Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:32:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everyone's Favorite GNR High point AND Low Point
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyone's Favorite GNR High point AND Low Point  (Read 14849 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2006, 09:59:15 AM »

HIGHT: everything of the old band. It was an amazing erea. I was lucky enough to know the old band back in the days, and even if I was a child, I will never forget it. It will never be the same and never be as fantastic as it was. They were the real deal. They were "Guns N' Roses".
Also the Axl and Slash combo, they were like Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, or Page and Plant. Put these two guys together and this is History.
Slash was as important as Axl.

LOW: Buckethead joining the band and ruining the name "Guns N' Roses" during 4 or 5 terrible years. What a nightmare he was!
Also the 95-2001 erea, we didn't have any info, it was a very hard time.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 07:06:53 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2006, 10:00:36 AM »

I thought yoko was huge hihi
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2006, 11:28:30 AM »

High:  Seeing the band in June of '91 at the CNE in Toronto, before the UYI's came out.  People were just yelling songs, and they played them.  Almost a 3 hour show, and that was the first time I saw them.  Also, Slash almost ran us over on his BMX bike before the show! 

LOW:  2002 VMA's, everyone knowing I love Gn'R, then trying to justify to my friends why there was a guy in Gn'R wearing a bucket and a Phantom of the Opera mask, when I thought it was ridiculous too.

southsiderwp
Opening Act

11/24/02 - 11/24/06

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2006, 11:53:55 AM »

November 24, 2002 Cleveland
Such an awesome show, the guys totally blew the roof off in cleveland, as well as Hammerstein 5/14 took a greyhound to see the show.

Low point would be after waiting so for their return only to have it overshadowed by cancellations and no official reason only speculation

Tis only a flesh wound....
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2006, 12:46:57 PM »

high point- realizing in 1988 after seeing a show that this band was going to make history, and now in 2006 seeing that this new band is amazing, and im really impressed, and being able to move on from the old band, being able to love the new one

low point- hearing about it when izzy left and then slash and duff, and the hearing slash and duff saying less then nice things about their time in GNR
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2006, 02:58:24 PM »

High------Coming back to Texas from a month long Colorado trip and hearing that some band called Guns n Roses had somehow invaded America while I was in the mountains. I waited for around two hours driving in my car for a gnr song to be played. Finally my patience was rewarded by the station playing SCOM. I didnt stop to go home. I went straight to the record store and bought AFD.
LOW---Getting a -1 karma point on this website. beer
axlsfury
Opening Act

Gonna bring you to your sha na na na na na knees

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2006, 03:48:44 PM »

Why do people slag on the 2002 VMA's as a low point.  Fuck, I was glad to see them.  It looked like they had some technical problems but that medley was kick ass!  Check your fuckin heads.
AxlsSweetChild
Headliner

proof the band stands the test of time

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2006, 10:03:58 PM »

High Point:There still being a band
                           Low Point: The Spaghetti Incident?, i was excited about that album and was very disappointed

If you play My World backwards, Axl announces the release date for Chinese Democracy
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2006, 07:37:41 AM »

High Point:? High Pont Seeing my 3rd Gn'R show at the Boston Garden on St. Patricks Day 1993.

Low Point:? Axl and 7 other musicians that have nothing to do with Gn'R's legacy touring under the Gn'R name...

« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 07:48:22 AM by tomass74 » Logged

WeHeldTogether
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2006, 07:58:11 AM »

High: Use Your Illusions.  They are two very awesome albums.  & also when the band as it is today came back and did the Hammerstein shows and RIR.

Low: 95-01, when there was no news of GNR's return or anything else.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2006, 08:02:25 AM »

High Point: May 12, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City. Hands down the best concert I've ever been to in my life. I've seen over 300 shows in my time including several concerts with the old GNR lineup and this statement remains true.

Low Point: November 21, 2002 Palace of Auburn Hills. Despite the show going well enough to play Rhiad for the only time ever in the US, Axl gets pissed a techical issues during Patience. He throws the mic down and leaves. The house lights come up and the show is over without an encore.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Death Cube K
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2006, 08:20:08 AM »

Low Point:  Axl and 7 other musicians that have nothing to do with Gn'R's legacy touring under the Gn'R name...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=15.0
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2006, 08:24:12 AM »

Low Point:  Axl and 7 other musicians that have nothing to do with Gn'R's legacy touring under the Gn'R name...

Hahaha.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Death Cube K
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2006, 08:52:18 AM »

Some people need guidance in their lives towards salvation.  hihi
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2006, 08:53:34 AM »

High - Joining this board and officially becoming a GN'R diehard. And the first time I listened to Estranged all the way through.

Low - Having never seen the new or old band live. Especialy the old band.

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2006, 09:24:48 AM »

Low Point:? Axl and 7 other musicians that have nothing to do with Gn'R's legacy touring under the Gn'R name...

doesn't he have a legit point if he's been a fan for a long time>? Why does everyone dismiss that as being alowpoint.. ? Is it a high point of queen going on without freddy, or the doors without jim morrison? I think those are low points.. Most fans who were so into something can't just switch their likes and dislikes because the gnr name just goes on with new people.. What's the point of getting into a band then it changes completly? I love motley crue, you think if nikki tommy n mick were replaced I'd love the new band the same.??
Death Cube K
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2006, 09:43:57 AM »

I love motley crue, you think if nikki tommy n mick were replaced I'd love the new band the same.??

Fair point, but this is not the time or the place and to compare Axl Rose with Vince Neil is utterly stupid. This not something that happened over night, it's been changing since 1991 and that gives people plenty of time to either go with the flow or jump the ship all togheter.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2006, 09:49:40 AM »

I love motley crue, you think if nikki tommy n mick were replaced I'd love the new band the same.??

Fair point, but this is not the time or the place and to compare Axl Rose with Vince Neil is utterly stupid. This not something that happened over night, it's been changing since 1991 and that gives people plenty of time to either go with the flow or jump the ship all togheter.

it doesn't matter if you like vince or not, it's the point that counts... We aren't comparing talents, just bands.. It is true it has been changing for years, but it didn't change in front of your eyes, it kind of went away then people left during the hiatus then a new band appeared while waiting for one album all that time... if it was like th illusions it might had been easier to adjust, just to many key members who made gnr left, ..

I mean only one person from the afd cross is in the band, that's the album that is praised by every rock or metal fan...

I think a band that became as big as gnr can't just leave for that period of time and just switch up like that..

How many people can be in one band before it becomes spinal tapish.. 99 you had diferent players, 2001 you had different players, 2002 you had different, 2006 different again..

Sure a few have remained like robin n tommy but it seems to just be a revolving door, that's not the way a band should be, how can you like anyone when it always switches up.. The album cd must have had tons of other players through the years, it's crazy
Death Cube K
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2006, 10:08:03 AM »

I think a band that became as big as gnr can't just leave for that period of time and just switch up like that..

Lack of proper communication during those 10 years is the biggest problem.

I didnt say Vince Neil was bad in any way, it's just a way different situation. Hell, my other fave band just replaced their lead singer and Im not very happy about that.

But this aint the place for another discussion. Ive had plenty of them during the last 8 years and Im fed up with it.

If this was 1998 I would have agreed with you, but it's been 8 years and people from my point of view are too late. They should have said something back then and not now.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2006, 10:13:09 AM »

High point: RIR3 .. The band was back. Axl was back.. The Future looked bright.

Low point: RIR5.. The same setlists, still no album in sight, no new single, no website, a few new members come and gone... The same thing as 5 years ago.  Total lack of progress and not where i expected the band to be in 2006 after watching RIR3.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: