Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:01:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 66911 times)
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2005, 01:19:53 PM »

Myself and many, many, MANY other fans are very pleased with the GN'R lineup.? Smiley
[/b]

Lineup? There is no 3rd guitarist! He left! Remember? I was like only a year ago!

So, its not a line-up without a 3rd guitarist? ?Is that what you're saying?
Or are just trying to be sarcastic?

Yes, I remember Buckethead's departure was announced/made public and acknowledged by Axl about a year ago.

And still, with the lineup that we have knowledge of - many are very pleased. ?Smiley

Personally I have really fallen for Robin and Richard in GN'R ?(and the bass player - Tommy Smiley) ?
If there has not been a 3rd guitarist added, which we can speculate is the case,
I'm not dissapointed. ?I'd rather not see any new players added.
I think the members of the band may really be happy as is and Robin and Richard more than willing to increase their 'load' (so to speak). ?If there are parts written which require 3 guitar parts simultaneiously, who knows - perhaps Paul might fill in. ?Or has been speculated before - synthesizer/keyboards? ?

In any event - like I said, many fans are very pleased and excited with the potential that the talents this lineup offers. ?

I think a lot more fans, such as the more 'critical' fans who have expressed thier views in this thread, will be in for a treat when we do hear Robin's original pieces/work on CD.

peace

as for the thread topic - what Robin is 'up to' lately... who knows?
I'm just glad to remember that ?the last time we 'heard' from him, via message on his website, he was looking forward to "touring and touring....."

BTW I'M 14 hu eva asked 4 my age in the post

haha! i thought "hu eva" was "hi eva"...   lol!  but i see you meant "whoever"
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2005, 01:39:04 PM »

Finck doesn't suck, but he's not all that good either. (For people who dont know) When you play the guitar, you cant just play anywhere on the neck you want. There's something called the key of a song. The key of the song, along with scales, will basically outline for you what and where to play on the neck. If your not playing within the key or scale, than your pretty much messing up. For a professional guitar player, this guy is constantly playing notes that just dont fit the song, or aren't in the key (or any particular scale for that matter either). ? ? ?

As someone that has played guitar for 11 years and been in bands that whole time, I will say that while the notes outside the scales or the key of the song may be technically "wrong", I don't think he is doing them by mistake. That is his style and most guitarists out there would encourage people to break the rules and go outside the technical theory because it becomes way to limiting. If everyone stayed inside your parameters, you would have people that play guitar all sounding very similar. robin IS great, and i am sure he is aware of your theory and regulations, but chooses to dismiss those for a unique style. judging from what you said, i bet you are one boring ass guitar player.

That's one of the most uninformed posts I've ever seen a "musician" write. First of all, there's no need to denigrate the guys(ATREAL's) talent. You don't know if he's boring or not. However, saying playing out of key & sloppily is some form of "style" is fucking idiotic. Look, I've been playing over 20 years, I could care less you're playing for 11 years. ?If Johnny Hiland, Eric Johnson, Ritchie Blackmore, Mark Knopfler, Steve Morse, Brian May, Joe Satriani, Buckethead, Nels Cline, Steve Vai, George Lynch, Alvin Lee, Alex Lifeson, Joe Perry, Slash, Nils Lofgren, John Mayer, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Yngwie Malmsteen, Chet Atkins, Keith Urban, Jimi Hendrix, Trey Anastasio, alex Scolnick, Keith Richards, Chuck Garvey, Ric Emmit, ?Al Schneir, Eric Clapton, Al Dimeola, Steve Lukather, Les Paul, Danny Gatton, Tony McAlpine, Jimmy Page, John Frusciante, Stone Gossard, Robyn Hitchcock, Al Pitrelli, John 5, just off the top of my head,& hundreds more can all play within the so called "rules" you so cavalierly dismissed, and still keep their unique style, so can Finck. Or maybe he can't, & therin lies the problem.

There's a difference between thinking outside the box, breaking the rules, etc...... and playing bad notes & mistakes.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2005, 01:56:25 PM »

This whole thread has been pretty funny, because you have people who have no idea about guitar ins and out, music theory, or what a real guitarist sounds like for that matter. ..... There's something called the key of a song. The key of the song, along with scales, will basically outline for you what and where to play on the neck. If your not playing within the key or scale, than your pretty much messing up. For a professional guitar player, this guy is constantly playing notes that just dont fit the song, or aren't in the key (or any particular scale for that matter either)...............................Another thing, the guy is always screwing up the bends. He bends the notes way out of pitch, which really makes an educated ear BLEED......... There is another little thing called tempo, which is the pace of the song....... THESE ARE NOT OPINIONS, THIS IS MUSIC THEORY. I DIDNT make IT UP, IT CAN NOT BE ARGUED!!.

Talking about the music theory...a century back or quickie, a couple of pages back.... ok
Maybe Mozart fans would have thought Stravinsky was a tone deaf. While the fans of the latter had good ears for both.

The old school people would've gone like
my father were watching him play it, and we were both like, "What the F^*K was that!?!?!" This is really basic shit, and he messes it up regularly.

hihi Viva holy discord!!! Without exception, there's no rule without exceptions.  peace
He's no Buckethead, GNR is in alot of trouble without the temendous skills of Buckethead. It's like poeple dont seem to understand that Bucket Head is seriously one of the most impressive guitarists in the world right now, GNR was so lucky to have him.
I agree that BH's a real virtuoso. Robin's talent is another kind. BH and Robin set each other well. Yeah, Music is harmony. You better hear the whole band or You won't see the wood for the trees.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2005, 02:35:47 PM »

would it be appropriate to remind some that many prefer Adler over Matt 'the robot' Sorum when it comes to GN'R drummers?  Wink
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2005, 02:42:05 PM »

This whole thread has been pretty funny, because you have people who have no idea about guitar ins and out, music theory, or what a real guitarist sounds like for that matter. Just some qualifiying background. Im 22, I come from a family of guitarists (my father alone has been playing for about 40yrs). I've been playing guitar for a while, Im in a band currently, I study music theory, and I listen to all kinds of guitarists, not just the ones that are well known. Finck doesn't suck, but he's not all that good either. (For people who dont know) When you play the guitar, you cant just play anywhere on the neck you want. There's something called the key of a song. The key of the song, along with scales, will basically outline for you what and where to play on the neck. If your not playing within the key or scale, than your pretty much messing up. For a professional guitar player, this guy is constantly playing notes that just dont fit the song, or aren't in the key (or any particular scale for that matter either). There is a Finck solo in RIRIII, where me and my father were watching him play it, and we were both like, "What the F^*K was that!?!?!" This is really basic shit, and he messes it up regularly. Another thing, the guy is always screwing up the bends. He bends the notes way out of pitch, which really makes an educated ear BLEED. When a guitarist bends a note, its the same thing as a singer changing pitch. EVERYONE knows what a bad singer sounds like when they hit the wrong notes, well its the same thing on a guitar. Its just many poeple cant identify the mistake when they hear a guitarists do it. There is another little thing called tempo, which is the pace of the song. During his solos, he's way off.? He's lagging behind (someone else already said this too), or just uneven in general, too fast or too slow. This really contributes to an overall sloppy sound. THESE ARE NOT OPINIONS, THIS IS MUSIC THEORY. I DIDNT make IT UP, IT CAN NOT BE ARGUED!!

I see, so music is like 1+1=2 now... That can definatly be argued.

I would say the Robin tries to play the solos - Slash's ones - in his own style and being very creative in doing so. Yeah I heard him make a mistake a few times, but the times he makes something old feel totally fresh and great is much more often the case. Never have I heard him play out of key in one of his own songs though. I've heard Slash doing that lots of times (whatever his rocknrollreason may have been ?Smiley ).

Out of key? Maybe sometimes, but not because he's not able to play it right, but because his finding ways to make it 'his'. And if they tour again it will soon be 'his' over and he will have his very own style, his feel, in playing existing solos. That is something I don't see Richard do on the same level (no I don't mean he would do it on a higher level children ?Wink ), eventhough I think he is a great guitar player as well.

Out of feel? Never.

Robin is great. And for those who don't see that yet: watch out, 'cause you will probably do so in future.

ok

N ! 3 |(

« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 02:44:14 PM by Nicos » Logged
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2005, 03:23:28 PM »

I stayed out of this topic for the time I could but I had to give a reaction now. Please read this post with care:

First of all.  I think Robin Finck is a pretty good guitar player. That he definitely is. He has a cool approach, listen to the part he played on the 2002 tour before paradise city. I think that his style of playing came out really well and soulfull on that special segment. That's a specialty of him for sure. I really enjoyed his solo's on Patience from the 2002 tour as well. Those gave the same feel to me. He's outstanding on those elements so it seems to me. Those were not out of key or anything. Those little things impressed me about him + his stage movements. He got the same kinda approach on knocking on heaven's door as someone else already mentioned.

I'm convinced that those things will get him very far if he cary's out that "style" more out on the new songs.

However some things don't come out that well with his technique and style of playing.

- using "gain" / "overdrive" whatever the hell you want to name or catagorize it. The sound that those settings creates doesn't compliment his playing technique. The way he strikes the strings and the way his hand moves on the fretboard is very, very risk-full. There-for it doesn't come out to well on songs such as November Rain. His style doesnt suit that type of category. Simple as that.

He's awesome on the clean / crunched parts but he lacks suitement on the other leads. That is how it is and not different. Robin Finck has great feel but to be able to show it properly he needs to play the things he is specialized in. And I'm sure he will in the future.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2005, 04:21:37 PM »

I stayed out of this topic for the time I could but I had to give a reaction now. Please read this post with care:

First of all.? I think Robin Finck is a pretty good guitar player. That he definitely is. He has a cool approach, listen to the part he played on the 2002 tour before paradise city. I think that his style of playing came out really well and soulfull on that special segment. That's a specialty of him for sure. I really enjoyed his solo's on Patience from the 2002 tour as well. Those gave the same feel to me. He's outstanding on those elements so it seems to me. Those were not out of key or anything. Those little things impressed me about him + his stage movements. He got the same kinda approach on knocking on heaven's door as someone else already mentioned.

I'm convinced that those things will get him very far if he cary's out that "style" more out on the new songs.

However some things don't come out that well with his technique and style of playing.

- using "gain" / "overdrive" whatever the hell you want to name or catagorize it. The sound that those settings creates doesn't compliment his playing technique. The way he strikes the strings and the way his hand moves on the fretboard is very, very risk-full. There-for it doesn't come out to well on songs such as November Rain. His style doesnt suit that type of category. Simple as that.

First of all I think only Robin nows what and what not compliments his style. Simple as that? Smiley

Personally I think it compliments his style very muchs, only you need to learn to appriciate it. I did and I like it very very much now. I believe we will hear a lot of this combination of style and sound on the new record. It is unique.

As for his solo in November Rain: listen to his the Chicago '02 or Cleveland '02 SDB mp3, he does an excellent job there. Imo perfect. I think of all three solo's Robin's sound fits the song best, that Richard's sounds is just a bit too 'fat' for the solo and Bucket's sound a bit too 'futuristic'.

I do like the different sound of all three guitar players. I love Richard's sound on Think About You and Paradise City.
And I absolutely love the soundcombination Bucket & Robin, imo best heard on You Could Be Mine. Wow, how two different sounds can compliment each other so much.
For the new GN'R sound I think it's a pitty that Bucket left, but I am sure Axl will find a good replacement if necessary. Luckely Robin (the most important for the new guitar sound I think) and Richard are still there.

If only Bucket could be a bit more of a teamplayer off stage as well...

Hopefully, in a few months, GN'R will be the ultimate dream geetar band once again.

Bests,

ok

N ! 3 |(

« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 04:30:19 PM by Nicos » Logged
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2005, 04:26:34 PM »

He's awesome on the clean / crunched parts but he lacks suitement on the other leads. That is how it is and not different. Robin Finck has great feel but to be able to show it properly he needs to play the things he is specialized in. And I'm sure he will in the future.

just thought i'd help further your post by clearing up that you likely meant "suitability"
good post. ?ok ?i think we have to keep in mind that Robin really has not had much opportunity in Guns to showcase his 'thing'. ?But, I am pleased with what he has shown us - very pleased... particularly his 'feel' which you apparently likewise appreciate. ? ?beer

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2005, 04:39:03 PM »

If only Bucket could be a bit more of a teamplayer off stage as well...

I think he was a team player .. he did exactly what the new members do .. he released solo albums , did solo tours and hardly ever spoke.  rofl

Anyways , this thread is hilarious ... I'm glad we have so many accomplished guitar players on the board , should make finding a replacement for buckethead that much easier for axl.

Robin will do fine on the album. he has all the time in the world to record and splice notes until he is blue in the face. He isnt the guy I personally would want as my number one "lead" guitar player but axl seems confident in him , so be it. There were things he played on the 2002 that outright made me cringe ... and at RIR3 he played something after Big B plays "hog bitch stomp" that was so awful it even makes ME feel embarrassed when it comes on around friends .. it really sounded that horrible and out of key.

On the other hand theres things he does that I really like.

But you cant compare Robin to someone like Buckethead. Buckethead is world class .. pretty much in a league of his own right now .. up there if not ahead of players like Satch , vai , petrucci and the like. Bucket is a phenom. I still think it would be in axl roses best interest to do what it takes to make an effort to get B back in GNR .. if that means sacking somebody like Finck then so be it.

Furthermore , I think the combination of B and Axl would garner much more attention , fame and accolades not to mention the attention of fans much more then finck and axl. IMHo axl and B coulda been the next axl and slash in alot of fans eyes.

Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2005, 04:42:05 PM »

That is how it is and not different.

Wait I'll help further your post a bit more too by clearing that 'That is how it is and not different' = not the way the world works.

just thought i'd help further your post by clearing up that you likely meant "suitability"
good post. ?ok ?i think we have to keep in mind that Robin really has not had much opportunity in Guns to showcase his 'thing'. ?But, I am pleased with what he has shown us - very pleased... particularly his 'feel' which you apparently likewise appreciate. ? ?beer

I believe had much opportunity in Guns to showcase his 'thing' and did. In how many songs is Robin not playing a solo?

I agree, his feel is amazing indeed. I'll drink to that too Eva, cheers!

ok

N ! 3 |(

« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 04:45:14 PM by Nicos » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2005, 04:53:48 PM »

Robin owns SCOM  smoking
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2005, 04:56:00 PM »

Finck doesn't suck, but he's not all that good either. (For people who dont know) When you play the guitar, you cant just play anywhere on the neck you want. There's something called the key of a song. The key of the song, along with scales, will basically outline for you what and where to play on the neck. If your not playing within the key or scale, than your pretty much messing up. For a professional guitar player, this guy is constantly playing notes that just dont fit the song, or aren't in the key (or any particular scale for that matter either). ? ? ?

As someone that has played guitar for 11 years and been in bands that whole time, I will say that while the notes outside the scales or the key of the song may be technically "wrong", I don't think he is doing them by mistake. That is his style and most guitarists out there would encourage people to break the rules and go outside the technical theory because it becomes way to limiting. If everyone stayed inside your parameters, you would have people that play guitar all sounding very similar. robin IS great, and i am sure he is aware of your theory and regulations, but chooses to dismiss those for a unique style. judging from what you said, i bet you are one boring ass guitar player.

That's one of the most uninformed posts I've ever seen a "musician" write. First of all, there's no need to denigrate the guys(ATREAL's) talent. You don't know if he's boring or not. However, saying playing out of key & sloppily is some form of "style" is fucking idiotic. Look, I've been playing over 20 years, I could care less you're playing for 11 years. ?If Johnny Hiland, Eric Johnson, Ritchie Blackmore, Mark Knopfler, Steve Morse, Brian May, Joe Satriani, Buckethead, Nels Cline, Steve Vai, George Lynch, Alvin Lee, Alex Lifeson, Joe Perry, Slash, Nils Lofgren, John Mayer, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Yngwie Malmsteen, Chet Atkins, Keith Urban, Jimi Hendrix, Trey Anastasio, alex Scolnick, Keith Richards, Chuck Garvey, Ric Emmit, ?Al Schneir, Eric Clapton, Al Dimeola, Steve Lukather, Les Paul, Danny Gatton, Tony McAlpine, Jimmy Page, John Frusciante, Stone Gossard, Robyn Hitchcock, Al Pitrelli, John 5, just off the top of my head,& hundreds more can all play within the so called "rules" you so cavalierly dismissed, and still keep their unique style, so can Finck. Or maybe he can't, & therin lies the problem.

There's a difference between thinking outside the box, breaking the rules, etc...... and playing bad notes & mistakes.

Wow.....first of all, i don't think robin plays sloppily or out of key necessarily, i just think that he does not always choose to use notes that are all in certain scales and modes, he doesn't abide by these "rules" because there are no rules to guitar playing. as soon as you make rules, you are losing something vital that should come through your music. if you don't like robin's style, that's fine, i personally do. on a differant note you said "However, saying playing out of key & sloppily is some form of "style" is fucking idiotic." ? hmmmm.....tell johnny thunders that (i realize that you can't cause he is dead), the same johnny thunders that was a huge influence on one izzy stradlin and duff mckagen as well. as far as your 20 years of guitar playing, as you didn't care about my 11 years, i don't care about your 20 years. just out of curiosity, what has that 20 years gotten you? ever had a label put out a record of yours? cd?
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2005, 05:03:06 PM »

But you cant compare Robin to someone like Buckethead. Buckethead is world class .. pretty much in a league of his own right now .. up there if not ahead of players like Satch , vai , petrucci and the like. Bucket is a phenom. I still think it would be in axl roses best interest to do what it takes to make an effort to get B back in GNR .. if that means sacking somebody like Finck then so be it.

Furthermore , I think the combination of B and Axl would garner much more attention , fame and accolades not to mention the attention of fans much more then finck and axl. IMHo axl and B coulda been the next axl and slash in alot of fans eyes.

True, you can't compare Robin to someone like Buckethead, that's why they were and Robin is still in the band. Both are world class and in a league of their own. As is Richard. I believe you don't see three differently world class geetar players?

I believe Axl did everything he could to keep Bucket in GN'R. Regarding Axl's own words, even more than he should have for GN'R.

You say: .. if that means sacking somebody like Finck then so be it.
Axl, I believe, would never sack Robin for Bucket. Robin is key (in or out ;-) for Guns' nowadays

As for the amount of attention GN'R would gather, I think you right about Bucket, but they will do fine without him as well.

ok

N ! 3 |(

Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2005, 05:05:41 PM »

Robin owns SCOM? smoking

Fuck yeah and Mr. B. and OTGM as well.

ok

N ! 3 |(
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2005, 05:10:18 PM »

True, you can't compare Robin to someone like Buckethead, that's why they were and Robin is still in the band. Both are world class and in a league of their own. As is Richard. I believe you don't see three differently world class geetar players?

I believe Axl did everything he could to keep Bucket in GN'R. Regarding Axl's own words, even more than he should have for GN'R.

You say: .. if that means sacking somebody like Finck then so be it.
Axl, I believe, would never sack Robin for Bucket. Robin is key (in or out ;-) for Guns' nowadays

As for the amount of attention GN'R would gather, I think you right about Bucket, but they will do fine without him as well.

ok

N ! 3 |(

I really didnt look at like 3 world class guitarists at all ... I saw one guy , Bucket .. who could/can do anything any genre on the guitar. Theres no piece of music impossible for him to play. Then IMHo the next in terms of skill was fortus who I think can really hold his own in the "rock n roll" genre .. fortus seems to be able to play the basic rock and roll solo's quite well and is terrific at showing energy onstage .. then I thought Finck was 3rd. Does the job , add's background vocals and shit but I dopnt really care for his interpretations of slashes solo's and I really didnt care for the lil "solo" things he did before some songs.

For me robins two highlights with GNR are sorrego and the bucket/robin duet before mymichelle at rir3.

ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2005, 07:19:22 PM »

DUDE THAT IS A TRUELY GREAT POST! WOW, AWSOME! You fucking hit it right on the head. People think , "oh your following the rules, so you suck. No you suck cause you dont know the "rules". With that said, its called "MUSIC THEORY, NOT MUSIC LAW". Its ok to break or bend the rules, but Robin F'in Finck does not know how to do it melodically. Oh, and playing out of the scale is ok in some cases, but playing out of key is 100% not, some of you people have no clue. He may be excellent as a rythm guitar player, as i said earlier w/vid i like some of his rythm work, but as a solo specialist...please. And for the people saying their content with the current "line-up". If everything is so great in your minds, then why did Axl himself cancel their RIR appearance becasue Buckethead left? If everything was cool, and Robin could handle the show on his own, AXL WOULD HAVE PLAYED.  Thanks again providman, you know what your talking about.
John J. Rambo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2005, 08:39:40 PM »

So I guess you've all sat and played with Robin and of course, have heard all of his note choices, melodies and tone selection throughout chinese democracy. No, you've heard his solo album-oh wait, there isn't one. I got it, you're all talking about him playing live with NIN. Hmmm... brilliant. I'm a bit confused how somebody can critique someone or something they know absolutely nothing about. This practice is called ignorance. Unknowing. You know nothing about Robin, unless you're his friend, and I doubt that highly because then I wouldn't have to be writing this reply. Listening to Robin cover Slash solo's isn't a very good representation of his or anybody elses work. Just wait until you actually hear the album, then if you want your voice heard, (like I know you do) wait until you can make an educated statement so you don't sound like such a #!@*!.
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2005, 08:44:46 PM »

DUDE THAT IS A TRUELY GREAT POST! WOW, AWSOME! You fucking hit it right on the head. People think , "oh your following the rules, so you suck. No you suck cause you dont know the "rules". With that said, its called "MUSIC THEORY, NOT MUSIC LAW". Its ok to break or bend the rules, but Robin F'in Finck does not know how to do it melodically. Oh, and playing out of the scale is ok in some cases, but playing out of key is 100% not, some of you people have no clue. He may be excellent as a rythm guitar player, as i said earlier w/vid i like some of his rythm work, but as a solo specialist...please. And for the people saying their content with the current "line-up". If everything is so great in your minds, then why did Axl himself cancel their RIR appearance becasue Buckethead left? If everything was cool, and Robin could handle the show on his own, AXL WOULD HAVE PLAYED.? Thanks again providman, you know what your talking about.

believe me, we come from completely differant schools of playing and it is no use arguing with you about it. if i were a betting man, i would say you probably enjoy rush, dream theatre and queensryche and i just can't get into that shit at all, as technically proficient as it is........anyway, to question someone who played in cirque du soliel (sp?) is fucking retarded anyway, they only hire excellant musicians.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2005, 09:13:22 PM »

Listening to Robin cover Slash solo's isn't a very good representation of his or anybody elses work. Just wait until you actually hear the album, then if you want your voice heard, (like I know you do) wait until you can make an educated statement so you don't sound like such a #!@*!.

I have to agree with that.

I don't think he joined the band just so he can play Slash's parts. Just because he doesn't play the solos in the old songs just like Slash did, doesn't mean he can't play.

Seems like a lot of people hate him based on the way he dresses and/or just because he's not playing the songs like Slash did.

I guess we'll read pages and pages of discussions about the way Robin dresses once the album is out. Some people never get bored talking about that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2005, 09:59:39 PM »

Robin is a good player and a cool addition to the band, he's one of the main reasons I've stayed interested in GNR. 

We all know his creative resume' isn't that of his predecessor in GNR but that's no reason to rip the guys ability.

Let's see what he brings to the table before hammering him unmercifully or praising him overzealously.

If and when that time comes, it's open season either way.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: