Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:19:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl's attitude
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's attitude  (Read 10662 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 04:21:14 PM »

I grew up with GNR and I don't miss the old band. At all.

that is so weird, like who grows up with the original but loves the replacement band more.. The band that ruled the world and made the gnr name then the people who jumped on teh badnwagona dn get the free ride because of the past... Guess I'll never understand this logic..

I'll never understand why people take it so personally. I've already heard the old band, great yeah, but they were going down hill fast. Breaking up was the best thing for them.

I mean, if people don't like it why do they stick around? I think another album by the orginal band would have been boring as shit... to me, anyway. Robin is what got me interested in GNR again.?

I don't understand how another album from the old band would have been boring, they did afd lies the the illusions then TSi which doesn't count.. So basically they release 3 of the best albums and one of the best out? of four in rock..

I think robin is cool and all but he was nothing special in 01-02.. I am hearing just a lot of old tunes by a new band really.

The way you say I saw the old band already, like it was a phase or something.. That was the gnr that wrote everything played on the radio day in and day out, those are the solos and we love,....

As I said I'll never get it, I couldn't be into slash izzy duff axl for that amount of time just to say I saw them already who cares.. There was no others making music it was them, they are apart of those 90 million albums sold ,they are the only people thought of when gnr is mentioned
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 06:07:56 PM »

When I grew up we got a dog, a lovely, smart labrador. I loved that dog to bits, really. Then one day, our buddy passed away and I was in tears for days, until my parents bought me a new one, also a labrador. That day, I sold my heart to the new dog, because I was hurt so much by the death of the first that I needed something to direct my love at, it helped me forget about the old dog.

you should never forget about the things you loved....
loving that first dog..opened your heart to loving others..
if it wasn't for the first dog  where would you be?

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
TheMole
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2006, 03:27:25 AM »

you should never forget about the things you loved....
loving that first dog..opened your heart to loving others..
if it wasn't for the first dog  where would you be?

Yeah, that's what I'm saying: if it wasn't for the first dog, I would've realised the second one wasn't really all that, but instead a big fat lazy sloth...
It's only with time that I came to realise that though...
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 04:13:33 AM »

Just like me. This band is more GN'R to me than the old one.

I hope that a reunion thing will never happen.

As for Axl's attitude during the first half of Download, well, it was not an easy crowd ...

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 04:36:29 AM »

Just like me. This band is more GN'R to me than the old one.

I hope that a reunion thing will never happen.

As for Axl's attitude during the first half of Download, well, it was not an easy crowd ...

how the fuck can this band be more gnr then teh real gnr Huh

that's like saying queen is more queen without freddy mercury
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2006, 05:37:58 AM »

It's just because the old band never gave me a 'band' feeling, that's all ... They always seemed so appart.

Look for how long this line up is together. And they do seem more like a band nowadays.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2006, 07:37:31 AM »

and the sorry-ass hater bandwagon rolls along...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2006, 07:52:06 AM »

It's just because the old band never gave me a 'band' feeling, that's all ... They always seemed so appart.

Look for how long this line up is together. And they do seem more like a band nowadays.

that's insane, from their shows pre afd till the illusions started they always looked tight.. I can agree they weren't looking tight in 1992
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2006, 10:27:26 AM »

They made some great music together for the brief time they were together. But I got over the old group not being together 12 years ago. My life or love of other music didn't stop when they left GNR. When I heard about Axl making a new GNR album and saw who was in his band I got really fucking excited. It's nothing against the old band at all, I just dig this line up more. You're attached to the old one. That's the way it is. peace

Like I said, I was never attached to Slash or Duff. And I'm not going to knock this line up that I love just because of memories I have.

That was then this is now. I have no desire to revisit the past. I have the old records and I still listen to them sometimes, but not as much as the boots and leaks. I don't know how to explain it but this line up means more to me than the old one.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2006, 10:37:26 AM »

many people are attached to slash, eevry great gnr song is him ripping it up... many people think axl and whoever he hires is just acceptable ,like you'll just forget about everything.. If he's so new band and all how about he plays more then just afd covers for teh second straight tour and plays what his new band did..

I mean how can you think about the old band, afd songs, same two covers, izzy onstage, bach out there.. I mean geez it's like 15 years ago again..
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006, 11:47:33 AM »

I agree, he should play more new tunes. hihi

But see, you're enjoying the new shows... Enjoy the band, dude. You'll have a much better experience. Don't be a killjoy.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006, 11:55:29 AM »

Yeah but Id, man people say it's the past when I say I prefer the old band but it's like ok but how can I go to see a new band nad have all the music I loved from the old still in my face..

if I want to forget an X I don't keep pictures of her in my room hihi

I want new really, i enjoyed better more with them because it was theirs
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2006, 12:03:38 PM »

I understand where you're coming from. One of the things I looked forward to was hearing the new line ups take on the old songs. I just enjoy it for what it is.

Look at it this way: Your new girlfriend comes over and finds a sexy maid outfit that you got for your ex and that you love... Do you let her wear it? Or do you throw it under the bed because of the memories of your ex?

I'd have her wearing that shit. smoking

« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 12:13:03 PM by misterID » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2006, 12:26:33 PM »

I guess your favorite members are you favorite members no matter how many years pass, you can appreciate people or respect their talents but the love or devotion to the old or what you like can never be matched.. You always remember your first, or what made you get into something,...  I had those guys on my wall for 10 years, that was the only band that was more then music but a lifestyle... I am glad axl's back, I just really wish he had used a diferent name, would have been so much easier for all. I was perfectly fine with the idea gnr was over. most great bands fizzle out

Just like I'd see slash or duff for vr, I'll see axl for his work..
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2006, 12:37:29 PM »

Yeah but Id, man people say it's the past when I say I prefer the old band but it's like ok but how can I go to see a new band nad have all the music I loved from the old still in my face..

if I want to forget an X I don't keep pictures of her in my room hihi

I want new really, i enjoyed better more with them because it was theirs

When I saw them in 2002 the best part was the new songs like CD and Madagascar.. Those are the only new songs I liek anyway.. Those and "Oh My God" was goos 7 years ago. But that was cool to watch them play their songs. ?Watching them do all the GnR classics didnt do it for me at all.. Axl should rename the band and play 90% new shit with a couple old tunes here and there... That would be too risky for him though...

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2006, 12:43:57 PM »

Axl should rename the band and play 90% new shit with a couple old tunes here and there... That would be too risky for him though...

that would have been great, new band new name start with a clean slate.. The only risk would have been it would have been much harder work, he'd have to do smaller venues, less money and time for cd, plus he'd have to promote... The minute gnr's attached he has the world , vmas closing, money for cd with no time limit, and arena tours quickly, plus rio 3..
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2006, 12:48:20 PM »

Well... Seeing that its his band... That he's actually in... Playing the songs he had a part in making... In a band he never left... That he started... I think he can do whatever he wants with the name.

IloveGnR
Opening Act

One in a Million!!!

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2006, 12:50:19 PM »

Man I would have liked to been old enough to see the original band in concert.....I love that music......my babysitter used to watch the videos and pant and drool....I guess that?s why i started liking GN'R so much. Too bad I wasn?t born earlier!! love

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2006, 01:09:40 PM »

Well... Seeing that its his band... That he's actually in... Playing the songs he had a part in making... In a band he never left... That he started... I think he can do whatever he wants with the name.
an idea has to be started by one man, anyone can draw up something but the people you join forces with to build it are the true owners and people that made it.. people leaving is called breaking up, they wouldn't have onwed rights if it was just axl's band.. true they gave em away, but I have no doubts axl was not going to continue on unless they did..

A name is just that, the people in it that made the name are what matters
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2006, 09:20:50 PM »

Man I would have liked to been old enough to see the original band in concert.....I love that music......my babysitter used to watch the videos and pant and drool....I guess that?s why i started liking GN'R so much. Too bad I wasn?t born earlier!! love

Yeah the original band in concert was something to behold. (No disrespect to the new band). The stage presence and aura alone was MASSIVE...let along the cool music!! beer
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: