Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:04:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Download Festival - June 11th
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download Festival - June 11th  (Read 107213 times)
axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #720 on: June 12, 2006, 06:30:36 PM »

ok i was there i was worried sick at one stage but heres what i thought
me a my m8 got ourselves to the left of the stage not right at the front but close ?anyway.
the show got of to an amazing start with axl coming out holding 2 drinks while the riff for wttj was been played it seemed to go on a while b4 axl said u know where the fuck u are.
so everything is going great axl even jokes about the stage been slippy saying its great for dancing but not much good for running on.and he doesnt wanna end up on his arse.
worry number 1 im not sure which song axl said it in but he says 2 some 1 to the left of the stage maybe i should just stop.
then while playing kohd i think axl goes walk about among the crowd worry number 2 he calls someone a fucking cunt.
then onto scom axl slips on his ass u could see the horror on his face he gets up and gives someone on the left the finger.
the song then ends and axl stops the show due to technical difficulties.
so this is when the fans became an embarassment they start booing and calling we want slash while the stage guys were frantically trying to ?clean up the stage,they put down black plastic sheets.
then bumblefoot came out and the crowd was still shouting for slash,he proceded to do some speed guitar which got a big cheer then he played the dont cry instrumental which sounds awsome.all the while he was playing people where throwing bottles at him and he was dodging them and laughing it off.
so then the band came out and started with ycbm but axl still wasnt happy so half way through axl walked off leaving tommy and fink to sing the rest.by arse is nipping ?right now all i could think about is riot.you could also feel the tension between the band member.
richard and robin then do there beautiful solo which people where once again are throwing bottles and richard is laughing it off.i really felt for them i was thinking this could be the end of the band here.
so then axl comes out and does better which sounded good but axl looked like he didnt wanna be there he looked really sad and didnt run at all and stood still for the whole song.
then tommy got hit by something so he flipped he took off his guitar and started jumping up and down on it he then picked it up and hit the camera man with it.a guy walked past me and said that isnt a band
at the end of better there was a small cheer then a boo which was aimed at tommy so tommy came back on satge and said he was sorry but hes put up with shit for a long time and if people continued to throw stuff he was going home.
axl then said we'll all go home.but to be honest something changed from that moment axl seemed pleased that tommy had spoke and what happened next was amazing axl started running about again.izzy and then sebastian coming on stage i think izzy was there for 5 songs he said to axl so u still love me then and axl stood nodding his head.
when izzy went off the stage between songs axl said the last i remember he was in the band which was funny.
when sebastian went off the stage after my michelle he shouted gunsnfucking roses which brought the house down.
the real suprise for me though was the encore normally u get 2 maybe 3 songs but i think there was about 6 and you could see that it wasnt really the intention because they discussed what to play.
highlights for me were
1.they showed up
2.izzy been there
3.the tightness of the band they sounded so much better than in 2002
4.bumblefoot he's a great replacement for bucket loved his playing and he seemed really cool
5.chinese democracy the changes to that song there a intro to it now and a longer guitar solo it rocked.
6.the way in which gnr won thenlost then well and truely won the crowd back it was surreal and a credit to them.

the only dissapointment was the crowd at times most must have been truelly off there faces and ive got to say they were disrespectful at times.
oh and if i catch the pesrson who threw the piss bottle at my head he's going down.

there wasnt alot of people around me that new the words to the new songs but they seemed to go down well
great show fantastic band rock on guys.

sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #721 on: June 12, 2006, 06:34:14 PM »

Nice review axlstod  Smiley

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #722 on: June 12, 2006, 06:34:26 PM »

oh axl sounded great too his voice was never drowned out all night which i felt in 2002 it was at times.
the man is awesome his stage presence is amazing youve got to see it to beleive it he was running around for 90% of the show and was never out of breath and hit all the right notes.
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #723 on: June 12, 2006, 06:51:08 PM »

i've found some more articles about download ( www.blogger.be/gnrblogok

Like peeing clouds!
gnrbr
Rocker

Everywhere i go i c ya

« Reply #724 on: June 12, 2006, 07:00:59 PM »

source: gnrstrip.com
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #725 on: June 12, 2006, 07:13:07 PM »

I Just watched the YCBM video, did axls mic cut out near the end? Is that why he stopped singing, it looked like he was trying to talk into it but nothing was coming out.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
anythinggoes
« Reply #726 on: June 12, 2006, 07:14:16 PM »

I Just watched the YCBM video, did axls mic cut out near the end? Is that why he stopped singing, it looked like he was trying to talk into it but nothing was coming out.

yeah i think so from what i could make out
Evolution
« Reply #727 on: June 12, 2006, 07:36:03 PM »

Anyone else see Tommy GLARE at Axl in YCBM?

Just asked Ron how he enjoyed the last few UK dates

Thank YOU! (we wouldn't be there without *you*) Smiley

Had a wonderful time, thanks Smiley

bbf
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #728 on: June 12, 2006, 07:44:09 PM »

I just watch the videos of download that were posted in the APPETITE FOR COLLECTION  section  and all i can say is " magnificent".  If  anybody had any doubts regarding Axl's voice before that show    those doubts should be totally gone now.  That is the best Axl has sounded  in "jungle"  since the illusion era  .     Rock on Axl ,  you are still the greatest.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #729 on: June 12, 2006, 07:48:14 PM »

yeah his voice is really something else. just keeps on sounding better n better!

Chinese Democracy!
madagas
« Reply #730 on: June 12, 2006, 07:55:27 PM »

This is the biggest triumph yet for the new band. Hands down. Hostile, rough crowd, show not going smoothly. Then, they turn it in to a complete victory. That is how great bands are made. Not by everyone loving you and kissing your ass, but by hard work and determination. Axl stayed cool and I am quite suprised. He seems so much better than.....EVER...psychologically especially. He could have lost it after Better but he stayed cool and joked about it. And Tommy, he's the fucking man. He wasn't going to let the crowd run roughshod over his band. The other guys were smiling and laughing, being all professional. No. Tommy's like "fuck you" show some respect. It is not a coincidence that the show took off after that. I am sure Axl very much appreciated that and respected that. He needs another leader to take the heat off him. Also, the rough and ramshackle Used to Love Her was great....messy but great. Tommy on drums was cool. Again, that is the kind of shit that makes a band special. I think these guys are going to make it and make it in a big way. ok  ps someone has got to get that Stinson thing up on youtube. There has to be a video of the entire thing. A panoramic shot where you can see him throw the guitar. hihi
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #731 on: June 12, 2006, 08:04:11 PM »

I think it was very brave done by Mr Stinson. Duff, Slash or Steven would never do somthing like that.. Grab the mic from Axl`s hand and say that..
This is what Axl want.. people to tell, when something is wrong.. just not, act like nothing is happening..

waird seeing Axl there when HE is not ranting, but another bandmember!! First time in history?

ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #732 on: June 12, 2006, 08:05:16 PM »

source: gnrstrip.com

wow that jacket ruless! he looks great there  Grin

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
madagas
« Reply #733 on: June 12, 2006, 08:06:11 PM »

Also, did anyone else notice that right as Tommy was flipping out, Axl sings the "aggravation" part of Better then the line "and in the end just use your head and you'll find you inspiration". Quite ironic that Mr. Aggravation himself, Axl, is telling someone to "use your head"/keep your cool. ?ok
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 08:09:47 PM by madagas » Logged
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #734 on: June 12, 2006, 08:10:03 PM »

Also, does did anyone else notice that right as Tommy was flipping out, Axl sings the "aggravation" part of Better then the line "and in the end just use your head and you'll find you inspiration". Quite ironic that Mr. Aggravation himself, Axl, is telling someone to "use your head"/keep your cool. ?ok

yeah, on the clip, it looks like Tommy smashed his bassguitar.. did he do that? Well, he is a punkrocknroller  hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #735 on: June 12, 2006, 08:18:15 PM »

i want those vids god dammit!  Angry

i've been trying all afternoon and no slots  Cry

bad day today!

well, i guess i'll see them someday  Smiley.

tommy brought up his punk roots ah? coool! who said this band don't have attitude?.

rock on

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #736 on: June 12, 2006, 08:41:28 PM »

Nice to see Axl has reintroduced the "with your ass in the air" line into YCBM, that's been missing from recent shows that I've heard.

Ok, so I'm behind in reading the thread....

At one of the Hammerstein gigs, he held the mic out to the crowd to sing that line, and grinned ear to ear when most of the crowd sang it Grin  Gotta love hardcores Grin Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
estranged.1098
« Reply #737 on: June 12, 2006, 09:53:08 PM »

Thanks to our friends from splat we have a comment from Merck on the gig:

"(This) was by far the most difficult gig of the tour with just about everything that could go wrong but despite the problems Axl stayed focused on the occasion and was determined to give the Donington fans a fantastic show"

http://www.sp1at.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1965
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #738 on: June 12, 2006, 11:09:50 PM »

The biggest and most neutral news source in the UK, the BBC, gave Axl the big thumbs up. They said

"Guns n' Roses were once proclaimed The World's Most Dangerous Band. On tonight's evidence that danger is still there, which ? while at one stage threatening to derail the whole show - has instead focused Axl and the band into delivering one of the all-time great Donington performances.

Yes, Metallica were unstoppable on Saturday night, but they didn?t face the pressure of a world waiting to see them put a foot wrong. What Axl delivered in the face of that expectation was a two-and-a-half-hour masterclass in the light and shade of rock'n'roll.

The new album, Chinese Democracy, is reportedly ready for release. If it lives up to tonight, then Guns n' Roses will once again be the biggest band in the world. "
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #739 on: June 12, 2006, 11:39:01 PM »

Why do GNR have technical difficulties?

is it cause they dont soundcheck?

Shitty equipment......

bad techs?

Ive never in my life heard of a band have as many technical problems as GNR.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: