Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:34:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June  (Read 159551 times)
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #960 on: June 08, 2006, 10:07:44 AM »

To me, and most of the rest of the audience, we were completely blown away by the show. That's the feeling that I was comparing.

You kids... With your feelings and subjective opinions.

Get some facts from the 'perfect rock concert'-book, read a few chapters, and then we'll talk.

You think you _know_ how you felt about last night's show? "Enjoyed the show"... Yeah right!  Roll Eyes

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #961 on: June 08, 2006, 10:08:22 AM »

There's a video of LALD which was recorded from the circle with fairly reasonable sound. Apparently the guy, from mygnr, is going to upload the rest on monday.
Shirell
« Reply #962 on: June 08, 2006, 10:08:52 AM »

GNR have ALWAYS been late. ?I think the one exception was the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert. ?It was a bastard that it was as late as it was but its GNR what else can you say. ?I know theres no other band I'd wait around that long for. ?I thought the band were fantastic last night. ?They were a BAND absolutely, no 'hired hands' there. ?I thought the onstage chemistry was brilliant. ?The crowd loved the show. ?The new songs got a great reception, stand out for me was 'Better' thought that was awesome. ?I've been a fan for 20 years and have been to gigs since they used to play the Troubadour in LA as the house band in '85, this 'version' of GNR is a lot more polished. ?I love Slash et al, but I think Robin is the dogs b****cks quite frankly. ?He rocks! ?So does Richard (I agree with one post that said he is under-utilised). ?Bumblefoot didn't really fit for me and I thought Robin could have easily played those parts. ?I'm still wondering why Chris Pitman is there, Dizzy was amazing. ?Tommy, and Brain fantastic. ?Axl OMG, WHAT A VOICE I could have pressed the restart button and have watched the whole thing over again! ?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #963 on: June 08, 2006, 10:09:44 AM »

Get some facts from the 'perfect rock concert'-book, read a few chapters, and then we'll talk.

You think you _know_ how you felt about last night's show? "Enjoyed the show"... Yeah right!? Roll Eyes

Exactly.

There is a fundamental difference between "I think it was this band's Ritz" and "I imagine this was what it was like to be at Ritz '88"

and

"Your opinion is absolutely wrong. ?The show was not like Ritz '88 at all. ?YOU ARE WRONG. YOU ARE WRONG. ?BLASPHEMY! OUTCAST UNCLEAN!!".

Smiley ?Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 10:11:27 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #964 on: June 08, 2006, 10:10:58 AM »

There's a video of LALD which was recorded from the circle with fairly reasonable sound. Apparently the guy, from mygnr, is going to upload the rest on monday.

I've seen that video, and one other.

Hardly the complete show, as of now.

And certainly not enough to form any sort of informed opinion....

Ignoring, of course, that bootlegs have a hard time conveying atmosphere, etc....

Together again,
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #965 on: June 08, 2006, 10:11:53 AM »

You think you _know_ how you felt about last night's show? "Enjoyed the show"... Yeah right!  Roll Eyes

Exactly.

There is a fundamental difference between "it was this band's Ritz" and "I imagine this was what it was like to be at Ritz '88"

and

"Your opinion is absolutely wrong.  The show was not like Ritz '88 at all.  YOU ARE WRONG. YOU ARE WRONG.  BLASPHEMY! OUTCAST UNCLEAN!!".

Smiley  Roll Eyes

This is what I was trying to say- it was an expression of unreserved enthusiasm, of how great I thought the show was. I didn't ask to be completely lambasted for having a fantastic time!
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #966 on: June 08, 2006, 10:13:08 AM »

opinions are never wrong

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #967 on: June 08, 2006, 10:15:55 AM »

opinions are never wrong
But they can be uninformed
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #968 on: June 08, 2006, 10:16:51 AM »

opinions are never wrong
But they can be uninformed

yes, but never wrong

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #969 on: June 08, 2006, 10:25:25 AM »

I don't feel the need to, at each and every opportunity,? make this into an "old vs new" discussion. ?You seem mired in that..
Sophism at his best ! Pretending that I'm the one who mentioned '88 Ritz show is lame, and dishonest.

Was it necessary to mention a show which took place 18 years ago just to back the feeling that yesterday's show was great ? I still think it's absurd.

I'll download it !
stan1ey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #970 on: June 08, 2006, 10:26:05 AM »

OK, I know it's a phone clip, but the sound isn't too bad and there's a great close-up.

Will upload the others shortly.

Out ta Get Me 51"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrRIr-Ih3r4

darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #971 on: June 08, 2006, 10:29:45 AM »

This show wasn't like Ritz 88 AT ALL!!

(You know, because 1/2 the performers on stage weren't stoned out of their minds)

Its a new era, its new Guns, its a whole new world.  Either accept it or go back and play your Ritz 88 bootleg for the millionth time and opine for the days of yore.  In my opinion, "What used to be's not meant for me anymore.." - In other words, Guns:TNG is here to stay.  I like it.  If you don't - oh well.. doesn't make it go away though, does it.  I don't like Brussels Sprouts. Guess what, I don't eat them.  Problem solved.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Elrothiel
« Reply #972 on: June 08, 2006, 10:30:51 AM »

Oh man what a fucking awesome gig!!!!! headbanger I hurt all over!! And I had a seated ticket, but I spent most of the time standing on my seat, standing on the arms of the seat, and attempting to stand on the back of the seat in front of me, but standing on that and headbanging and screaming wildly is kinda hard to do without falling over! hihi
Before they came on I was DYING of heat, and so was my BF... that's the only thing... I wish I'd brought a portable fan... but hey! It was so worth it!!!
And as much as I hate to bitch about lateness, they did kinda make me and my BF miss the end of the show... crying I WOULD have slept on a bench or in the place itself, but my BF had parked his car back at Upminster station and he was paranoid about it getting broke into... so he was dragging me away... with me begging and pleading and grabbing onto the walls and coming up with all sorts of reasons to stay and possibilities of where to sleep, but to no avail... see, this is why I hate the UK... last train home at midnight? FUCKING RIDICULOUS!!! It ain't right I tells ya!! But hey... I had an awesome time!!! What I saw was FUCKING AWESOME!! Next time, I'm SO getting standing tickets!!! I WAS thinking of taking a flying leap over the balcony onto the crowd, but I wouldn't want to crush anyone... hihi

To people who asked me to take piccies... umm... I tried, but all I had was my shitty little cellphone, and the fucking battery ran out!! I tried using my BF's but his cellphone is equally as shitty...
I saw one guy getting told by a staffmember of the Apollo to delete in front of her all the pics that he'd taken of the gig... ouch!

Oh man, I freaked my BF out by knowing and singing all the lyrics during Maddie... and Better... and The Blues rofl he was like "You stalker!!" was well funny though!! hihi

I'm still in shock after last night... I saw Guns N' Fuckin' Roses!! Shocked Shocked Shocked headbanger headbanger beer

Actually I was hoping to meet more peeps off of here! To the people I said I'd see in the Distiller's Arms at about 5.... sorry... there was traffic on the way to Upminster station and we ended up getting the 17:11 train, so we got there at about 18:30, and waited in line. Chatted to a few peeps in line, and I kept seeing this one guy wearing a blue superman t-shirt... he was there on the train, but I wasn't sure if he was going to Gn'R or not, but I saw him at a distance in the line, and then when I went into the bar by the line to get me n' my BF drinks he was there as well, but I didn't say hi cuz I was sweltering and desperately needed a drink... and my BF as well... hihi

Mandy!! I looked out for you but I didn't see you... but hey! Next gig yea!

well i missed you last night will try and catch you on friday the only person i saw but didnt get a chance to say hello to was skynardgirl her boyfriend looked bit to big and nasty foer my liking rofl hihi Grin
Dude!!! You shoulda come said hi!! My BF is a really friendly guy!! Not scary at all!! Only reason I didn't say hi to YOU was because I umm.... forgot what you looked like.... I saw a guy walk past me in the line with rather big sprayed blond hair... who I THINK is on here, and now that I think about it... it mighta been you! hihi Aaargh why didn't you say hi!!

I would really have loved to go to the Distillers Arms and meet y'all in there...

Well... even though I didn't meet everyone I wanted to, and even though they were late (so what) and even though I didn't get to see the end... IT WAS AWESOME AND I HAD AN AWESOME TIME!! Thanks EVERYONE! Band and crowd!!

(except the fuckhead who yelled out "cocksucker!" at Axl... grrrr!... If I see that guy around, I'm so fucking kicking him in the nuts! Only reason I didn't then and there is because I was enjoying the show, and the guy was quite a way away from me, so I couldn't get a clear view of who exactly it was! I wouldn't want to kick someone's nuts who didn't deserve it!)

But ya... SEE Y'ALL AT THE NEXT ONE!!! beer
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #973 on: June 08, 2006, 10:31:06 AM »

Sophism at his best ! Pretending that I'm the one who mentioned '88 Ritz show is lame, and dishonest.

Was it necessary to mention a show which took place 18 years ago just to back the feeling that yesterday's show was great ? I still think it's absurd.

I pretended no such thing. ?Try as you'd like to paint it as such.  For someone railing against sophism, you sure seem accomplished at it.

I said I don't make it "old vs new". I said you seem mired in the "old vs new" discussion. ?No where do I mention the particular reference of Ritz '88.

Anyone can review your post history to see it's quite true.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 10:32:48 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #974 on: June 08, 2006, 10:32:09 AM »

Forget I mentioned it at all then. Was just trying to convey how great the show was, and the atmosphere in a way people could relate to, as I felt it was comparable.

Can't anyone just be enthusiastic here? I guess not.

Why are the usual suspects always derailing each concert thread, where people just want to read what happened and what the audience thought? It's bloody annoying.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #975 on: June 08, 2006, 10:35:29 AM »

everyone has opinions

Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #976 on: June 08, 2006, 10:39:49 AM »

Man what a great fucking show!! download this sunday too!! The band were on top form, when jungle started everyone went crazy! Anyone know what that intro music is?? its really cool. Had a great time but was stood next to three haters who just heckled the band all the way through( Fuck off axl! Your fat go home! wheres slash and bucket!) Really why go if you hate them so much? my blood was boiling! oh well, great show.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #977 on: June 08, 2006, 10:41:45 AM »

One suggested improvement might be the start of 'Better'. It sounded a bit 'empty'. Also I think they could make the guitars heavier and louder in the metal bit. He nailed the vocals though, incredible.

Here today...ready to rock
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #978 on: June 08, 2006, 10:42:39 AM »

everyone has opinions
everyone has assholes, doesn't mean they need to be shared constantly.

I always think it over before I decided to show my asshole.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #979 on: June 08, 2006, 10:47:33 AM »

everyone has opinions
everyone has assholes, doesn't mean they need to be shared constantly.

I always think it over before I decided to show my asshole.

lol at COma

freedom of speach and all

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: