Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:40:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June  (Read 159256 times)
bobblehat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #800 on: June 07, 2006, 11:08:18 PM »

So could someone please explain the booing thing.

The booing and slow clapping happened on and off from about 9:30pm. When the songs that were being played over the speakers finished or went quieter, you'd hear booing mainly coming from the seating area. It may have happened in the standing area, but I'm not sure. I was thinking that it could work against everyone doing it - Axl gets to the venue, hears them booing, he thinks "fuck 'em" and walks straight out the door again. That wouldn't have surprised me!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #801 on: June 07, 2006, 11:10:28 PM »

The booing and slow clapping happened on and off from about 9:30pm. When the songs that were being played over the speakers finished or went quieter, you'd hear booing mainly coming from the seating area. It may have happened in the standing area, but I'm not sure. I was thinking that it could work against everyone doing it - Axl gets to the venue, hears them booing, he thinks "fuck 'em" and walks straight out the door again. That wouldn't have surprised me!

He would not do that

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
RichardNixon
« Reply #802 on: June 07, 2006, 11:12:13 PM »

So the booing was before they hit the stage?
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #803 on: June 07, 2006, 11:13:22 PM »

It's ok if Axl is a little late ?but causing people to go home for being extremely late is ridiculous.

Okay, I think it's about time people who keep crying about this issue Shut The Fuck Up. Seriously. Some of the other arguments I can understand, but this one is the most idiotic. When I was reading through the thread, my reaction was "Holy shit! They came out early tonight!" Anyone who thinks 10:30 is late for a rock concert to start seriously needs to step away from the keyboard, give away their GNR cd's and go buy some Kenny G tickets. But be sure to check his forum first, to make sure he is out promptly at 8pm for you. What, are you suggesting the city of London shuts down completely at midnight? THEY STARTED THIS SHOW EARLIER THAN PRETTY MUCH ANY OTHER FUCKING SHOW THIS BAND HAS EVER DONE. I can't believe the hoops people will jump through just to be negative.

hahaha, so fucking true rofl
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #804 on: June 07, 2006, 11:15:22 PM »

have you ever heard anyone boo when axl is on stage? that would not only be dumb but fucking hard to hear too ok
awolgnr
Headliner

Don't you think that you need somebody?

« Reply #805 on: June 07, 2006, 11:16:19 PM »

I just don't even know what to think about some of you. ?Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch. ?

Maybe I need to find a band that I hate, where everything they do just pisses me off. ?Then I'll fuckin' camp out on their message board and piss and moan all day about them. ?Then maybe I'll finally understand what you get out of being here....

To the GNR fans, constantly defending the band against the haters.... ROCK ON!

I've been where I have been and I've seen what I have seen...
bobblehat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #806 on: June 07, 2006, 11:16:50 PM »

Yes. There was no booing once they hit the stage. The crowd were loving the show and Axl seemed to love the fact that he was playing the "legendary" Hammersmith Odeon (yes, he doesn't call it the Apollo). Cheesy
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #807 on: June 07, 2006, 11:18:18 PM »

I just don't even know what to think about some of you. ?Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch. ?

Maybe I need to find a band that I hate, where everything they do just pisses me off. ?Then I'll fuckin' camp out on their message board and piss and moan all day about them. ?Then maybe I'll finally understand what you get out of being here....

thank you, i find it good use of my spare time to defend the band against these so-called "fans"! Grin
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #808 on: June 07, 2006, 11:19:43 PM »

The hardcore fans are the ones who have kept GNR alive all these years.

This is total garbage - GNR hasn't been "kept alive" because people posted 10000 posts on a messageboard and collected every known
bootleg in existence. The main thing keeping them alive is the fact they were and are a great band - the shows are selling out, and 99% of the audiences
are probably people who very sensibly went and did something else while GNR were absent, and came back when they reappeared. Most don't
know Madagascar let alone IRS or TWAT, and most don't care. And if you think you are entitled to something in return for being a "hardcore fan" then you
aren't a hardcore fan anyway.

Yeah you're right, Axl should just pander to the people who don't even know who's in the band. Fuck Chinese Democracy, let's have him play Appetite every night until he's 80 years old. Screw the fans who have paid to see him 5 times and supported him for 10 years, Axl doesn't need them any more.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #809 on: June 07, 2006, 11:21:30 PM »

I just don't even know what to think about some of you.  Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch. 

Maybe I need to find a band that I hate, where everything they do just pisses me off.  Then I'll fuckin' camp out on their message board and piss and moan all day about them.  Then maybe I'll finally understand what you get out of being here....

thank you, i find it good use of my spare time to defend the band against these so-called "fans"! Grin

I absolutely CONCUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
estranged.1098
« Reply #810 on: June 07, 2006, 11:25:03 PM »

This is total garbage - GNR hasn't been "kept alive" because people posted 10000 posts on a messageboard and collected every known
bootleg in existence. The main thing keeping them alive is the fact they were and are a great band - the shows are selling out, and 99% of the audiences
are probably people who very sensibly went and did something else while GNR were absent, and came back when they reappeared. Most don't
know Madagascar let alone IRS or TWAT, and most don't care. And if you think you are entitled to something in return for being a "hardcore fan" then you

Yeah you're right, Axl should just pander to the people who don't even know who's in the band. Fuck Chinese Democracy, let's have him play Appetite every night until he's 80 years old. Screw the fans who have paid to see him 5 times and supported him for 10 years, Axl doesn't need them any more.

Axl needs a pen and a band.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #811 on: June 07, 2006, 11:33:44 PM »

I wonder why they don't play Chinese Democracy or There Was a Time anymore...

You know.. maybe its a good sign for those songs? Could be working on em more.. maybe they want to stop playing cause one could be a single? Who knows.

gnrevolution.com
Chief
Legend

« Reply #812 on: June 07, 2006, 11:36:56 PM »

HAHHHA i loved your post man!!!!

It's ok if Axl is a little late  but causing people to go home for being extremely late is ridiculous.

Okay, I think it's about time people who keep crying about this issue Shut The Fuck Up. Seriously. Some of the other arguments I can understand, but this one is the most idiotic. When I was reading through the thread, my reaction was "Holy shit! They came out early tonight!" Anyone who thinks 10:30 is late for a rock concert to start seriously needs to step away from the keyboard, give away their GNR cd's and go buy some Kenny G tickets. But be sure to check his forum first, to make sure he is out promptly at 8pm for you. What, are you suggesting the city of London shuts down completely at midnight? THEY STARTED THIS SHOW EARLIER THAN PRETTY MUCH ANY OTHER FUCKING SHOW THIS BAND HAS EVER DONE. I can't believe the hoops people will jump through just to be negative.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #813 on: June 07, 2006, 11:44:14 PM »

When do the "Axl's voice sux", "Shitty Set List", "too many solo's" and "Axl's always Late" posts become Dead Horse?

I have to say that the constant bitching is starting to ruin every thread.

I guess everyone feels that the solos are sooooooo boring, and since everyone complains about them, it's becoming a dead horse. It's a new world record that after only a dozen of shows it's already a dead horse  hihi

Guess it's time for the guitarists to learn something interesting or give up and take the nunchakus.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
sandman
Legend

« Reply #814 on: June 07, 2006, 11:48:35 PM »

10:30 is not "normal". breaks between sets longer than an hour is not normal either.

die hard gnr fans know and accept the fact that they come on really late.

and if someone wants to pay big money to go to a show, they have every right to boo or do whatever they want if they feel they are being disrespected.

remember, the vast majority of people at these shows are not die hard forum members. so they are a less willing to put up with axl's bullshit.

but it sounds like another good performance tonight! ?ok

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #815 on: June 07, 2006, 11:52:21 PM »

Of course it's a dick move to come on late (even though this was the earliest they've ever played) but who doesn't know that by now? The band has always, ALWAYS been on ridiculously late. Anyone who plans on them coming on when advertised or earlier is, sorry to sound harsh, foolish. We've been through this ever since the beginning (well, not me personally, I'm too young to remember the old days). It's not just the hardcore fans that are aware of this, everyone should be at this point. People that saw them back in the early nineties that haven't been hanging on this board everyday should know it. They experienced it before and Guns and widely known for being late. I had to grab a hotel in New York, but I did it in advance because I didn't think they would magically change the way they've been doing things for years and come on at nine and finish at eleven.
 ? ? ? ? ?Anyway, to all those that went to the show and had a great time, I'm happy for you. A guns show really is a unique and wonderful experience. Heres to many more.

1. Not everyone is such a hardcore fan to know that Axl will be late.

2. Axl doesn't give a shit about his audience. He never did. He begins the show when he wants to.

3. It's interesting that when the show is really important like VMA or the Mercury tribute show, Axl took his time and got on the stage when he was supposed to. Guess it's about he wants to do something.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #816 on: June 08, 2006, 12:00:36 AM »

It's impossible to try to get you people to realize that MOST people want to hear AFD songs, no leaked tracks or new ones.  Do you realize the mass exodus to the bathrooms that would take place if Axl said, "here's a new song that we've never played".  He's not out to please 20 fans from the HTGTH message board.  Until you get that through your brain, continue to be dissapointed.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
RichardNixon
« Reply #817 on: June 08, 2006, 12:02:54 AM »

They should play "Coma"!
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #818 on: June 08, 2006, 12:10:30 AM »

Slash wrote Coma so you will hear that one again....NEVER..........GNR played a classic show at the Odean in October of 1987...get the audio bootleg if you can its awesome, great sound too............
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #819 on: June 08, 2006, 12:10:56 AM »

It's impossible to try to get you people to realize that MOST people want to hear AFD songs, no leaked tracks or new ones.? Do you realize the mass exodus to the bathrooms that would take place if Axl said, "here's a new song that we've never played".? He's not out to please 20 fans from the HTGTH message board.? Until you get that through your brain, continue to be dissapointed.

actually there's nothing wrong with that. they could perfectly play a new song besides the leaks ones, Metallica did it last night and everyone is talking about it, and the song doesn't even have a title yet, they just played it. i think that's pretty cool. ok

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: