Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:30:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 66997 times)
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2006, 03:32:12 PM »

Yes...Robin did update his website today, I received an email from him this morning.  Here is his email.

a message from robin:
-----------------------------------

hello.
i'm robin. i really like the pic you sent.
you'll find it posted on 'the flock \ pictures' page.
thank you for being a part of this grand life experience.

robin

I sent Robin a picture for his website.  The picture is from the Cuba-Japan game at the World Baseball Classic.  You can find the pic under Flock on his page and then Fresh is the section he added it too.  What a cool dude.  All of you Gunners who will be at the show, have a great time, we here on the westcoast are regreting we could not be there with you tonight.

a message from robin:

hello.
robin here. letting you know i got your send.
thank you for writing and for sharing.
keep on to release for you and to give.
play,
r ob   i       n

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #201 on: May 12, 2006, 03:46:45 PM »

Yes...Robin did update his website today, I received an email from him this morning.? Here is his email.

a message from robin:

hello.
i'm robin. i really like the pic you sent.
you'll find it posted on 'the flock \ pictures' page.
thank you for being a part of this grand life experience.

robin

I sent Robin a picture for his website.? The picture is from the Cuba-Japan game at the World Baseball Classic.? You can find the pic under Flock on his page and then Fresh is the section he added it too.? What a cool dude.? All of you Gunners who will be at the show, have a great time, we here on the westcoast are regreting we could not be there with you tonight.

errr isn't that a standard email you get when you submit a picture?? Huh
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #202 on: May 12, 2006, 03:51:20 PM »

I can't find this message on his website. Where it is?

Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #203 on: May 12, 2006, 03:58:46 PM »

I believe his statement is about being compared to the old GN'R (especially Slash). He knows he will be scrutinized, both by the fans and the media:
"to live not in competition with another, nor by superstition, but to act upon my deepest desires and to become greater than my previous self, moment by conscious moment. to choose love over fear. and to move forward from this space. and to remember and to embody all of this every time the shit hits the fan.".

Sounds to me like: Stay focused on what you are doing and why you're doing, separate yourself from what has been, especially when questioned and doubted, to be the best you can be.

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #204 on: May 12, 2006, 04:05:36 PM »

I believe his statement is about being compared to the old GN'R (especially Slash). He knows he will be scrutinized, both by the fans and the media:
"to live not in competition with another, nor by superstition, but to act upon my deepest desires and to become greater than my previous self, moment by conscious moment. to choose love over fear. and to move forward from this space. and to remember and to embody all of this every time the shit hits the fan.".

Sounds to me like: Stay focused on what you are doing and why you're doing, separate yourself from what has been, especially when questioned and doubted, to be the best you can be.

woa, sorry if I brought it in at wrong time... it has nothing to do with G&R actually, but with life philosophy. The question was: "What do you pray for?"... It can be found in Quest, You first, Me first, Archive (2)... so don't worry about tonight. As I said it is just a nice quote that keeps me going...
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #205 on: May 12, 2006, 04:11:59 PM »

woa, sorry if I brought it in at wrong time... it has nothing to do with G&R actually, but with life philosophy. The question was: "What do you pray for?"... It can be found in Quest, You first, Me first, Archive (2)... so don't worry about tonight. As I said it is just a nice quote that keeps me going...

Well, seeing how GN'R is part of his life, I say it has something to do with Guns N' Roses.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2006, 04:17:48 PM »

can't this guy talk like a human? If i walked up to some guy and he said this to me I'd be like "what the fuck are you on" confused

February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: May 12, 2006, 04:21:27 PM »

Great quote great moment to bring it on. For thouse who don't get it Robin's site it's a reflection about him as a person and not as a musician. People are a lot more than what they do for a living.
To Robin all the best.
It's more human to talk about your feelings and believes than assume you've got to be stoned to talk about it, using words with more than 4 letters.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #208 on: May 12, 2006, 04:22:35 PM »

It's more human to talk about your feelings and believes than assume you've got to be stoned to talk about it, using words with more than 4 letters.

Fuck that hihi

At least speak coherently confused

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #209 on: May 12, 2006, 04:23:10 PM »

What he's doing then should make effects on his thought.

he gonna remember and embody this whenever the shit hits the fan....who is this fan?

he says nothing, he gets bashed

he says something/anything, he gets the same

Roll Eyes
Amen to that.

Never mind. Robin's magnitude isn't changing because some sad sods in drag are bashing him on the Internet. Wink
Karri
Opening Act

Iltaa.

« Reply #210 on: May 12, 2006, 04:23:58 PM »

Where exactly is this quote? I can't find it anywhere. His site is a mess  Tongue

You just kind of keep meshing, messing it, mushing it around, throwing it against the wall, beating it with a baseball bat, whatever, until it finally turns into the done song. - Tommy Stinson
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #211 on: May 12, 2006, 04:25:48 PM »

http://www.robinfinck.com/quest/callandresponse/archive/youfirst-02.php

fifth answer
DMJ
Headliner

« Reply #212 on: May 12, 2006, 04:28:07 PM »

dont like how he handle himself on stage or how he plays the solos with stops in between

Baron of the bench the panhandlin' master
godiva
« Reply #213 on: May 12, 2006, 04:28:56 PM »

Okay, I have absolutely no idea what Robin was trying to say. I had a long day and I'm very sleepy and I'm way too fucking excited about the show tonight to concentrate. But who cares? I like the guy. Let him up-date his website with some new-age bullshit if he wants to. It's his site. Go Robin!  beer
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #214 on: May 12, 2006, 04:46:49 PM »

Good to hear from Robin again. I love his site. I'll have to go over and check out the updates. Can't wait to see him Sunday!!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: May 12, 2006, 05:01:51 PM »

Fuck that hihi

At least speak coherently confused

i was talking about people who talk using words with more than 4 letter, you know like "coherently" (see you can do it too), so why just bash someone who speaks in a different way then you , by making meaningfull statements as Fuck that.
I don't like to pick bones and i'm not doing that with you Neemo, i just think there's a lot of intolerence towards robin just because he's different from most. I understand what he means with that quote i also try to live my life like that, always be ware of who you are and of your actions, be true to yourself and not to others expectations, even when bad things come your way. I'm sure you understand the part were love is preferable to fear.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #216 on: May 12, 2006, 05:18:10 PM »

i was talking about people who talk using words with more than 4 letter, you know like "coherently" (see you can do it too), so why just bash someone who speaks in a different way then you , by making meaningfull statements as Fuck that.
I don't like to pick bones and i'm not doing that with you Neemo, i just think there's a lot of intolerence towards robin just because he's different from most. I understand what he means with that quote i also try to live my life like that, always be ware of who you are and of your actions, be true to yourself and not to others expectations, even when bad things come your way. I'm sure you understand the part were love is preferable to fear.

couldn't say it better peace... nice thoughts
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #217 on: May 12, 2006, 05:32:50 PM »

thats weired what robin had wrote....here's what ive deciphered from it:

"not to live in competition with another" - people constantly bashing him for fucking up the odd slash solo, filling slashes boots etc

"to become greater than my previous self" - possibly meaning to improve his playing, majority of people wer'nt happy with his playing in 2002, maybe he wasnt happy himself

Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2006, 07:04:30 PM »

thats weired what robin had wrote....here's what ive deciphered from it:

"not to live in competition with another" - people constantly bashing him for fucking up the odd slash solo, filling slashes boots etc

"to become greater than my previous self" - possibly meaning to improve his playing, majority of people wer'nt happy with his playing in 2002, maybe he wasnt happy himself

i'm sorry but that is really short sighted. i'm sure robin doesn't feel like being in competition with slash. robin is far too much of a personallity himself. like slash robin is in a leagh of his own.
what robin means is about being a human being, the human being that he is but not compared to another human being, just his purest self and how to become a better version of himself.

N ! 3 |(

PS... envying those who are @ the show tonight!

LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2006, 07:08:57 PM »

the ridicolous amout of robin bashing threads/posts, i just hope he doesnt check out these forums, the guys a great player, if axl likes him i like him
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: