Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:19:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June  (Read 144162 times)
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #240 on: May 19, 2006, 09:34:17 AM »

Nope I havent.  Though at least Coma has actually put a place forward.  Im up for it!

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #241 on: May 19, 2006, 09:45:52 AM »

i Think i know it - is it the one in the shopping centre in the bit where the underground is?  Just before you go into the underpass to get to the venue.  It couldnt be closer to the venue - nice one!  They must have lots of people who go there before gigs, so am sure would be receptive to it.  coma = man with the plan   beer
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #242 on: May 19, 2006, 09:46:42 AM »

Quite a few bands play Bournemouth in fact, the BIC is the largest venue south of London. And I've also spoken to the BIC box office who have confirmed that they 'are in talks with the promoters' regarding GnR playing there on the 28th.

cool - i didnt know that. fingers crossed then.  ok
CoMa UK
Headliner

« Reply #243 on: May 19, 2006, 10:03:55 AM »

And we're still looking at where to go before the gig....

Has anybody been to that place?

/jarmo

I've been there yes, went there in 2003 before I saw David Lee Roth at the Apollo, nice place, big aswell, lots of awesome beers and drinks.

The place is in spitting distance from the Apollo.

I'll be there as i'd rather be as close to the venue as possible and being at the trout allows it.

mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #244 on: May 19, 2006, 10:05:04 AM »

What's the apollo itself like? I've never been there. Intimate? Good sound?
shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #245 on: May 19, 2006, 11:08:52 AM »

im really glad i spent 700 quid to see them in new york when i bet they put exactly the same sort of show on at the appollo which is about an hour away Undecided Would have put my travel plans back a couple of weeks if id known!!!! thought New York was my only chance to see them on there own set up! Have fun all those going, I can say the shows in new york were mind blowing and the appollo is the same sort of thing as what the Hammerstein was. London will be better tho because the English rock harder  Grin
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #246 on: May 19, 2006, 11:12:14 AM »

I've been to the Trout pub lots of times.  It's just across the street from the Apollo, and is situated in the Broadway shopping centre.  It's the pub that most people go to before a gig at the Apollo.  It's a good place to meet, but the only thing is that it will already be packed with people who are going to the GNR gig.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #247 on: May 19, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »

Yeah, that's what I suspect as well. It'll be packed with other people who aren't members of the boards.

If we want a "proper" board meeting, then we might have to do it at another pub in Hammersmith.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #248 on: May 19, 2006, 11:35:20 AM »

does anybody have 2 tickets for sale  Cry .i signed up with ticket rush but never recieved no activation email so that was out the window.i was in work when the first presale went up and i was gonna try get my tickets over the phone this morning but i had to go make a delivery in work and couldnt get to a phone  Cry  Cry  Cry .somethings telling me not to go to this show but im still trying.HELP anyone

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #249 on: May 19, 2006, 12:07:16 PM »

I'll go have a look around Hammersmith tomorrow and see if what other pubs are near that are cool.  I have one in mind, but I can't remember what it's called.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #250 on: May 19, 2006, 12:09:03 PM »

What's the apollo itself like? I've never been there. Intimate? Good sound?

Its a great and classic venue - capacity approx 5,000, with sloped floor towards stage for those standing and a couple of tiers of seating. ?I've sat right at the back before and still felt it was a v intimate gig.

Sound is an interesting one - i guess it depends where you are. ?Slash did deafen me at the last VR gig - I was right in front of him and the PA - and it was fkn loud. ?But Scott's vocals were a bit low in the mix both times I saw them. ?but then, I've seen other bands there, and stood a little further back and it's been fine. ?The crowd will move around so much at the start - you will be able to re-position once the first few songs are played if you aren't in a prime position (if you're standing). ?As for seating - i think the sound will be fine there. ? ok
monkeylips10
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #251 on: May 19, 2006, 12:23:34 PM »

desperately searching for 2 standing tickets. Totally schoolboyed myself, rang up the presale and the security numbers had scratched off 2 of my cards with money on and i had no money on the others. got up early doors the next day to get on the phone, went to the bank transferred money to the working card. rang up, seating only left.

Thought i want to get to the front, will ring up at 9am sharp on general sale.

stayed up till half 6 and then fell asleep through it. what a malarky. hahahahahahahahahhahahahha

any help much appreciated
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #252 on: May 19, 2006, 12:48:02 PM »

The hype is working, I'm so fucking excited about this gig now!

Here today...ready to rock
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2006, 12:49:14 PM »

Yeah, that's what I suspect as well. It'll be packed with other people who aren't members of the boards.

If we want a "proper" board meeting, then we might have to do it at another pub in Hammersmith.

/jarmo

Thats a good idea , I would love to meet just the people from this board, and have a few cheecky sandies!!

Im taking my 15 year old sister, thier should'nt be a problem taking her to pub's around there as long as she has coke???

Huh

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #254 on: May 19, 2006, 12:54:09 PM »

/jarmo

Thats a good idea , I would love to meet just the people from this board, and have a few cheecky sandies!!

Im taking my 15 year old sister, thier should'nt be a problem taking her to pub's around there as long as she has coke???

Huh

Wow I'm she'll be more than welcome if she has coke  hihi

Here today...ready to rock
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #255 on: May 19, 2006, 12:57:17 PM »

/jarmo

Huh

Wow I'm she'll be more than welcome if she has coke? hihi

ha, absolutely more than welcome with coke.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #256 on: May 19, 2006, 12:59:55 PM »

if anyone has extra tickets, pleas PM me. i was in new york watching the band while the pre-sale was on.
G N R PIMP
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #257 on: May 19, 2006, 01:39:49 PM »

....just got in from work , has this gig sold out yet?
Elrothiel
« Reply #258 on: May 19, 2006, 01:46:35 PM »

GN'R Pimp.... in a word..... YES! I got tickets!! Wooooo!! headbanger YEEEEA! *dances around happily*

You still might be able to get tickets on eBay though... albeit for silly prices... but hey! Its GN'R!! Its worth it!!
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #259 on: May 19, 2006, 01:47:49 PM »

....just got in from work , has this gig sold out yet?

Definitely- probably in less than an hour. It's not quite clear how quick because nobody could get through to buy tickets!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: