Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:30:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Thoughts from people that don't drink the kool aid on the new version of GNR
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thoughts from people that don't drink the kool aid on the new version of GNR  (Read 14999 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« on: June 17, 2006, 09:34:07 PM »

http://www.dinosaurrockguitar.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2846

As you can see, opinions are drastically different when you leave the fan forums......

These guitar players are awful in the clip the review.
Gaerder
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 09:50:18 PM »

fuckers... If blash had played the exact same thing they would have said it was awsome...
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 09:58:22 PM »

Funny how they use the RiR performance to bash the new band. Why don't they use Download's version of NR??  it's on Youtube also .    Dumbasses.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 10:00:57 PM »

fuckers... If blash had played the exact same thing they would have said it was awsome...

Well, that is a player forum, most there don't look too highly on Slash.  He is not "technical" enough, however, they do respect his feel and ability to write timeless solo's.  They just feel the solo's are butchered and Axl's voice sucks in this song.  Is it fair?  no.....  But was actually a good pro shot with good Audio, perfect to make and objective judgement.

I don't have a problem with anything they said, and neithe should any of us..
netrix
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 10:09:59 PM »

lets be honest.  Outside this board the new band does not have any respect.  You can't just take 10 + years off and put the title Guns N' Roses on a bunch of new guys and have the general public accept them like they were back in the day.  I expect to hear comments like these until CD comes out and establishes the new band in history.  I expect the new band will make their mark one day.  From the leaks, it sounds promising.  Until then we can't get frustrated about these kind comments.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 10:12:07 PM »

netrix, perfect attitude.  We are homers and always want to defend.  But it is good to see what others are thinking!  GNR still has a long way to go, but they are on the right track....Well, as long as the guitars are better on the album they are!
madagas
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 10:33:22 PM »

Like I'm going to sit here and listen to a fuckin' Auburn WAR EAGLE/TIGER/....we have no idea what our mascot is...on top of that, you probably never even saw the old band play...or the new band so you really have no basis to judge anything remotely related to a live Gnr show. I suggest actually going to a concert....ah fuck it...you go to AUBURN.  Roll Eyes
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 10:37:20 PM »

if slash would come back it would make everyones day

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
madagas
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 10:41:34 PM »

IF a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass a hoppin'....no it would not make everyone's day. Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 10:44:37 PM by madagas » Logged
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 10:42:04 PM »

Well, we don't give a shit about what they think, do we? I've watched a ton of boots from this tour and they sound damn good.  rant

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 10:49:37 PM »

the one Finck solo is really bad

Bumblefoot solo is really good not as good as a slash solo but good

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 11:08:16 PM »

http://www.dinosaurrockguitar.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2846

As you can see, opinions are drastically different when you leave the fan forums......

These guitar players are awful in the clip the review.

Why should I care what these people think? I like what I like, what other people think doesn't really matter to me as long as I enjoy it.
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 11:16:07 PM »

Well clearly they haven't listened to slash's solo's. Richard nails the solo note for note practically and has a ton of fucking emotion.... bumble is wicked. Robin can be iffy but can also be amazing...

I don't care what anyone else thinks... I love the new gnr.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 11:17:13 PM »

Its a set-up when you try to judge them by they rio audio....duh

...and theres dozens of examples of slash fucking up solos on the old bootlegs, but anything the new band does wrong they get crucified...people have these glazed over memories of the old band being perfect...remember november rain on the 1992 vma's? i remember cringing when slash was playing the solos. not bashing slash, most of the time he was fantastic, but he wasnt perfect by any means.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 11:24:12 PM »

I agree with most of those comments and I think outside the diehard element, that is/will be, the general consensus at this stage

they need to leave the classics well alone and play their own material, fullstop.

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2006, 11:31:20 PM »

"i liked Izzy's solo except for the bend, they were out of tune and sounded like he forced emotion into it. Which is of course never a good thing. "

hahaha that guy thought Richard was Izzy
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2006, 11:40:48 PM »

the thing is slash normally nailed these solos all by himself and on most nights one of the 3 mess it up

but who cares we have GNR back

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 11:42:16 PM »

but who cares we have GNR back

mmm.. this strain of GNR, is quite a different animal

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 11:42:50 PM »

LOL. So this is from the Rio broadcast in which half of the instruments were muted in the mix? umm...okay.  Roll Eyes

btw, Axl sounds great in that clip, but you can judge from several posters that their minds had already been made up before 

Fortus did his solo very well, btw.

Thal also was very solid.

Robin is...well...Robin.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 11:47:35 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2006, 11:50:12 PM »

Nice try, haters.

btw, Axl sounds great in that clip, but you can judge from several posters that their minds had already been made up before?
Why is it that anyone who doesn't worship every performance is labeled a "hater", and their minds were already made up? But people who praise it are labeled 100% correct? I dont get it. People should be able to give their honest opinion without labels being attached. If a non GNR forum thread that had a postive opinion about these guitarists was posted, would you say their minds were already made up?

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: