Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:05:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 66915 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2006, 03:49:46 PM »

I'm glad Robin did so well.  He's been razzed so much by the fans for fudging solos.  He had a blast and it's great that the fans are embracing him.  Even the NY Times gave him a good review! hihi  THAT"s when you know you did well!  Cheers Robin!  You now deserve the title of Gunner!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2006, 03:51:18 PM »

garry I'll never call him a gunner, but I will be the first to say he played great ok
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2006, 03:51:28 PM »

Will someone with some HALF-DECENT recording equipment and not a drunk jackarse trying to sing-along next to them, please record the next show for some audio boots so I can prep myself for Paris! ?ok
Z
« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2006, 03:51:55 PM »

Quote from: Robin
clarity. the renewal of my mind in the midst of fear and sorrow. to re-boot. to begin again from a space of gratitude and blessed assurance. to live in integrity with the Divine. which means to me, to live not in competition with another, nor by superstition, but to act upon my deepest desires and to become greater than my previous self, moment by conscious moment. to choose love over fear. and to move forward from this space. and to remember and to embody all of this every time the shit hits the fan.

Robin, there are those of us on this planet who get what you said. ?I'm one of them.

Exist in the higher frequencies while traveling through the turmoil of darkness.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #244 on: May 13, 2006, 04:02:07 PM »

Robin is now DEFINETLY an important piece of the lineup,just like slash was in the day.i think robin will be a big success in GNR!

ROCK ON

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #245 on: May 13, 2006, 04:11:48 PM »

well I listened to some of the boots from last night....

Robin played Patience the same as he did in 2002....Not a fan of it but looks like that version is here to stay so I'll deal with it

Whover played the blues solo laid a big fat elephat turd note in the middle of it....I think that's robin's solo

also the chinese democracy intro....sounded like they fucked it up....doesn't robin do that too?

but hey me listening to a crappy boot is nothing compared to the energy of being there in person

just a couple views i had from what i heard

Apparently Robin ripped it up on Better which is cool and TWAT sounded fantastic on the boot...I really hope they make it my way in the fall Cry
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 04:20:05 PM by Neemo » Logged

zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #246 on: May 13, 2006, 04:18:44 PM »

Wow, what a awesome show last night! ?Great chemistry between the band as a whole, everybody seemed to be having a good time and they sounded very tight as well. ?Robin though, was fuckin amazing! ?Not enough could be said about his performance last night, mind blowing solos, awesome stage prescence, and yes during "November Rain" when the pyrothechnics came down Robin pulled Tommy out of the way at the last second saving him from getting hurt! ?What a guy! ?Didn't even recognize him at 1st with his new look ( looked like George Harrison circa 1971) ?But man did he play a mean guitar last night, made me and most other people forget that there even was ever a guy named Slash in GnR! Glad people enjoyed his performance and him and the rest of the guys are only gonna get better as the tour rolls along! ?

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #247 on: May 13, 2006, 04:28:07 PM »

i always said robin is the man..... and i`m glad all the people who were skeptical or even hated him appreciate him now as well.....   i think it`s mostly about the look anyways.... buckethead could?ve written scom and paradise city and people would`ve still complained about the bucket and mask...

i said robin was my favourite guitar player before this show.... and i`m more than happy, he didn`t dissapoint me hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #248 on: May 13, 2006, 04:47:23 PM »

now that we have a new player i imagine everyone will just pick on him and leave the 'old school' alone!!

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #249 on: May 13, 2006, 05:01:26 PM »

i always said robin is the man..... and i`m glad all the people who were skeptical or even hated him appreciate him now as well.....? ?i think it`s mostly about the look anyways.... buckethead could?ve written scom and paradise city and people would`ve still complained about the bucket and mask...

i said robin was my favourite guitar player before this show.... and i`m more than happy, he didn`t dissapoint me hihi

I agree I always have defended robin and tried to show people how great he is

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #250 on: May 13, 2006, 05:02:13 PM »

i always said robin is the man..... and i`m glad all the people who were skeptical or even hated him appreciate him now as well.....? ?i think it`s mostly about the look anyways.... buckethead could?ve written scom and paradise city and people would`ve still complained about the bucket and mask...

I agree I always have defended robin and tried to show people how great he is

i have too. robin rocks and people will see that soon enough.
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #251 on: May 13, 2006, 05:48:17 PM »

yea robin kicked serious ass last nite, he's improved a great deal. After this tour and the album i think he's gona become a lot more well known!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #252 on: May 13, 2006, 05:57:27 PM »

Robin is the greatest  Grin  My personal favorite guitarist  peace  I'm glad to see he shined last night!  And for some reason I had a feeling Better was his song!  yes ok
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

« Reply #253 on: May 13, 2006, 06:00:27 PM »

Robin is the greatest  Grin  My personal favorite guitarist  peace  I'm glad to see he shined last night!  And for some reason I had a feeling Better was his song!  yes ok

i know! i cant believe he wrote that song! absolutely brilliant  drool
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #254 on: May 13, 2006, 07:30:47 PM »

I think it is very significant that Robin has spoken today.

In what way?

The world's not changing because a guy in drag is writing metaphors on the internet.

He's not a guy in drag. Why don't you show some respect. If it weren't for that "guy in drag" we wouldn't have "Better" to listen to.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #255 on: May 13, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

I didn't read all the replies, but I wanted to say that Robin was awesome, not only musically, but personally too.  There were 2 wheelchairs near me up front.  I guess Robin was impressed by them being on the floor.  At one point, he dove in to the crowd, guitar and all to hug the woman in the wheelchair.  That was just increadible.

Then he crowd surfed during the encore lol.  The second time he went RIGHT over me and TheRaven.  I think Robin was having a religious experiance lol Either that or he was drunk.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #256 on: May 13, 2006, 07:39:51 PM »

robin seems to be where he should be.

He has more love than 1 could give, he has love from thousands.

Nothing to say
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #257 on: May 13, 2006, 07:42:16 PM »

I didn't read all the replies, but I wanted to say that Robin was awesome, not only musically, but personally too.? There were 2 wheelchairs near me up front.? I guess Robin was impressed by them being on the floor.? At one point, he dove in to the crowd, guitar and all to hug the woman in the wheelchair.? That was just increadible.

Then he crowd surfed during the encore lol.? The second time he went RIGHT over me and TheRaven.? I think Robin was having a religious experiance lol Either that or he was drunk.

I think it might have been both!  beer
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

« Reply #258 on: May 13, 2006, 08:07:22 PM »

has anyone else noticed that since the show, theres been more talk about robin than any other gnr member (axl included).

Just what the guy deserves  smoking
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #259 on: May 13, 2006, 08:33:52 PM »

I've only seen a few NIN video boots, but I've seen most of the GN'R boots with Robin, and I think for sure last night was Robin's BEST live performance EVER.

He just seemed so confident out there... not like "Oh my God... I'm replacing Slash"- It was more of a "Fuck you. I'm Robin Finck and I've been busting my balls working on this shit for nine years... and oh by the way.... I wrote "Better"..... so suck on that!" I fucking loved it. beer

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: