Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:17:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June  (Read 159400 times)
anythinggoes
« Reply #880 on: June 08, 2006, 06:44:36 AM »

better off the last album? what does that mean?
and what funny stuff did robin do? stagedive?

the better reference was a joke because we still havnt seen the album

one thing i notice bout robin was all the facial expessions he pulled when playing funny to watch
Death Cube K
« Reply #881 on: June 08, 2006, 06:47:33 AM »

Axl may have 'Fuck You Money', but someone needs to pull Axl to one side and tell him how seriously he's fucking off some of the fans.

Either you live with him coming late or you don't. I do.
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #882 on: June 08, 2006, 06:54:33 AM »

looks like dissent is frowned upon here. "welcome to the herd, baby you're gonna die!"

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #883 on: June 08, 2006, 06:58:58 AM »

the three guitar solo's were random stuff no improvision and alot of mistakes were made, bring back buckethead i say!

How's it not improvised if it's random?

But coming on at 10.40pm, and finishing at 1.01am is not. Axl should have said at the end "GOOD. FUCKING. MORNING!"

Is this just a Finland thing, but all the gigs I go to here start around 10-11..? Nobody expects a band to start at 8. Even the opening acts may not start by that time.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
anythinggoes
« Reply #884 on: June 08, 2006, 07:00:24 AM »

just found this at mygnr hope it comes out soon

Lads,i've just got back and its 4 AM,I recorded the whole show via my camcorder,The audio is amazing with no muffle to it and the picture quality ain't much far behind it
Picture:7 out of 10
Audio:9 out of 10
I will share but your have to wait....I bet no one except the DVD Camera crew an stage guys will have better than mine & im willing to put money too it. This piss's on any mobile phone has to offer! show some Patience & i'll get back to you,I SWEAR!!!!
Big Shout to Bigs,not sure if he was a scouser or a Manc but he seemed cool as fuck.we spoke to each other at the end,he seen me video the whole thing...how cheeky am i!

This post has been edited by jimmy1981: Today, 04:53 AM
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #885 on: June 08, 2006, 07:01:34 AM »

The band were MAGNIFICENT.

But coming on at 10.40pm, and finishing at 1.01am is not. Axl should have said at the end "GOOD. FUCKING. MORNING!"

I've never heard boos and jeers like it. The crowd had noticably thinned by the time they came on stage two hours late.? The bar was decanting all drinks out of bottles to prevent people throwing bottles of piss at the band. And believe me, there were many people who would've done so if they had the chance. No matter how good they were, I'm NOT going to see them again : I have a wife, a child, a job, and waiting for Axl to pull his head out of 'Axltime' to the real world causes frictions and costs money when it finishes that late.

Axl may have 'Fuck You Money', but someone needs to pull Axl to one side and tell him how seriously he's fucking off some of the fans.

Mate - hammersmith always decant drinks into plastic cups for all gigs - a late guns show aint the exception. ?And the booing, yes was bad, but I didnt think at any point that it was more than that - I didnt hear anything other than boos, saw one cup descending from the circle, but think it was dropped. ?I think most people there would ahve planned ahead that it would be late. ?Fine if you dont see them again - but you will be missing out. ?Just think, you can see them again, just dont plan on using public transport ? hihi
If the crowd were THAT pissed off - they would have thrown stuff at them once they were onstage or shouted remarks. ?UK crowds are always hectic and a bit pantomime. ?I reckon some people just joined as it was GnR, and they can get all "tough" and get in the ring...but once they were onstage, Guns had them in the palm of their hands.
i am sorry people had to leave as it got late - but i dont think axl will change just for them, rightly or wrongly.
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #886 on: June 08, 2006, 07:03:20 AM »

of the 600 gigs I've been to (and obv. not just by GNR) only 3 have finished after 11.30

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #887 on: June 08, 2006, 07:04:32 AM »

I've written a review in Portuguese. I'm not doing one in English, too many already. Anyone who wants to read it: http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=883472&tid=2469042014739099907&na=4
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 07:08:14 AM by MandyGnR » Logged
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #888 on: June 08, 2006, 07:09:26 AM »

Some brief thoughts about the gig.

Finally got to see Axl live after years of wishing I could I two failed attempts in Glasgow.

The band were great with the exception of Robin, I still think that guy is terrible and listening to him play reminds me of my first day learning guitar. Why they allow him to attempt so many of the solos I do not know as the other two are far better.

Axl sounded great, very strong and he pulled off one or two screams that I thought were never going to end, exceptional ?peace Unfortunately his vocal mix was low so you couldn't easily hear him in every song which was a shame.

I thought trouble was going to start in the seating area to the rear of me as they were getting seriously pissed off with the delay.

Oh and I also met MandyGnR who totally rocks Smiley

Sneeks

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #889 on: June 08, 2006, 07:13:02 AM »

I've written a review in Portuguese. I'm not doing one in English, too many already. Anyone who wants to read it: http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=883472&tid=2469042014739099907&na=4

I was going to attempt to read that but I doubt I'd have much luck Grin

I didn't know you were Portuguese.

When you took everything

anythinggoes
« Reply #890 on: June 08, 2006, 07:15:09 AM »

Some brief thoughts about the gig.

Finally got to see Axl live after years of wishing I could I two failed attempts in Glasgow.

The band were great with the exception of Robin, I still think that guy is terrible and listening to him play reminds me of my first day learning guitar. Why they allow him to attempt so many of the solos I do not know as the other two are far better.

Axl sounded great, very strong and he pulled off one or two screams that I thought were never going to end, exceptional ?peace Unfortunately his vocal mix was low so you couldn't easily hear him in every song which was a shame.

I thought trouble was going to start in the seating area to the rear of me as they were getting seriously pissed off with the delay.

Sneeks

where you at the concert Robin was great the vocal mix sounded fine why do people always have to bitch that concert was a good 9 out of 10 if TWAT CITR or any other new song been added it would of been a 10
stan1ey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #891 on: June 08, 2006, 07:16:01 AM »

Robin came to the front playing guitar and someone next to me threw a cup of water over him soaking him think he enjoyed it though

That person was me!  Grin  I thought he looked like he needed to cool down.  He did enjoy it, smacking his lips as if drinking.. 

What an amazing night!  Axl's voice was the strongest I've ever heard and he was on fine form - at one point joking about having to sing in tune.  The band played really well together - the solos provided good piss-break opportunities so no complaints from me there.  beer

For those people bitching about lateness, Avenged Sevenfold didn't leave the stage until around 9.00, so there was no way that Gn'R could have been on time even if they were there!  Re the booing; most of the booing near me was not negative, but that hip hop boo noise that people do to show appreciation. 

I have some pics and vids taken on my mobile, which I will put up soon..  Now, must concentrate on getting my voice back.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #892 on: June 08, 2006, 07:17:06 AM »

I was going to attempt to read that but I doubt I'd have much luck Grin

I didn't know you were Portuguese.

I am not.  Cheesy
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #893 on: June 08, 2006, 07:17:46 AM »

I was sitting in the Circle and the vocal mix wasn't amazing but it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the concert.

Three friends were at the front of the stage and they thought Robin sounded terrible too.

When you took everything

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #894 on: June 08, 2006, 07:18:09 AM »

Sneeks

You rock too ? Wink

We were the only ones still standing in our row when the new songs were being played ?hihi Everyone else decided to sit down.
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #895 on: June 08, 2006, 07:18:46 AM »

ve seen some of last nights gig allready on the uks Channel 5 news, there was some short clips of welcome to the jungle in dvd quality im not sure if they were NYC tho .
a short 5 minute article on gnr and there comeback and sayin how great axls voice was and the band and that it didnt matter that its only axl left.
i will keep an eye on channel 5 news tonight , if its on ill record it and upload it to rapidshare .

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #896 on: June 08, 2006, 07:18:57 AM »

By the way guys, where should I upload the pictures to? Photobucket and videos to Youtube?
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #897 on: June 08, 2006, 07:19:14 AM »

Avenged Sevenfold didn't finish until 9 to make GNR coming on at 10.40 not seem *quite* so late. Didn't work. I thought AS were fairly rubbish : covering a Pantera song so it sounded *exactly* like Pantera on a support slot was lame.

sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #898 on: June 08, 2006, 07:21:29 AM »

You rock too ? Wink

We were the only ones still standing in our row when the new songs were being played ?hihi Everyone else decided to sit down.

Yeah I only sat down twice during the entire set and that was during spells where nothing was happening onstage.

We certainly kept Row F rocking. Smiley ?Kiss

When you took everything

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #899 on: June 08, 2006, 07:24:59 AM »

Did anyone else notice Beta on the right hand side of the stage?? hihi
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 07:27:10 AM by MandyGnR » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: