Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:55:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Better at Download Who or What Hit Tommy I see nothing
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Better at Download Who or What Hit Tommy I see nothing  (Read 17010 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2006, 03:08:58 PM »

Anyway - I love Axl's band and his new music. it was a great gig. Quit ur moaning Tommy coz ur an exspendable asset.
thats a retarded fucking statement.   who the hell are you?
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2006, 03:10:12 PM »

thats a retarded fucking statement.? ?who the hell are you?

exactly what i was thinking
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2006, 03:12:46 PM »

exactly what i was thinking

Tommy is one of the most important members in this band.   Hes been there for almost a decade now, and he's always at Axl's side on stage, bullshiting and laughing.   Axl didn't have that kind of professional relationship with the old members, its guys like Tommy that are keeping Axl on stage nowadays. IMO.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2006, 03:44:08 PM »

And no one other than message board die hards in denile will ever consider this to be Guns N'Roses.

Or no one other than some message board old band die hards in denial will even argue against this not being Guns N'Roses in the near future.
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2006, 03:54:17 PM »

Tommy is one of the most important members in this band.? ?Hes been there for almost a decade now, and he's always at Axl's side on stage, bullshiting and laughing.? ?Axl didn't have that kind of professional relationship with the old members, its guys like Tommy that are keeping Axl on stage nowadays. IMO.

tommy is one of my favorite members ever, before i was agreeing with you, not with the other  guy who has a problem with tommy, i love tommy, i think hes amazing and i think hes the guy taht keeps gnr together
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2006, 10:14:39 AM »

You know tommy has been in the band just as long as duff now right?

Not quite Duff: 1985-1997 Tommy: 1997-2006. But point taken. Tommy certainly is an extremely important part of GnR nowadays. And is far from expendable as was said earlier.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2006, 10:18:56 AM »

why are people shocked a few chanted for slash or duf, I mean people don't all know the deal and they may really want the gnr they knew and loved.. if you want to continue a worldy famous band with none of the other people that created the music we love then you have to expect some of this..

many metal heads and hard rock fans that might have been there for other reasons don't agree with this change...
Jonathan
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2006, 10:20:22 AM »

Mike, I don't want to be an ass, but you say the same thing over, over and over again in different threads.

It's getting annoying, we know how you feel.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2006, 10:23:46 AM »

Mike, I don't want to be an ass, but you say the same thing over, over and over again in different threads.

It's getting annoying, we know how you feel.

well everyone says the same thing too, like it's a new band it's this or that drug addict isn't in the band or the new band is better, or I never want the old band back

As long as this is a gnr forum you have to take both sides.....

I wouldn't know tommy stinson if he was sitting next to me, I'm sure most had no clue who he was either

anyways wether reviews or opinions if it's not lovey dovey eevryone gets so bent and knocks everyone....

it would suck if everyone looked through the one way mirror all day, there'd be no reality
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 10:26:01 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2006, 10:34:59 AM »

You can just see if that was the old days axl would have either jumped in or stormed off, he really tried to keep calm..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2006, 10:45:11 AM »

if that was the old days axl would have either jumped in or stormed off,

cos he didn't have Tommy beside him.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2006, 10:47:21 AM »

Haha...no i think that he just knows that he's gotta do this right this time...and he's older and not as hot headed....none of the old guys wanted riots and cancellations either no

and he's aware that alot of oldtime gnr fans are pissed about this being a new band with the GnR name...he won't win them back by alienating them...he's gotta prove to them that these guys are for real and win them back...at least that's how i see it
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 10:50:12 AM by Neemo » Logged

anythinggoes
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2006, 10:50:30 AM »

Haha...no i think that he just knows that he's gotta do this right this time...and he's older and not as hot headed....none of the old guys wanted riots and cancellations either no

according to the NME's scaving review the festival was put on an Amber Alert because of the problems GNR was having red being the next stage and that was evacuation

so they say anyhow
estranged.1098
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2006, 11:00:39 AM »

why are people shocked a few chanted for slash or duf, I mean people don't all know the deal and they may really want the gnr they knew and loved.. if you want to continue a worldy famous band with none of the other people that created the music we love then you have to expect some of this..

many metal heads and hard rock fans that might have been there for other reasons don't agree with this change...

I wouldn't say shocked but it's an incredibly disrespectul thing to do.

If people don't agree with "this change" and want to whine about it then they should go to a VR gig and chant for "Guns N' Roses", because there are the two guys who quit GNR. Of course, it would also be wrong and disrespectful so I'm not saying anyone should do that; people should just accept that Slash and Duff didn't want to be in GNR anymore and just fucking move on with their lives. It's been 10 years already.

My advice to anyone chanting Slash at a GNR gig in 2006 or GNR at a VR gig is to stay the fuck home watching old videos. And if you don't hopefully you'll get kicked in the balls.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2006, 11:04:13 AM »

Tere is no excuse for people to throw shit at anyone at a concert.  That is just a case of the crowd acting like a bunch of drunk idiots.  Don't drink if you can't handle your alcohol.  But all these videos are focused on Axl most of the time, so to say I see nothing hitting Tommy is irrelevant, because the camera is not on him that much!

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2006, 11:12:50 AM »

and he's aware that alot of oldtime gnr fans are pissed about this being a new band with the GnR name...he won't win them back by alienating them...he's gotta prove to them that these guys are for real and win them back...at least that's how i see it

bravo on both, plus they are not the mega chart ruling band anymore or the band anymore.. 1991 axl's gone or in the crowd, this is last chance time
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2006, 11:16:42 AM »

Tere is no excuse for people to throw shit at anyone at a concert.  That is just a case of the crowd acting like a bunch of drunk idiots.  Don't drink if you can't handle your alcohol.  But all these videos are focused on Axl most of the time, so to say I see nothing hitting Tommy is irrelevant, because the camera is not on him that much!

yup.
exactly.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2006, 11:19:43 AM »

neither did Axl. But shit happens when you're alone in dealing with all the nuisanses on the stage, I guess.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2006, 11:23:51 AM »

neither did Axl. But shit happens when you're alone in dealing with all the nuisanses on the stage, I guess.

yeah it just kinda built up to a point where he couldn't handle it and kinda like the straw that broke the camel's back....but this time out he seems able to just let the little shit slide off...i think it's just being at peace with himself i don't think it has anything to do directly with Tommy....hell Tommy pulled off an Axl sized threat at Download hihi problem is i think it was an empty threat but because of GnR's past the threat was taken to heart hihi

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2006, 11:44:26 AM »

I wouldn't say shocked but it's an incredibly disrespectul thing to do.

If people don't agree with "this change" and want to whine about it then they should go to a VR gig and chant for "Guns N' Roses", because there are the two guys who quit GNR. Of course, it would also be wrong and disrespectful so I'm not saying anyone should do that; people should just accept that Slash and Duff didn't want to be in GNR anymore and just fucking move on with their lives. It's been 10 years already.

My advice to anyone chanting Slash at a GNR gig in 2006 or GNR at a VR gig is to stay the fuck home watching old videos. And if you don't hopefully you'll get kicked in the balls.

indeed, its extremely disresepctful and in bad taste.   Good post.  If its not someones cup of tea, they dont have to be there.  Chanting for Slash to the band tahts up on stage isn't going to do any good.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: