Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:28:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Download Festival - June 11th
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download Festival - June 11th  (Read 107368 times)
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #660 on: June 12, 2006, 01:44:41 PM »

How the fuck could those inbred morons boo and chuck bottles at that?

That is the fucking shit!!! Outstanding!!!

I'm afraid that's what you get a festivals. Too many people go who are not real music fans. They haven't got the attention spans to listen to a jam or piano solo or wait for a few mins whilst technical difficulties are sorted. They're the kinda people who go to just mosh to all the current hip bands and don't understand the significance of Axl playing the Monsters of Rock festival.
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #661 on: June 12, 2006, 01:49:19 PM »

Forgot to mention.

Am I crazy or was it Tommy drumming for the first part of Used to Love Her Last Night?- Maybe I was seeing things but noticed he was back playing bass last night towards the end and couldnt see him for a while.

Maybe that explains the ahem slightly loose (but awesome) feel. Anyone else who was there last night should know what I mean

-Greg

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #662 on: June 12, 2006, 01:57:56 PM »

During which song does Tommy take the microphone off Axl and tell the crowd to stop throwing the bottles?
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #663 on: June 12, 2006, 01:58:58 PM »

Forgot to mention.

Am I crazy or was it Tommy drumming for the first part of Used to Love Her Last Night?- Maybe I was seeing things but noticed he was back playing bass last night towards the end and couldnt see him for a while.

Maybe that explains the ahem slightly loose (but awesome) feel. Anyone else who was there last night should know what I mean

-Greg
Well Im not 100% sure but seems like that.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4HDerVjLN8&search=Used%20to%20love%20her%202006

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #664 on: June 12, 2006, 02:00:21 PM »

Forgot to mention.

-Greg

Yeah it was, i pointed it out a few pages back. Was a bit of a shoddy performance but then again they hadnt rehearsed it at all, it wasnt on the setlist.... Probably Izzys suggestion!

Jonx

Jonx
Origen
« Reply #665 on: June 12, 2006, 02:00:53 PM »

During which song does Tommy take the microphone off Axl and tell the crowd to stop throwing the bottles?

I believe it happened during Better and he said it after the song.
anythinggoes
« Reply #666 on: June 12, 2006, 02:01:30 PM »

better its 15mins away from being uploaded ok
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #667 on: June 12, 2006, 02:03:46 PM »

I dunno but me and my mates just saw the looks he was giving him especially after his outburst at the crowd. You know i think the bottle incident was a reaction to something else going on maybe simply an argument or something. ?May be nothing at all but that's Just what we picked up on. ?

Hopefully Axl and Tommy are not getting into a fight again

Again? Have they got into a fight before?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #668 on: June 12, 2006, 02:05:22 PM »

I dunno but me and my mates just saw the looks he was giving him especially after his outburst at the crowd. You know i think the bottle incident was a reaction to something else going on maybe simply an argument or something. ?May be nothing at all but that's Just what we picked up on. ?

Yeah before the Hammterstein show.
Axl talked about it during that first show.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #669 on: June 12, 2006, 02:05:43 PM »

is it safe to say this was a great show and people on this board went nuts once again?

i remember may 14th or 15th......  axl said his voice was fucked and people directly started to write shit like "his voice is cracking on brownstone" (updates...)

when i listened to the show everything was fine even on the bootleg Roll Eyes

same for budapest, madrid etc......   we got some really negative fucks on this board...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Shirell
« Reply #670 on: June 12, 2006, 02:06:19 PM »

This was amazing!? I nearly passed out when Izzy came on stage.? Was about 8 rows from the front got battered.? Very bruised today!!!? Got some pics though most were blurred and spoiled which was a shame.? Did get a few nice ones though, would like to post them but dont know how.? Can someone enlighten me please.

You can host them for free end easy at www.imageshack.us then after you pressed "host it" there several links appear. Copy/paste the lowest link into here, select that link so it gets coloured blue and click on the landscape icon right below the "I"

That's it.
I have been trying this for an hour and my patience is now at an end (three days at Download, I'm sure you understand!) ?I cant figure out how to upload these pics so, as I do know how to email the pics to someone else, can some kind soul who knows how to put these on the site, please let me send them to their email. ?Thanks for your help.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #671 on: June 12, 2006, 02:06:48 PM »

This was amazing!? I nearly passed out when Izzy came on stage.? Was about 8 rows from the front got battered.? Very bruised today!!!? Got some pics though most were blurred and spoiled which was a shame.? Did get a few nice ones though, would like to post them but dont know how.? Can someone enlighten me please.

You can host them for free end easy at www.imageshack.us then after you pressed "host it" there several links appear. Copy/paste the lowest link into here, select that link so it gets coloured blue and click on the landscape icon right below the "I"

That's it.
I have been trying this for an hour and my patience is now at an end (three days at Download, I'm sure you understand!) ?I cant figure out how to upload these pics so, as I do know how to email the pics to someone else, can some kind soul who knows how to put these on the site, please let me send them to their email. ?Thanks for your help.

do you have aim
if so usethat

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #672 on: June 12, 2006, 02:07:49 PM »

Oh...... What happened there?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #673 on: June 12, 2006, 02:09:54 PM »

Oh...... What happened there?

Not sure
Just both were fed up with each other or something to that effect

gnrbr
Rocker

Everywhere i go i c ya

« Reply #674 on: June 12, 2006, 02:13:55 PM »

better its 15mins away from being uploaded ok

and im anxious to watch it! hihi peace
Shirell
« Reply #675 on: June 12, 2006, 02:23:58 PM »

That's it.

do you have aim
if so usethat
I have no idea at all what this means! 
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #676 on: June 12, 2006, 02:30:55 PM »

I haven?t read all the pages so I dunno. But is there anyway to obtain this whole show on mp3 or video!? It's seems fantastic! Best sound, from what I heard on youtube and best setlist by far this tour! drool

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Olorin
« Reply #677 on: June 12, 2006, 02:36:24 PM »

Just talking to my mate who was right at the front.

Axl was well fucked off with certain technicians, pushed one of them away by the face while telling him to fuck off.

When Tommy threw his guitar away, it bounced off a cameramans head.

People thought it was a good show ruined by guitar solos and Axls dissapearing acts.

People kind of expected him to stay and chat to the crowd between songs and had the perception that because he never, he vanished, it was the Axl Rose Primmadonna Arrogance behind it.

Him and his freinds enjoyed it but the general concensus from them, and folk they spoke too, was it could have been great but the gaps between songs killed the momentum big time.
Micky.Fegz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #678 on: June 12, 2006, 02:38:14 PM »

got back from download this morning!!

BEST GIG EVER!

I've read all through these posts and it seems to me that some people were watching a different show to me?

It was great, great setlist and the crowd were all totally into it!

the tommy thing lasted a second so i don't know what people are getting so stressed about axl just strugged his shoulders smiled at tommy then carried on, nothing major at all!

the sound was awsome listening to GN'R over the internet just don't do it justice at all, they sounded really heavy and tight ok

people where i was (which was about 3 rows in on the rightside) were into every song even the new ones and i could tell they've never heard them before, they just love them!

after every song there was either an AXL chant or a GUNS N' ROSES chant which you could tell axl loved and when Izzy came out everyone started chanting IZZY IZZY IZZY which Axl joined in with.

to me it was flawless no problems at all, yeah they might have been a tech problem or somthing but BF came out and played Don't Cry and all was forgotten!

Best Gig Ever ?yes ok cheers GN'R ?peace

now we all know better Wink

www.myspace.com/bulletsforteeth
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #679 on: June 12, 2006, 02:44:41 PM »

Just talking to my mate who was right at the front.

Axl was well fucked off with certain technicians, pushed one of them away by the face while telling him to fuck off.

When Tommy threw his guitar away, it bounced off a cameramans head.

People thought it was a good show ruined by guitar solos and Axls dissapearing acts.

People kind of expected him to stay and chat to the crowd between songs and had the perception that because he never, he vanished, it was the Axl Rose Primmadonna Arrogance behind it.

Him and his freinds enjoyed it but the general concensus from them, and folk they spoke too, was it could have been great but the gaps between songs killed the momentum big time.

Dont people know by now when axl runs backstage its not because he is a premadonna but he is getting oxygen?

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: