Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:42:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June  (Read 159265 times)
axlsfury
Opening Act

Gonna bring you to your sha na na na na na knees

« Reply #780 on: June 07, 2006, 09:55:55 PM »

Sorry to sound unsympathetic, but can't you just catch a cab or grab a cheap motel room? People should sort of expect that guns will be on late and plan accordingly.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #781 on: June 07, 2006, 09:57:17 PM »

Sorry to sound unsympathetic, but can't you just catch a cab or grab a cheap motel room? People should sort of expect that guns will be on late and plan accordingly.

right, my baby sitter will start at 7 and i won't get to bercy early...all planned.. hihi

Nothing to say
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #782 on: June 07, 2006, 09:57:31 PM »

He really doesnt have to comply with what anyone wants him to do. Thats what makes him Axl fucking Rose.  ok

Yeah... He doesn't HAVE TO Comply. But how about showing some fucking common sense and caring about your audience? They've got jobs, they've got Lives. They pay to go see you. So get your ass on that stage when you are supposed to so that you don't screw up their lives. Nobody likes an arrogant prick even if his name is Axl Rose.

If Axl saw things the same way as some guy bitching on a message board then he'd probably be some other guy bitching on a messageboard rather than the frontman of one of the biggest rock bands in history. Kinda funny that you earlier ragged on people for following predictable shows on the net and now you're bitching about something that every single person registered to this message board could have predicted.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #783 on: June 07, 2006, 09:58:17 PM »

? ?Well that's between Axl and the people who go see him. But pissing off people before you even start the first song is NOT the way to go!

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #784 on: June 07, 2006, 10:00:08 PM »

Well that's between Axl and the people who go see him. But pissing off people before you even start the first song is NOT the way to go!

Its not Axl's fault there was some uptight moronic people at the show.
AxlCorey
Opening Act

Ba ba booey

« Reply #785 on: June 07, 2006, 10:04:20 PM »

? ?Well that's between Axl and the people who go see him. But pissing off people before you even start the first song is NOT the way to go!

Isn't it past your bedtime Grandpa?  You can pick up with this tomorrow.
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #786 on: June 07, 2006, 10:06:31 PM »

I wonder why they don't play Chinese Democracy or There Was a Time anymore...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #787 on: June 07, 2006, 10:06:53 PM »

? ? Well that's between Axl and the people who go see him. But pissing off people before you even start the first song is NOT the way to go!

Its not Axl's fault there was some uptight moronic people at the show.

? I don't think people wanting the show to start when it's supposed to are being moronic or uptight. I tend to think that repeatedly starting late is Moronic. How freaking hard is it to start when you are supposed to? Axl's time isn't any more valuable than yours or mine. How about if the fans all show up and get seated an hour late. Let's see if that's OK with Axl!

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #788 on: June 07, 2006, 10:08:58 PM »

Turthfully,I thnk we should just start ignoring these "fans" that always seem to wanna bitch about something!. As its pretty clear those who have gone to the shows, are very happy afterwards and it really is getting boring reading peoples posts who contantly fucking bitch and whine, I propose when you see these comments, just fucking ignore them and keep on vibe with the topic at hand, maybe then these assfuck , bitching whinny cunts will finally stfu. Pay thier shit no mind!

NO back on topic hiope everyone had a fucking blast who attended the show, seems like it was another great one! beer
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 10:13:02 PM by jazjme » Logged

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #789 on: June 07, 2006, 10:10:44 PM »

Of course it's a dick move to come on late (even though this was the earliest they've ever played) but who doesn't know that by now? The band has always, ALWAYS been on ridiculously late. Anyone who plans on them coming on when advertised or earlier is, sorry to sound harsh, foolish. We've been through this ever since the beginning (well, not me personally, I'm too young to remember the old days). It's not just the hardcore fans that are aware of this, everyone should be at this point. People that saw them back in the early nineties that haven't been hanging on this board everyday should know it. They experienced it before and Guns and widely known for being late. I had to grab a hotel in New York, but I did it in advance because I didn't think they would magically change the way they've been doing things for years and come on at nine and finish at eleven.
 ? ? ? ? ?Anyway, to all those that went to the show and had a great time, I'm happy for you. A guns show really is a unique and wonderful experience. Heres to many more.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #790 on: June 07, 2006, 10:12:38 PM »

I'm all for people having a good time. But I'm also all for caring about the fans. People Booing because Axl is late shows me that people arn't exactly happy. Axl needs to buy a watch.

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
estranged.1098
« Reply #791 on: June 07, 2006, 10:16:11 PM »

You don't have to apologize for stating the obvious. Welcome to the forum.  Smiley
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #792 on: June 07, 2006, 10:20:40 PM »

You don't have to apologize for stating the obvious. Welcome to the forum.? Smiley

Welcome!  ok

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Annie
« Reply #793 on: June 07, 2006, 10:22:22 PM »

I have never attended a concert where any of the artists come out on time. Madonna, Rolling Stones and Paul Mc Cartney were all at least an hour late. The only shows that start on time are Broadway shows. And even they have 15 minute delays sometimes! ok
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #794 on: June 07, 2006, 10:25:15 PM »

It's ok if Axl is a little late ?but causing people to go home for being extremely late is ridiculous.

Okay, I think it's about time people who keep crying about this issue Shut The Fuck Up. Seriously. Some of the other arguments I can understand, but this one is the most idiotic. When I was reading through the thread, my reaction was "Holy shit! They came out early tonight!" Anyone who thinks 10:30 is late for a rock concert to start seriously needs to step away from the keyboard, give away their GNR cd's and go buy some Kenny G tickets. But be sure to check his forum first, to make sure he is out promptly at 8pm for you. What, are you suggesting the city of London shuts down completely at midnight? THEY STARTED THIS SHOW EARLIER THAN PRETTY MUCH ANY OTHER FUCKING SHOW THIS BAND HAS EVER DONE. I can't believe the hoops people will jump through just to be negative.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #795 on: June 07, 2006, 10:26:51 PM »

?Although it sounds like it was a very good show, minus all of the solos and stuff, I think we need to brace ourselves for some more very poor reviews. ?Any concert that is precipitated by loud boos and angry fans leaving the venue is going to leave the critics with atleast a few negative things to write about. ?
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #796 on: June 07, 2006, 10:33:35 PM »

first review is out on channel 4s teletext planet sound. transcribing now.

for those that dont know, planet sound is generally a piece of absolute piss and the main reviewer, john earls, an absolute tool. theyre keane fans which is really all you need to know.

but...

Theyre two hours late. Axl rose (dressed in a nasty brown carcoat, ginger cornrows in a ponytail) dances like a dad and looks like a football manager from 1975.
During the next 2 and a half hours, the three guitarists will trade solos that go on for weeks. Wars are started and end during axls introducing the band slot.
By god, gnr are magnificent. This wont be remembered for missed trains, but for axl beaming back to earth
The last, faux-industrial, gnr line-up in 2002 was horribly contrived, axl rose an often pitiable figure.
Tonight, he?s happy, constantly joking with the crowd and looking like a man about to have the last laugh on the whole world who?d wrote him off.
He doesn?t merely sing the old hits properly, he renews them, that squawk as simultaneously deafening and controlled as it ever was. If it wasn?t for that hair, he?d be perfect.
Whether or not its gnr or a glorified solo project, the musicians behind axl rose are excellent.
Only youngest guitarist bumblefoot, too twiddly here, is unimpressive and even he shows an enthusiastic potential.
Granted, lulls occur during individual solos, as if axl rose is too forcibly making a point at slash: ?see how they can do the fiddly stuff! Ha!? but robin finck ? ?the ribbed condom of guitar?, says axl ? is endlessly watchable.
They start with a spot on welcome to the jungle, end on a thrilling paradise city and confetti explosion, have mini-flames erupting from the stage and do a ridiculously good you could be mine.
But it?s the new songs that fascinate. Madagascar and IRS are big November rain moments, President stadium-ready? and Better is stunning ? a funk/rawk monster to rival sweet child.
A happy, healthy axl would?ve suffice. Now, hes hungry again. Fantastic.

8/10

=channel 4 teletext, planet sound, john earls

thats four pages of their review section dedicated to the show.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 10:46:07 PM by philspectorshotme » Logged
bobblehat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #797 on: June 07, 2006, 10:48:19 PM »

I'm new so please be kind. Smiley

I saw the Hammersmith gig tonight and it was fantastic. The booing made me a little edgy, because nearly everyone had been drinking for a good few hours and I could imagine a full scale riot happening if the band hadn't turned up or had cancelled. I didn't mind that they were late - it's GUNS N' ROSES people! I mean, how often are you going to see them in a venue so small? The blas? attitude Axl has about when to start a show just makes me laugh and reinforces  the fact that he can do what he likes cos he is Axl Rose. I liked the fact that they played from 11pm-1am (roughly) as it felt a bit more intimate and like a club gig. The band were absolutely amazing and they played almost a greatest hits set. I had some trouble getting home from Hammersmith, but big deal. I got to see the Greatest Rock N' Roll band in the world.

I'll stop gushing now. Cheesy
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #798 on: June 07, 2006, 10:50:09 PM »

I'm new so please be kind. Smiley

I saw the Hammersmith gig tonight and it was fantastic. The booing made me a little edgy, because nearly everyone had been drinking for a good few hours and I could imagine a full scale riot happening if the band hadn't turned up or had cancelled. I didn't mind that they were late - it's GUNS N' ROSES people! I mean, how often are you going to see them in a venue so small? The blas? attitude Axl has about when to start a show just makes me laugh and reinforces? the fact that he can do what he likes cos he is Axl Rose. I liked the fact that they played from 11pm-1am (roughly) as it felt a bit more intimate and like a club gig. The band were absolutely amazing and they played almost a greatest hits set. I had some trouble getting home from Hammersmith, but big deal. I got to see the Greatest Rock N' Roll band in the world.

I'll stop gushing now. Cheesy

thank you.
RichardNixon
« Reply #799 on: June 07, 2006, 11:00:26 PM »

Ok, I really can't read through 45 pages. So could someone please explain the booing thing.

BTW, in that review "faux industrial" band of '02?  Roll Eyes Someone should tell him it's pretty much the same band this time around. I guess Robin's old hair cut is what made it "faux industrial."
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: