Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:28:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Better at Download Who or What Hit Tommy I see nothing
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Better at Download Who or What Hit Tommy I see nothing  (Read 17001 times)
Brody
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2006, 11:46:17 AM »

Its happens with all bands that change out a member... let alone an entire band! Its bound to happen just ignore it!
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2006, 11:49:34 AM »

the thing with the slash chants is their not playing to a 100% GNR crowd, so ur bound to get some smart arse's in the crowd.

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2006, 11:52:32 AM »

Why would anyone got to vr gig wanting gnr, the sign clearly says vr, at a gnr gig some might expect something else

To put it simple at a vr gig you don't expect axl, at a gnr gig to some who isn't swift on new gnr they might be let down...
When oh my god first aired I didn't know who was in gnr really, I had no idea it was still going on, that's the truth..

Throwing anything period wether a concert or a baseball game is wrong beer

true mr rage, if other bands played I might not know anyone but who I remembered and would be like WTF is this, and who are they

Difference between a multi band festival and an actual new gnr concert..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2006, 12:05:27 PM »

Surely now Axl seems to be prudent and able to control himself well.
My point is that Tommy's expressing his righteous anger against flying pissbottles also helped Axl stay cool.
Beside, the mood of the place changed after that, didn't it?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2006, 12:12:22 PM »

Why would anyone got to vr gig wanting gnr, the sign clearly says vr, at a gnr gig some might expect something else

To put it simple at a vr gig you don't expect axl, at a gnr gig to some who isn't swift on new gnr they might be let down...
When oh my god first aired I didn't know who was in gnr really, I had no idea it was still going on, that's the truth..

Difference between a multi band festival and an actual new gnr concert..

when i saw VR there were some Axl chants...quite a few actually...and there were where's slash chants when i saw gnr in '02....alot of casual fans just want Axl and Slash together (and diehards too i suppose, diehards are just informed to the band composition is all)

My point is that Tommy's expressing his righteous anger against flying pissbottles also helped Axl stay cool.

Haha yeah it did but like i said i have a feeling it woulda been an empty threat, but I'm just glad it went down without something drastic happening...to see that means to me like he's not gonna let anything stop him this time beer

...and you have a point to see Tommy pissed, it might have made him feel better to see that the rest of the guys were pissed-off too...who knows...

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2006, 12:20:48 PM »

when i saw VR there were some Axl chants...quite a few actually...and there were where's slash chants when i saw gnr in '02....alot of casual fans just want Axl and Slash together (and diehards too i suppose, diehards are just informed to the band composition is all)

I mean yeah that's what many want, it's like both sets of guys are all making music now, why not together..? Believe me I wish axl was up there to a point too when I see slash n duff.. i think it's normal being that's the only way I remember them.. trust me the die hards want it, that's what makes em die hards... There's tons of axl only fans so it's not a biggie to them
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2006, 12:22:34 PM »

Surely now Axl seems to be prudent and able to control himself well.

I see your point, I meant he would have just did a st louis back in the day.. he definetly helped grabbing the mic.. But when axl's ready to fly it doesn't matter who is there hihi I didn't see the rest so I can't say anything..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2006, 01:02:06 PM »

here's a different one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyDje3LsHY0
No dout he gets hit, just hard to see, I see reaction more then anything
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 01:06:49 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2006, 01:09:05 PM »

i would be just as pissed off, if not more, myself. what a bunch of fucking idiots showing up to a concert just to moan.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2006, 01:14:37 PM »

i would be just as pissed off, if not more, myself. what a bunch of fucking idiots showing up to a concert just to moan.

if this is a festival then they might not have been there for new gnr only.
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2006, 02:36:30 PM »

another point to make is, GNR were the last act on, why hang around just 2 mock em?

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2006, 02:57:14 PM »

another point to make is, GNR were the last act on, why hang around just 2 mock em?

Are you kidding me?  There are tons of bands I'd love to hang around to mock ... I'd wait a long time to make fun of and scream at Metallica, for one. 

Obviously there are people who feel the same way about GNR ... and I can see why they might.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2006, 03:16:27 PM »

guess they figured they were already there and drunk so why not break some balls
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2006, 03:24:56 PM »

90% of the bands at Download were mock worthy for sure. An all out Emo and Nu-Metal fest. At least Jonathan Davis had the decency to not even show up, the twat. Blood poisoning, hmmmm, probably just spilt some lite beer on his stupid tracksuit which brought back so many terrible memories of abuse for the man.

That rant asides, I would say GnR are definitely mockable to people who dont like them - Scuse the poor joke but its so easy to take the piss out of a guy whos been pretty much in hiding for 10+ making a mythical album that has been showcased by (mostly) piano driven rock with an 8 piece band after ousting his entire previous band (save for Mr Dizzy 'Bongoes' Reed of course) and still calling it the same name. He doesnt help himself and thats what Im basically trying to say.

I mean, people dont go to an Ozzy show and pretend its Sabbath do they? Or a McCartney show and claim to have seen the Beatles?! If people mock then I can see why to be honest.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2006, 03:28:13 PM »

That rant asides, I would say GnR are definitely mockable to people who dont like them - Scuse the poor joke but its so easy to take the piss out of a guy whos been pretty much in hiding for 10+ making a mythical album that has been showcased by (mostly) piano driven rock with an 8 piece band after ousting his entire previous band (save for Mr Dizzy 'Bongoes' Reed of course) and still calling it the same name. He doesnt help himself and thats what Im basically trying to say.

that does make a lot of sense, I mean there are people that were devote to gnr, or love afd and remember how cool gnr was bursting out on the sene,,, I mean this is drastic changes all done in the shadows really after the band's courtship...  It's pretty easy to get what you're saying...
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2006, 03:30:43 PM »

Nice to see someone agree before I get shot down in flames Mike!

The point is - If you set yourself up to be a target, then your gonna be a target.

Not everyone in the world shares the views of the majority of people on these boards.

Seems straightforward to me.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Filipe_Guns
Headliner

You have no idea.....

« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2006, 03:37:06 PM »

this new GNR will be only really considered like a band when Chineses Democracy comes out. while they keep playing the old hits they're gonna always hear things like "wheres slash?" "this is a Axl's band".
This new band still need to prove that they are good enough to carry the name GUNS N ROSES.

"thanks to the lameass security, I'm going home"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2006, 03:37:49 PM »

Nice to see someone agree before I get shot down in flames Mike!

The point is - If you set yourself up to be a target, then your gonna be a target.

Not everyone in the world shares the views of the majority of people on these boards.

Seems straightforward to me.

Well we follow this shit very closely, I don't know if say a Motley crue metallica fan who just likes his bands would know the exact story line we do.. When band members switch or they miss shows I couldn't tell you I know about it, I just know the band name and who I remember in it..

yup they need an album and a tour with mostly their OWN music
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2006, 03:47:28 PM »

Seems another dead horse off topic to me. Roll Eyes

They're just sad people.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2006, 03:49:16 PM »

ppbebe I bet many of the people who stayed around were gnr fans, just not digging the whole change.. Plus they were drunk and that might bring out true feelings you might have held back otherwise..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: