Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:43:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 67000 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2006, 07:11:57 PM »

It's more human to talk about your feelings and believes than assume you've got to be stoned to talk about it, using words with more than 4 letters.

Fuck that hihi

At least speak coherently confused

i was talking about people who talk using words with more than 4 letter, you know like "coherently" (see you can do it too), so why just bash someone who speaks in a different way then you , by making meaningfull statements as Fuck that.
I don't like to pick bones and i'm not doing that with you Neemo, i just think there's a lot of intolerence towards robin just because he's different from most. I understand what he means with that quote i also try to live my life like that, always be ware of who you are and of your actions, be true to yourself and not to others expectations, even when bad things come your way. I'm sure you understand the part were love is preferable to fear.

yeah it's just a fucked up statement to make...I dunno I'm sorry for my comment earlier it was uncalled for and I appologise to all Robin fans, but geez, 3 years with no word from him and thats what he says on the night before GnR takes off almost as big a night as HOB 2001...I don't always have time to decipher this riddle talk...speak plain man thats all I'm saying. It is possible to say meaningful stuff with out all the riddle-me-this talk.

Anyway....big night....huge night....and I'm actually very glad Robin is staying in the band, even with all the negative talk I sometimes throw his way. I'm glad the 2002 lineup (minus bucket) is intact they will definately have somethign to hold them together and make them stronger, that past experience of the short-lived 2002 tour...I'm tremendously excited that they brought in a replacement for bucket...that way Robin and Richard can keep their attitude and style while the new guy rips it up. peace out GnR Guys and Gals....tommorrow will look a whole lot different than today and the last 3 years have beer smoking

chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2006, 08:48:22 PM »

the shit hits the fan.

Bad apples anyone... huh huh

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2006, 08:53:55 PM »

Ooh....he's so deep and mysterious. Roll Eyes

Get out there and play your guitar. That's all I care about.

LOL.  Exactly.  I have a feeling it is going to be a whole lotta fun tonight on the message board.  Just passin' the time before I leave for the Big Apple myself. 
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #223 on: May 13, 2006, 02:30:06 AM »

Sounds like Finck was amazing tonight!!! 
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2006, 02:43:48 AM »

Just got back from the show and FINCK ROCKED. I think Buckethead leaving was the greatest fucking thing to ever happen to Robin. He seemed so liberated out there. The dude stage dove twice on Paradise City.... and he was nailing Slash's solos much more cleanly than in 01-02. He was THE stand out on the new material as well.

I don't think they've quite figured out how to incorporate Ron Thal into the GN'R machine quite yet, but his role will likely expand b/c he's got the fucking chops.... but for now, Robin Finck is THE lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses. He was constantly the one guy I would seek out to see what he was up to after Axl... just like Slash and Bucket used to be.

Bravo Robin! ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #225 on: May 13, 2006, 02:49:19 AM »

I'm glad to see Robin with so many positive reviews tonight.  I can't wait to hear him on a boot.  I kinda put him down before too, but it seems that he's taken the leadership reigns in the guitaring section of GNR with some power.  Kudos!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #226 on: May 13, 2006, 04:34:27 AM »

I so love him, Robin iswonderful guitar player... the wait till the 27Th is just going to be...... nervous nervous
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #227 on: May 13, 2006, 04:35:47 AM »

Love how everybody is putting Robin as one of the highlights. I'm sure he deserves all of this! beer

BTW, keep in mind that that was the first Bumblefoot's gig with those guys AND those shows are warmup gigs, an open rehearsal. We'll may see him more confortable within the next dates..

shaun
« Reply #228 on: May 13, 2006, 04:37:21 AM »

I think Robin is great. I am just wondering who plays the solo at the end of November Rain, as in 2002 it was Buckethead and he really added somthing to it. I am guessing either Robin plays it now or Bumble Foot.
shaun
« Reply #229 on: May 13, 2006, 04:38:49 AM »

Love how everybody is putting Robin as one of the highlights. I'm sure he deserves all of this! beer

BTW, keep in mind that that was the first Bumblefoot's gig with those guys AND those shows are warmup gigs, an open rehearsal. We'll may see him more confortable within the next dates..

the 4th gig may well work out to be the best of the 4  beer
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #230 on: May 13, 2006, 04:40:35 AM »

Wow its great news that he played so well.

Now he can just shove it in the face of all his critics, which included me.
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #231 on: May 13, 2006, 06:09:25 AM »

... he gonna remember and embody this whenever the shit hits the fan....who is this fan?

rofl? That was too funny!!

(And I know I've been too involved for too long when I realize I know exactly what Robin meant by that quote).? ?Shocked? ?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #232 on: May 13, 2006, 06:18:17 AM »

He was great at the show and he looked like jesus or the lead singer of black crows

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ben9785
« Reply #233 on: May 13, 2006, 06:46:29 AM »

Good work Robin Finck. I've always respected his playing regardless of technical capability or whatever. Looks like people will hopefully start to recognise and appreciate him further.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #234 on: May 13, 2006, 03:36:59 PM »

last night I was pretty damn close on the floor so i was able to really soak in the experience (fucking tall people)...  For a second there I thought robin was ron and ron was izzy as some others did.. Alright now to the point I think robin has made a great deal of progress since 01-02, he really rocked out and was awesome.... I didn't like a few minor things but otherwise the man was really good.. Cheers to him, he seemed so happy stage diving and played great...  Better was amazing... beer

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #235 on: May 13, 2006, 03:40:26 PM »

better is a robin song....  that alone made my day people ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #236 on: May 13, 2006, 03:41:58 PM »

well better was the most amazing live song last night, it blew the roof off... it was the most rocking new tune hands down..
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #237 on: May 13, 2006, 03:43:05 PM »

better is a robin song....? that alone made my day people ok

Yeah I was shocked! Thats really really good news though and it shows that its not Axl creating every aspect of the song.
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #238 on: May 13, 2006, 03:48:18 PM »

Better is a robin song by the way..................I bet that just pisses you off - Axl
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 04:04:42 PM by WhosGilby? » Logged

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2006, 03:49:35 PM »

Better is a robin song by the way..................I bet that just pisses you off

who cares who did what on it, it rocks, sounded better live then on the boots.. I'd love to hear cd first

I hear you people singing, you donwloading fuckers-axl rofl
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: