Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 08:21:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everyone's Favorite GNR High point AND Low Point
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyone's Favorite GNR High point AND Low Point  (Read 13068 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2006, 10:20:49 AM »

I think a band that became as big as gnr can't just leave for that period of time and just switch up like that..

Lack of proper communication during those 10 years is the biggest problem.

I didnt say Vince Neil was bad in any way, it's just a way different situation. Hell, my other fave band just replaced their lead singer and Im not very happy about that.

But this aint the place for another discussion. Ive had plenty of them during the last 8 years and Im fed up with it.

If this was 1998 I would have agreed with you, but it's been 8 years and people from my point of view are too late. They should have said something back then and not now.

Well I never really spoke about gnr after 94, kind of just looked at mags now and then and watched from a far... When I heard oh my god on teh radion in november 99 I had no clue who was in the band ,I assumed I knew being it was gnr.....

I never talked about it because I didn't get a computer until 2002 hihi
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2006, 11:29:00 AM »

Low Point:? Axl and 7 other musicians that have nothing to do with Gn'R's legacy touring under the Gn'R name...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=15.0

doesn't he have a legit point if he's been a fan for a long time>? Why does everyone dismiss that as being alowpoint.. ? Is it a high point of queen going on without freddy, or the doors without jim morrison? I think those are low points.. Most fans who were so into something can't just switch their likes and dislikes because the gnr name just goes on with new people.. What's the point of getting into a band then it changes completly? I love motley crue, you think if nikki tommy n mick were replaced I'd love the new band the same.??

Thanks mikegiuliana, but if you are not a fan of the new Gn'R I guess you can't have a say. Or atleast I can't.. Those were my high and low points.  I saw alot of other posts that listed the new band as the low point...

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2006, 11:31:36 AM »

it's no biggie some people just get too serious... Like what you like, dislike what you want as long as you're a gnr fan of one of these groups
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2006, 11:54:57 AM »

Same as the first post... Blowing the roof off of the VMA's in 88 & sounding like Mickey Mouse out of breath @ VMA 2002...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2006, 11:58:52 AM »

Lol I had to rewatch the 2002 VMAs today just to see how bad it was. Just terrible. Buckethead, Fincks goth look, Axl's massive clothes and horrific vocals. Im surprised they didnt just call it a day after that.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Death Cube K
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2006, 01:00:56 PM »

Thanks mikegiuliana, but if you are not a fan of the new Gn'R I guess you can't have a say. Or atleast I can't.. Those were my high and low points.  I saw alot of other posts that listed the new band as the low point...

If it's such a problem and it really causes you lots of greif and disappointment, take my advice and check out some other stuff that causes you entertainment and fun and not complaints and negative posts.

Im not a Metallica fan and therefore I do not post on their boards. I used to be an Aerosmith fan, but the CD in 2001 really turned me off and therefore I do not post at their boards anymore either.  ok

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2006, 01:56:18 PM »

Thanks mikegiuliana, but if you are not a fan of the new Gn'R I guess you can't have a say. Or atleast I can't.. Those were my high and low points.? I saw alot of other posts that listed the new band as the low point...

If it's such a problem and it really causes you lots of greif and disappointment, take my advice and check out some other stuff that causes you entertainment and fun and not complaints and negative posts.

Im not a Metallica fan and therefore I do not post on their boards. I used to be an Aerosmith fan, but the CD in 2001 really turned me off and therefore I do not post at their boards anymore either.? ok

Obviously all these unhappy former fans think there's something interesting about the current band because they stick around....

It's not like they're here talking about the songs on AFD, Izzy's hats, Slash's tattoos or which version of You're Crazy they prefer.

If they're only interested in what the former members are doing, there's different boards for them to visit. But they still stick around....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2006, 02:57:33 PM »

Thanks mikegiuliana, but if you are not a fan of the new Gn'R I guess you can't have a say. Or atleast I can't.. Those were my high and low points.? I saw alot of other posts that listed the new band as the low point...

Im not a Metallica fan and therefore I do not post on their boards. I used to be an Aerosmith fan, but the CD in 2001 really turned me off and therefore I do not post at their boards anymore either.? ok

but he is a gnr fan, just maybe not a big fan of the new band... If you never were a gnr fan then no doubt why be here, but if you were it's a gnr forum..
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2006, 03:08:43 PM »

And Izzy does have some wicked hats!

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2006, 03:09:58 PM »

And Izzy does have some wicked hats!

I have been saying he looks like the boss hihi
kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2006, 03:21:38 PM »

highest point: getting the leaks and going to school the next morning and when my only friend that likes gnr and knows about the new band walked in the doors i screamed "I GOT THEM!!"  soo kick ass

lowest point: just waiting while almost everyone i know hates gnr

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
Death Cube K
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2006, 04:13:27 PM »

Obviously all these unhappy former fans think there's something interesting about the current band because they stick around....

It's not like they're here talking about the songs on AFD, Izzy's hats, Slash's tattoos or which version of You're Crazy they prefer.

If they're only interested in what the former members are doing, there's different boards for them to visit. But they still stick around....

I've been trying to figure it out for 8 strong years now why they come to this and other boards and not boards dedicated to the old band and no one has been close to giving me an answer yet.

EccoTides
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2006, 04:17:07 PM »

High: Watching Rock in Rio 3, and seeing the huge audience go ballistic while Axl owned the stage.

Low: The Spaghetti Incident, overblown music vids during the UYI era.
Death Cube K
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2006, 04:18:54 PM »

Low: The Spaghetti Incident

One of my lows to, this one.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2006, 04:19:15 PM »

I've been trying to figure it out for 8 strong years now why they come to this and other boards and not boards dedicated to the old band and no one has been close to giving me an answer yet.

because gnr fans like to follow the gnr name even if the lineup isn't their cup of tea... Plus you can like axl and not give two shits about anyone else to have interest in the new music...

is that any different then following adler or slash individually?
Death Cube K
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2006, 04:22:28 PM »

because gnr fans like to follow the gnr name even if the lineup isn't their cup of tea...

So willingly you put yourself thru disappointments and obviously all kinds of frustrations concerning this lineup just because you declared yourself a GNR fan maybe 15 years ago?

That's just rubbish mate.

I didnt follow Slash's solo career with Snakepit because I thought it was rubbish, so I didnt bother with it.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2006, 06:26:35 PM »

because gnr fans like to follow the gnr name even if the lineup isn't their cup of tea...

So willingly you put yourself thru disappointments and obviously all kinds of frustrations concerning this lineup just because you declared yourself a GNR fan maybe 15 years ago?

That's just rubbish mate.

I didnt follow Slash's solo career with Snakepit because I thought it was rubbish, so I didnt bother with it.

-Honestly, think about if the situations were reversed.  Let's say that Duff, Matt, and Slash got together with Wieland, and they called themselves Guns n' Roses.  And let's say Axl had a band called "The Axl Rose band."  I'll tell you what - I would bet almost anything that more people would like and follow "The Axl Rose Band." 

I DON'T follow this band because they're named Guns n' Roses.  I follow them because Axl is fuckin' awesome.   When these shows were first announced, NO ONE (except for a few people who like to claim they're "insiders") knew who was going to be on stage that first night at Hammerstein.  And you know what?  I didn't care, because Axl was going to be there.  There are more people like me, than people who "love Tommy" or "love Robin."  Those guys aren't bad, but they could throw anyone out there to play Appetite songs, and as long as Axl was there, that's fine by me.
Death Cube K
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2006, 06:32:39 PM »

NO ONE (except for a few people who like to claim they're "insiders") knew who was going to be on stage that first night at Hammerstein.

Even though you make some good points, I think it's a bit unfair to state that. While I couldnt PROVE that the lineup would be the same, I had EVERY reason to believe it was the same guys plus a new guitar player.

Let's say that Duff, Matt, and Slash got together with Wieland, and they called themselves Guns n' Roses

If that had happened and say, I didnt like it, I would DEFINETELY not be here bitching and moaning about it but rather do something fun.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2006, 06:35:07 PM »

the high point will come in fall/late fall and the low point is bucket leaving.  get over the past.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2006, 06:40:48 PM »

NO ONE (except for a few people who like to claim they're "insiders") knew who was going to be on stage that first night at Hammerstein.

Even though you make some good points, I think it's a bit unfair to state that. While I couldnt PROVE that the lineup would be the same, I had EVERY reason to believe it was the same guys plus a new guitar player.

Let's say that Duff, Matt, and Slash got together with Wieland, and they called themselves Guns n' Roses

If that had happened and say, I didnt like it, I would DEFINETELY not be here bitching and moaning about it but rather do something fun.

Fair enough, but isn't a new guitar player a big deal? ?But that's what I found funny about it: ?Unless it was Slash, no one cared!! ?Sure, there was some speculation of guys that only guitar die-hards knew, but once the lights went up, I looked at that guy (Bumblefoot) and said "OK, I have no clue who that guy is. ?Now where's Axl." ?I think that I'm in the majority here. ? I won't get into an "old vs. new" debate again for the millionth time, but I will say that I follow the new "band" because that' where Axl is. ?In my opinion, he has the most unique voice in rock music. ?THAT'S who I go to see.

-DCK, I also understand your point about moving on if you didn't like it, but that's essentially what I did with VR. ?I had (and still don't) have any interest in what they're doing, no matter what they call themselves. ?Because Scott Weiland is not Axl Rose, and Duff and Matt aren't important enough to me. ?They can be replaced.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: