Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:44:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June  (Read 159274 times)
RichardNixon
« Reply #820 on: June 08, 2006, 12:14:21 AM »

Slash wrote Coma so you will hear that one again....NEVER..........GNR played a classic show at the Odean in October of 1987...get the audio bootleg if you can its awesome, great sound too............

Slash and Axl wrote "Coma."
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #821 on: June 08, 2006, 12:16:16 AM »

Slash wrote Coma so you will hear that one again....NEVER..........GNR played a classic show at the Odean in October of 1987...get the audio bootleg if you can its awesome, great sound too............

So? Nu-GN'R plays a lot of Slash and Izzy songs.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #822 on: June 08, 2006, 12:19:02 AM »

The hardcore fans are the ones who have kept GNR alive all these years.

This is total garbage - GNR hasn't been "kept alive" because people posted 10000 posts on a messageboard and collected every known
bootleg in existence. The main thing keeping them alive is the fact they were and are a great band - the shows are selling out, and 99% of the audiences
are probably people who very sensibly went and did something else while GNR were absent, and came back when they reappeared. Most don't
know Madagascar let alone IRS or TWAT, and most don't care. And if you think you are entitled to something in return for being a "hardcore fan" then you
aren't a hardcore fan anyway.

Yeah you're right, Axl should just pander to the people who don't even know who's in the band. Fuck Chinese Democracy, let's have him play Appetite every night until he's 80 years old. Screw the fans who have paid to see him 5 times and supported him for 10 years, Axl doesn't need them any more.

It's impossible to try to get you people to realize that MOST people want to hear AFD songs, no leaked tracks or new ones.? Do you realize the mass exodus to the bathrooms that would take place if Axl said, "here's a new song that we've never played".? He's not out to please 20 fans from the HTGTH message board.? Until you get that through your brain, continue to be dissapointed.

actually there's nothing wrong with that. they could perfectly play a new song besides the leaks ones, Metallica did it last night and everyone is talking about it, and the song doesn't even have a title yet, they just played it. i think that's pretty cool. ok

Dude, don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to hear them play something previously unheard.  But to the majority at the show at the time, it wouldn't be a thrilling occasion.  For you, me, and 100 other members of the GNR community yes, but to the thousands at the show, they'd much rather hear "Rocket Queen" than "TWAT".  Trust me on that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #823 on: June 08, 2006, 12:21:14 AM »

slash wrote all the music and axl wrote the lyrics to be exact....but its slash's baby...thats the words from axl himself from that 1990 kurt loder interview
new-gnr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #824 on: June 08, 2006, 12:35:23 AM »

you guys think 10:30 is late? everybody knows the show starts at 11...wonder why they came on so early tonight,maybe he had a date or something...i'm being  serious too,thats very early.i might have missed some of the show if  i went since he came on so early and would have been mad.
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #825 on: June 08, 2006, 12:42:38 AM »

Axl doesn't give a shit about his audience. He never did.

dumbest statement ever. axl always gives a hundred percent at his shows, i remember him saying "if i didn't give a shit about my fans i would go out on stage and fucking sit down, look bored and do a half-assed show". whoever sees axl put on a half-ass show must live in some parallell universe, he's that good.
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #826 on: June 08, 2006, 12:58:04 AM »

Heres a review from NME.com

Guns n' Roses return to the UK
The band treat fans to four new songs

Guns n' Roses made their long awaited live return to the UK tonight (June 7) for a very special warm up show before their Download Festival appearance this weekend.

Singer Axl Rose - the only remaining member of the original line-up - returned to the Hammersmith Apollo for the first time in nearly 20 years for a set peppered with classic hits and four new tracks.

Typically Axl turned up over an hour and 10 minutes with his seven piece band.

But he treated the crowd to a 130 minute set made up of fan favourites 'Welcome To The Jungle', 'Sweet Child O' Mine', 'Mr Brownstone', 'Patience' and Use Your Illusion tracks 'You Could Be Mine' and 'November Rain'.

His band also played new tracks - 'Madagascar','Better', 'The Blues' and 'IRN' - from the long awaited 'Chinese Democracy' album.

The show, which was watched by Queen guitarist Brian Mayand model Elle Macpherson, saw Axl make a number of costume changes in between spectacular pyrotechniques.

During the Bob Dillon cover 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door', the singer also handed his mic over for a member of the audience to sing.

He was later joined by former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach for 'My Michelle' before the band eventually wrapped up the show with 'Paradise City'
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #827 on: June 08, 2006, 01:04:59 AM »

IRN??  hihi

but it doesn't say if it was good or bad. anyway, lazy reviewer.

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #828 on: June 08, 2006, 01:08:43 AM »

yeah seriously.. lame review.  a kid could have written what happened at the show!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #829 on: June 08, 2006, 01:12:14 AM »

Heres a review from NME.com

Guns n' Roses return to the UK
The band treat fans to four new songs

Guns n' Roses made their long awaited live return to the UK tonight (June 7) for a very special warm up show before their Download Festival appearance this weekend.

Singer Axl Rose - the only remaining member of the original line-up - returned to the Hammersmith Apollo for the first time in nearly 20 years for a set peppered with classic hits and four new tracks.

Typically Axl turned up over an hour and 10 minutes with his seven piece band.

But he treated the crowd to a 130 minute set made up of fan favourites 'Welcome To The Jungle', 'Sweet Child O' Mine', 'Mr Brownstone', 'Patience' and Use Your Illusion tracks 'You Could Be Mine' and 'November Rain'.

His band also played new tracks - 'Madagascar','Better', 'The Blues' and 'IRN' - from the long awaited 'Chinese Democracy' album.

The show, which was watched by Queen guitarist Brian Mayand model Elle Macpherson, saw Axl make a number of costume changes in between spectacular pyrotechniques.

During the Bob Dillon cover 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door', the singer also handed his mic over for a member of the audience to sing.

He was later joined by former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach for 'My Michelle' before the band eventually wrapped up the show with 'Paradise City'

and this guy calls himself a serious music journalist? hardly. lazy review.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #830 on: June 08, 2006, 01:16:38 AM »

Those supermodels sure love Axl. ?How many models have attended his shows ?since his return in NYC?? ?Fucker attracts fine pussy to his shows. ? I wouldn't be surprised if Stephanie Seymour decided to show up ?hihi ?Maybe not a good idea, ?he might cancell the whole tour ?
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #831 on: June 08, 2006, 01:17:22 AM »

Those supermodels sure love Axl. ?How many models have attended his shows ?since his return in NYC?? ?Fucker attracts fine pussy to his shows. ? I wouldn't be surprised if Stephanie Seymour decided to show up ?hihi ?Maybe not a good idea, ?he might cancell the whole tour ?

"funny"
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #832 on: June 08, 2006, 01:28:57 AM »

Just back from the show- I'll write a proper review after some sleep!

Best show I've ever seen bar none. The crowd were immensely into it- crowd surfing throughout, and the whoe standing section moving as one. Loads knew the new songs too, so they went down well.

Axl sounded fantastic- better than I've ever heard, the shrieks cut powerfully through the mix. The band were clearly really enjoying the response from the crowds too- they were as into it as we were. I can never criticize Axl about the oxygen either- I was out of breath three songs in from the intensity of it, and I was just in the crowd; I was 4 rows from the stage, and it felt like they were playing in my living room.

And honestly, once they hit the stage, nobody cared what time it was. We were rapt in the moment until 1ish, when they finished.

Cool thing I remember- about 6, before the show, bumble was talking to loads of fans outside the show in the queue and around the stage entrance. Fantastic guy.

The BBC were hanging around outside too, recording interviews with fans for the 6Music (rock) radio station.

I'll never see a show as good as this again.

Pics to come- where can I upload them to, if they're any good?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #833 on: June 08, 2006, 01:49:51 AM »

dumbest statement ever. axl always gives a hundred percent at his shows, i remember him saying "if i didn't give a shit about my fans i would go out on stage and fucking sit down, look bored and do a half-assed show". whoever sees axl put on a half-ass show must live in some parallell universe, he's that good.

That's the biggest Axl bullshit ever. He needs to get in the right mood to perform the songs? What mood?  Huh

But if you translate his words into human langauge it says: 'I don't want to perform and I need a lot of time every night to rape myself and go to the stage'. BTW he did a really half-ass show in Hungary. He sang well, but acted like want it to end and his didn't put his heart into the concert.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Chief
Legend

« Reply #834 on: June 08, 2006, 01:55:05 AM »

it was probably his back problems that made you think it was a "half ass" show.

That's the biggest Axl bullshit ever. He needs to get in the right mood to perform the songs? What mood?  Huh

But if you translate his words into human langauge it says: 'I don't want to perform and I need a lot of time every night to rape myself and go to the stage'. BTW he did a really half-ass show in Hungary. He sang well, but acted like want it to end and his didn't put his heart into the concert.

Chief
Legend

« Reply #835 on: June 08, 2006, 01:56:17 AM »

Thanks for the review, looking forward to reading more..... please post some pics if you can, this is a pretty good site for it:

http://photobucket.com/

Just back from the show- I'll write a proper review after some sleep!

Best show I've ever seen bar none. The crowd were immensely into it- crowd surfing throughout, and the whoe standing section moving as one. Loads knew the new songs too, so they went down well.

Axl sounded fantastic- better than I've ever heard, the shrieks cut powerfully through the mix. The band were clearly really enjoying the response from the crowds too- they were as into it as we were. I can never criticize Axl about the oxygen either- I was out of breath three songs in from the intensity of it, and I was just in the crowd; I was 4 rows from the stage, and it felt like they were playing in my living room.

And honestly, once they hit the stage, nobody cared what time it was. We were rapt in the moment until 1ish, when they finished.

Cool thing I remember- about 6, before the show, bumble was talking to loads of fans outside the show in the queue and around the stage entrance. Fantastic guy.

The BBC were hanging around outside too, recording interviews with fans for the 6Music (rock) radio station.

I'll never see a show as good as this again.

Pics to come- where can I upload them to, if they're any good?

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #836 on: June 08, 2006, 01:57:20 AM »

That's the biggest Axl bullshit ever. He needs to get in the right mood to perform the songs? What mood?? Huh

You ever think the time changes and jet lag could effect his performance ?Roll Eyes
It must be a pain the ass going from country to country, time zone to time zone and not havint jet lag. Give me a break. Looking at the videos it seems that Axl was into it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 02:04:47 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Death Cube K
« Reply #837 on: June 08, 2006, 02:00:28 AM »

BTW he did a really half-ass show in Hungary. He sang well, but acted like want it to end and his didn't put his heart into the concert.

Your opinion doesnt really count as a fact. Others might see it differently and even people more negative than you might say it sucked.  ok
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #838 on: June 08, 2006, 02:02:07 AM »

Whose Bob Dillon?  Never heard of that guy.  Sounds familiar to some famous songwriter that some of you may know.  That article was preschool man.  Get the facts straight on some of your stuff. 
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #839 on: June 08, 2006, 02:06:19 AM »

That's the biggest Axl bullshit ever. He needs to get in the right mood to perform the songs? What mood?? Huh

You are on the wrong site fucker .   I don't think criticism is a bad thing because I do it quite often  but all you do here is bitch about this band.  Go to the Velvet revolver message board , they'll love you over there.  Maybe you don't post over there because  it's not as active as this one , I don't really know.  Doesn't it get boring posting on a message board of a band you don't really seem to like at all??
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: