Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 04:26:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June  (Read 159621 times)
anythinggoes
« Reply #1000 on: June 08, 2006, 12:50:13 PM »

Just read the review if the London Evening Standard, it was awful! They gave it 1 out of 5 stars, said "Axl Rose looked like a Stars in their Eyes Mick Hucknall!"
he described the guitarists at potholers, who were not worthy of tuning Slash's guitars! He said he lost the will to live after Fortus's solo! And finished off by saying that this once great band had surrended everything which was once good about them!!

fuck em we was there we all know different it dont matter
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1001 on: June 08, 2006, 12:52:38 PM »

during Madagascar do they still play the same film footage they played in 2002
Elrothiel
« Reply #1002 on: June 08, 2006, 12:53:01 PM »

well i missed you last night will try and catch you on friday the only person i saw but didnt get a chance to say hello to was skynardgirl her boyfriend looked bit to big and nasty foer my liking rofl hihi Grin
Dude!!! You shoulda come said hi!! My BF is a really friendly guy!! Not scary at all!! Only reason I didn't say hi to YOU was because I umm.... forgot what you looked like.... I saw a guy walk past me in the line with rather big sprayed blond hair... who I THINK is on here, and now that I think about it... it mighta been you! hihi Aaargh why didn't you say hi!!

nah i was in the queue at the time bout 7ish outside duke of cornwall you were walking up to the end of the queue sorry

Oh yea!! There was a guy who kept yelling out "AXL!" at my BF cuz he's got long red hair... hihi That wasn't you was it? hihi And in the queue, there was one guy who popped his head outta the apartment window above the Carphone Warehouse, yelled "AXL!" and took a pic of my BF... rofl
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1003 on: June 08, 2006, 12:55:35 PM »

during Madagascar do they still play the same film footage they played in 2002

yeah i'm fairly sure it was, had martin luther king and some car crashes just as i remember.
a bit disapointed they didn't use the same start footage as docklands 2002.
and i was confused that they didn't play 'chinese democracy'. that's a song i thought they'd do before 'parasdise city' on the encore.

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
anythinggoes
« Reply #1004 on: June 08, 2006, 12:57:32 PM »

well i missed you last night will try and catch you on friday the only person i saw but didnt get a chance to say hello to was skynardgirl her boyfriend looked bit to big and nasty foer my liking rofl hihi Grin
Dude!!! You shoulda come said hi!! My BF is a really friendly guy!! Not scary at all!! Only reason I didn't say hi to YOU was because I umm.... forgot what you looked like.... I saw a guy walk past me in the line with rather big sprayed blond hair... who I THINK is on here, and now that I think about it... it mighta been you! hihi Aaargh why didn't you say hi!!

nah i was in the queue at the time bout 7ish outside duke of cornwall you were walking up to the end of the queue sorry

Oh yea!! There was a guy who kept yelling out "AXL!" at my BF cuz he's got long red hair... hihi That wasn't you was it? hihi And in the queue, there was one guy who popped his head outta the apartment window above the Carphone Warehouse, yelled "AXL!" and took a pic of my BF... rofl

not guilty but i heard that guy he was a bit further up i did chuckle to myself
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #1005 on: June 08, 2006, 01:02:44 PM »

some guy came up to me and my pal and said 'do u know where you are' he was on the weed or something

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Elrothiel
« Reply #1006 on: June 08, 2006, 01:04:08 PM »

To AnythingGoes: It wasn't the guy in the blue superman tshirt was it?
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1007 on: June 08, 2006, 01:16:48 PM »

to which you replied.......TIME TO DIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! hihi

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #1008 on: June 08, 2006, 01:21:46 PM »

well i had an interesting night, i thought the show was brillient but what happened after i think has kind of ruined the show itself.  Due to axl being late (as usual) i missed the last train home and got stranded in london, im now posting this a good day and a half into having very very little sleep.  I now know what its like to be a homeless man in london (well not really but still) i actually slept in a doorway while waiting for liverpool street to open

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #1009 on: June 08, 2006, 01:22:38 PM »

Awesome show.

As good, if not better than Guns at Wembley Stadium in 1991.

Yes, I was a bit hacked off about the late finish, but it made for an interesting evening in the centre of London.

I'm still not convinced by Robin. His solos on some of the slower tracks were awful; I winced 3 times during 'November Rain'. Ron and Richard nailed theirs beautifully. Robin is awesome on the heavier tracks though, his dual solo with Ron on 'Nightrain' was one of many, many highlights.

Great night, great band, great show. And long may it continue. ok

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #1010 on: June 08, 2006, 01:31:13 PM »

well i had an interesting night, i thought the show was brillient but what happened after i think has kind of ruined the show itself.? Due to axl being late (as usual) i missed the last train home and got stranded in london, im now posting this a good day and a half into having very very little sleep.? I now know what its like to be a homeless man in london (well not really but still) i actually slept in a doorway while waiting for liverpool street to open

man, thats something to be proud of.

sorry if its already been noted, but on sky news showbiz section ("accessed via pressing the red button") there is a bit of footage and coverage of the show last night.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1011 on: June 08, 2006, 01:32:23 PM »

Wasn't Better played before Madagascar?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1012 on: June 08, 2006, 01:32:33 PM »

Awesome show.

As good, if not better than Guns at Wembley Stadium in 1991.

Yes, I was a bit hacked off about the late finish, but it made for an interesting evening in the centre of London.

I'm still not convinced by Robin. His solos on some of the slower tracks were awful; I winced 3 times during 'November Rain'. Ron and Richard nailed theirs beautifully. Robin is awesome on the heavier tracks though, his dual solo with Ron on 'Nightrain' was one of many, many highlights.

Great night, great band, great show. And long may it continue. ok

Im glad Im not the only one who notices Robin still struggling with his November Rain solo.

When I saw Gn'R May 12th, I was shocked when Richard stepped up to the plate and totally owned the first solo since originally in 2002, Robin played both the first and second solos.

He just sounded so bloody natural and precise, and then when Robin went to begin the second solo, almost immediately it sounds so forced and sub-par to put it nicely.... Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #1013 on: June 08, 2006, 01:34:52 PM »

Nope, 'Madagascar' was the first of the newies. Wink

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
anythinggoes
« Reply #1014 on: June 08, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »

Sorry skynard girl i was postin i this site at the time and didnt see who it was just heard him thats all
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1015 on: June 08, 2006, 01:38:32 PM »

Nope, 'Madagascar' was the first of the newies. Wink

:s

I saw the setlist and I told the guy Better was played first... Weird, I keep thinking Better was played before Madagascar!!
sweetwater
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1016 on: June 08, 2006, 01:39:20 PM »

Let's get a few things straight.
I love Gn'R and last night was the first time I felt ready to go and see them since the break up. What a mixed bag it was!
Firstly - the waiting around for 2 hours for them to come on stage is just tedious now - when they were at the height of their powers it kind of went with the territory of being the Most Dangerous Band in The World - you're 44 now Axl, clean and sober so no excuses for showing your fans the disrespect of rolling on stage at 2305. Boring!
Opener Welcome to the Jungle rocked and was an exhilerating start. It's so Easy was ok but I heard it done better by f*cking Kid Rock at Brixton a few years ago! And Slash and Co. in VR still play it better than these hired hands. Mr Brownstone was unforgivably poor - mushy sound, lack lustre energy to a GREAT GREAT song. Again VR play this song like their life depends on it and sounds a trillion times better. Live and Let Die was quite fun in a 'sing-along at karaoke' type way.
And then came the first of the tuneless, shred solos - utterly pitiful and as if waiting 2 hours wasn't bad enough we had these interminable intervals of mutual cock stroking that lost any momentum the show was gathering.
The new songs (especially Madagascar) were truly impressive. I'd not heard them before so to hear songs in a live setting for the first time and enjoy them is great credit to Axl.
Axl's voice sounded better than ever - at times truly jaw-dropping. Although he sounds out of tune for most of Knockin' on Heaven Door.
As for the rest of the band. The drummer was a non-entity with headphones on (was he listening to a CD of summat better? 
And why oh why do we need to have 2 keyboards and 3 guitars to play songs like NightTrain, Paradise City, Out Ta Get Me etc etc???
Oh yeah - Sweet Child O' Mine was fabulous - they really wrung the neck out of that one. You could be Mine was also brilliant and sounded superb.
Novemer Rain was destroyed by Richard Fortus.
Ironic really that it takes high wired Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach to come on and wip the sleepy Hammersmith crowd into a frenzy. The duet on My Michelle was good value and deliriously exciting.
So, how did this compare to VR gigs? Well - VR have a far weaker song base but their gigs are pure rock n roll. I'm afraid that for all the technical virtuosity these new boys can't hold a candle to Slash and Izzy. Or Gilby for that matter.
Time will tell if GnR (or 'The Axl Rose Show) can grow into a something better and if a new album does surface it could well ignite new interest. Untill then I'll save my pennies for the next VR tour.

08/10/87 Hammersmith Odeon
31/08/91 Wembley Stadium
13/06/92 Wembley Stadium
02/09/04 Hammersmith Apollo (VR)
23/01/05 Hammersmith Apollo (VR)
07/06/05 Hammermsith Apollo
unoturbo
The Little engineer that could
VIP

With 5 million I could do what You spend 50mil on

« Reply #1017 on: June 08, 2006, 01:45:18 PM »

Did anyone see the tramp outside the venue? People were offloading their beer to him as they went in and he must have had at least 20 cans of unopenned beer around him. He was already drunk as fuck and happy as hell!

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
Elrothiel
« Reply #1018 on: June 08, 2006, 01:47:04 PM »

Today the first thing I did before posting on anywhere was to message Bumblefoot on his MySpace and leave a nice comments, ask if he likes London, say what a good time I had, and of course... ask politely if he knew the reason for the lateness last night.

He said he didn't know, but he said he felt terrible about everyone having to wait in the hot room all that time, but that he really hoped the show made up for it! And that he hopes we all come to the next gig, to which I replied "Damn straight if I can get together enough moolah!"

What a nice friendly guy!

Did anyone see the tramp outside the venue? People were offloading their beer to him as they went in and he must have had at least 20 cans of unopenned beer around him. He was already drunk as fuck and happy as hell!

YES I SAW HIM!! Someone who was right next to me in the line yelled to him "Nice hat!" as he walked past, cuz seriously, that was a hilarious hat he was wearing!
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1019 on: June 08, 2006, 01:59:13 PM »

to the fella slagging off the concert just above, how the hell can you slag richrd fortus work at the gig, either solo, or in november rain. you musn't listen to the track much, coz he absolutely nailed it. better than slash ever played it live i may add ( im slash's biggest fan by the way but he was sloppy live at times due to running around, bit like fink.....) ok

i have to agree, i thought robins solo was.............a stumbling block, he's just not that type of guitarist, he's good but, doesn't have a style that suits him having a slot to himself.

rons solo was excellent in technical sense and muscial, something happened toward the end though, he just kinda stopped, i think he broke a string?

Richards solo, was absolutely amazing, i had no midea how good he was, amazing.

so lay off man, richard was great, the gig was great, the band nailed everything.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: