Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:24:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  What if Izzy Wanted To Rejoin?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What if Izzy Wanted To Rejoin?  (Read 4544 times)
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« on: June 20, 2006, 06:20:52 AM »

Even though I don't think Izzy is interested in being a full-time member of the band again, I was still wondering the other night, if Izzy DID decide to rejoin, what would happen? Surely the band wouldn't keep four guitarists, so who would go? I figured Bumblefoot would, since he's only been in the band for a couple months or so, but isn't he the so-called lead guitarist? Who would be the new "lead" guitarist? Finck? Izzy? And knowing Izzy, I wouldn't be surprised if Axl would be hesitant to let one of the other guys go just for fear of Izzy suddenly deciding after a few weeks that he didn't really want to be part of it afterall.

Thoughts?

Here Today . . .
justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 06:29:37 AM »

it ain't gonna happen but if it did, i'm sure Fortus would have to go.

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 06:39:21 AM »

It wouldn't happen.

But if it did... it would be interesting. I'd say bumblefoot... BUT since axl seem to insist on a schredder  I DON'T KNOW...

Honestly. I only wanted richard and robin... they can totally handle the live duties. If izzy wanted to come back... i'd say boot bumblefoot... even though i love him.

but izzy isn't coming back so no worries

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 07:08:37 AM »

Izzy ain't coming back, but he did say in 2001 that if Axl asked him to rejoin fulltime he'd only do it with the original line-up, or atleast Slash and Duff. He said they'd talk and work things out.
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 07:57:04 AM »

yea  i honestly dont think hell ever come back full time, for a couple of reasons. 1) slash and duff arent going to come back, 2) axls happy with his band, 3) and izzy always hated the spotlight

thats one of the things that made him leave gnr in the first place, hes not the kind of guy to like all the attention he gets, so its not going to happen.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 08:55:26 AM »

yea? i honestly dont think hell ever come back full time, for a couple of reasons. 1) slash and duff arent going to come back, 2) axls happy with his band, 3) and izzy always hated the spotlight

thats one of the things that made him leave gnr in the first place, hes not the kind of guy to like all the attention he gets, so its not going to happen.

The whole thing would be alot easier if Axl this new band Gn'R.. I mean he is an asshole, but I am sure he wouldn't want to tell them all to take a hike while we do a reunion..  He could have had his thing, the others could have had VR and they could still get together and do the GnR thing once in awhile. Spit out an album and tour until they are sick of eachother again..

supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 10:03:34 AM »

interesting question. i thought about it a few times but i can't decide.

my favourite guitarist until the budapest show was finck. but after seeing them live i am really starting to like richard a lot more and i think ron is great too. so it's hard to choose one of them.

i really like the guys in gnr now and if an original member would decide to come back i wish they'd all come back and have a full reunion or leave the current members do their own thing

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 11:50:48 AM »

id want finck to go, his antics onstage and his image are uncool IMO and he does not do slash's solos any justice at all IMO

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 07:53:58 AM »

he has to stick with the new because he has to do those albums, or at least cd.. If izzy stayed and richard or ron left it wouldn't phase anything.. No one at these concerts would know the difference,.,...
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 07:58:29 AM »

Then, Pittman would have to go.  hihi But Izzy won't rejoin.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 08:13:20 AM »

the most I could see Izzy doing is co-writing with Axl and special guest spots like he's done recently.....

He could be the roving guitarist of VR and GnR

plus do his own solo material hihi
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 01:44:17 PM »

Izzy ain't coming back, but he did say in 2001 that if Axl asked him to rejoin fulltime he'd only do it with the original line-up, or atleast Slash and Duff. He said they'd talk and work things out.

He said that five years ago, things may have changed since then.  I don't think he'll rejoin (though I'd live it if he did) but I think we ought not to base our opinions of five year old quotes.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 01:59:22 PM »

I don't listen to anything anyone said in the past, some quoting is cool to stress facts but what someone says years prior means shit today... Friendships desire to do things all that shit changes over time.. Growing up I didn't eat this or that now I like the foods, nothing is written in stone when it comes to this type of shuit.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 02:37:08 PM »

If it happened, which it wont, bumble would be gone.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2006, 03:18:09 PM »

no doubt, I mean who knows how long he's in anyways..
makane
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 04:48:48 PM »

Why Bumble? Didn't Axl say "Richard was the nearest to Izzy so I choose him" -or something like that. So wouldn't it be logical that Richard would be gone?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 05:31:33 PM »

Why Bumble? Didn't Axl say "Richard was the nearest to Izzy so I choose him" -or something like that. So wouldn't it be logical that Richard would be gone?

No, if Izzy came back Richard would get bumped up to lead with Robin because he has worked on the album. Bumble hasnt done anything at all on the album so it would be pointless to keep him and toss away Richard (who is a superiour player).
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 05:41:11 PM »

put it this way, if izzy wanted a reunion he could make it happen!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: