Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 11:19:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Plants crying
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Plants crying  (Read 4083 times)
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« on: June 20, 2006, 12:26:09 PM »

I was reading a pdf documented book and it mentioned about vegetarianism and how it's pointless because they still kill plants. A farmer actually conducted an experiment and invented a device that converted the Plants "Cry" into a frequency human ears can hear and when they were malnutrified they started to cry. So plants do have a life. I find it really interesting and it makes a stance against Killing Animals For Food is Inhumane.

What ya guys think?

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 01:14:25 PM »

Well, that's interesting, but ultimately: we're humans. We're animals, too. It's as natural for us to eat both plants and animals as it is for a bear to do so.

The way we raise and slaughter some of these animals is questionable, but the fact that we eat them isn't.? It's the circle of life.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 01:17:48 PM by JennaSide » Logged

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 01:28:35 PM »

I'm a meatatarian............leave the plants alone you demons.  They've never hurt you or anything.  They're just trying to live their lives.  rofl

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 04:30:17 PM »

I was reading a pdf documented book and it mentioned about vegetarianism and how it's pointless because they still kill plants. A farmer actually conducted an experiment and invented a device that converted the Plants "Cry" into a frequency human ears can hear and when they were malnutrified they started to cry. So plants do have a life. I find it really interesting and it makes a stance against Killing Animals For Food is Inhumane.

What ya guys think?

Surely plants arn't concious in the same way as an animal is?
unoturbo
The Little engineer that could
VIP

With 5 million I could do what You spend 50mil on

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 06:50:23 PM »

Plah! Plants are crap. Also fire makes hissing sounds if you pour water on it, it must be being hurt.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
Evolution
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 07:40:13 PM »

I want to hear this clip of them crying.
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 09:08:35 PM »

So eating fruit kills plants.  You learn something new every day.
lald04
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 10:31:05 PM »

Omg, thats awesome. Is there any audio??

...its a miracle how long we can stay...[/i][/size]
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 01:48:37 AM »

Studies also show plants grow better if you talk to them, it can be argued this shows some sense of feeling.

George Carlin said it best, "Earth is nothing more than a revolving buffet table with weather. Everytime something eats, something dies."

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 07:51:01 AM »

Plah! Plants are crap. Also fire makes hissing sounds if you pour water on it, it must be being hurt.

you're probably right. For all we know water molecules could have a life that we don't know or we cant detect. That maybe explains why all organisms are made up of a bunch of atoms and molecules yet we have a life. So if we break down our DNA and split the chemicals that make up our DNA, they probably have a life we cant detect. But when those elements with life combine they form brand new substance or a new organisms.

I cant find any audio of it but if you want i can post my source of information.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 05:14:46 PM »

Studies also show plants grow better if you talk to them, it can be argued this shows some sense of feeling.

George Carlin said it best, "Earth is nothing more than a revolving buffet table with weather. Everytime something eats, something dies."

there ya go. and listening to classical music

Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 07:13:54 PM »

A friend of mine from college did this experiment in high school where his class grew lettuce. They put a sheet down the middle of their little farm, making two sides of lettuce. As the lettuce began to grow they performed their little experiment. On the one side of the sheet (side A), they did nothing unusual, but on the other side (side B) they randomly selected growing heads of lettuce and killed them. Pulled them out of the ground, cut off bits of them, etc. The unharmed lettuce from side B never grew and matured, but compared to the lettuce on side A it was considerably smaller and not nearly as healthy.
          I was not there for said experiment as I only knew the guy from college, but he is a trustworthy guy and I don't believe he would lie to me. It might have been an elaborate joke, but this guy is the kinda guy that would crack up in the middle of the story and yell "Gothca!" or something. Anyway, I though it was an interesting story.
         How can we accurately measure life anyway? Hell, fire seems like a living creature if you think about it. It is born, it eats, it gives off waste (ash), it reproduces (sparks fly off and create other fires). Sounds like a living creature to me. Not saying it is, just trying to make the point that we as humans don't really know shit in the scheme of things. We classify our world to help us understand it, but perhaos this is an impossible feat. Who's to say that rocks aren't alive? They aren't carbon based lifeforms but something else perhaps. Something that moves so slow in its functions that the human race will die out before we notice it.
         I believe in science. I believe in the classifications we make (even though the platypus and that other related animal kinda screw everything up). I believe in evolution. I believe in the big bang. I believe in the unplanned, coincidental creation of the universe. These beliefs of mine are strong, but they require a leap of faith. They cannot be proved.               
          Sorry, I don't know what that last paragraph had to do with plants. My point is that it seems plausible to me. The universe is so much bigger than us. How arrogant would any of us be to claim that we understand even the tiniest portion of it. We might have a pretty good idea, but we can't know for sure.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 08:10:04 AM »

i dont believe in evolution as it's flawed. Why on Earth would God want the creatures he created to evolve? Mutations are different.

I think god created organisms in different time frames to conquer previous organisms.

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 02:56:48 PM »

Why on Earth would God want the creatures he created to evolve?

Because He didn't. When sin entered the world, so did death. With death, some creatures naturally had advantages over others through natural selection. Before death, this didn't matter, but after sin came, evolution came with it. So, even from a Biblical literalist point of view, even fundies believe in microevolution.

Mutations are almost always harmful, but sometimes helpful. This problem is solved by overbreeding, so the weak can be killed off and the strong survive.

"Life" is a social concept. Lots of scientists think viruses aren't life. Lots of simians (known here in the US as liberals) think fetuses aren't life. Lots of intellectuals believe only those with higher celestial ideals (will to power), known as ubermenschen, are life. The term is even more meaningless than race.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 03:21:23 PM »

now i understand how bon jovi can sing.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 05:06:39 PM »

Why on Earth would God want the creatures he created to evolve?

Because He didn't. When sin entered the world, so did death. With death, some creatures naturally had advantages over others through natural selection. Before death, this didn't matter, but after sin came, evolution came with it. So, even from a Biblical literalist point of view, even fundies believe in microevolution.

Mutations are almost always harmful, but sometimes helpful. This problem is solved by overbreeding, so the weak can be killed off and the strong survive.

"Life" is a social concept. Lots of scientists think viruses aren't life. Lots of simians (known here in the US as liberals) think fetuses aren't life. Lots of intellectuals believe only those with higher celestial ideals (will to power), known as ubermenschen, are life. The term is even more meaningless than race.

But if God is omniscient than he knew said sin would eventually enter the world so he would have anticipated evolution, etc. Or maybe God isn't omniscient but an alien being of some kind (Phillip K. Dick anyone?). Too bad the Bible is written by man and has been changed thousands (probably hundreds of thousands) of times throughout the years that it has nothing useful to say about God. It's very interesting as an account of man's view of God and religion and how these varying views have changed the world but don't try to learn something about God or how the earth came to be from this book. Anyway, viruses are extremely interesting "beings". I myself doubt that they are alive. They seem more robotic than anything else. It's very hard for me to wrap my mind around them.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 06:33:12 AM »

and the qur'an hasnt changed. It was gods word written verbatim by man

Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 11:22:59 AM »

I only said the Bible because I assumed that it was implied we were discussing the OT creation story, God, etc. I apologize for my mistake. I'm sure the Koran has changed equally throughout the years. I'm not familiar enough with the Koran and its history to really have an opinion on it, but as it is an important religious text I would assume it has probably changed as much as the Bible.

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 04:05:10 PM »

I only said the Bible because I assumed that it was implied we were discussing the OT creation story, God, etc. I apologize for my mistake. I'm sure the Koran has changed equally throughout the years. I'm not familiar enough with the Koran and its history to really have an opinion on it, but as it is an important religious text I would assume it has probably changed as much as the Bible.

na it hasnt. believe me because of one fundamental practice in islam. To memorize the qur'aan wholly off by heart ISNT AN OPTION. So if someone reads something non-Qur'anic and believe in a mosque there'll be 1 in 20 who've remembered it out of 300 people lets say. Also previous generations that remembered the quran will notify changes in the qur'aan. It sounds basic but its foolproof. For so many generations there've been no "EDITIONS" of the qur'aan since all the chapters were collated. If someone recites the qur'aan wrong, a man who knows that chapter or memorised quraan will notice in an instant.

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2006, 03:34:01 PM »

I cant find any audio somebody help me please?

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: