Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:29:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 71835 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2005, 02:15:55 PM »

Check out the subject line of this thread!

Look, it says Robin Finck! Is he known to wear a bucket on his head?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2005, 02:27:44 PM »

Check out the subject line of this thread!

Look, it says Robin Finck! Is he known to wear a bucket on his head?

/jarmo

sometimes , yes. Not to mention those bomber style helmets.

anyways , the disscussion is still relevant to robin , Bucket and Robin were part of GNR's guitar team and discussion about and pertaining too the technical skills of each player and how it compared to one another shouldnt be frowned upon. It HAS shifted now to bucket leaving and whatnot and I certainly like to rebutt some statements there as I hate to see all blame focused unfairly on B , but I feel there is still room for relevant Bucket talk/comparison within a finck thread.

peace

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2005, 02:44:21 PM »

Yeah, you can't see the wood for a tree.

you don't need 2 buckets in a band nor 2 robins in a band.
a bucket + a robin =2 bucketsrobins/robinbuckets + somethingelse ....That's the chemistry of a band is nay?
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2005, 11:58:48 PM »

Because both elements were needed to realize the sound? It's a band being.
besides, I hear a tour was cancelled once because Robin left.

It's you who are using petty elementary Music theory like some inviolable rules, not us.
Which grade do you have?

HUH
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2005, 09:27:43 AM »

Robin Finck has a very cool vibe. Too cool almost. Easily my favorite new member.
i agree, robin has a cool vibe and a good style of playing, and the charisma needed for a good lead guitarist too in a good rock band, IMO. i can see him getting the right chemistry with axl on stage and can easily become a crowd pleaser, i'm already impressed by his stage presence. i just hope the current band stays together long enough for this album to be released and at least one major tour. peace peace

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2005, 10:32:11 AM »

I hope Robin is behind the artwork for Chinese Democracy. I think he would do a good job.

Here today...ready to rock
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2005, 11:38:54 AM »

I hope Robin is behind the artwork for Chinese Democracy. I think he would do a good job.

As long as someone else is composing the music....

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2005, 11:41:49 AM »

As long as someone else is composing the music....

and the artwork.  Grin

kathryn2662
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2005, 12:59:32 PM »

Whatever Robin is up to I'm sure he's excercising his creative muscle.
I love Robin.? He just has a beautiful aura about him.? And I do enjoy what he's shared of himself with us through his website.
He's very creative and is so talented to be able to express himself through music, and writing, and art.

I totally agree.? There's something about him, someone who you cant not like.? Something very intriguing.? I remember when I first saw a picture of him, nothing more, and didnt know about him, it was like I felt everything about it instead of knowing it.? His website is amazing, it shows how important art is to him, it's like he is art.? I was beyond honored when he chose to put of of my sendings on his website, a picture that meant a lot to me in my life- a picture that explains what Im going through in life as well what I have left behind and what I have gained but still at the same time what haunts me, how the past always seems to creep into the present.? It's beautiful to me.? It's under the section The Me Now, under my name Kathryn.? Seeing it on his website, I dunno, it's a cool feeling.
He is a beautiful person, his face draws you in, and what he exudes locks you in.

Kiss
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2005, 03:24:16 PM »

+1. I love his website.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2005, 06:36:17 AM »

i've liked robin alot since the start, but i've always felt like i don't "know" the guy. know enough about him, that is. he IS the lead guitar player of guns n' roses, and he has been since 1997, he's the one who replaced slash for crying out loud. still, 8 years after, most people, gnr fans on non-gnr fans, have no idea who he is. now, i realize that this band is not your average band and they keep things kinda locked down for now, but still i would like to know more about robin. he really impressed me at rock in rio and at the albany show (the 2 concert videos i have seen of this band).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 06:37:49 AM by August 15th » Logged

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2005, 11:07:09 PM »

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I didnt wana start a new thread over such a small question.

Does anyone know what show from the '02 tour Robin worse a blue and white bandana for? I just downloaded a Chinese Democracy video of a bunch of different live clips for that tune off of guns.us and in parts of it, hes rocking out with Richard pretty hard wearing a bandana the way Axl would. Just with the bald head and ponytail, he really looks bad ass at this show and if anyone has a clue what one it is, I could do some digging for pictures.

Thanks, and if you dont have that vid, its a must for your collection. Best version(s) Ive heard yet. ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
RichardNixon
« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2005, 09:37:52 PM »

It's kinda funny how Robin has been around since the early 90s, and there isn't ONE album that he plays on, sans the live NIN album and remix albums.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2005, 06:45:32 PM »

I could do some digging for pictures.

Waiting. Are you on a dig now?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2005, 07:58:53 AM »

yeah make some screenshots

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
cibol
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2006, 08:53:34 AM »

I am a huge Finck fan,  I've read here the posts weather lovin' or hatin' Robin ...  also I was posts of guitar players, which has a lot of credit to me, but ...when you say that Finck doesn't follow what the BOOK, technique, theory whatver else says he is mistaking or fucking up??? hum, so he should have a sheetpaper so he would be able to respect the time of notes and pause as well?Huh? and reoroduce, copy someone's work, that would make him great? ( great reproducer) ... fuck that ....  I play piano, I am not a musician, just a piano player and I can say that I feel bad that unfortunatly the method, theory... and elses limit somehow the player, you don't really get to play your heart, soul, and feel it making your own changes...  I admire Finck because he can do that.... he can play his soul, he can play other player part (Slash), putting his own felings ....   I don't know how he learnt guitar, but I imagine he 's probably the time who learnt it by listening, by feeling....   we, who study with books, don't feel what the compositor did when he played his own peace ....  I bet that IF Finck was one os us " educated ears"  he would copy Slash, ir's easier to copy then to do your own ....  so please stop this bullshit about book, this don't make a "player" a musician...  FINCK is a musician not a reproducer, being Slash cover .....   
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2006, 01:47:23 PM »

Where Is He...?!

COME OUT OF HIDING AND SAY SOMETHING

He's the lead guitarist of Guns N Roses and he's more reclusive than Axl ever was...!
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2006, 01:48:23 PM »

dude that pic does him NO CREDIT whatsoever. hihi

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
SOLGER
Rocker