Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:19:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bon Jovi Choir Boy's at it again:
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bon Jovi Choir Boy's at it again:  (Read 2726 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« on: June 19, 2006, 09:05:02 PM »

One question, curly keyboard-musak-playing turd, do you need a tampon?  Some kleenex?  Need to go to bed early with some milk and cookies?  Is mommy on tour with the boys or what?

http://musicnews.virgin.net/Virgin/Lifestyle/Music/virginMusicNewsDetail/0,13556,1286169_music,00.html

RichardNixon
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 09:09:36 PM »

This is the same story as the other thread in the music section, nothing new. Who cares anyway.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 09:11:32 PM »

"We will never ever do that to our fans. It's an honour and a big gift to get to where we are"

Ever wonder if he's saying that because it's a miracle Bon Jovi even *has* any fans left? Does anyone even care about them anymore? That's what it's really about, a washed up 80s band pissed that world+dog care more about Axl eating steak at a restaurant or being late on stage than their latest album collecting dust in the discount bin.

Bon Jovi were at best a magnet for chicks in their heyday and that's gone now so what's left? Warmed over ballad rock that's neither original nor even entertaining? Hell the only song I remember by them is Blaze of Glory, and only because it was on the Young Guns soundtrack.

Sorry but yes Axl's an ass at times, but idiots trying to use that to somehow make themselves look better = pathetic.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 10:21:50 PM »

Does anyone even care about them anymore?

Well, I think they are playing 3 nights at Giants stadium in July, Soldier field, Hienz Field, Gillete Stadium; not bad for a band nobody supposedly "cares" about anymore. People on this board can slag Bon Jovi as much as they want in terms of what they think about his music and the quality of it, but just recently became the first rock band to have a number 1 single on the country charts. The guy is still making relevant music and has sold a staggering amount of albums, and is selling out venues Axl or New GNR could only dream of without the benefit of a festival.

I think the original Guns were a much more formidable band, but it is hard to argue with the body of work and success Bon Jovi has experienced over the past twenty some-odd years, managing to continually reinvent themselves and yet stay relevant.
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 10:55:52 PM »

...but it is hard to argue with the body of work and success Bon Jovi has experienced over the past twenty some-odd years, managing to continually reinvent themselves and yet stay relevant.

hmm sounds like selling out too me...besides the only way that jon bon jovi has stayed relevant and in public eye throught the last 6 or 7 years was by appearing in sitcoms like "ally mcbeal" & "sex in the city" as a love interest of characters in these shows. (very rock star i might add)  the audience of these types of girly shows is the same people buying his crappy music & goings to his lame ass shows!  i mean c'mon just listen to the lyrics of that last hit that they have, "who say's you cant go home"  it doesnt get much worse then this people

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 11:07:09 PM »

Does anyone even care about them anymore?

Well, I think they are playing 3 nights at Giants stadium in July, Soldier field, Hienz Field, Gillete Stadium; not bad for a band nobody supposedly "cares" about anymore. People on this board can slag Bon Jovi as much as they want in terms of what they think about his music and the quality of it, but just recently became the first rock band to have a number 1 single on the country charts. The guy is still making relevant music and has sold a staggering amount of albums, and is selling out venues Axl or New GNR could only dream of without the benefit of a festival.

I think the original Guns were a much more formidable band, but it is hard to argue with the body of work and success Bon Jovi has experienced over the past twenty some-odd years, managing to continually reinvent themselves and yet stay relevant.

I would like to see fag boy Bon Jovi  headline major festivals  by himself without the original members  and without releasing any material for 13 yrs.   That is the true test,  when he is able to accomplish that  then you can start comparing him with new GNR.   Fact is that if the original GNR got back together  it would kick Bon Jovi's ass in ticket sells  and stadium tours.   Bon Jovi is a fuckin joke in the rock world ,  Axl may be the most hated rock star on the planet  but he is respected much more than this douche bag can ever dream of.  That is why he fuckin whines about Axl getting all this press. He hates Axl's legendary status,  I wish that twat would just shutup and worry about his arena football team.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 11:08:53 PM »

I think Jon should worry about his own band and his own music.

He comes off as whiney and jealous, not very endearing at all.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
RichardNixon
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 11:22:24 PM »

You guys better watch it, or else D is gonna flip out and kick all your asses.  hihi
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 11:34:38 PM »

While bon jovi hasn't done anything cool since 'these days' you can't say no one cares about them. They sell out places where axl could never these days... yes yes yes.. if gnr was original they'd kick bon jovi's ass... but whatever.

No one can say bon jovi hasn't been successful, or isn't still sucessful.

Are they as cool as gnr... NEVER
Should bon jovi shut his jap about axl.. Absolutely
Is bon jovi successful.. yes

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 11:35:43 PM »

lol at someone mentioning the world "relevant" and bon jovi in the same sentence...

Bon Jovi is a corporate nostalgia act extracting every last cent out of its listenorship...

Guns N Roses isn't.
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 11:40:38 PM »

John Bon Jovi is a fag, David Bryan too
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 11:42:35 PM »

Oh Bon Jovi's keyboarder doesnt like Axl!

Maybe he and Pittman can get in a diss war.
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 12:08:25 AM »

" would like to see fag boy Bon Jovi  headline major festivals  by himself without the original members  and without releasing any material for 13 yrs.   That is the true test,  when he is able to accomplish that  then you can start comparing him with new GNR."

I love Guns N Roses, I think Axl is an amazing talent both on stage and in the studio (a rare combination).  He is a true musician. 

But only on this board could anyone misconstrue a canceled tour and a decade of musical silence as badges of honor.  These career road blocks were self created, and whether it is fair or not Jon Bon Jovi is far more relevant in music right now than Axl Rose.  Bon Jovi makes a different type of music and caters to a different crowd than GnR ever appealed to.  Im certain he's not jealous of Axl, and Axl certainly is content with his place in rock n roll lore.  Some of Axl's fans however, are clearly a different story...
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 12:20:25 AM »

lol at someone mentioning the world "relevant" and bon jovi in the same sentence

But what would you consider 'relevant' then? ?They had a cross-over chart topping country single, and are still selling tons or records, getting mass radio play, and selling out stadiums on their own. It has to be a little more than nostalgia because their are plenty of older acts out there who aren't getting mainstream radio play and coverage the way Bon Jovi does.

What is relevant music anyway if people are buying the albums, requesting singles, and buying tickets in droves to see it played isn't the criteria? I think we all over-analyze things a little bit sometimes and lose perspective of what people make music for in the first place.

I would like to see fag boy Bon Jovi ?headline major festivals ?by himself without the original members ?and without releasing any material for 13 yrs.

You could say the same thing about Axl, I would venture to say he wouldn't be headlining major festivals right now if he weren't using the name, so Axl himself hasn't really accomplished so much as he is still living off the name created by himself and those who are no longer in the band.

Fact is that if the original GNR got back together ?it would kick Bon Jovi's ass in ticket sells ?and stadium tours.

I doubt it would kick their ass, but it would at least give GNR a chance to play stadiums again on their own. I think if anything your quote reinforces how impressive it is that even after 20 years and no significant line-up changes that Bon Jovi still sells out stadiums and the music public hasn't gotten bored with or soured on them. They don't need a reunion gimmick to sell stadiums because they are doing it as is.

I am far from the biggest Bon Jovi fan on this board, but I am willing to call a spade a spade and admit that for all the cheesey/corporate rock talk thrown around, they are still getting out there and doing it like very few bands out there. I saw them in November of last year, and it was an awesome show. They played like 25 songs for 2-1/2 hours straight at a really high energy level. It was one of the more fun shows I have been to. I saw Axl in May as well, and that was fun too. I don't preclude myself from enjoying a good show because it wasn't GNR related.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 12:21:32 AM »

" would like to see fag boy Bon Jovi? headline major festivals? by himself without the original members? and without releasing any material for 13 yrs.? ?That is the true test,? when he is able to accomplish that? then you can start comparing him with new GNR."

I love Guns N Roses, I think Axl is an amazing talent both on stage and in the studio (a rare combination).? He is a true musician.?

But only on this board could anyone misconstrue a canceled tour and a decade of musical silence as badges of honor.? These career road blocks were self created, and whether it is fair or not Jon Bon Jovi is far more relevant in music right now than Axl Rose.? Bon Jovi makes a different type of music and caters to a different crowd than GnR ever appealed to.? Im certain he's not jealous of Axl, and Axl certainly is content with his place in rock n roll lore.? Some of Axl's fans however, are clearly a different story...

I had no idea ?so many Bon Jovi fans ?visited this message board. ? ? Axl could have released shitty albums over the yrs ?and stayed "relevant " ?but unlike Bon Jovi ?Axl cares more about the music ?than the cash.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 12:23:51 AM »

I think Jon should worry about his own band and his own music.

He comes off as whiney and jealous, not very endearing at all.

You know it wasn;t Jon who said that stuff, right?

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 12:29:45 AM »

Bon Jovi holds as much weight as Kiss or Justin Timberlake. Good marketing, but their music is a fucking joke. If somebody with talent like Mick Jagger or Jimmy Page slagged Axl then we could have an interesting argument, but Jovi is
a joke and he doesn't even realize it.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 12:35:04 AM »

I think many people are overrating the selling out of stadiums thing too much. ? Axl's new band consists of ?musicians the majority of the public ?don't even know . ?they have no new material released , ?so of course they are not going to be able to sell out 70,000-100,000 seat stadiums ?. ?If and when the new album is released ?if they are still not able to sell out stadiums on their own then I will concede that Bon jovi is the bigger and "better" band.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 12:36:13 AM »

I don't know why some of you people are pissed off at David Bryan's comments. I don't see anything wrong with what he said. It's basically true.

You know....Axl does make mistakes.

Shocked
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 12:39:04 AM »

I don't know why some of you people are pissed off at David Bryan's comments. I don't see anything wrong with what he said. It's basically true.

You know....Axl does make mistakes.

Shocked

It's not about what was said , it's about who said it. 
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: