Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:29:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  MLB - Discuss Yesterday's action or anything you want
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLB - Discuss Yesterday's action or anything you want  (Read 73200 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »

Whitesox are bout to pull off a deal to grab Alfonso Soriano.

U add Soriano to what they already have in that lineup and they are gonna be one tough team to beat.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2006, 11:57:19 AM »

Whitesox are bout to pull off a deal to grab Alfonso Soriano.

U add Soriano to what they already have in that lineup and they are gonna be one tough team to beat.

It's pitching that they need, not offense.

BTW, watch out for the twins.

Also, the Yankees have pulled within' 0.5 games of the wildcard lead.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2006, 12:17:50 PM »

BTW, watch out for the twins.

Thanks for the newsflash!  They're only the hottest team in the game right now - What are you gonna tell us next?  That Clemens is coming back? confused

I'm just kidding around ......Yeah, can you imagine having to play Minnesota with Liriano and Santana in a 5 game series now?  Too bad their lineup is in need of another bat...........not a bad place for Soriano to end up actually
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2006, 02:30:32 PM »

Royals have made some nice trades to pick  up pitchers recently. You win with pitching. I think the new GM has a plan (at least I hope). There might be hope after all in KC.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2006, 04:14:59 PM »

Royals have made some nice trades to pick? up pitchers recently. You win with pitching. I think the new GM has a plan (at least I hope). There might be hope after all in KC.

When you're pitchers have an overall era nearing 6, I think pitching is really the only option to go for.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2006, 06:00:20 PM »

I never thought I'd hear myself saying this, but I hope the Yankees take the Wild Card.  Twins would be my #2 choice.  Anyone but those goddamned White Sox.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2006, 06:12:43 PM »

The White Sox just lost to the twins meaning that the yankees, white sox and twins are now all tied for the wildcard lead. OF course, the yankees still have to play tonight so the yankees could take a very short lead.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2006, 06:36:26 PM »

For fuck's sake the met's pitching is awfull... Thank go dthe rookie maine has had 19 scoreless inning straight,... Met's finally won today ending that 3 game skid.. As long as delgado does good and beltran keeps up the hitting.. Excellent pick up getting valentine
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2006, 10:56:35 AM »

Mets will definitely make a trade for a Starting pitcher in the next few days. You cannot realistically expect to go into the playoffs with 2 old men who can barely make their starts or get past the 6th inning when they do. The Mets are going to go for it all this year.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2006, 01:08:57 PM »

The Yankees now have the wildcard lead by one half game. It's only July but it is still exciting. They're only 1.5 games out from the red sox for the AL East.

Meanwhile, Minnesota is winning at a rapid pace and Chicago is falling at a rapid pace. So, I'd say right now, it's more of a 2 team race for the wildcard, unless New York can catch Boston, then it's more of a three team race with either Boston or New York winning the division and either Minnesota or New York/Boston winning the wildcard.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2006, 03:29:01 AM »

Mets will definitely make a trade for a Starting pitcher in the next few days. You cannot realistically expect to go into the playoffs with 2 old men who can barely make their starts or get past the 6th inning when they do. The Mets are going to go for it all this year.

No question, it's getting to be like 86, anything less then the championship is unacceptable... They definetly need pitching, but I know in true NYM fashion they will trade away some huge talent
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2006, 10:28:22 AM »

No question, it's getting to be like 86, anything less then the championship is unacceptable... They definetly need pitching, but I know in true NYM fashion they will trade away some huge talent

Mike, I think you should prepare yourself for the possibilty that Milledge is going to get traded at the cost of a World Series Appearance this year. You don't go to war with Pedro, Glavine, Delgado, LoDuca unless you're going for it in the near future, you know?  I've heard that they are working on a deal with Oakland that would send Milledge & Heilman there for Zito, but that they're going to try to work out an extension agreement with Zito that is contingent to the trade. If they could make the deal and wrap up Zito for a few years, I would do it if I were them. If they trade Milledge for Zito, and then let Zito hit the open market in the winter, that may be a tough one to swallow - even if you go to the Series - especially since he'll be a Yankee shortly after going on the market ok
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2006, 12:10:58 PM »

I hope so. I want Zito to pitch for the yankees very badly.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2006, 01:35:38 PM »

Carlos Lee to Texas -   That lineup is ridiculous for the Rangers. Too bad it's the same formula that brought them to the playoffs in the past, but crapped out in the end
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2006, 05:05:41 AM »

I want dontrell on the mets., yeah Lastings will be gone for him or zito.. It's about this year.

What a weird game last night, p[edro sucked the first inning then the rest the mets no hitted atlanta... Very weird game.. Wright reyes beltran took care of them... beer
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2006, 12:42:33 PM »

HEY WANG! IT'S A PARKING LOT!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2006, 02:04:44 PM »

Bobby Abreu = Yankee!!!

Yankees get Abreu and Lidle
Phillies get CJ Henry, Matt Smith, minor leaguer TBNL.

Here's the link..
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2534459
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2006, 02:18:50 PM »

Despite the salary implications, it's the perfect move for the Yanks -   You get Sheffield's replacement for the next few years, when you don't pick up his option, and you get a damn good hitter now and adds insurance in case Sheff or Matsui don't come back when expected

Lidle can eat a few innings for them as well -

Very Sweet beer
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2006, 03:12:52 PM »

Phillies shot themselves in the foot on this one.  They gave up a decent pitcher and their one good piece of trade bait for a prospect (albeit at a position where they need someone) and a no-name stiff.

What do the Yanks have to blackmail teams?  There's gotta be some way they do it.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2006, 03:32:37 PM »

It's all about financial relief

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: