Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 05:52:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Download Festival - June 11th
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download Festival - June 11th  (Read 107609 times)
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #580 on: June 12, 2006, 03:23:06 AM »

don't worry that won't get mentioned in the news, some twats decided a riot was needed to finish the weekend off and proceded to destroy the fucking place.

trees, tents, vans, toilets all set on fire poles supporting the lights were ripped down, riot police came and had to use tear gas, to stop the morons.

Shit! the press will just blame it all on Axl.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #581 on: June 12, 2006, 03:23:13 AM »

this is nothing strange to GNR.......remember when Duff got nailed with a bottle of piss, I think in Berlin or Argentina or something. ?Shit happens. ?We must get over it and move on. ?Always has to be one idiot asshole out of 20,000

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #582 on: June 12, 2006, 03:24:05 AM »

don't worry that won't get mentioned in the news, some twats decided a riot was needed to finish the weekend off and proceded to destroy the fucking place.

trees, tents, vans, toilets all set on fire poles supporting the lights were ripped down, riot police came and had to use tear gas, to stop the morons.

Shit! the press will just blame it all on Axl.

yeah i can see it now:

GnR came onstage ontime, fans riot........

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #583 on: June 12, 2006, 03:25:37 AM »

Just saw the vid. I really do like the vocal variations, Axl adds to the old songs recently. The prove, how his singing abilities clearly evolved.

Restraint is for suckers.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #584 on: June 12, 2006, 03:26:11 AM »

yeah someone will try to blame GNR eventhough they were long gone when everyone got stupid.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #585 on: June 12, 2006, 03:31:20 AM »

yeah someone will try to blame GNR eventhough they were long gone when everyone got stupid.

actually it all kicked off straight after GnR, the advertising things in the arena were the first to be trashed.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #586 on: June 12, 2006, 03:34:30 AM »

actually it all kicked off straight after GnR, the advertising things in the arena were the first to be trashed.

really? damn still obviously not their fault. not that it will stop someone from trying to say it is.
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #587 on: June 12, 2006, 03:38:28 AM »

I was there!!

Axl was having trouble with his Mix, during you could be mine he walked off, and the band walked, you got to understand most of these people ant hard core GNR fans, axl didnt really help himself to be fair, and during this time it was like world war 3 with the bottles this always happens at British festvials, and yes tommy was hit with one during Better, threw his bass and hit the poor camrea man!!

Onec the band came back on the crowd soon forgot about the trouble at the start, Axl was even better than at Hammersmith!

By the end most the crowd were pretty amazed!!! walking back to the camp site!!

peace

ok

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #588 on: June 12, 2006, 03:40:25 AM »

really? damn still obviously not their fault. not that it will stop someone from trying to say it is.

yeah there was no reason for it, just people being assholes. early news reports are just reporting fires and the riot police presence, blame game isn't being played yet.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #589 on: June 12, 2006, 03:45:06 AM »

I knew this show was a bad idea. I've said it from day one, GNR isn't a good band for these metal shows. They absolutely do not fit in. I was afraid something like this would happen. Now that this show's outta the way, we just gotta worry about those Parisians starting a riot...
1) First part: I agree, GNR is absolutely not made for Metal shows/festivals. I knew it was a bad idea from the begining. GNR and Metal festivals? WTF? nah... it doesn't fit.
2) Second part: Why do you say there will be a riot in Paris? Huh? I live in paris, and people are happy the band comes in France, they are welcome! If they don't start too late, they will have a gread crowd I think. Watch the Paris '92 show, it's one of the Top 5 GNR gig ever, the crowd was on fire and everybody was very happy  Cool
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 03:47:45 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #590 on: June 12, 2006, 04:23:27 AM »

Turning up early? Hostile crowd? Axl throwing tantrums? Fuck ups and a bit of spontaneity? Post-gig riots? IzzyStradlin'? Marvellous, that's more like it  ok

We don't want shows with fans sucking up to Axl and his tedious rendition of Knockin' on Heaven's Door and facsimile setlists. Let's hope this is the start of greater things.
UK_Gunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #591 on: June 12, 2006, 04:46:11 AM »

The general opinion from around my area was that Axl handled the situations like a model professional. When they went off stage there was the odd bottle, Slash chant but these were drowned out by the Guns N' Roses chants. Axl was obviously pissed at his roadies/sound crew but he was turning his anger into jokes to the audience for example he slipped on some liquid and said "Richard get someone out here to clear this up. You know me I don't have to slip onto some water to fuck a song up" and "I see you stopped doing your job(soundboard guy), maybe I should stop fucking doing mine" but it is important to say that he was laughing as he said this. The band left for technical difficulties but almost immediatley Bumblefoot played his solo. Then they left again for about 4-5 minutes and there was a small amount of unrest but nothing major compared to whats beeing said on this forum.

It kicked off when someone through a bottle at Tommy. Tommy through his bass down and it clumped the camera man and he looked in a lot of pain. Axl went back and immediatley bought Tommy back and had his arm round him. Tommy took the mic and apologised to the camerman saying "i'm so sorry I didn't mean to hit you but I'm not up here to be a target for a flying piss bottle. I'm here to play a rock show and if you don't have fun, I'm going home'. Axl applauded that and later turned it into another joke when the same camerman got hit by a bottle saying 'My god Mr Camerman. You are not having a good night are you'. The camerman seemed to take this quite lightly and all was well.

Izzy was awesome. He played on several songs and jammed Smoke on the Water, to Axls amusement before I playing 'I Was Only Joking' and then going into Patience (I'm positive it was I Was Only Joking. Massive Izzy chants where I was.

Just when I thought we weren't going to see many new songs. They played Chinese Demiocracy and I.R.S. After I.R.S, Axl said to Tommy "Y'know, we should really record that so that people can like, download it". Tommy replied saying "I think with modern technology, thats possible. Maybe its something to consider".

They absoloutley owned Nightrain, PC, CD and My Michelle in the latter stages. Madagascar was taken well. The people who I spoke to loved it and seemed impressed. I'd say it was an amazing show for GN'R to get over the obstacles.

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Live and Let Die
Knockin'On Heavens Door
Robin Solo
Sweet Child O'Mine (Band leave)
Ron Thal Solo (Don't Cry)
You Could Be Mine (Ax Leaves)
Richard Fortus and Robin Finck Solo (Beautiful)
Better
Blues Jam
The Blues
Out Ta Get Me
Think About You (w/Izzy)
November Rain
My Michelle (w/ Bach)
Patience (w/ Izzy)
Nightrain (w/ Izzy)
Madagascar
Rocket Queen
I.R.S
Chinese Democracy
Used To Love Her (w/ Izzy)
Robin Finck Solo
Paradise City (w/ Izzy)

Edit: What I thought was 'I Was Only Joking' was the intro to Used to Love Her
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 04:59:18 AM by UK_Gunner » Logged
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #592 on: June 12, 2006, 05:18:31 AM »

NME:

Guns'n 'Roses in shock Download reunion
Axl and Izzy put their differences behind them at Donington
Guns'n'Roses' singer Axl Rose was reunited with estranged guitarist Izzy Stradlin as Download drew to a close tonight (June 11).

And heavy metal's legends of Sunset Strip closed the Donington festival in a typically chaotic style.

Midway through the set, Rose introduced original member Stradlin for three songs, 'Patience', 'Night Train' and 'I Used To Love Her'.

It was only Stradlin's second show back with the band in over a decade, following a shock appearance in New York last month.

But that was not the only surprise instore; for 'My Michelle', the band were joined by former Skid Row[/a[ singer Sebastian Bach. [a]Guns'n'Roses took the stage half an hour early, but Rose easily made up the time in a series of sensational walk-offs.

After slipping over during 'Sweet Child O'Mine', Rose annnounced that the band were experiencing "technical difficulties" and left the stage for five minutes while a guitarist played an instrumental version of 'Don't Cry'.

The singer had already abandoned the show once before, leaving the crowd with an instrumental version of Christina Aguilera's hit 'Beautiful'. And he threatened to leave the stage after 'Better' if the crowd persisted in throwing bottles.

However, they did get to air 'new' songs 'Better', 'The Blues', 'IRS' and 'Madagascar'.

Perhaps referencing this weekend's Nokia Isle Of Wight festival, Rose dubbed the site "the Isle Of Wrong" before 'Sweet Child O'Mine'.

Guns'n'Roses played:

'Welcome To The jungle'
'It's So Easy'
'Mr Brownstone'
'Live and Let Die'
'Knockin'On Heaven's Door'
'Sweet Child O' Mine'
'You Could Be Mine'
'Beautiful' (instrumental)
'Better'
'Out To Get Me'
'The Blues'
'November Rain'
'My Michelle' (with Sebastian Bach)
'Patience' (with Izzy Stradlin)
'Night Train' (with Izzy Stradlin)
'Madagascar'
'Rocket Queen'
'IRS'
'I Used To Love Her' (with Izzy Stradlin)
'Paradise City' (with Izzy Stradlin)

( http://www.bloggen.be/gnrblog/ )

Like peeing clouds!
Death Cube K
« Reply #593 on: June 12, 2006, 05:44:59 AM »

And he threatened to leave the stage after 'Better' if the crowd persisted in throwing bottles.

So if anyone from besides Axl walks off, it's still Axl leaving  ok

Actually, this show had quite some drama in it and I think they proved themselves very very well. Tommy being pissed, not a bad thing. Robin doing the same earlier. These guys are serious in what they do.

No, this is turning into a classic gig
darkmonth
« Reply #594 on: June 12, 2006, 05:59:30 AM »

I was there ... you'll know I've slagged this band in many ways .. .tho I still think I have been fair ... I thought the gig was incredible... the tossers who threw bottles were doing it everywhere ... I got hit countless times... and instead of throwing back, I just turned around and my girlfriend and me ended up in an argument with some twats ... anyways ... after Better, the crowds behind us boo'd... but that was becauyse they were there to throw shit /.... the main bulk of the crowd was energetic and excited.  Axl and his guys put on a phenomenal set.  And yes, I have to say, Axls voice was on TOP form.  All of the group (7 of us) that I took with me (I paid!), agreed that this was Axl's best vocal performance in a decade and a half ...

Robin still erks me ... his playing style just does nothing for me ... Every time Richard rocked out solos etc, he sounded coherent, stylish, great tone, good skill and most of all, very GnR... Robin is the weak link for me ... tho he wasn't awful, I'll say that.  Ron Thal...?  No offence... no need for him.  He was good ... but nothing amazing.  His shred skills are easily matched by Richard.

The crowds LOVED the classics from AFD, and the UYI songs that came on, especially a beatifully performed November Rain, were mesmerising.  The first new song to be played, Better, was boo'd ... but moreso because of Tommy throwing a bottle and the crowd being riled up about them in general... because the performance kicked ass.  Subsequent 'new' song performances were actually greeted with cheers and claps ...

Axl didn't complain ONCE about anything to the crowd... Tommy was the one who threatened to leave, while Axl just had his arms crossed.  If you ask me, Tommy shouldn't have just threatened to leave, he should have jumped in and beat the fuck out of the loser who hit him....

Near the end Axl said "I don't wanna go home .... can't say I meant that an hour ago" and the crowd were happy he was happy.

Overall, probably the best gig I've ever seen.  No technicall issues ... the tiiiiniest vocal mic mix issues for about 10 seconds but after that, the sound was supreme... tho, as with any large stadium gig, that will depend where you are.  We had a majorly awesome view, close enough, and clear sound and vision the whole way. 

Axl was on top form... the band were on top form.  They cut some of the vegasy style shit I'd complained about.... it seemed more raw... was ace.

I am NOT going to say they are better than the old band ... I still love the old band more ... BUT ... they stand as a great band in their own right, and let's hope Chinese is released soon Smiley

xoxo
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #595 on: June 12, 2006, 06:35:41 AM »

i wonder if this will up date  Smiley

the cam is still working. The stage is coming down.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #596 on: June 12, 2006, 06:53:49 AM »

i dig how izzy just goes were the music is.
he was playing with VR a year ago and now he's havin fun with axl.
and i'm sure we'll see hima round during VR tour this summer

i mean, i dont think izzy cares about clans and wars. he justs plays.

CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #597 on: June 12, 2006, 07:02:01 AM »

I was there ... you'll know I've slagged this band in many ways .. .tho I still think I have been fair ... I thought the gig was incredible... the tossers who threw bottles were doing it everywhere ... I got hit countless times... and instead of throwing back, I just turned around and my girlfriend and me ended up in an argument with some twats ... anyways ... after Better, the crowds behind us boo'd... but that was becauyse they were there to throw shit /.... the main bulk of the crowd was energetic and excited.? Axl and his guys put on a phenomenal set.? And yes, I have to say, Axls voice was on TOP form.? All of the group (7 of us) that I took with me (I paid!), agreed that this was Axl's best vocal performance in a decade and a half ...

Robin still erks me ... his playing style just does nothing for me ... Every time Richard rocked out solos etc, he sounded coherent, stylish, great tone, good skill and most of all, very GnR... Robin is the weak link for me ... tho he wasn't awful, I'll say that.? Ron Thal...?? No offence... no need for him.? He was good ... but nothing amazing.? His shred skills are easily matched by Richard.

The crowds LOVED the classics from AFD, and the UYI songs that came on, especially a beatifully performed November Rain, were mesmerising.? The first new song to be played, Better, was boo'd ... but moreso because of Tommy throwing a bottle and the crowd being riled up about them in general... because the performance kicked ass.? Subsequent 'new' song performances were actually greeted with cheers and claps ...

Axl didn't complain ONCE about anything to the crowd... Tommy was the one who threatened to leave, while Axl just had his arms crossed.? If you ask me, Tommy shouldn't have just threatened to leave, he should have jumped in and beat the fuck out of the loser who hit him....

Near the end Axl said "I don't wanna go home .... can't say I meant that an hour ago" and the crowd were happy he was happy.

Overall, probably the best gig I've ever seen.? No technicall issues ... the tiiiiniest vocal mic mix issues for about 10 seconds but after that, the sound was supreme... tho, as with any large stadium gig, that will depend where you are.? We had a majorly awesome view, close enough, and clear sound and vision the whole way.?

Axl was on top form... the band were on top form.? They cut some of the vegasy style shit I'd complained about.... it seemed more raw... was ace.

I am NOT going to say they are better than the old band ... I still love the old band more ... BUT ... they stand as a great band in their own right, and let's hope Chinese is released soon Smiley

xoxo

after slagging the new band in unjust and absurd ways, this "review" of yours means nothing.

edit: i still can't believe that izzy was actually on stage and that they played "used to love her"! Shocked drool
unreal times, if i'm dreaming, never wake me up! peace good times to be a gnr fan! beer
darkmonth
« Reply #598 on: June 12, 2006, 07:09:12 AM »

Dude ... chill out ... it's not a 'review' ... it's just me saying what I think. Nothing official.  And read what I said you cockwit... I stand by my argument that Robin is the weak link.  I stand by that!   So what if I think Axl played an amazing gig ... ?  How is that meaningless?  Are you telling me that I should, just because you say so, slag Axl off when I don't think in this case he deserves it?

My fucking God, wake up and don't be so narrow minded!  If your friends tell you that you sucked at playing a game on Mario Brothers, and then the next time you played well, and they told you you did play well, would you tell them to fuck off because it means nothing?

Don't be such a twat.  And shut up, because your opinion means nothing either.

My opinion is based on what I see when I see it, not some pre-defined ideal about what I 'should' think like people like you!
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #599 on: June 12, 2006, 07:11:07 AM »

It takes a brave man to accept he has been wrong... Despite anything else I take twisted's post as a massive positive.....

Keep em under your wheels.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: