Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:06:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Download Festival - June 11th
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download Festival - June 11th  (Read 116781 times)
darkmonth
« Reply #640 on: June 12, 2006, 11:57:50 AM »

Guns N' Roses rocked ...

but so did:

- Bullet for my Valentine (ANYONE who saw them HAS to admit it),
- Fighstar was VERY good and when bottled, basically said "throw at me, but not at our fans, you cunts", to which rapturous applause came... great Smiley
- Dragonforce rocked, tho the sound was naff... stupid engineers

But...

- Funeral for a Friend was boring.
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #641 on: June 12, 2006, 11:58:39 AM »

fightstar!!!!! rofl

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #642 on: June 12, 2006, 11:59:42 AM »

Guns N' Roses rocked ...

but so did:

- Bullet for my Valentine (ANYONE who saw them HAS to admit it),
- Fighstar was VERY good and when bottled, basically said "throw at me, but not at our fans, you cunts", to which rapturous applause came... great Smiley
- Dragonforce rocked, tho the sound was naff... stupid engineers

But...

- Funeral for a Friend was boring.

spot on!

also Backyard Babies rocked, and so diid the band with the lead singer who looks like the bloke from Him!!

Cool

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #643 on: June 12, 2006, 12:00:38 PM »

I thoroughly enjoyed myself, fuck ups n' all. Some of the highlights

- The Blues
- Madagascar
- Tommy smashing his bass guitar and then Axl (who had been singing as if he didn't care during better) suddenly springing to life with a smile on his face.
- Entrance to Chinese Democracy
- Guitarists - all of them did a great job, especially given the fairly hostile crowd. Ron is really starting to come into his own, I can see him doing some great things in GNR!

I really think that the new songs are starting to come into their own...seriously a couple of friends who hadn't heard the new songs said they preferred them to the old, and actually liked the drama that was happening on stage!

Did anyone hear Axl's comment 'we should record that! then you could download it'! You could tell he was watching the crowds reaction to each new song...I really feel they are ramping up to releasing Chinese Democracy

Here today...ready to rock
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #644 on: June 12, 2006, 12:02:39 PM »

P.S.

Also

Metallica playing all of Master of Puppets
Opeth
Fishbone
Alice in Chains

Was really dissapointed that Tool finished so early and weren't playing in the dark.

SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #645 on: June 12, 2006, 12:18:37 PM »

Does antone know when they be showing clips of the gig on Kerrang??

anyother clips floating around apart from used to love her and the melody with Izzy??

Huh

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
estranged.1098
« Reply #646 on: June 12, 2006, 12:21:19 PM »

There's this medley:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpPHmbZRlyA
Shirell
« Reply #647 on: June 12, 2006, 12:50:28 PM »

This was amazing!  I nearly passed out when Izzy came on stage.  Was about 8 rows from the front got battered.  Very bruised today!!!  Got some pics though most were blurred and spoiled which was a shame.  Did get a few nice ones though, would like to post them but dont know how.  Can someone enlighten me please.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #648 on: June 12, 2006, 12:52:27 PM »

does anybody have dizzys piano solo?im not sure if i dreamt this but is it a cover of one of his own songs called 'air' ?

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/2199/me4eg.jpg

a pic in the car park at download? hihi

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #649 on: June 12, 2006, 12:52:36 PM »

This was amazing!? I nearly passed out when Izzy came on stage.? Was about 8 rows from the front got battered.? Very bruised today!!!? Got some pics though most were blurred and spoiled which was a shame.? Did get a few nice ones though, would like to post them but dont know how.? Can someone enlighten me please.

You can host them for free end easy at www.imageshack.us then after you pressed "host it" there several links appear. Copy/paste the lowest link into here, select that link so it gets coloured blue and click on the landscape icon right below the "I"

That's it.
Shirell
« Reply #650 on: June 12, 2006, 12:55:58 PM »

Thanks I'll give it ago but I'm a computer moron!
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #651 on: June 12, 2006, 01:18:27 PM »

does anybody have dizzys piano solo?im not sure if i dreamt this but is it a cover of one of his own songs called 'air' ?

wasn't it ziggy stardust?

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
gnrbr
Rocker

Everywhere i go i c ya

« Reply #652 on: June 12, 2006, 01:22:36 PM »

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/2199/me4eg.jpg

a pic in the car park at download? hihi

:hihi:man ure very funny Grin
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #653 on: June 12, 2006, 01:26:59 PM »

AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME!

Had an amazing time. ?It had everything u've read about classic GNR shows, the drama, the walk off's. ?Axl running all over the place, at one point was literally standing in front of my eyes .

Axl seemed really pissed at Tommy, he definatly wasn't amused, some of the looks he gave lol. ?Tommy was a lil off, throwing a tantrum about the bottle throwing. I mean the bands before them had it alot worse.

Seeing Izzy playing 4 songs he recieved such a warm loved welcome. Reminds you how special those original members will always be ( that's not a diss on the new band they were superb but his reaction was awsome). Seb Bach coming on was also great. ?Axl was loving it once he got over the techincal difficulties. His voice and performance were spot on, you don't mind the little fuck ups when you can see him giving it his all and enjoying himself that much. ?

That was my 4th GNR show and whilst my first at Leeds will always be special. Sunday was totally spot on. ?

The only thing i left thinking was get that album out! Because from what we have heard it's already a fantastic album of songs, they recieved a great reaction too.

PS to one of the posts above. The Dizzy Reed solo was David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust which just added more greatnes to an amazing show.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #654 on: June 12, 2006, 01:29:57 PM »

why was axl pissed at tommy?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #655 on: June 12, 2006, 01:33:13 PM »

AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME!

Axl seemed really pissed at Tommy, he definatly wasn't amused, some of the looks he gave lol. ?Tommy was a lil off, throwing a tantrum about the bottle throwing. I mean the bands before them had it alot worse.

Funeral for a Friend had it bad...

I'm sure I heard Axl say 'now if you're gonna be like that I'll go home' or something, I thought it was directed at Robin. Couldn't understand what was going on. When I saw Tommy throw his bass, I thought for one second he was gonna deck Axl!

St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #656 on: June 12, 2006, 01:35:30 PM »

I dunno but me and my mates just saw the looks he was giving him especially after his outburst at the crowd. You know i think the bottle incident was a reaction to something else going on maybe simply an argument or something. ?May be nothing at all but that's Just what we picked up on. ?

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #657 on: June 12, 2006, 01:36:48 PM »

I dunno but me and my mates just saw the looks he was giving him especially after his outburst at the crowd. You know i think the bottle incident was a reaction to something else going on maybe simply an argument or something. ?May be nothing at all but that's Just what we picked up on. ?

Hopefully Axl and Tommy are not getting into a fight again

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Olorin
« Reply #658 on: June 12, 2006, 01:37:18 PM »

How the fuck could those inbred morons boo and chuck bottles at that?

That is the fucking shit!!! Outstanding!!!
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #659 on: June 12, 2006, 01:41:46 PM »

Excellent review by adam_kelley2003 a few pages back. I was at the show and think he sums it up pretty well.

Overall I think the gig was awesome. Izzy was the undoubted highlight for me. I Second anyone who has said he seemed part of the band. He even took part in the bow at the end! It was great how Axl got the crowd back and they were a difficult crowd.

I felt sorry for the new guitarists last night- while I am a massive fan of the new band- it struck home to be last night how many 'casual fans' which Axl will need to win around continue to want Slash still. Huge shoes to fill and I dont think you can expect them to be filled until a new album is released- only then can many people in a crowd like that identify and give 'personalities' to these new players.

New songs sounded awesome and got good receptions. I agree that Better was only booed because of the difficulties the band were having at the time.

Nice to see you again Jarmo and others.
Sorry didnt get to meet up again Bumblehead- couldnt be bothered to trek all the way to that hill!

-Greg

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: