Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:28:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228553 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June  (Read 159178 times)
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #760 on: June 07, 2006, 08:35:30 PM »

how was the crowd??? singalong and chanting??

Like peeing clouds!
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #761 on: June 07, 2006, 08:36:27 PM »

For those who say 'OTGM' needs to be taken off the set, pfft. At the show I was at (May 17th), that is the one song that probably had the most energy. The crowd, Axl, the band, everyone was just going insane during that song. Talk about moshing...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #762 on: June 07, 2006, 08:50:09 PM »

I agree, MeanBone. Great post.

It isn't the band whose getting boring, it's the fans who keep posting "change the setlist" and "take this song out" over and over again in every live update thread that are getting boring.

I disagree 100%. A band that only learns three new songs when they have 4 years between tours is fucking boring. The hardcore fans are the ones who have kept GNR alive all these years. GNR owes them a much better show.

How many shows have you been to in 2006?

Seen this show four times in years past. It was already getting tired at the Hard Rock in '01. Wouldn't pay to see it a fifth time.
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #763 on: June 07, 2006, 09:11:01 PM »

For those who say 'OTGM' needs to be taken off the set, pfft. At the show I was at (May 17th), that is the one song that probably had the most energy. The crowd, Axl, the band, everyone was just going insane during that song. Talk about moshing...

out ta get me was always one of my fav gnr song, it's insane.
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #764 on: June 07, 2006, 09:14:14 PM »

That's right gnr2006 (perceptive! Wink). anythinggoes is not giving me a complete setlist, more like updates whenever he can. So we don't have a full setlist for now. I'm sure we're missing all the solos (add at least 3 or 4 if not more) and at least The Blues.

Thank you for any updates you give, I'm sorry that some people actually make posts like "updates are slow tonight", any updates at all are appreciated, as someone who was texting out from night 1 at hammerstein, i understand how hard it is to watch a concert you've been waiting years for and send out updates. It ain't easy, and it's a huge sacrifice. Please thank anythinggoes as well.

Agreed. Also, almost all the gigs are similar, so there's no need to discuss and update every little move Axl does.

BTW, thank you Will and anythinggoes! ok

Totally Agreed!  ok

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
estranged.1098
« Reply #765 on: June 07, 2006, 09:19:00 PM »

I agree, MeanBone. Great post.

It isn't the band whose getting boring, it's the fans who keep posting "change the setlist" and "take this song out" over and over again in every live update thread that are getting boring.

I disagree 100%. A band that only learns three new songs when they have 4 years between tours is fucking boring. The hardcore fans are the ones who have kept GNR alive all these years. GNR owes them a much better show.

How many shows have you been to in 2006?

Seen this show four times in years past. It was already getting tired at the Hard Rock in '01. Wouldn't pay to see it a fifth time.

At Hard Rock 01 it was getting tired? Please make sure there's not a typo somewhere in your post.

m_a_r_t_i_n
Opening Act

....Loaded like a freight train....

« Reply #766 on: June 07, 2006, 09:22:42 PM »

Just got back. It was a great gig and the band were all on top form.
Shame that they didn't come on stage till 22:39. I saw loads of people leaving probably because they had to catch their last trains home.
There was also a hell of a lot of booing too whilst they we were waiting for them to come on. Axl pissed off a lot of fans due to his bad timekeeping.
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #767 on: June 07, 2006, 09:24:27 PM »

When do the "Axl's voice sux", "Shitty Set List", "too many solo's" and "Axl's always Late" posts become Dead Horse?

I have to say that the constant bitching is starting to ruin every thread.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 09:33:00 PM by illusionone » Logged

Wake up. . . .time to die
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #768 on: June 07, 2006, 09:25:57 PM »

Does anyone think Jarmo is passed out somewhere in London by now? hihi
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #769 on: June 07, 2006, 09:29:46 PM »

Fuckin Axl. ?Expect bad reviews ?like Madrid. ? ?It's ok if Axl is a little late ?but causing people to go home for being extremely late is ridiculous. ? This is not the old GNR that was on top of the world ?and could get away with shit because they were so great. ?Axl has to prove himself again and these new musicians don't mean shit to the rest of the world. ?He has to comply to what people want at these shows. ?if they want him to play early ?then he should do just that. ? If and when he releases CD ?and it becomes a great hit ?then maybe he could go back to being an asshole and causing riots ?but for now he has to be a good boy. ?People are not going to put up with this shit ?from a bunch of "no names" ?even if their lead singer happens to be Axl Rose.
Seymour_Duncan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #770 on: June 07, 2006, 09:31:18 PM »

Ignore all previous comments. They rocked the fuck out of the joint. Crowd was amazing!! Great feedback, banter throughout.

Axl was on top top form throughout, amazing performance.

And I had Elle Mcpherson 3 seats away from me & Brian May 1 row down. Really can't complain...

Best gig I have ever been to...
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #771 on: June 07, 2006, 09:32:04 PM »

Just got back. It was a great gig and the band were all on top form.
Shame that they didn't come on stage till 22:39. I saw loads of people leaving probably because they had to catch their last trains home.
There was also a hell of a lot of booing too whilst they we were waiting for them to come on. Axl pissed off a lot of fans due to his bad timekeeping.

?He deserves to get Booed if he can't keep time straight. He's got to understand that he can't keep a bunch of people waiting just because he thinks it's OK. If this only happened once then that's different. Unfortunately going by history he's always got a lame ass excuse for doing the same crap. Someone slap him in the head if he starts this shit again.

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #772 on: June 07, 2006, 09:32:16 PM »

The hardcore fans are the ones who have kept GNR alive all these years.

This is total garbage - GNR hasn't been "kept alive" because people posted 10000 posts on a messageboard and collected every known
bootleg in existence. The main thing keeping them alive is the fact they were and are a great band - the shows are selling out, and 99% of the audiences
are probably people who very sensibly went and did something else while GNR were absent, and came back when they reappeared. Most don't
know Madagascar let alone IRS or TWAT, and most don't care. And if you think you are entitled to something in return for being a "hardcore fan" then you
aren't a hardcore fan anyway.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #773 on: June 07, 2006, 09:33:22 PM »

Fuckin Axl.  Expect bad reviews  like Madrid.    It's ok if Axl is a little late  but causing people to go home for being extremely late is ridiculous.   This is not the old GNR that was on top of the world  and could get away with shit because they were so great.  Axl has to prove himself again and these new musicians don't mean shit to the rest of the world.  He has to comply to what people want at these shows.  if they want him to play early  then he should do just that.   If and when he releases CD  and it becomes a great hit  then maybe he could go back to being an asshole and causing riots  but for now he has to be a good boy.  People are not going to put up with this shit  from a bunch of "no names"  even if their lead singer happens to be Axl Rose.

He really doesnt have to comply with what anyone wants him to do. Thats what makes him Axl fucking Rose.  ok
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #774 on: June 07, 2006, 09:37:21 PM »

Fuckin Axl.? Expect bad reviews? like Madrid.? ? It's ok if Axl is a little late? but causing people to go home for being extremely late is ridiculous.? ?This is not the old GNR that was on top of the world? and could get away with shit because they were so great.? Axl has to prove himself again and these new musicians don't mean shit to the rest of the world.? He has to comply to what people want at these shows.? if they want him to play early? then he should do just that.? ?If and when he releases CD? and it becomes a great hit? then maybe he could go back to being an asshole and causing riots? but for now he has to be a good boy.? People are not going to put up with this shit? from a bunch of "no names"? even if their lead singer happens to be Axl Rose.

He really doesnt have to comply with what anyone wants him to do. Thats what makes him Axl fucking Rose.? ok

Axl can't win, seriously.? People bitch because he comes on late.? But if he decided to start playing early "because everyone wants him too" then people will bitch because he's not being bad ass anymore.?

Axl should be Axl and do what he feels will give the audience the best show? ok

Edit- Also, be grateful.  I believe this is the first time this entire tour that they started playing BEFORE 11 pm local time.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 09:39:33 PM by LittleFly » Logged

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #775 on: June 07, 2006, 09:40:08 PM »

He really doesnt have to comply with what anyone wants him to do. Thats what makes him Axl fucking Rose.? ok

? Yeah... He doesn't HAVE TO Comply. But how about showing some fucking common sense and caring about your audience? They've got jobs, they've got Lives. They pay to go see you. So get your ass on that stage when you are supposed to so that you don't screw up their lives. Nobody likes an arrogant prick even if his name is Axl Rose.

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Steel_Angel
« Reply #776 on: June 07, 2006, 09:43:28 PM »

i thought by now people already knew gnr's always late.
m_a_r_t_i_n
Opening Act

....Loaded like a freight train....

« Reply #777 on: June 07, 2006, 09:43:57 PM »

Axl can't win, seriously.? People bitch because he comes on late.? But if he decided to start playing early "because everyone wants him too" then people will bitch because he's not being bad ass anymore.?

He shouldn't try to be bad ass by making the show run until way past midnight. Thats just disrespectful.
Most of those fans who have paid over ?40 a ticket don't have the luxury of getting up whenever they feel like it and being chauffer driven to and fro.

I wonder how Wembley Arena management will react if he turns up late. It would serve him right if they pulled the plug and he didn't get paid.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 09:47:17 PM by m_a_r_t_i_n » Logged
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #778 on: June 07, 2006, 09:46:41 PM »

He shouldn't try to be bad ass by making the show run until way past midnight. Thats just disrespectful.
Most of those fans who have paid over ?40 a ticket don't have the luxury of getting up whenever they feel like it and being chauffer driven to and fro.

Exactly. YOU GET IT!!!!! How many people are going to be stuck in a train station all night now because of that guy. Totally disrespectful to the fans. You would have thought that he would have learned something during the years he went into hiding. Perhaps he didn't learn a damn thing.

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #779 on: June 07, 2006, 09:55:31 PM »

pssst :

night buses  Grin

Lips Sealed

Nothing to say
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57 Go Up Print