Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 09:57:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Download Festival - June 11th
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download Festival - June 11th  (Read 107674 times)
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #540 on: June 11, 2006, 11:11:28 PM »

wow,what can i say ? ? ? ? just got home from donnington and am sunburnt to hell and back.been awake 24 hours only one day after being awake for about 37 hours total for the dublin gig.not really worth givin a review as everythings been said before in this thread.all i will say is that was one amazin fuckin show!!!!!!!!! a mix of everything.i watched poeple booin when all the shit went on in the beginning but i also saw the same poeple dancin,headbanging,chantin for more songs and even gettin out their lighters for the slow songs.ok so it got off to a good start and went a bit sour,but im certain that made this show the best iv seen so far.i said to my bro on the way to the show that i hoped they play Rocket Queen and Chinese Democracy and they fukin did ?yes .Axl really proved how much he wants this new band to succeed by pulling the whole show together and really kickin fukin arse. ?ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
ILoveGNRandPhysics
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #541 on: June 11, 2006, 11:27:32 PM »

Anyone read the cover story of metalsludge? I know 99.999% of metalsludge is bullshit, so I hope this is too: http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1328&Itemid=42

Angry

No trees were killed in the making of this post; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
jonnybgoode82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #542 on: June 11, 2006, 11:30:31 PM »

The guy quoted was listening to updates on the hyperbole that is Kerrang radio. Read the reviews on here. The bottle throwing was true but it's not like the entire band got drenched or something ridiculous like that.
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #543 on: June 11, 2006, 11:33:14 PM »

Now, the man I did have doubts about, Bumblefoot, completely blew me away - really held the whole thing together and he's really found his stage presence.

Thats awesome to hear!

Hurray for Ron!

Also great review.
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #544 on: June 11, 2006, 11:41:32 PM »

FANTASTIC....This was a great concert...It had some really really lows and some really really Highs..
Most of the 1st half of the concert had some techinical difficulties (Sound). Then at one song Axl slipped (Almost fell down) and he gave the middle finger to a roadie. After the song he stopped the concert and the whole group went backstage...The roadies came back to fix the floor or something...At one song maybe YCBM Axl didn't finish the song and the band had to sing to finish it....
Then at another song Tommy threw down his bass and left the show....That happened cause he received a fucking piss bottle...

At these points you could hear mixed audience responses with some booing and bootles on stage...

As i was dissapointed Suddenly MAGIC Happened...Izzy came out...From this point onwards the concert was great. No sound problems, no booing, Axl in great mood singing the songs and generally awesome performance...
Izzy played for like 5-6 songs (Think about you,Patience,Nightrain,Used To Love Her, Paradise City)...Izzy looked very happy...
Sebastian bach did the usual my michelle too...
Not only the above they fucking played 5 new songs (Bettter,Blues,Madagascar,IRS,Chinese Democracy)

Izzy seemed to enjoy it and he even introduced Used to Love her...He was interacting not only with axl but with other bandmembers too ( like tommy)...He seemed to be part of the band , like he never left...At the end he saluted the crowd as part of the band...Even Axl chanted Izzy,Izzy,Izzy and the crowd followed chanting his name too.

The crowd and the group were very very happy and i really believe that it was the best show of the new GNR..A lot of variety,incidents and the longest Show/Setlist so far....+ fucking IZZY ...

I am prety sure this could be the best show of this summer tour...

Check this out ?Smiley

Used to Love Her (with Izzy) - Video (WMV)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5vj9h1

fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #545 on: June 11, 2006, 11:47:44 PM »

Great review man.

I think it may be the best yet because it literally had everything besides a riot.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #546 on: June 11, 2006, 11:50:19 PM »

thanks so much for the review and the VIDEO!!! 
 beer beer beer

FANTASTIC....This was a great concert...It had some really really lows and some really really Highs..
Most of the 1st half of the concert had some techinical difficulties (Sound). Then at one song Axl slipped (Almost fell down) and he gave the middle finger to a roadie. After the song he stopped the concert and the whole group went backstage...The roadies came back to fix the floor or something...At one song maybe YCBM Axl didn't finish the song and the band had to sing to finish it....
Then at another song Tommy threw down his bass and left the show....That happened cause he received a fucking piss bottle...

At these points you could hear mixed audience responses with some booing and bootles on stage...

As i was dissapointed Suddenly MAGIC Happened...Izzy came out...From this point onwards the concert was great. No sound problems, no booing, Axl in great mood singing the songs and generally awesome performance...
Izzy played for like 5-6 songs (Think about you,Patience,Nightrain,Used To Love Her, Paradise City)...Izzy looked very happy...
Not only the above they fucking played 5 new songs (Bettter,Blues,Madagascar,IRS,Chinese Democracy)

Izzy seemed to enjoy it and he even introduced Used to Love her...He was interacting not only with axl but with other bandmembers too ( like tommy)...He seemed to be part of the band , like he never left...At the end he saluted the crowd as part of the band...Even Axl chanted Izzy,Izzy,Izzy and the crowd followed chanting his name too.

The crowd and the group were very very happy and i really believe that it was the best show of the new GNR..A lot of variety,incidents and the longest Show/Setlist so far....+ fucking IZZY ...

Check this out  Smiley

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #547 on: June 11, 2006, 11:58:47 PM »

WOW!  Great vid...thanks man Grin

Izzy looks 10x more relaxed there then he did at the Hammerstein.  I thought he was gonna up and run that night  hihi

Looking fuckin awesome, through all the bullshit and problems  peace

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #548 on: June 12, 2006, 12:04:36 AM »

Fuck yeah man - thanks for the review! Sounds like Izzy really loved being there. Its mad to see Axl and Iz have seemingly repaired their friendship. Theyre like brothers.
estranged.1098
« Reply #549 on: June 12, 2006, 12:14:10 AM »

Check this out  Smiley

Thank you so much for that vid - it rocks!   ok

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #550 on: June 12, 2006, 12:16:53 AM »

This video pisses me off.

Cause If someone has this that means they have the ENTIRE concert.

Why post one song?

lets get it all!!!!!!!!

Thanks for this video though it kicks ass, Now though I wanna see the whole F'in show! peace

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #551 on: June 12, 2006, 12:20:19 AM »

Maybe this particular person only recorded this one song.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
SkinnyPuppy
Rocker

What, me Worry ?

« Reply #552 on: June 12, 2006, 12:22:30 AM »

Saying Robin and Richard are "soulless" guitarists throws any credibility you might have out the window.

Nope it doesn't. They are great guitarists don't get me wrong but they lack their own signature (that dreaded X-factor that people love) to warrant the amount of guitar solos and noodling around that went on. Their solo spots are just 'meh', there's nothing that really made me say 'wow that was brilliant' or anything about their solo spots that is memorable apart from that they play a Christina Aguilera tune.

However Robin Finck has really found his feet on a big stage - he covered nearly every inch of it - he really looks comfortable up there.

Now, the man I did have doubts about, Bumblefoot, completely blew me away - really held the whole thing together and he's really found his stage presence.
good post dude.......it had 2 be said

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory, glory lasts forever. (falco)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #553 on: June 12, 2006, 12:24:25 AM »

Haha... This european tour isn't going to well for the guys.

Half of the show is a mess and suddenly the whole European tour isn't going well?

The fact that there's been very little positive reviews about any of the gigs also comes into play.

Quite a selective memory you have there, my friend.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #554 on: June 12, 2006, 12:26:41 AM »

The video is amazing are there any more?
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #555 on: June 12, 2006, 12:28:36 AM »

Half of the show is a mess and suddenly the whole European tour isn't going well?

The fact that there's been very little positive reviews about any of the gigs also comes into play.

Quite a selective memory you have there, my friend.

hihi

After 531 posts about the same thing, he should understand that we get it: He doesn't like the band.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #556 on: June 12, 2006, 12:35:45 AM »

This video pisses me off.

Cause If someone has this that means they have the ENTIRE concert.

Why post one song?

lets get it all!!!!!!!!

The concert just ended a few hours ago, don't get greedy.

Files take time to upload.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #557 on: June 12, 2006, 12:37:01 AM »

Sorry, just anxious to see a high quality video like this! ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #558 on: June 12, 2006, 12:41:47 AM »

Man I really don't like you and I don't even know of you.

Who cares about reviews honestly?

Its the fans reviews that matter not some so called expert / critic.

Get a life and get lost.

Fuck All Y'all
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #559 on: June 12, 2006, 12:43:30 AM »

Check this out ?Smiley

The band really fucked it up.

But Axl's voice = ?beer
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: