Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 04:15:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June  (Read 159587 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1020 on: June 08, 2006, 02:00:15 PM »

As for the rest of the band. The drummer was a non-entity with headphones on (was he listening to a CD of summat better??

Aren't Brian's headphones more ear protection than true "headphone"? ?If so, there are a number of other drummers who do the same thing, now. ?The hearing loss, from prolonged exposure to that level of noise, can be really, really bad.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1021 on: June 08, 2006, 02:00:51 PM »

Did anyone see the tramp outside the venue? People were offloading their beer to him as they went in and he must have had at least 20 cans of unopenned beer around him. He was already drunk as fuck and happy as hell!

I saw him  hihi

The guy behind me shouted: "You fucking drunk!"
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1022 on: June 08, 2006, 02:02:04 PM »

i think it is headphones, the guy from linkin park (guitar) wears them too

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
gnrbr
Rocker

Everywhere i go i c ya

« Reply #1023 on: June 08, 2006, 02:08:01 PM »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5AT3LQXB

All my pics and videos! ?ok

the videos are fucking great! i loved the end of paradise city! fantastic! great fucking videos1
thx for sharing beer drool
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1024 on: June 08, 2006, 02:09:20 PM »

Oh, and who was the motherfucker from behind who threw beer on block 9?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1025 on: June 08, 2006, 02:13:13 PM »

As for the rest of the band. The drummer was a non-entity with headphones on (was he listening to a CD of summat better??

Aren't Brian's headphones more ear protection than true "headphone"? ?If so, there are a number of other drummers who do the same thing, now. ?The hearing loss, from prolonged exposure to that level of noise, can be really, really bad.

They're monitors.

As a drummer, it's really hard to hear up there.  Especially with 7 other musicians and pyro blowing up everywhere.

My drummer wears headphones onstage as well.

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1026 on: June 08, 2006, 02:14:57 PM »

And as much as I hate to bitch about lateness, they did kinda make me and my BF miss the end of the show... crying I WOULD have slept on a bench or in the place itself, but my BF had parked his car back at Upminster station and he was paranoid about it getting broke into... so he was dragging me away... with me begging and pleading and grabbing onto the walls and coming up with all sorts of reasons to stay and possibilities of where to sleep, but to no avail... see, this is why I hate the UK... last train home at midnight? FUCKING RIDICULOUS!!! It ain't right I tells ya!! But hey... I had an awesome time!!! What I saw was FUCKING AWESOME!! Next time, I'm SO getting standing tickets!!! I WAS thinking of taking a flying leap over the balcony onto the crowd, but I wouldn't want to crush anyone... hihi

Me and a whole bunch of other people were lucky to get the last District Line train. Many of us went to Earl's Court and got a bus from there. I got home at 2:30 am.
sweetwater
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1027 on: June 08, 2006, 02:16:36 PM »

Hang about. Slash only started running around the stage like a man obsesed on Axl's orders!! Remember, Izzy quit becuase he was not prepared to do that (and Axl didn't like Izzy's dog).

As far as Brian and the headphone go I only mention it because that's all i remember about him. Stevie Adler and Matt Sorum both have CHARACTER and they drum and play to the crowd (like all great drummers) which makes a big difference. Watching Brian last night was like watching someone in an instrument shop testing out a new piece of kit. ?confused

08/10/87 Hammersmith Odeon
31/08/91 Wembley Stadium
13/06/92 Wembley Stadium
02/09/04 Hammersmith Apollo (VR)
23/01/05 Hammersmith Apollo (VR)
07/06/05 Hammermsith Apollo
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1028 on: June 08, 2006, 02:17:09 PM »

Did anyone see the tramp outside the venue? People were offloading their beer to him as they went in and he must have had at least 20 cans of unopenned beer around him. He was already drunk as fuck and happy as hell!

yeah, we tried to speak to him, did anyone see that guitarist playing 'sweet child o' mine' after the gig in the subway?
he looked like the sprog of chris evens and dennis pennis. priceless!

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #1029 on: June 08, 2006, 02:17:25 PM »

I was on that train too! Was there anyone else on it but gunners? I got to victoria around 3, then back to Cambridge at 6.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1030 on: June 08, 2006, 02:18:25 PM »

They're monitors.

As a drummer, it's really hard to hear up there.? Especially with 7 other musicians and pyro blowing up everywhere.

No, I know they have monitors in them, too. Smiley

But isn't the purpose behind them to deaden the "ambient" noise to protect the ear, but still let them hear a mix of the sound?

I know, I didn't express it clearly the first time....

Together again,
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1031 on: June 08, 2006, 02:18:53 PM »

As far as Brian and the headphone go I only mention it because that's all i remember about him.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Ahhh man. Believe me, you're not the only one. All I can remember are those huge headphones.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1032 on: June 08, 2006, 02:19:25 PM »

Thanks everyone for the updates, photos vidoeos and reviews, much appreciated as I couldn't go.

Glad to hear it was a great show again and you had a good time.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1033 on: June 08, 2006, 02:19:57 PM »

I was on that train too! Was there anyone else on it but gunners? I got to victoria around 3, then back to Cambridge at 6.

Nope. Only Gunners. As far as I can remember when the train arrived there wasn't one single soul inside.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1034 on: June 08, 2006, 02:21:24 PM »

They're monitors.

As a drummer, it's really hard to hear up there.? Especially with 7 other musicians and pyro blowing up everywhere.

No, I know they have monitors in them, too. Smiley

But isn't the purpose behind them to deaden the "ambient" noise to protect the ear, but still let them hear a mix of the sound?

I know, I didn't express it clearly the first time....

Yeah, they help with the loudness of the concert.

My apologies.  I thought that was implied. Tongue

DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #1035 on: June 08, 2006, 02:21:34 PM »

well I just got back to Hull from the concert, absolutly brilliant. I was standing on the front barrier to the left of Axl (Robin's Side).
 I must admit even I was getting pissed off waiting for good old Uncle Axl to turn up (Apperantly he went out around London and was late getting back, he then arranged with the promoters to finnish at 12am strict or face a fine - looks like he got a fine Shocked) but even though I was pissed off I still couldnt bring myself to boo the guy.
 but all those feelings of being pissed off went away when the band walked onstage and blasted into welcome to the jungle. other highlites for me included Madagascar, Better, IRS, Nighttrain and Mr. Brownstone.
On another note I couldnt believe how happy the Band espically Axl looked, Axl even cracking jokes.. After Better Axl said 'That song was on our last album' ?rofl
Definatly one of best shows Ive been to (And Ive been to a few) all I can say is Roll on Sheffield..... Just dont be so fucking late next time please Uncle Axl
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1036 on: June 08, 2006, 02:29:15 PM »

As far as Brian and the headphone go I only mention it because that's all i remember about him. Stevie Adler and Matt Sorum both have CHARACTER and they drum and play to the crowd (like all great drummers) which makes a big difference. Watching Brian last night was like watching someone in an instrument shop testing out a new piece of kit. ?confused

Eh, I don't know.? I think it depended on the show.

I've seen shows where Adler basically sat there like a log.? Ditto with Sorum. (Well, as much like a log as one can sit while pounding on the drums)

Where there character really shined (shone? shoned? you get the idea) was off stage, in interviews, backstage, etc.? All stuff Brain has yet to really do, to be fair.

I can certainly see the point that he's a bit bland, so far.? He gets no real face time with the audience (other than his ONE drum solo, so far, on the tour), he's tucked up on the riser, back on the stage where he's almost in shadow, and doesn't really get much of a chance to interact with anyone but, occasionally, Axl.?

I've seen him in other gigs, and he's a bit more animated.? Hopefully, as time passes, he'll get an opportunity to show it.

Together again,
m_a_r_t_i_n
Opening Act

....Loaded like a freight train....

« Reply #1037 on: June 08, 2006, 02:29:26 PM »

I saw some guy start filming on his phone as Paradise City kicked off. The phone went flying out of his hands and at the end of the gig he was on the floor trying to find the broken bits of it !
m_a_r_t_i_n
Opening Act

....Loaded like a freight train....

« Reply #1038 on: June 08, 2006, 02:32:33 PM »

And Bumblefoot threw a towel into the crowd at the end and 2 girls were fighting over it, both refusing to let go.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #1039 on: June 08, 2006, 02:36:16 PM »

I saw some guy start filming on his phone as Paradise City kicked off. The phone went flying out of his hands and at the end of the gig he was on the floor trying to find the broken bits of it !

rofl rofl rofl

Thats funny. I remember that happening to some bloke at the Charlton Chelsea match I went to in the Carling Cup when we beat them on penalties. Funniest thing I've ever seen.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: