Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:27:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl's attitude
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's attitude  (Read 10675 times)
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: June 19, 2006, 04:38:15 PM »

Is it me, or was Axl really not into the Download performance....how will he gain acceptance from the non-die hards if he just stands around and gives a half ass performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyDje3LsHY0

that really sucks...
I know Tommy had something thrown at him and there was probaly some tech difficulties, but if I was there and witnessed Axl standing around and not even caring...well...what would I care...

very sub par performance...Axl can do better...better oohh  (haha)

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Origen
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 04:41:05 PM »

Bad Example. The Download Festival was like 2 different shows. The first half was a disaster with the band having problems and people getting rowdy. And the second half was an amazing show where Axl, the band and the crowd really got into it.
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 04:41:33 PM »

OK cool,  I was hoping that he wasn't a sour puss the whole show ok

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Origen
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 04:43:37 PM »

OK cool,? I was hoping that he wasn't a sour puss the whole show ok

It was only the first half of the concert so it's all good? peace Check out the Paradise City video from the TV broadcast from last night, he has alot of energy in it compared to the Better clip? ok
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 04:44:49 PM »

"We want Slash!" What bullshit! You'd think 10 years'd be enough to get over the druged up dude but no, a bunch of pissed (both ways) Englishmen yelling shit.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 04:47:22 PM »

"We want Slash!" What bullshit! You'd think 10 years'd be enough to get over the druged up dude but no, a bunch of pissed (both ways) Englishmen yelling shit.

Who would want someone who's died 5 times to be in your band? That isn't a good resume. hihi
Catt
Headliner

Do as you got to, go your own way

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 05:05:03 PM »

Who would want someone who's died 5 times to be in your band? That isn't a good resume. hihi

:hihi:that surely adds a bit of an edgy aura to the band smoking

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 06:00:31 PM »

We want slash we want duff hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 06:08:58 PM »

yeah I mean imagine the fans wanting the real gnr players...

They booed the shit out of him after better

english seem to not be taken so easily, can't just throw anyone up there with them

I wouldn't have said anything but someone always needs to throw in digs, like he was just some drugged up dude.. Fucking gnr fans Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 06:11:56 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 06:40:31 PM »

yeah fuck Slashand his resume which includes

AFD
LIES
UYI 1
UYI 2
TSI
ContraBand
  3 of the greatest solos ever recorded (according to various mags) SCOM, Nov Rain, Estranged

Some of the most recognizable and greatest riffs of all time
WTTJ
PC
Nightrain
etc....

and only inspired hundreds of thousands of guitar players

yeah fuck him

Roll Eyes

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 07:58:18 PM »

Is it me, or was Axl really not into the Download performance....how will he gain acceptance from the non-die hards if he just stands around and gives a half ass performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyDje3LsHY0

that really sucks...
I know Tommy had something thrown at him and there was probaly some tech difficulties, but if I was there and witnessed Axl standing around and not even caring...well...what would I care...

very sub par performance...Axl can do better...better oohh  (haha)

Like read the Download concert thread   Roll Eyes
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 03:31:17 AM »

yeah fuck Slashand his resume which includes

AFD
LIES
UYI 1
UYI 2
TSI
ContraBand
? 3 of the greatest solos ever recorded (according to various mags) SCOM, Nov Rain, Estranged

Some of the most recognizable and greatest riffs of all time
WTTJ
PC
Nightrain
etc....

and only inspired hundreds of thousands of guitar players

yeah fuck him

Roll Eyes

I forgive them, they are 17 and 13...? people that age never experienced anything but this..
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 04:00:53 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 04:47:37 AM »

Look i'm not anti the new band....but come on folks...Slash wrote the solos in all these songs we like, and a good deal of the riffs too...so unless the ONLY  GNR songs you like are the leaks...

I agree its pointless to call for him when he's not even in the same country and so not about to come out on stage. And noone denies the dude did a lot of drugs. But lets not insult the guy by pretending he wasn't a massive massive part of GNR's sucessess.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 04:56:17 AM »

I grew up with GNR and I don't miss the old band. At all.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 08:36:08 AM »

that is so weird, like who grows up with the original but loves the replacement band more.. The band that ruled the world and made the gnr name then the people who jumped on teh badnwagona dn get the free ride because of the past... Guess I'll never understand this logic..
TheMole
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 08:57:03 AM »

When I grew up we got a dog, a lovely, smart labrador. I loved that dog to bits, really. Then one day, our buddy passed away and I was in tears for days, until my parents bought me a new one, also a labrador. That day, I sold my heart to the new dog, because I was hurt so much by the death of the first that I needed something to direct my love at, it helped me forget about the old dog. It helped me not miss the old dog. I loved the new dog in every single way and thought it was the best dog in the world. When I grew up and went to live on my own, the dog stayed with my parents and I didn't think about him that much anymore. Come to think of it, I hadn't thought of the new dog for a long time until now. All my memories of me and my dog seem to be of the first one. Yeah... that was a damn good dog... I could talk to it in 'people speak', you know, just saying whole sentences and he would understand me... I would be like "wait here a minute for me will ya, I have to get something from the garage, but I'll be right back" and I would come back and it would be sitting there, waiting for me. That dog rocked!

Yeah, the second dog wasn't really that great at all... just laying there, getting fat, losing hair in my bed, being generally uninterested in anything I did... But it was there to fill the gap that the first dog left, I just didn't understand that at the time.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 09:06:40 AM »

Axl pouted through 1/2 of a show..  Thats a real shocker....

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 09:31:07 AM »

that is so weird, like who grows up with the original but loves the replacement band more.. The band that ruled the world and made the gnr name then the people who jumped on teh badnwagona dn get the free ride because of the past... Guess I'll never understand this logic..

I'll never understand why people take it so personally. I've already heard the old band, great yeah, but they were going down hill fast. Breaking up was the best thing for them.

I mean, if people don't like it why do they stick around? I think another album by the orginal band would have been boring as shit... to me, anyway. Robin is what got me interested in GNR again. 

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 09:38:48 AM »

I'll never understand why people take it so personally. I've already heard the old band, great yeah, but they were going down hill fast. Breaking up was the best thing for them.

I mean, if people don't like it why do they stick around? I think another album by the orginal band would have been boring as shit... to me, anyway. Robin is what got me interested in GNR again.?

yeah you are 100% correct.. Having Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff release an album would have been alot more boring than Axl releasing nothingin 13 years..  I have seen the light.

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 11:56:34 AM »

from what ive seen of download i wasnt too impressed either!!

you guys cant say you havnt missed slash, him duff and axl are guns n roses, just because axl owns the rights to the name, doesnt make the band so......the band is great though, but slash and duff coming back would be the greatest thing to happen in rock n roll ok since AFD

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: