Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:31:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  crowd reaction
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: crowd reaction  (Read 4292 times)
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« on: March 07, 2006, 09:17:28 PM »

With these dates announced its gonna be interesting to see how quick or if they sell out. Im really interested in the Download festival because if you look at the bands that are playing in that festival besides metallica, are alot different than GNR. Do you think tool fans, prodigy fans, korn fans all accept Uncle Axl and his new group?
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 09:22:18 PM »

With these dates announced its gonna be interesting to see how quick or if they sell out. Im really interested in the Download festival because if you look at the bands that are playing in that festival besides metallica, are alot different than GNR. Do you think tool fans, prodigy fans, korn fans all accept Uncle Axl and his new group?

I think RDS has sold OK; the advantage of the festivals is that they sell out due to the total # of good bands, and GNR is not exposed to sole ownership of profit or loss at the gate.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 09:22:41 PM »

Absolutly.... 10000000000 percent...
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 09:29:50 PM »

I think gnr will be accepted pretty well around the world. From what I've heard over the years, gnr is still really popular in many parts of the world (Asia and South America in particular), it is just in North America that there is kind of an anti-Axl attitude among a lot of music fans.  Not quite sure why that is the case, but I think in general that is how it is.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 09:43:30 PM »

I think gnr will be accepted pretty well around the world. From what I've heard over the years, gnr is still really popular in many parts of the world (Asia and South America in particular), it is just in North America that there is kind of an anti-Axl attitude among a lot of music fans.  Not quite sure why that is the case, but I think in general that is how it is.

The shelf life in America is short compared to other countries.

We are like that with everything. It's gotta be new new new, or it sucks.

I obviously don't feel that way, but that is how most people think.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 10:09:42 PM »

Yeah it will be warmer and better out of America. Shame too. Ah well I will be yellin n cheering when it comes to the time of a GnR American tour.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 10:15:16 PM »

I think gnr will be accepted pretty well around the world. From what I've heard over the years, gnr is still really popular in many parts of the world (Asia and South America in particular), it is just in North America that there is kind of an anti-Axl attitude among a lot of music fans.? Not quite sure why that is the case, but I think in general that is how it is.

The shelf life in America is short compared to other countries.

We are like that with everything. It's gotta be new new new, or it sucks.

I obviously don't feel that way, but that is how most people think.

Well, maybe you're onto something here SLC, instead of New GNR, make it New, New, New GNR! ? peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 10:40:50 PM »

Does anyone have any relevant sales #'s regarding RDS Arena, or the Warsaw show?  I would imagine, that in Europe, in general, GNR will initially be better received than they would in the U.S., but if they knock it out of the park, it could be like Hendrix, who built his loyalty in Europe, which in turn drove U.S. demand.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 11:40:04 PM »

Does anyone have any relevant sales #'s regarding RDS Arena, or the Warsaw show?  I would imagine, that in Europe, in general, GNR will initially be better received than they would in the U.S., but if they knock it out of the park, it could be like Hendrix, who built his loyalty in Europe, which in turn drove U.S. demand.

Kinda like what David Hasselhoff did?  hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 11:53:10 PM »

Does anyone have any relevant sales #'s regarding RDS Arena, or the Warsaw show?? I would imagine, that in Europe, in general, GNR will initially be better received than they would in the U.S., but if they knock it out of the park, it could be like Hendrix, who built his loyalty in Europe, which in turn drove U.S. demand.

Kinda like what David Hasselhoff did?? hihi

rant
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 12:09:03 AM »

I think the "shelf-life" argument is very true, but also don't forget that GN'R has had FOUR (St. Louis, Montreal, Vancouver and Philadelphia) riots in North America, plus I'm not so certain how widely reported the whole Axl/domestic abuse thing was in Europe, as well as the whole break-up of the old band, and lastly, at least from what I've been told.... the alternative movement was about a tenth as popular in Europe as it was in North America... all that leaves most Europeans (at least the ones I know and have spoken to) feeling like Axl is still as great as he was in '92... and that he's just "taken some time off" for whatever reason... it's actually a very refreshing and innocent POV...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 01:50:19 AM »

Haha.. are you kidding me? Prodigy sucks anyway so I don't care, but Tool fans are gonna shit all over Axl, especially if he plays cheesy shit like "Catcher in the Rye", and Metallica fans - well they're band is just as washed up as Axl is, so I they'll probably be quiet.
Megaguns
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 07:13:16 AM »

a hell of alot of die hard metallica fans hate axl. If he comes out onstage with that gangsta look, he may get some sniggers from the crowd. Hopefully he will shut up all those people by delivering an awesome performance, and eventually an awesome album.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 07:20:43 AM »

Im a bit worried bout the 'tallica fans myself. They dont like Axl too much. If you post anything bout Axl not GN'R coz they all love Slash, but post anything bout Axl here http://www.metallicabb.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=6941a64da2e512d6819200e45ab4bf17 and they will drill ya.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Megaguns
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 07:22:59 AM »

Im a bit worried bout the 'tallica fans myself. They dont like Axl too much. If you post anything bout Axl not GN'R coz they all love Slash, but post anything bout Axl here http://www.metallicabb.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=6941a64da2e512d6819200e45ab4bf17 and they will drill ya.

peace
exactly, theres gonna be some major head butting goin on in that mosh...
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 07:26:46 AM »

peace

The only reason these Metallica fans dont like Axl is coz of James Hetfield bagging the fuck outta Axl on the "Year and a Half in the life of Metallica" Videos. I know us GN'R fans a pretty fuckin nuts but to lothe someone that much coz your favourite band dont like em is weak.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Megaguns
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 07:36:39 AM »

lol, i remember that vaguely.... It was funny. axl pose etc....

peace

The only reason these Metallica fans dont like Axl is coz of James Hetfield bagging the fuck outta Axl on the "Year and a Half in the life of Metallica" Videos. I know us GN'R fans a pretty fuckin nuts but to lothe someone that much coz your favourite band dont like em is weak.

peace
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 11:25:26 AM »

Haha.. are you kidding me? Prodigy sucks anyway so I don't care, but Tool fans are gonna shit all over Axl, especially if he plays cheesy shit like "Catcher in the Rye", and Metallica fans - well they're band is just as washed up as Axl is, so I they'll probably be quiet.

metallica fans probably remember the riot the same way we think of st louis... They feel axl or gnr itself should have made the show being james got burnt so severe.. Same way people sit here n cry about everyone that bad mouths axl, is the same way metallica fans view axl rose..  Sure say oh metallica fans are jealous or they suck now or whatever but they feel the same about axl.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 02:42:27 PM »

Metallica fans may not like Axl... but they better get used to him again... the new GN'R demos blow the fvcking doors off St. Anger- I'm certain of that much at least. Meanwhile, that whole idiotic Napster suit and that vagicil movie "Some Kind? of Monster" has all but cemented Metallica as the "sell outs" that Metallica fans used to claim that GN'R was... much has changed since '92. Metallica fans would be wise to shut the fvck up and pray to God that the Met boys rekindle some magic in the studio... I'll have ZERO patience for their garbage this time around... and I like Metallica.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 02:49:09 PM »

Metallica fans may not like Axl... but they better get used to him again... the new GN'R demos blow the fvcking doors off St. Anger- I'm certain of that much at least. Meanwhile, that whole idiotic Napster suit and that vagicil movie "Some Kind? of Monster" has all but cemented Metallica as the "sell outs" that Metallica fans used to claim that GN'R was... much has changed since '92. Metallica fans would be wise to shut the fvck up and pray to God that the Met boys rekindle some magic in the studio... I'll have ZERO patience for their garbage this time around... and I like Metallica.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but I don't think metallica fans are goiong to care for the blues maddy citr or twat the way other types of music fans might.. I think metallica fans might enjoy OMG, Better or IRS more....
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: