Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:29:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Philadelphia DJ Loves Axl...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Philadelphia DJ Loves Axl...  (Read 4223 times)
Origen
« on: June 19, 2006, 03:58:00 PM »

...Well no not really at least not this DJ. The caller mentions that he was on time at the past few concerts.
? ? ? ? ?
Philly's 1st RoCK Station 93.3fm WMMR.com Pierre Robert gets fired on subject of Axl "Pose" Rose for not showing at past Philly Guns 'n' "poses" tour.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2354421596083223596&q=axl+rose&hl=en
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 04:00:01 PM by Origen » Logged
Steel_Angel
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 04:06:39 PM »

freee show?! YEAAH RIGHTT!! ROFL!!! LMFAO!!!!!!! that would be the day.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 04:18:53 PM by frozen Inferno? » Logged
RichardNixon
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 04:12:25 PM »

My dial up is really slow. Can someone just explain this.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 04:19:31 PM »

is some dj from philly ranting bout axl, saying he owes phily a free show and what not.
RichardNixon
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 04:21:16 PM »

I don't see anything about him getting fired?  Huh
RichardNixon
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 04:32:18 PM »

I think htey meant "fired up." To say he was fired is misleading.
Origen
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 04:39:16 PM »

I think htey meant "fired up." To say he was fired is misleading.
Yeah I assume thats what it is, "Fired Up" not "Fired" as in losing his job.

Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 07:30:23 PM »

First of all, I agree that Axl owes Philly an apology. There is nothing wrong with wanting an apology. Secondly I would like to say thatPierre is a great guy and a true music lover but he has an extreme hatred of Axl Rose. Most of it stems back to One in a Million, the Philly fiasco only adding fuel to the fire. Pierre rants on Axl now whenever he gets the chance to. For a person that is usually kind, peaceful, extremely well informed, and all around good natured, he really shows an ugly side of himself when talking about Axl. He is extreme in his judgement, he calls him names that he never uses on anyone else, including President Bush (whom he doesn't care for either) and he seems unwilling to learn more about the issues he has with Axl (though he acknowledges that there is probably more to the story regarding One in a Million but never follows through). Sorry for the rant, but I hate to see someone I respect abandon their values and become an ugly jerk anytime anyone mentions Axl. Once again, sorry for the rant.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 11:23:31 PM »

Pierre Robert (pronounced the French way) is one of the greatest DJ's Philly has.  He may hate Axl, and he seems to get fired UP about it (not fired over it) but that doesn't make him a bad person.  I don't know where Philadelphia rock radio would be without him as a DJ. love

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 11:55:42 PM »

i think axl owes an apoloy but a free show is hard. but it if was outside i can see it or if you had to prove you bought tickets last time you get in free

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 12:03:51 AM »

On May 16th I got this reply back from the assistant program manager at WMMR.  I just thought this was a nice reply.  peace

Brian,

Thanks for your email.  I love getting passionate, educated
emails from
listeners.  As part of the conversation on the air this morning,
Matt
Cord who does nights here at WMMR made some of the same points
that you
did.  Pierre's very protective of this town and the rock fans in
it.
He's as passionate a rock fan as anyone and just wants
Philadelphia to
get an explanation that is acceptable.  Hopefully we will all be
getting
one tonight as Axl may be calling Matt during his show.  Right
now, all
we have is the memory of being stood up by Axl and Guns that
December
night some years ago.  And no one, not even Axl has ever
addressed it.
So by default (right or wrong) he's gotten the blame all this
time.
Hopefully we'll get some great information soon and this wound
will
heal, then we can get back to the business of hearing and
celebrating
Guns and Roses - old and new.

Take care.

Chuck Damico
WMMR Assistant Program Director

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 2:36 PM
To: Chuck Damico
Subject: enough already

Chuck,

I've heard 2nd-hand that Mr. Pierre the dj's been insulting
Axl and
GNR. 
This is really unnecessary and in the long-run will hurt your
radio
station.
  Axl is what rock & roll needs so badly right now, a good,
swift kick
in
the ass!  I was at the Hammerstein on May 12th, and it was
absolutely
amazing!  Philly should be thankful they didn't get the '02
version of
Guns,
because the '06 incarnation is 10 times "Better."  I'm sick as
fuc!
listening to people slag off on Axl because they live in the
past.  The
new
material, of which all we've heard are live versions and old
demos, is
still
great stuff.  (There Was a Time, Better, and IRS once finalized
will
blow
you away, as will The Blues and Madagascar)

Nobody knows why Axl didn't show in Philly, was it his fault?
Clear
Channel's??  I don't know.  All I know is that time heals all
wounds,
and if
you want to see the best damn rock band out there today, you'll
see Guns
N'
Fuc!in Roses.

Sincerely,
Brian in Delaware :/

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 12:06:07 AM »

That kind of hatred ?is very childish ?if you ask me. ?I could undertand hating a criminal / terrorist ?but hating a singer he's never met ?over some stupid lyrics ?and dedicating so much time on the subject is pretty fuckin sad. ?This guy wants an apology from Axl ??lol ? I don't think Axl would even piss on this guy if he had a chance less is he going to give him the time to apologize ?, ?this guy is a nobody. ? As far as the city of Philly goes ?, all i have to say is fuck them , these are the same people that cheer when ?athletes get hurt and boo Santa Clause lol ?. Karma is a bitch isn't it?? ?They got what they deserved. If I were Axl I would schedule another Philly concert ? ?and never show up ?just to piss them off even more. ?I don't remember Axl giving St. louis , Montreal ?or ?vancouver an apology, what makes Philly so special ??

P.S ? ?Philadelphia women are perhaps the ugliest ?creatures in America. ? Any ?woman under 210 lbs. ?is considered skinny ? ?in Philly. ? Mix in a salad once in a while for christ's sake!
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 08:04:34 PM »

As far as the city of Philly goes? , all i have to say is fuck them , these are the same people that cheer when? athletes get hurt and boo Santa Clause lol? . Karma is a bitch isn't it??? They got what they deserved. If I were Axl I would schedule another Philly concert? ? and never show up? just to piss them off even more.? I don't remember Axl giving St. louis , Montreal? or? vancouver an apology, what makes Philly so special ??

P.S? ? Philadelphia women are perhaps the ugliest? creatures in America.? ?Any? woman under 210 lbs.? is considered skinny? ? in Philly.? ?Mix in a salad once in a while for christ's sake!

What makes Philly so special,dickhead?!? Try us being one of the largest fuckin' cities in these United fuckin' States!! Try 6 FUCKIN' MILLION in the region. THAT'S why,jerkoff.? ?yes
? Where do you live?!?

And yes,we have cheered at athletes getting hurt,like Michael Irvin ending his career here/having to be taken out by ambulance (that was SO hilarious!) and booed Santa Claus-which was like 40 fuckin' years ago-and also thrown snowballs at him and countless others. And D-cell batteries. And snowballs with batteries in them.
 Who gives a fuck?!? Can't ya take joke bitch?? Cry

And as far as you thinking all Philly women are fat.....brother,I KNOW you ain't never been to Philly.? no If you had,you couldn't say shit about that.

MATT
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 12:03:45 AM »

Warning!  Let's knock the insults off.  If you've got issues with someone, take it to pm. 
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 12:40:09 AM »

i used to think pierre was cool too, but then over the years i met mmr employees, ex-interns, and lots of other people that informed me that his radio personality is completely the opposite from his real one. hes apparently a stuck up, egotistical jerk, who parades around with headshots to hand out at a moments notice and will always try to steal a couple minutes of fame when ever he can get the chance.

but i guess thats the way people behave when they are only regionally famous.

also, youd think that working in the music business he should realise that there are legal reasons in situations like a cancelled concert that could prevent people from discussing the matter, and without any real word on what happened, its kind of hard to blaim any specific person.

and if anyone was interested, they didnt put the part in there where he explains why he isnt a fan of guns n roses, and basically the reason is because of the song one in a million. being a gay man, i think peirre took offense too it, but again, being a person in the music business you would think that he would understand that sometimes songs are written in a character expressing a point of view that isnt always your true feelings.

i used to think this guy was a cool radio personality, now i just think he is an ignorant fool.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 12:46:03 AM by kunzerd » Logged

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
cheeser
Rocker

Guns N' Roses

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 02:15:55 AM »

also, youd think that working in the music business he should realise that there are legal reasons in situations like a cancelled concert that could prevent people from discussing the matter, and without any real word on what happened, its kind of hard to blaim any specific person.

the concert was not cancelled for any "legal reasons" that night that Axl could not have taken care of himself.  The band was there, he just didn't show.  Axl is just afraid to face the fact that he screwed over a whole city that night.  Why didnt he cancel the concert in the morning or afternoon?  why make everyone show up including the opening acts (and have them perform), and then give no reason for showing up?  Axl fucked over Philly that night.

I give Pierre Robert credit for being pissed.  I got screwed at that show as well.  but he does take it a bit too far.  whenever its brought up on the radio, he always calls them "guns n' posers", refering to the new band.  and he only plays old guns music because the station makes him do it. 

Matt Cord(wmmr night show) on the other hand was at one of the hammerstien shows in NYC, hung out with Axl afterwards, and tried to get him to call the next day.  Axl still hasn't called WMMR and has never spoken a word about the cancelled show.  2 words: "I'm sorry."  thats all he needs to say.  might not too easy for him to say, but he sure as fuck can say it legally. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 02:17:56 AM by cheeser » Logged

All the love in the world couldn't save you...
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 02:51:15 PM »

the concert was not cancelled for any "legal reasons" that night that Axl could not have taken care of himself.? The band was there, he just didn't show.? 

i didnt mean that the concert was cancelled for legal reasons, but because of the cancellation and the legalities of the situation afterwards it makes sense that he wouldnt talk about it.

from what i understand the venue knew the entire time that he wasnt there yet continued to let people in and serve drinks. they finally made the announcement after 1030 that there would be no show. they waited so long to make the announcement because of the hockey game at the spectrum. they wanted to parking lot to clear out for the hockey fans so they wouldnt get caught up on the possible riot.

and even if axl wasnt there at 10, or 1030, i wouldnt have expected him until after 11. who knows, maybe he wouldve shown up. but the people in charge were probably too worried about what happened in vancover and decided to pull the plug (which coincidentally was what happened in vancover).

i was there, and i was temporarily pissed. but i got over. it wasnt personal, it was the gnr legacy. i saw him at hammerstein and all is forgiven. i think this free show idea is retarded, and i hope axl never deals with mmr because of the behaviour of its staff. other bands have cancelled shows in that area dozens of times, but ive never heard of deep purple, or ELP, or the doors being on mmrs shit list. why? cause its popular to hate axl.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: