Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:14:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June  (Read 159394 times)
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #860 on: June 08, 2006, 05:38:46 AM »

My Michelle kicked ass with Baz.

I'd have liked to see him sing another song.

I was shouting for him to play Youth Gone Wild at the end of the My Michelle.  I got a few funny looks from the people around me!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #861 on: June 08, 2006, 05:40:07 AM »

I agree, MeanBone. Great post.

It isn't the band whose getting boring, it's the fans who keep posting "change the setlist" and "take this song out" over and over again in every live update thread that are getting boring.

I disagree 100%. A band that only learns three new songs when they have 4 years between tours is fucking boring. The hardcore fans are the ones who have kept GNR alive all these years. GNR owes them a much better show.

How many shows have you been to in 2006?

Seen this show four times in years past. It was already getting tired at the Hard Rock in '01. Wouldn't pay to see it a fifth time.

then don't go see the shows, why should they change cuz of you?
i went to see them twice, planning on a third real soon and the forth as soon as possible as well!

Chinese Democracy!
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #862 on: June 08, 2006, 05:44:01 AM »

It was really funny last night when everyone was chanting Guns N' Roses, Guns N' Roses, and then the band went into some goofy song and started singing Gun N' Roses as well... I was really laughing.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #863 on: June 08, 2006, 05:45:21 AM »

did u see anyone filming the show?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #864 on: June 08, 2006, 05:53:09 AM »

well alrighty then!!!!! ?Fucking amazing gig. ?I cannot emphasise enough how good axl sounded and looked. ?I loved the 2002 london gig I saw (first time i'd seen guns) - but this was world's apart. ?The whole band were tight as fuck and AXl OWNED the night.
Booing was getting pretty rowdy from 9.30 - till they hit the stage - but i don't think anyone could seriously imagine axl taking the stage at 9pm. ?HIghlights for me:
Axl getting the guy in the front to sing KOHD - then cracking up at the hey hey yeahs
Robin. say no more
Nightrain - still ringing in my ears
So good to hear Maddy.
Better was excellent as was IRS - really strong.
Crowd chanting Get in the Ring when axl was saying "hmm, what shall we play"
Great atmosphere in the mosh pit area - lots of guys who tried to help me take some pics (I am small and every gig I go to seems to be attended by the world's tallest men). Everyone was singing and having a great time down there.
Axl charging around the stage, dancing, snake-hipping, chucking mic stands.
Axl saying "better" was "off our last album"

Axl had me laughing with his comments - he is on GREAT form.
Anyone here who thinks they should change their set list - wait till you have actually attended a show. ?If you are following live updates for each one and the set is the same - here's a shock - the band are playing for that particular crowd! ?If you read the same stuff over and over again, of course it would be dull, but actually being there is quite different. ?I love the fact that people take time out to update the site and I likke reading them - it was really exciting at the NYC gigs in particular for me being in the uK. ?If you don't want to know - don't read!
I thought the set list was awesome - sure, I would have LOVED to hear TWAT, Rocket Queen, Locomotive (i still live in hope of hearing this live) - but what they played for us was fucking amazing.
Bumblefoot was great, as was Tommy.

Nice to meet Jarmo in the queue with his compadres too - I didnt make it to the pub - but didnt see any HTGTH t-shirts, or would have come and said hi.

Fk nme with their IRN - jeez that fks me off! ?This was an amazing gig - I feel truely blessed to have seen GNR in a small venue - they rocked like motherfuckers

and to all those opposed - hmph? well?HuhHuhHuh!!!!!!!!! ? hihi
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #865 on: June 08, 2006, 05:53:50 AM »

Yes they were filming before and during the show Smiley

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #866 on: June 08, 2006, 05:54:29 AM »

I saw lots of people filming different songs on their camera phones.

There is defintely atleast four videos of Madagascar as those people were all in front of me.

I saw someone videoing Better as well. ?I can't remember which other songs. ?But it was going on for most of the concert. ?The security were stopping it during the first so many songs, then they gave up.

By the way, I don't know if anyone mentioned it already, but a lot of the show was being proshot from a guy behind the security. ?I don't know if that was for the big screens or what, but he was shooting the crowd as well, and that wasn't on the big screens as far as I remember.
anythinggoes
« Reply #867 on: June 08, 2006, 05:59:23 AM »

just in case you missed them in the piture thread

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #868 on: June 08, 2006, 06:03:16 AM »

I thought Lisbon was great, but last night was just amazing.

This band in that venue... Unbelievable!

If you haven't been to a show, felt the energy and experienced it in person, you really shouldn't be making comments about it.

It's just not the same being there in person, reading online updates or reading the set list on this site.  hihi

Thanks to everybody who I met last night. The whole day was amazing thanks to all of you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #869 on: June 08, 2006, 06:04:20 AM »

Hey Mysteron, any comments on why Brian May was there but didn't play with the band?

Brian May was there. He was on the block next to mine, he arrived 3 or 2 minutes before the show began. I was going to take a picture after the show, but he had already left.

And I took loads of pictures too, but most of them are blur ?Cry
I'll upload and post them though ?ok

Oh, and they were filming my shirt for the DVD... The woman in front of me said I looked scared.  hihi I thought they were only going to film my shirt, but it turned out they filmed me and asked a couple of questions too.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 06:06:49 AM by MandyGnR » Logged
anythinggoes
« Reply #870 on: June 08, 2006, 06:05:21 AM »

well i missed you last night will try and catch you on friday the only person i saw but didnt get a chance to say hello to was skynardgirl her boyfriend looked bit to big and nasty foer my liking rofl hihi Grin
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #871 on: June 08, 2006, 06:06:04 AM »

subtle way to make me jealous jarmo! thanks! ok  rofl

If you haven't been to a show, felt the energy and experienced it in person, you really shouldn't be making comments about it.

It's just not the same being there in person, reading online updates or reading the set list on this site.  hihi

Thanks to everybody who I met last night. The whole day was amazing thanks to all of you.

/jarmo

Chinese Democracy!
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #872 on: June 08, 2006, 06:08:26 AM »

ill get some stick for my opinion here, but only three people shined for me last night, they were axl of course, brain and tommy.

the three guitar solo's were random stuff no improvision and alot of mistakes were made, bring back buckethead i say!

was cool to meet bfoot and dizzy after the show, dizzy is mad a cool guy, bfoot had a curry or something going on there!

overall a good show i felt, axl was awsome, SCOM intro was spot on, first time iv heard it that does slash's riff some dignaty ok

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #873 on: June 08, 2006, 06:10:40 AM »

IM so glad everyone had a great time!, and jarmo, you ar so right, people bitching aboubt somethng they arent or havent expierienced need not to post.

It really makes me Smiley that you all got to see an amazing show! beer

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #874 on: June 08, 2006, 06:12:06 AM »

Hey Mysteron, any comments on why Brian May was there but didn't play with the band?

Brian May was there. He was on the block next to mine, he arrived 3 or 2 minutes before the show began. I was going to take a picture after the show, but he had already left.

And I took loads of pictures too, but most of them are blur ?Cry
I'll upload and post them though ?ok

Oh, and they were filming my shirt for the DVD... The woman in front of me said I looked scared.? hihi I thought they were only going to film my shirt, but it turned out they filmed me and asked a couple of questions too.

quite right he was there, i saw him, wasnt too sure from where i was, i was on the far left row g block 6, but im pritty sure it was him, he was in the centreish of me and a few rows down

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #875 on: June 08, 2006, 06:16:11 AM »

By th way, what was the opening band? Bullets for my Valentine? Wow, they sucked!!
anythinggoes
« Reply #876 on: June 08, 2006, 06:23:31 AM »

By th way, what was the opening band? Bullets for my Valentine? Wow, they sucked!!

avenged sevenfold loud brash but never heard them so couldnt really judge seemed to be GNR fans so that was cool
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #877 on: June 08, 2006, 06:23:59 AM »

It's just not the same being there in person, reading online updates or reading the set list on this site.? hihi

/jarmo

And now you know what we all felt like at the Hammerstein shows in NYC. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #878 on: June 08, 2006, 06:40:40 AM »

The band were MAGNIFICENT.

But coming on at 10.40pm, and finishing at 1.01am is not. Axl should have said at the end "GOOD. FUCKING. MORNING!"

I've never heard boos and jeers like it. The crowd had noticably thinned by the time they came on stage two hours late.  The bar was decanting all drinks out of bottles to prevent people throwing bottles of piss at the band. And believe me, there were many people who would've done so if they had the chance. No matter how good they were, I'm NOT going to see them again : I have a wife, a child, a job, and waiting for Axl to pull his head out of 'Axltime' to the real world causes frictions and costs money when it finishes that late.

Axl may have 'Fuck You Money', but someone needs to pull Axl to one side and tell him how seriously he's fucking off some of the fans.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #879 on: June 08, 2006, 06:41:48 AM »

better off the last album? what does that mean?
and what funny stuff did robin do? stagedive?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: