Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:42:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt Sorum: 10 Songs Ready For New CD
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt Sorum: 10 Songs Ready For New CD  (Read 8850 times)
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 04:19:49 PM »

Thats fantastic news....I'm so pumped up for some new VR stuff...I really hope slash lets loose on this album too.... unleash the beast again i say!! peace

I read somewhere yesterday that Slash was in the studio for an entire day recording one solo.. That is encouraging..

That does sound cool....i mean slash is capiable of jaw dropping solos when he's in form. i'm getting excited just thinking about it!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 06:05:44 PM »

the solo thing could mean anything, I rather not get super high hopes just wait till I hear it..
RichardNixon
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 06:55:19 PM »

Regardless of when the album is done, "Chinese Democracy" is going to come into play with it's release. No way it's coming out within at least six months of each other--just my guess.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 07:01:47 PM »

I think they'll come out close, just no one expects any vr album to come close sales wise to cd.. To long of a wait, so much hype no matter what cd wil have it's day
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2006, 07:21:38 PM »

Thats fantastic news....I'm so pumped up for some new VR stuff...I really hope slash lets loose on this album too.... unleash the beast again i say!! peace

I read somewhere yesterday that Slash was in the studio for an entire day recording one solo.. That is encouraging..

That's good news, one of the letdowns of the VR album was that Slash's solos weren't as strong as expected, it seemed like he intentionally stayed subdued in order to distance himself from the GnR style or something.  But there were still some great solos on that album like the ones on Loving The Alien, Fall To Pieces, Slither and so on.  But it would be nice to hear more "big" Slash solos on the next VR album  peace
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 10:00:08 PM »

another thing that was wrong with Contraband was that every song was so formulaic...like this is where the intro goes, this is where the bridge goes and this is where the solo goes, now back to the chorus & finally lets stick a guitar outro here
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 10:42:40 PM »

another thing that was wrong with Contraband was that every song was so formulaic...like this is where the intro goes, this is where the bridge goes and this is where the solo goes, now back to the chorus & finally lets stick a guitar outro here

Yeah they really took no risks on that album and GnR was always about taking risks.  Contraband was a very good hard rock album, one of the best true hard rock albums of the new millenium but it was a little too safe and a lot of the songs lacked replay value.  Hopefully they'll take a few more risks on this new album and have some more of those trademark Slash riffs and solos  beer
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 10:50:59 PM »

This is great news...thanks to Matt for an actual update!  I think it is going to be an incredible album.  I think the time off gave the chance for the band to be really creative.. I am pumped to hear how Slash and Scott mesh on this album.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2006, 04:05:57 AM »

Im looking forward to it a lot. I bag on Contraband more that it deserves and Im not that hot on Weiland, but fuck it. They are all good at what they do and I still listen to the better songs on Contraband.

I wonder when he says "10 songs worked up" what he means exactly? Written/demos/final version?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2006, 04:26:24 AM »

Im looking forward to it a lot. I bag on Contraband more that it deserves and Im not that hot on Weiland, but fuck it. They are all good at what they do and I still listen to the better songs on Contraband.

I wonder when he says "10 songs worked up" what he means exactly? Written/demos/final version?

could mean ideas done or in the pot..  Work up a plan basically, could mean many things but it's good signs either way,,
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006, 08:11:03 AM »

Where's GnR Croatia telling us Gilby said it'd not true and there done hihi
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2006, 11:47:38 PM »

so its going to be a 10 track album? hmm bit small really. sounds rushed to me

Sometimes that works well, e.g., Lies, which was done in a very short period of time, like one day or something.
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2006, 02:05:47 AM »

isnt monster house that new rob zombie cartoon flick?

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2006, 10:06:12 PM »

so its going to be a 10 track album? hmm bit small really. sounds rushed to me

he said? about10 were done, he didn't say a 10 song album.. Well that's not the impression I got..

Same here, I think VR might try to overdue it bc of the imminent CD release, I wouldnt be surpised if VR had 19 tracks on the album

Bumblefeet
Rocker

"The fuckin fighting Irish"-Axl 9/6/06

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2006, 06:08:27 AM »

no i donht think that its a rushed album. theyt took a lot a time this time around compared to contraband and they are very close so it shud be amzin!

Oh My God, you can't deny this...it's fuckin coming!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2006, 06:17:17 AM »

there's no such thing as rushing if you like what you did, if you are the type that has ideas then gets busy there's no reason to take years..
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 07:46:00 AM »

there's no such thing as rushing if you like what you did, if you are the type that has ideas then gets busy there's no reason to take years..

I agree.. Some of the best songs were written in minutes and the best albums recorded in weeks....

darkmonth
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2006, 04:40:32 AM »

From blabbermouth:-

VELVET REVOLVER drummer Matt Sorum (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) has posted the following message on his official blog:

"Have been hard at work on the new VELVET REVOLVER stuff. We have been working five days a week for the last month. And have about 10 songs worked up. Going to work in my studio for another couple of weeks. Then start rehearsing for our mini-tour of the West Coast. Then back in the studio to complete the album."

Oh Matt, you work so hard...

I, and many many other people work 5 days a week for most of the year, one month ain't all that much really... hihi

You're taking it out of context ... he's not moaning or bigging up him working for 5 days a week ... he's saying they've worked 5 days a week on the album... ie:  "don't worry guys, we've put time into this project instead of others at the mo... so it's coming along"...

rather like you saying to your boss "don't worry, for the last 5 days a week in the month I have flipped Big Mac's, not quarter pounders...."

Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: