Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:39:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everyone's Favorite GNR High point AND Low Point
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyone's Favorite GNR High point AND Low Point  (Read 14852 times)
Steel_Angel
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 03:22:35 AM »

if u dont like the new band simply GTFO. no point in being here.

high point: VMA's '02 (first time i started getting into gnr)

low point: Cancellation of the rest of the 2002 tour. like cyber said.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 04:15:22 AM »

Great post! ok

High point: Watching the WTTJ video for the first time after school one day at the age of 8!  smoking

Low point: Having the tickets in my hand to go see them in Europe back in 2001, only to hear Axl say he didn't even know about the tour and sending back my tickets for a refund.  Undecided

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 04:18:00 AM »

High Point: The VMA's in 2002. I know one guy mentioned it as a low point, but I wasn't old enough to even know who GNR was back when they ruled the world. I bought AFD when I was in 7th grade (I think that would've been around 1999) and so I had never experienced GNR except on albums and DVDs and videoclips. I remember watching the VMAs, and I remember when Jimmy Fallon talked about having a big surprise at the end of the show. I kept hoping it would be GNR but I didn't think it actually would be (I hadn't been online any and so I hadn't heard the rumors). But when Jimmy appeared in a GNR shirt and whistled "Patience" just before one of the commercial breaks, I started to get incredibly excited. When he finally introduced the band, and I heard Axl's jungle howl, I totally jumped off the couch. I don't think I even slept that night, and I was so excited for days (if not weeks) afterwards. I was asking everybody at school the next day if they saw it. I made my parents watch the reruns of the VMAs just so I could share the great experience with them (I know a lot of people say that performance sucked, but I totally disagree; I've watched it probably a thousand times since and every time I think it's awesome. So what if Axl was a little out of breath? It was still a kickass "Round 1!!!") That was definitely my fave GNR moment, by far. But hopefully I'll have a new one if they do a US tour and I get to attend one of the shows.

Low Point: It's hard to say. Like I said above, I wasn't old enough to know GNR when they ruled the world, or else I'd probably list Izzy leaving or Slash leaving as my low point. I didn't experience it, though, and so I can't list that. But I'd probably say the canceling of their 02 tour. I was so excited that GNR was back and ready to reclaim their throne as the greatest band in the history of the universe. And then suddenly it was all over and back to normal (which was never hearing anything about them). Luckily they're back now and better than ever. The 02 tour had a very ominous feeling from the very beginning. Things are much different this time.

Here Today . . .
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 04:41:52 AM »

High point - Hammerstein may 12 2006 - just because I was there to witness an awesome return

Low point - the 2002 VMA's - Buckethead, Robin's goth phase, axl's horrible performance, no new single.... followed by 3 1/2 years of silence.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 04:43:37 AM »

those are two definetly in this era^

another tour 4 years later without an album is a big low point
Death Cube K
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2006, 05:19:56 AM »

High point: Rio 2005 when he came out with a bottle of booze and screamed "you know where the fuck you are!"

Low point: Cancellation of the 2002 tour and Izzy quitting
Origen
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2006, 05:55:02 AM »

High Point: Discovering the band for the first time in 1997 and remember thinking to myself this music is unreal.

Low Point: Seeing the 2002 VMAs for the first time and being in utter shock.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 06:00:21 AM by Origen » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2006, 06:13:54 AM »

HIGH : live in Santiago in Chile

LOW : i guess LA or something.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2006, 06:21:47 AM »

Robin joining the band beer

Buckethead quitting. The silence.

Even though the 02 VMA's wasn't great, hearing Madagascar live on MTV was a very high point.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2006, 06:22:17 AM »

High: ?MSG '91, Hammerstein '06, AFD

Low: ?Since I Don't Have You, 1994-2005
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006, 06:27:11 AM »

High ...... going to see them last week at hammersmith

low.... 1991/2 when it was clear the band was no longer a band and knew it was going to end.

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2006, 06:27:43 AM »

High: 5/17/06 - Seeing Axl hug Izzy on stage. I must be the only one who thinks this is of monumental significance.

Izzy coming on stage with the new "Guns" is huge. He is giving his blessing to the new incarnation, which means a lot. Since then, not only is he giving his blessing he has ACTUALLY FUCKING PARTICIPATED on a regular basis. Monumental in my opinion for so many reasons.

Low: A decade plus of silence. GnR (and I do blame them collectively) killed rock music. As unfair as it is to put such responsibility on a group of guys, the fact remains that GnR were RnR in the early 90's. They were the next Stones, Aerosmith to carry Rock into the coming decades and they totally blew it.

Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2006, 06:58:07 AM »

Wow... I wonder what Nesquick's contribution to this thread will be....  Huh

It couldn't be Buckethead, afterall he interests him so little that he never wants to bring him up in any way. rofl hihi

-PEACE-

Ps.

Low point: The cancelled 02 tour. I felt really sorry for those who were let down.

High point: Getting here on May 13 to discover Bumblefoot had joined (just like Buckethead back then).

illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2006, 07:02:09 AM »

First off - great thread - it's nice to take a break from the tired debates ?peace

High:
#1 05/12/06 & 05/17/06 ?Band showed how great the really are.
#2 Freddie Mercury tribute concert - I think the old bands best perfromance, I ge tthe chills when I watch AXl come out during BR with Elton John.

Low:
this doesn't bother me that nuch, but I have to put something so I will say that the lack of communication with the fans. On the flip side it does add a bit of mystery around the band wich keeps me somewhat interesting

Last comment - GNR FUCKIN' ROCK (both old and new members)

Wake up. . . .time to die
Megaguns
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2006, 07:05:50 AM »

HIGH: Freddy tribute.
LOW: The day axl looked in the mirror and thought "It would be cool to wear tight bike shorts on stage"
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2006, 07:10:53 AM »

High point

I was about 9 or 10 and I was going out to eat at the resturant my mom worked at with my dad and he had the radio cranked so loud it gave me a headache. Guess whol was on the radio! GUNS N' Roses SWEET CHILD O MINE

Low point

Slash Leaving, I wish the old guys could get back or at least slash , he blows these other players away

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2006, 07:23:35 AM »

High: Freddie Mercury tribute concert

Low: Dead People at Donnington  Cry

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2006, 07:41:56 AM »

High- tied-waiting in line in 91 to get uyi the day they came out
                 seeing that 2006 is the real return of GNR

low- having tickets for the Tampa show ( which was cancelled)

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Slashs Appetite
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2006, 08:05:34 AM »

High: 07/06/06 - Hammersmith Apollo. First time I saw them live, absolutely amazing.

Low: The fact it's not Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler. I miss the old band so much Sad (despite the fact I love the new one)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2006, 09:37:14 AM »

HIGH: Freddy tribute.
LOW: The day axl looked in the mirror and thought "It would be cool to wear tight bike shorts on stage"

Love the av, I've had that comic book for so many years now beer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: