Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:52:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Children before or after marriage, your opinions
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Children before or after marriage, your opinions  (Read 3949 times)
Megaguns
« on: June 17, 2006, 07:20:43 AM »

My girlfriend is pregnant and my family is pressuring me to get married, I dont need advice on what to do, i already have that solved, Whats your opinions of the idea of kids before marriage.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 08:09:19 AM »

While I would rather be married before I have any kids, if a little bastard did pop out before then I wouldn't let it dictate when I got married; I wouldn't push the marriage forward, that is if it's being pushed forward at all, and not just created through pregnancy. I'd rather know sooner than a forced later if this kid is going to be bought up in one house or two.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 08:36:15 AM »

when you're married you know that your relationship is long term because the marriage officially seals the bond and makes woman and man a definite unity. Therefore children should be born after marriage because if you have a gf/bf relationship its not a sealed unity and thus the child may end up in a single parent situation.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
godiva
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 08:38:14 AM »

Hey, if the kid is loved and cared for, what the fuck does it matter whether or not the parents are legally married? You should get married because you WANT to, not because of outside pressure. There are some legal perks to being married in some countries though. You might want to look into that, sometimes it IS easier to be married when you have kids, but that depends on the laws of the country.

I got married quite young, just for the hell of it. I wanted to get married, my boyfriend too, we threw a party. But the first question that came out of EVERYBODY's mouth when I told them I was engaged was ' Are you pregnant?' Now, how stupid is THAT? Ggrr.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 08:42:16 AM »

i'm not married

both me and the father have legal equal rights.

Itdoesn't change a thing in my country

Nothing to say
godiva
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 09:38:21 AM »

^yes, as I said, it depends on the country you live in. Same in the Netherlands, no difference, except that dad has to sign an extra piece of paper when he registers the child. That's it. But there are some countries where there are different laws for married and non-married people. All depends on where you live.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 09:41:19 AM »

it's cool as long as you lov eachother and will love the child.. Having a child is a huge to do, not something you'd want to do if you weren't really into the person for more then some loving.

getting married for the sake of a child is fucked up, fighting arguing always a bad vibe in the house.. You only live once, no need living in hell because you have a child, not good for them or you

I had my first child before marriage but I knew I was getting married anyways..I should say my wife was pregnant before marriage, baby was bron after we wed
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 09:49:36 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 12:07:35 PM »

Whats your opinions of the idea of kids before marriage.

It's fine. Kids are affected by their parents' attitude, not their status. If the parents are happy, the child will be too.

By the way, congratulations and good luck.

if a little bastard did pop out

I can only imagine what your offspring would be like.

This comes to mind:

Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 12:38:41 PM »

Well,my parents weren't married,and they were together for 18 years
"divorced" a month ago though

So I'm fine with children before marriage Wink

shit happens when you party naked
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 02:12:42 PM »

what a bastard.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 02:17:19 PM »

After marriage. You bloody fornicating humans.

Fuck 'Em All.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 02:52:42 PM »

Anyone heard of palimony?  Roll Eyes
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 01:23:13 PM »

Anyone heard of palimony?? Roll Eyes

no. never.

Anyway, what i mean to say is after marriage you know the relationships for long term and for life (at least thats the intention) so a child should be born with parents that are for life or for long term. BF/GF unity is generally not as strong as husband/wife unity.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 01:28:08 PM »

what a bastard.

Was it me you called a bastard?

warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 03:50:53 PM »

some people say i'm selfish but if i'm not married at the age of 33 or 35 i'll  have a baby with or without a boyfriend, husband or fiance, whatever. I've always dreamt with being a mom, i love kids and to be a mom must be one of the most beautiful things that ever happens to someone's life.

so if someone wants to help when i get to that age, let me know  rofl

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 04:42:03 PM »

Anyone heard of palimony?  Roll Eyes

no. never.

Anyway, what i mean to say is after marriage you know the relationships for long term and for life (at least thats the intention) so a child should be born with parents that are for life or for long term. BF/GF unity is generally not as strong as husband/wife unity.

knowing that the average french marriage happens 1 year after meeting, and usually lasts 4 years before a divorce ( 1 out of 2 marriages ends in divorce in paris itself and 1/3 in france) , it's a total of 5 years for UNITY

I have been together 6 and a half with my partner ( won't last much longer either, another story), so technically, i have been longer in unity WITHOUT mariage.

Mariage costs less than a divorce nowadays, and 1out of 2 couples haven't finished reimbursing their weddings when they have to reimburse their divorce.

Nothing to say
anythinggoes
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 05:05:50 PM »

i was with my ex partner for 5 1/2 years before we planned to have a child there is nothing wrong with it unfortantly the relationship has now ended and although i get to see my daughter as much as i want to i know that if things turned shitty as a father i have no rights because i am not married if my ex decided she wanted to leave the country with my daughter there is nothing i could do to stop her plus there is loads of other legal shit to contend with as well pretty fucked up just hope things stay civil.

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 07:17:25 PM »

Nothing wrong with kids before marriage if it's in a stable loving relationship where both parents love it

That's a hatrick for Doull
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 08:32:45 PM »

Nothing wrong with kids before marriage if it's in a stable loving relationship where both parents love it

I absolutely agree yes Smiley

JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 11:45:36 PM »

My parents were never married. I respect them both for that decision. They love and respect eachother a lot and I had a wonderful childhood. To this day they visit eachother and go on vacations together, they're the best of friends, but they knew that their relationship just wasn't marriage-material. 
So yeah, there are no rules. You have to do what's right for you in your own situation.

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: