Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:24:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Towers Of London
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Towers Of London  (Read 8720 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 08:47:59 PM »

haha i heard that they had a fight with MCR or something.

i messaged the band over myspace (TOL) and they indeed.

something to do with, one of towers fligged a fag, must have hit mcr, whether purposefully or accidentally i dont know. but the gerrard had a rant and they had a ifght, or towers had a fight with MCR's security. i dunno the full facts. just it was all to do with a cigarette lol!

html sucks
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 08:55:41 PM »

who knows this band?? can't find any song on the net of them...

This is a desciption:

They look like M?tley Cr?e, act like the Sex Pistols and sound like Guns N' Roses.

So they are a relic of the past? Let them stay there

Seconded.

Bands like GN'R will never be back because culture has moved on. Some of the general sound may be there in their live acts but no band is ever going to capture the essence of Zep, Guns, Hendrix, Beatles, etc. ever - because they're products of their time and you can't turn back time.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 08:57:43 PM »

This is a desciption:

They look like M?tley Cr?e, act like the Sex Pistols and sound like Guns N' Roses.

but you could say that about any band playing rock music today.

If they play good music, what does it matter?
Seconded.

Bands like GN'R will never be back because culture has moved on. Some of the general sound may be there in their live acts but no band is ever going to capture the essence of Zep, Guns, Hendrix, Beatles, etc. ever - because they're products of their time and you can't turn back time.

html sucks
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 09:02:23 PM »

This is a desciption:

Seconded.

No, because not every band playing today lauds themselves as the "next" GN'R, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, etc.

BTW, here's video of Towers of London beating up a chav:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHCvuJ2JIKU&

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 06:03:53 AM »

There album is just dire....

met them in a pub in Camden last week - but resisted the urge to tell them their album was dire.....just

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2006, 06:35:30 AM »

This is a desciption:

Seconded.

No, because not every band playing today lauds themselves as the "next" GN'R, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, etc.

ive never heard an interview with that band where they say they are the "next" of anything.

and haha izzy, you met them, they alright with you or not?

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2006, 06:38:05 AM »

If you like for them on youtube harder youll see a preview of there new reality tv series. and they go over to america and the americans hate them, anyways it all ends up in a big fight.

That cocky american gets a good smack in the mouth. its mad.

html sucks
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2006, 09:44:59 AM »

This is a desciption:

Seconded.

ive never heard an interview with that band where they say they are the "next" of anything.

and haha izzy, you met them, they alright with you or not?

They are SELF-described as sounding like Motley Crue and GN'R. It's in their band bio.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2006, 01:54:17 PM »

thats very different from what you put earlier. as them claiming they were the next etc.

sounding like, whats wrong with that, loads of bands describe what there music sounds like by giving examples.

html sucks
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2006, 02:03:09 PM »

thats very different from what you put earlier. as them claiming they were the next etc.

sounding like, whats wrong with that, loads of bands describe what there music sounds like by giving examples.

Because that is the same thing. When you say "following in the footsteps of..." or "boasting a sound like..." you're trying to draw comparisons. Watch their videos. They clearly are trying to be bad-boy rock-n'-rollers, but what I find truly hilarious is that the lead singer in a video called "Special Delivery" claims he can't send his own shit with a threat letter to a newspaper because he's been arrested and they might do DNA testing and find out who he is.  rofl So he finds someone who's never been arrested to do it. Yeah, REAL rock n' roll guys!  Roll Eyes
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2006, 02:14:31 PM »

Because that is the same thing. When you say "following in the footsteps of..." or "boasting a sound like..." you're trying to draw comparisons. Watch their videos. They clearly are trying to be bad-boy rock-n'-rollers, but what I find truly hilarious is that the lead singer in a video called "Special Delivery" claims he can't send his own shit with a threat letter to a newspaper because he's been arrested and they might do DNA testing and find out who he is.  rofl So he finds someone who's never been arrested to do it. Yeah, REAL rock n' roll guys!  Roll Eyes

i disagree. Your argument has too many flaws my friend.

If you say you sound like a few bands then your just describing your music. if they claim to be the next crue or guns then your argument is valid however i have not heard them do this.

and the person he got to do it was his drummer, so its still the band. Anyway, at least he wasnt stupid enough to do it and get put in jail meaning all the fans would lose there money on a gig he couldnt turn up to.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 09:53:13 AM »

the singer is on celebrity big brother. obvious move for exposure.....

however did anyone catch his intro i found it rather amusing.

(please take note i hate the program but watched it to see what he would do)

html sucks
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 10:01:16 AM »

did anyone else watching his intro want to see some one walk up to him and punch him in theface! the crowed wheer awsome WHO ARE YA WHO ARE YA!

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2007, 10:22:55 AM »

to be honest i don't mind them.  the musics ok, not great but ok and i have listened to their album a few times.  met them at a signing in my local hmv (well, all apart from donny the singer) and they were all down to earth blokes.  like someone else has said, more for the cameras.  had a bit of crack with them and that.  they were the first act on at manchester when gn'r played there (in my opinion they opened really for bullet for my valentine rather than anyone else) and they played a good half hour or so.  got the crowd going, donny jumped in the crowd.  not too bad.  and with regards to his entrance to big brother..........................classic but for the camera.  why not?  the other 10 so-called celebrities in their are soooooo boring.  and come on the guys done ok for himself.  isn't he rattling peaches geldof?

Don't Damn Me!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2007, 10:50:54 AM »

did anyone else watching his intro want to see some one walk up to him and punch him in theface! the crowed wheer awsome WHO ARE YA WHO ARE YA!

tbh i think all the people in there should have had that shouted at them lol.

The only reason people were like it with him is because he was representing rock music which people hate at the moment in the mainstream.

html sucks
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2007, 07:43:13 PM »

its not that they hate rock its just that donny is afag lol

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2007, 05:18:57 PM »

it's alright trying to be a cross between GNR n The Sex Pistols but if ur image is straight outta of the 80's and it takes u minutes to write your songs, than your going nowear fast!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2007, 05:21:07 PM »

it's alright trying to be a cross between GNR n The Sex Pistols but if ur image is straight outta of the 80's and it takes u minutes to write your songs, than your going nowear fast!

id rather that then fags like the kooks and my chemical shitmance.

html sucks
adnan
Opening Act

Proud Hippie Liberal Nutjob

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2007, 05:58:14 PM »

A serious contender for the title of worst band ever.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2007, 06:29:03 PM »

A serious contender for the title of worst band ever.

sorry, must disagree.

anything like the kooks and any emo/screamo band take that position, they could have there own chart theres so many sounding the same.

html sucks
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: