Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 04:22:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June  (Read 159607 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #980 on: June 08, 2006, 10:53:52 AM »

lol at COma

freedom of speach and all

A wise man once said:

Just because you can say any little thing that pops into your head...

....doesn't mean you should.

Smiley? Grin

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #981 on: June 08, 2006, 11:01:56 AM »

each to there own

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #982 on: June 08, 2006, 11:02:58 AM »

I think it's amazing that people who didn't see this show come into the thread to unecessarily harass those who went and enjoyed it.

If I weren't so curious for news about the band, I would stop coming to this board altogether. Every time I read one of these topics I regret it. If you're so unhappy about the state of the band, why are you here? If I stop liking a band, I sure as hell don't hang out on their message board. I don't mean this as a rhetorical question - I'm genuinely curious - are your lives so pathetically empty that you have nothing better to do that hang out and pointlessly criticize a rock band? It's only entertainment people.
rubinone
Opening Act

Urban Jungle

« Reply #983 on: June 08, 2006, 11:08:05 AM »

Looking forward to go to Warsaw next week from Sweden to watch GNR (jackpot for my girlfirend when she heard that Sebastian Bach will the opening act). Two weeks after that I'll see them again at Roskilde.

From what I've seen and heard so far it's gonna be fuckin awesome!!!
Hatts
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #984 on: June 08, 2006, 11:13:32 AM »

So hey did axl say anything funny or anything?

Hatts

"If I thought that I was crazy well i guess i'd have more fun."
stan1ey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #985 on: June 08, 2006, 11:20:14 AM »

OK, I know it's a phone clip, but the sound isn't too bad and there's a great close-up.

Will upload the others shortly.

Out ta Get Me 51'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrRIr-Ih3r4

Sweet Child 48'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9OahOInln8
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #986 on: June 08, 2006, 11:20:51 AM »

Either accept it or go back and play your Ritz 88 bootleg for the millionth time
If I want to listen to AFD songs, be sure that I'll rather listen to the original album than a re-recorded version. Same for the bootlegs : rather '80s and '90s bootlegs with the guys who wrote the songs than Hammersmith 2006.

That's common sense, and good taste.

I'll download it !
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #987 on: June 08, 2006, 11:22:03 AM »

So hey did axl say anything funny or anything?
Hatts

yeah, when he was just doin the intro to jungle, he told the roadies to 'clean this shit up' (beer people were throwing on the stage)

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #988 on: June 08, 2006, 11:23:54 AM »

Certain people in this thread need to take their crying into private messages. Seems like it's certain people with a history of this crap... this thread should be about the show. If you weren't there or you're just here to argue, stop wasting people's time.
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #989 on: June 08, 2006, 11:24:31 AM »

Either accept it or go back and play your Ritz 88 bootleg for the millionth time
If I want to listen to AFD songs, be sure that I'll rather listen to the original album than a re-recorded version. Same for the bootlegs : rather '80s and '90s bootlegs with the guys who wrote the songs than Hammersmith 2006.

Thats the beautiful thing.  You have a choice.  I hapepn to prefer the way these guys play some of the older stuff, in some instances.  No one is forcing you to listen to Nightrain played by Finck, Fortus, Thal, & Stinson.  See what I mean?

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #990 on: June 08, 2006, 11:32:32 AM »

Thats the beautiful thing.  You have a choice.  I hapepn to prefer the way these guys play some of the older stuff, in some instances.  No one is forcing you to listen to Nightrain played by Finck, Fortus, Thal, & Stinson.  See what I mean?

-darknemus

precisely.   And the fact of the matter is Finck, Fortus, Stinson, et al want to be here for us playing these songs.  The guys 'Slashead' keeps talking about do not.   Maybe he should find a Velvet Revolver board or somethin  smoking
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #991 on: June 08, 2006, 12:11:33 PM »

i travelled form Scotland for the gig, just back just now.

opinions:

i think axl is playing a dangerous game, he's been given a few shots art stardom, (i believe this will be his last) and in my mind he should do all he can to not fuck up, though seems hell bent on doing so, this is 2006, and other folks (non die hards) won't put up with that shit. i saw people leave before gnr started and also before they finished...

i was talking to a guy who was in contact with gnr's press officer at the gig, and at 10.00, he did not know what the hell was going on, and to be honest, seemed a bit frantic. also i thought fortus and stinson looked so pissed off that they went on so late, but after a few songs regained a smile or two

having said that, i thought the band were amazing when they came on, fuckin great. only one flaw (minor) is that they fuck about between songs quite a bit.

it was an amzing night, gnr were awesome, but axl has to quit this shit, because he'll just alienate the fans and his band members

dave

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #992 on: June 08, 2006, 12:17:24 PM »

I was about 2 thirds of the way back, just behind the.. punching circle that was the pit.

Easily the best show I've ever been to, it was intense, the band was tight, Axl was on top form, great lighting/pyros, excellent sound mix I could hear everything.

The band were all over the place, Robin running off the drum riser was pretty awesome.

And madagascar was amazing.
whoareyou
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #993 on: June 08, 2006, 12:26:01 PM »

Just a quick note, dont mean to repeat what most people have said but a fantastic gig, only slightly spoilt by the messing around before hand. I could see BumbleFoot side of stage looking very annoyed/embarassed by the late start. Once it got going an amazing gig, however with some awful solos which slowed things down to much. Luckily i drove and was able to stay to the end, even though i had to be up at 4.30am this morning! It was sad to see so many young kids, either have to leave early and miss a great finish, or get stuck in hammersmith! the booing was understandable, but i was surprised to hear so many do it and continue for the whole gig. Moved to the back near the mixing and was interesting to hear Axl talk to them via a radio!!
Was cool to hear Axl call it "the legendary Hammersmith Odeon" and mention Motorheads album "no sleep till Hammersmith and you wont be sleeping tonight"!
Overall very impressed by Axl, not so much by the guitarists i must admit, a fantastic light/firework show and very happy to see a full setlist despite the curfew!
But i cant help feeling Axl needs to pull his socks up to keep some of these fans after hearing them last night!
Thanks to a board memeber for helping me get to see the show to, cheers

Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #994 on: June 08, 2006, 12:38:33 PM »

just a bit of a favor, has anyone got a high quality scan of the GN'R leaflet that was being handed out before the gig?
i want to frame the plectrums i got with my ticket and have that as a background!? beer
cheers!

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #995 on: June 08, 2006, 12:40:02 PM »

I've still got one, but it got really creased during the gig. If noone else has a better one, I'll scan mine for you.
Elrothiel
« Reply #996 on: June 08, 2006, 12:42:20 PM »

I've still got one too... its folded though.. I'll scan it when I get home from my BF's... Tongue

I'll so be sticking my tickets on my wall!! yes
whoareyou
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #997 on: June 08, 2006, 12:44:43 PM »

Just read the review if the London Evening Standard, it was awful! They gave it 1 out of 5 stars, said "Axl Rose looked like a Stars in their Eyes Mick Hucknall!"
he described the guitarists at potholers, who were not worthy of tuning Slash's guitars! He said he lost the will to live after Fortus's solo! And finished off by saying that this once great band had surrended everything which was once good about them!!
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #998 on: June 08, 2006, 12:46:10 PM »

I've still got one too... its folded though.. I'll scan it when I get home from my BF's... Tongue

I'll so be sticking my tickets on my wall!! yes

I've still got one, but it got really creased during the gig. If noone else has a better one, I'll scan mine for you.

thanks!
i never got one, was gonna pick one up from the floor but of course they'd cleaned up by the time the gig was finished,
god knows they had enough time too!!

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
anythinggoes
« Reply #999 on: June 08, 2006, 12:48:03 PM »

well i missed you last night will try and catch you on friday the only person i saw but didnt get a chance to say hello to was skynardgirl her boyfriend looked bit to big and nasty foer my liking rofl hihi Grin
Dude!!! You shoulda come said hi!! My BF is a really friendly guy!! Not scary at all!! Only reason I didn't say hi to YOU was because I umm.... forgot what you looked like.... I saw a guy walk past me in the line with rather big sprayed blond hair... who I THINK is on here, and now that I think about it... it mighta been you! hihi Aaargh why didn't you say hi!!

nah i was in the queue at the time bout 7ish outside duke of cornwall you were walking up to the end of the queue sorry

just a bit of a favor, has anyone got a high quality scan of the GN'R leaflet that was being handed out before the gig?
i want to frame the plectrums i got with my ticket and have that as a background! ?beer
cheers!

i think mine are in good nick will try later also got the recording disclaimer as well so ill do that
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: