Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:18:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Download Festival - June 11th
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download Festival - June 11th  (Read 107112 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #760 on: June 13, 2006, 01:42:55 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyDje3LsHY0&search=better%20download

the better video (shot my me) on youtube

sorry if its been posted already

wow, he didn?t move lol

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #761 on: June 13, 2006, 01:48:04 PM »

I've never seen Axl so stationary.

fucking amazing... I love the performance. and Tommy was cool
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #762 on: June 13, 2006, 01:59:31 PM »

Damn, seeing him sing like made me afraid....boy am I glad I wasn't there!  However, Tommy goin nuts seemed to make him feel better for some reason...the end there was just great  rofl

Yeah watching that even after the fact was uncomfortable.  This was a moment where in the past Axl would've said "thanks to the lame ass roadies, I'm going home".  Credit to him for keeping it together and Tommy for telling the fuckheads throwing shit to knock it off
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 02:03:47 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #763 on: June 13, 2006, 02:02:43 PM »

Fuck the haters. ?I was near the front and only heard a few wankers shouting for Slash and Duff etc. ?One person even shouted "Matt Sorum on drums" ?hihi

These people were all near the back whinging like a bunch of pussies. ?What's their fucking problem, they're too stupid to know a good band when they see it. ?I bet they only liked GN'R cos they were popular and believe all the shit that Weiland and some members of VR and the press have come out with.

Fear not GN'R fans, Axl totally OWNED that crowd no matter what they all say. ?And I applauded Tommy for taking his stance, he showed balls instead of taking it.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #764 on: June 13, 2006, 02:11:48 PM »

Back in 1992 or so, didn't Axl perform a few songs laying flat on his back after he slipped on the stage?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #765 on: June 13, 2006, 02:15:14 PM »

The reason axl did not move is because he probably could not hear himself well and by standing still he could concenrate and hear himself. He sang the song great. And most lead singers (like eddie veddar) stand still for the whole show, so its not a big deal

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #766 on: June 13, 2006, 02:23:53 PM »

Back in 1992 or so, didn't Axl perform a few songs laying flat on his back after he slipped on the stage?

rofl I remember hearing about that.  Or that he at least finished a song like that.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Shirell
« Reply #767 on: June 13, 2006, 02:26:55 PM »

Fuck the haters. ?I was near the front and only heard a few wankers shouting for Slash and Duff etc. ?One person even shouted "Matt Sorum on drums" ?hihi

These people were all near the back whinging like a bunch of pussies. ?What's their fucking problem, they're too stupid to know a good band when they see it. ?I bet they only liked GN'R cos they were popular and believe all the shit that Weiland and some members of VR and the press have come out with.

Fear not GN'R fans, Axl totally OWNED that crowd no matter what they all say. ?And I applauded Tommy for taking his stance, he showed balls instead of taking it.

I'd love to know who that group of dickheads were who kept shouting for Slash.  Guys all around me were telling them to shut the f**k up but they kept going.  Bottles being thrown all over the place.  The water filled bottles were actually welcome but the whiskey, coke and piss bottles I could have done without. 
Origen
« Reply #768 on: June 13, 2006, 02:38:14 PM »

rofl I remember hearing about that.? Or that he at least finished a song like that.

It was in Lisborn, Portugal he fell on his back and just lied there for 2 or 3 songs and sang like that.

Axl falls down during the middle of 'It's So Easy' and sings the rest of the song lying down. He also sings the next 2 songs lying down
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 02:40:55 PM by Origen » Logged
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #769 on: June 13, 2006, 02:38:58 PM »

heh Axl sulking. It almost looks like he is miming  hihi

Maybe he was thinking about the legal situation. He could have just stood there and put no effort in and performed 10 songs and left the gig. Then afterwards pointed the finger of blame at the organizers for failing to make the stage save.

If he had of done that i doubt he would have been invited back again.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 02:43:47 PM by codenameninja » Logged
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #770 on: June 13, 2006, 02:46:18 PM »

the problems at the beginning were really scary, i thought the show was going to end any minute! But they bounced back and gave a brilliant show! Axl didn't move in better cos he was pissed off (As far as i could tell) The show was fantastic, the best i've seen.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #771 on: June 13, 2006, 02:54:26 PM »

Why do GNR have technical difficulties?

is it cause they dont soundcheck?

Shitty equipment......

bad techs?

Ive never in my life heard of a band have as many technical problems as GNR.

The tech guys are from the venue not the band right?

No and yes. Each venue would have technical support but make no mistake every band(big time band) has their own crew for everything from lighting to sound to toilet paper. If Axl is walking into these shows solely relying on venue staff than he's crazy. Well he's crazy but he's not brain dead. The "technical difficulties" that Gn'R have in my opinion are there for excuse purposes only becasue let's face it there's no reason that a band with a name the stature of Guns N' Roses should have these problems on an almost nightly basis. yeah that sounds crazy that it's intentional but c'mon the problem should've been fixed long ago but these "problems" keep happening. I know it's not really intentional but it's to a point now where it wouldn't surprise me.

What have the tech problems been so far? They have not  been excuses nor gnrs fault.
Rio the internet feed was crap, that was not gnrs fault. Plus it was said by the people that were at the show the sound was fine.
Last night, the floor was slippery, how is that gnrs fault? That was the venues. Also you could hear Axls mic fading in and on out the bootlegs, how is that an excuse? Esp when Axl sounded great at that show.

What are the other tech problems?  I forget.

Yes your right, every band does have their own crew, but when it comes to festivals you dont get the luxury of turning up during the day and doing a soundcheck, making sure the levels are all right, using your own soundboard and full lighting rig. You have to rely on other people and other peoples equipment which is usually fine. But i think ive pointed this out before, GnR are a 7 piece band 8 if you want to include Izzy. This isnt U2 we are talking about, this isnt a 4 piece and a backing track which is easy to mic up and get sounding right. Festivals involve making compromises hence all the problems at the recent shows! RIR the mixing desk blew up, which was why the sound was atrocious. Now i highly doubt the GnR mixing desk would blow. If i recall correctly in 2002 they had one of the most advanced desks in history, one of 3 in existence which was completly destroyed during one of the riots. That right there shows that it takes alot of equipment to get the sound Axl wants everyone to hear!

Give it a few more shows and im sure all these problems will dissapear. Unless of course Axl keeps firing the sound techs which means the problem will never get solved!

Jonx
GNRslaxl
Rocker

« Reply #772 on: June 13, 2006, 02:57:01 PM »

rofl I remember hearing about that.? Or that he at least finished a song like that.

In Hannover, June 3rd. 1992, he was so pissed off, he was singing at least half of the setlist sitting on the drum kit stairs, thats the show where he said " i'm mr mood swing " after WTTJ i think, he started to run  Tongue
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #773 on: June 13, 2006, 02:59:34 PM »

Shitty equipment......

bad techs?

No and yes. Each venue would have technical support but make no mistake every band(big time band) has their own crew for everything from lighting to sound to toilet paper. If Axl is walking into these shows solely relying on venue staff than he's crazy. Well he's crazy but he's not brain dead. The "technical difficulties" that Gn'R have in my opinion are there for excuse purposes only becasue let's face it there's no reason that a band with a name the stature of Guns N' Roses should have these problems on an almost nightly basis. yeah that sounds crazy that it's intentional but c'mon the problem should've been fixed long ago but these "problems" keep happening. I know it's not really intentional but it's to a point now where it wouldn't surprise me.

What have the tech problems been so far? They have not? been excuses nor gnrs fault.
Rio the internet feed was crap, that was not gnrs fault. Plus it was said by the people that were at the show the sound was fine.
Last night, the floor was slippery, how is that gnrs fault? That was the venues. Also you could hear Axls mic fading in and on out the bootlegs, how is that an excuse? Esp when Axl sounded great at that show.

What are the other tech problems?? I forget.

Yes your right, every band does have their own crew, but when it comes to festivals you dont get the luxury of turning up during the day and doing a soundcheck, making sure the levels are all right, using your own soundboard and full lighting rig. You have to rely on other people and other peoples equipment which is usually fine. But i think ive pointed this out before, GnR are a 7 piece band 8 if you want to include Izzy. This isnt U2 we are talking about, this isnt a 4 piece and a backing track which is easy to mic up and get sounding right. Festivals involve making compromises hence all the problems at the recent shows! RIR the mixing desk blew up, which was why the sound was atrocious. Now i highly doubt the GnR mixing desk would blow. If i recall correctly in 2002 they had one of the most advanced desks in history, one of 3 in existence which was completly destroyed during one of the riots. That right there shows that it takes alot of equipment to get the sound Axl wants everyone to hear!

Give it a few more shows and im sure all these problems will dissapear. Unless of course Axl keeps firing the sound techs which means the problem will never get solved!

Jonx

Because so far the tech problems have not happened at the shows just gnr were playing right? It has just been festival shows

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Origen
« Reply #774 on: June 13, 2006, 03:01:24 PM »

Shitty equipment......

bad techs?

What have the tech problems been so far? They have not? been excuses nor gnrs fault.

Jonx

Because so far the tech problems have not happened at the shows just gnr were playing right? It has just been festival shows

Madrid show was a GnR show wasn't it, and that started what 2 hours late or somethink because of "tech problems"
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #775 on: June 13, 2006, 03:03:26 PM »

Shitty equipment......

bad techs?

Jonx

Madrid show was a GnR show wasn't it, and that started what 2 hours late or somethink because of "tech problems"

That tech problem was not with the guitars and stuff it had to do with Axl not having his oxygen tank, and he would not go on without his own

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #776 on: June 13, 2006, 03:09:05 PM »

Shitty equipment......

bad techs?

What have the tech problems been so far? They have not  been excuses nor gnrs fault.

What are the other tech problems?  I forget.

Jonx

That tech problem was not with the guitars and stuff it had to do with Axl not having his oxygen tank, and he would not go on without his own

Yeah and if i have the possibility of a riot going on and Axl is being picky backstage, im not going to go and tell a crowd that the band arnt going on, im going to tell them that there are technical problems and start praying eventually everything will start otherwise shit will most definitly hit the fan!

This band needs to soundcheck, simple as that..... play a couple of songs, iron out all the problems then drop everything where it is, come back 5 or 6 hours later pick it all up and break into Jungle....... Problem solved. At festivals you dont usually get any of those luxuries, you turn up and you play. And yes before anyone says anything unexpected things can happen, but they are almost all minor and can be easily fixed, with the exception of a power surge that ends up blowing the entire venue - touch wood!

Jonx
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 03:11:31 PM by Jonx » Logged
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #777 on: June 13, 2006, 03:31:11 PM »

There are a million variables that can take place. Yes, they should be ironed out ahead of time, but there is no way of doing that 100% - especially if you are sharing a stage and PA.

It's unfortunate that in addition to being fairly high-maintenance about what he needs before going on, Axl also seems to have some questionable luck. When there are genuine technical problems, people naturally assume that he's being a prima donna. It's unfair, but undeniable. As far as the oxygen, masseusses, etc. I would take that with a grain of salt. It might be true, but who knows for sure?
estranged.1098
« Reply #778 on: June 13, 2006, 03:55:21 PM »

Does anyone know what pissed off Axl during KOHD?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 10:53:35 AM by estranged.1098 » Logged
RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #779 on: June 13, 2006, 04:13:43 PM »

The medley video that was posted a few pages back has SCOM from a different gig.

btw, does anyone know what pissed off Axl during KOHD?

It was something a fan did, I think he tugged at him and sorta pulled him back, possibly eve getting his mic in some way, when Axl was having a walk about at the front.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: