Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 08:20:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everyone's Favorite GNR High point AND Low Point
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyone's Favorite GNR High point AND Low Point  (Read 13067 times)
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2006, 06:42:46 PM »

And anyone who says "Move on" with the new band, I am.  I'm moving on with whoever is playing behind Axl. 
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2006, 06:59:59 PM »

high points- being so close to Axl in RiR and being so fucking proud of being a GNR fan that day, Axl?s voice (now and then)...

low points- axl?s braids no Cry, axl?s new pimp-like style, slash leaving, three guitar players in the band (not that I don?t like time, I actually do, just think three are not needed, at least to play the old songs, that will just put ppl comparing them to Slash)....

Off-topic (or not): guys I think we gotta be a bit more comprehensive here... This is a forum so it?s pretty normal ppl come here and write their opinions on the topics... I just don?t get why all ppl that come here and just say they prefer the old band, are treated like morons or as if they should shut up or not being here and whatever. God, what?s the problem about saying they prefer the old band? That?s so pretty normal indeed. In my case, although prefering the old one I support this new band. But some don?t... and we gotta respect that. I think the new guys are great and the new songs too. But you gotta see that as this band is still called GNR ppl will ALWAYS compare them to the old band... it?s inevitable! And by playing so many AFD songs and all that, it will just put ppl thinking about the old band. I don?t have a formed opinion on if this new band should or not be called GNR... But one thing I know for sure, all this old band vs new band would just end if the name was different. This new band would have its own reputation and popularity, they would play only their songs, u kno all of that. But then, where would we hear the old songs again? In our computers? That?s the problem down here... lol this is all very complex indeed. This all to say that we?re here just for one thing- GNR... It doesn?t matter if we prefer the old band or just this new one, or even just Axl lol... or am I in the wrong board too to think this way? Roll Eyes

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2006, 07:58:02 PM »

High: Chris Pitman joining the band

Low: Mickey Mouse Gig at WMA's

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2006, 08:04:23 PM »

Off-topic (or not): guys I think we gotta be a bit more comprehensive here... This is a forum so it?s pretty normal ppl come here and write their opinions on the topics... I just don?t get why all ppl that come here and just say they prefer the old band, are treated like morons or as if they should shut up or not being here and whatever. God, what?s the problem about saying they prefer the old band? That?s so pretty normal indeed. In my case, although prefering the old one I support this new band. But some don?t... and we gotta respect that. I think the new guys are great and the new songs too. But you gotta see that as this band is still called GNR ppl will ALWAYS compare them to the old band... it?s inevitable! And by playing so many AFD songs and all that, it will just put ppl thinking about the old band. I don?t have a formed opinion on if this new band should or not be called GNR... But one thing I know for sure, all this old band vs new band would just end if the name was different. This new band would have its own reputation and popularity, they would play only their songs, u kno all of that. But then, where would we hear the old songs again? In our computers? That?s the problem down here... lol this is all very complex indeed. This all to say that we?re here just for one thing- GNR... It doesn?t matter if we prefer the old band or just this new one, or even just Axl lol... or am I in the wrong board too to think this way? Roll Eyes
Its not that some people are treated as morons...its just ?(and I may be speaking out of my ass here) but I got the feeling this is a pro-now gnr forum. If someone wants to take a crap on the new band surely they can go to another forum and do that. Or just post in dead horse.Because everytime I hear someone say I prefer Slash this or Duff that I just hope that the forum guys (or girls) just take the subject to dead horse so I dont have to read it. As for the name we all know why axl has got it and there is no need to regurgitate it here. If he wants to call it that it is his right.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2006, 09:59:45 PM »

Low Point:  Axl and 7 other musicians that have nothing to do with Gn'R's legacy touring under the Gn'R name...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=15.0

doesn't he have a legit point if he's been a fan for a long time>? Why does everyone dismiss that as being alowpoint.. ? Is it a high point of queen going on without freddy, or the doors without jim morrison? I think those are low points.. Most fans who were so into something can't just switch their likes and dislikes because the gnr name just goes on with new people.. What's the point of getting into a band then it changes completly? I love motley crue, you think if nikki tommy n mick were replaced I'd love the new band the same.??

It just that EVERY SINGLE THREAD doesn't have to be reduced to old/new band bullshit. His low "point" isn't a "point" at all. It's been going on for years and years now so it's not really one low point in time.

It was just yet another way to say something stupid about the new band.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2006, 11:11:47 PM »

how come allman bros fans dont really bitch cause dicky is gone? 
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2006, 04:49:00 AM »

because gnr fans like to follow the gnr name even if the lineup isn't their cup of tea...

So willingly you put yourself thru disappointments and obviously all kinds of frustrations concerning this lineup just because you declared yourself a GNR fan maybe 15 years ago?

That's just rubbish mate.

I didnt follow Slash's solo career with Snakepit because I thought it was rubbish, so I didnt bother with it.

No because I follow axl rose... That's what I'm saying, I don't need to be into a member beside axl to still want to hear the music or see him perform live... It's like following any ex member, who cares about the people in their bands, the interest is in them..
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2006, 05:49:05 AM »

high point:see them in budapest 2006 and ron and finck in the band

low point: duff,slash and mat ballshit about Axl

I have never seen so many tree
Death Cube K
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2006, 07:40:59 AM »

Fair enough, but isn't a new guitar player a big deal?  But that's what I found funny about it:  Unless it was Slash, no one cared!!  Sure, there was some speculation of guys that only guitar die-hards knew, but once the lights went up, I looked at that guy (Bumblefoot) and said "OK, I have no clue who that guy is.  Now where's Axl."  I think that I'm in the majority here.   I won't get into an "old vs. new" debate again for the millionth time, but I will say that I follow the new "band" because that' where Axl is.  In my opinion, he has the most unique voice in rock music.  THAT'S who I go to see.

Regarding Bumblefoot you are quite right. Most people don't care, they will care as time goes by but most don't care. I care about Robin Finck, a member of GNR for a whopping 10 years, or Tommy Stinson, a member of 8 years. I would have known who he was by seeing him as I knew who he was and even mentioned him to Tommy in 2004 even before HE know anything about him.

I do follow VR a bit, it's just that it doesnt really thrill me. I go where the fun is and I dont seek frustration and anger by will.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2006, 08:45:52 AM »

because gnr fans like to follow the gnr name even if the lineup isn't their cup of tea...

So willingly you put yourself thru disappointments and obviously all kinds of frustrations concerning this lineup just because you declared yourself a GNR fan maybe 15 years ago?

That's just rubbish mate.

I didnt follow Slash's solo career with Snakepit because I thought it was rubbish, so I didnt bother with it.

No because I follow axl rose... That's what I'm saying, I don't need to be into a member beside axl to still want to hear the music or see him perform live... It's like following any ex member, who cares about the people in their bands, the interest is in them..

Thats where my interest lies also...

/KFed
Death Cube K
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2006, 10:48:56 AM »

So, you feel the positive sides to this GNR outnumbers the negative?

Or do you wanna follow Axl Rose despite being frustrated and annoyed all the time?

The last one doesnt add up for me.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2006, 10:56:58 AM »

So, you feel the positive sides to this GNR outnumbers the negative?

Or do you wanna follow Axl Rose despite being frustrated and annoyed all the time?

The last one doesnt add up for me.

Yes the positive sides to this GnR outnumber the negative.. anything that gets Axl out of his house playing music is good for me.. Im a huge Axl rose fan...i have been for years.. i have a portrait of the guy tattooed on my leg.... i love the guy and his music.

Im frustrated and annoyed because i have seen this show before.. this setlist, this lack of info, the same songs and excuses for the last 6 years...  I expect more from this band.  I dont want to hear the same songs or setlist at RIR 5 that i heard at RIR3.... If hes gonna do that just put the old band back together and play the hits.... 

If not stfu about CD and the "Big Guns"... 

time to shit or get off the pot axl.... even some of your diehards are getting pissed.

Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2006, 11:00:43 AM »

High points:
- discovering my fetish for music made with attitude = discovering AFD
- VMA '88
- The return of a "real" band at hammersteins (even though i wasn't there
-Rock Am Ring 2006. That sow was so fucking cool i was litterally scared sometimes through out the show

Low Points:
- 1993 until 2002
- VMA 2002 (nightmares anyone?)
- december 2002 until early 2006

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2006, 11:06:45 AM »

High point - Watching the band in 2006 at Rock am Ring (dream come true)

Low Point(s) - Chancelled tour in 2001 (had tickets for 2 shows, that was bitter to read that mail), Buckethead being in the band, Axl's new high pitched voice from 2001-2002, Axl in HipHop clothes, since 2001 only old material except for 3 or 4 songs/show
Death Cube K
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2006, 01:26:58 PM »

even some of your diehards are getting pissed.

Please 20% die hards or please 80% of the rest
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2006, 08:41:53 PM »

High point: seeing a sneak peak of the world premier of the "Patience" video on MTV a week before it was released.  It was this video which got me into the band and the rest was history.   peace

Low point: speaking as a long-time fan, the low point for me has to be the departure of Izzy Stradlin from the full-time lineup in 1991.  By this point I was so into the band and I was listening to the Illusion albums every day after school over and over again.  When it was announced Izzy left, I had bad feeling.  Am I not the only one?  Even then, I knew it was the beginning of the end when he left the band.  Steven could be replaced, but not Izzy, as he was very instrumental in the bands projects and lyric writing, whereas Adler had very little overall input.  At the time, I thought Matt kicked ass, and the band rocked.  I was never a big fan of Gilby either.  Of course, I was right, Izzy's departure was the beginning of the end,  and the band has still yet to cut an album of original material since. 

The band just had a different feel after Izzy left.  The YCBM video ranks as one of my most favorites just for the small Izzy parts (even though he forsook the final scene with Ahnold).  Don't Cry, NR and Estranged would have all been better videos with Izzy.  OK, OK... enough of my rant, but I think I'm on to something here.  People saying the 2002 VMA's were the low point haven't been a fan since 1988 I suppose, because there were so many much lower points for the band before 2002.   By 2002, the cancellation of the tour and the lack of an album came as very little surprise to most who had lived and died with the band since the 80's.   I don't think any of us were quite ready for Izzy's departure.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2006, 06:40:58 AM »

I care about Robin Finck, a member of GNR for a whopping 10 years,

Has he really been in the band for 10 years already?!?!? Holy crap, I didn't realize he'd been around so long. That's longer than Slash, isn't it?

Here Today . . .
diablo280273
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2006, 06:57:46 AM »

High: 1986 'till 1993, seeing them in 1993 in Nijmegen, GnR returning to a rock 'n roll band on the 2006 tour! Axl in public again!

Low: Departure of the old members and the arival of Buckethead and Chris Pittman, songs like Oh my God and Silkworms, Axl's clothing and style in 2002 getting all exited about the 2002 tour and seeing that Axl turned what once was the greatest rock 'n roll band on the planet into a freakshow.? Cry..........and still waiting for the release of something that probably is never gonna be as good again as it once was.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 07:05:40 AM by diablo280273 » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2006, 08:26:14 AM »

there's many highs and many lows, but i will narrow them down to one of each....

HIGH: june 1991 concert in philly -  a fight breaks out in the front row during WTTJ and axl stops the music and goes off on this guy big time. i'm thinking a riot is gonna break out. then axl says to take it from the top, so i get to hear the first half of my favorite song ever made two times. it was incredible and something i'll never forget.

LOW: philly riot in 2002. i had that night planned in my head for years. me and 7 of my closest friends and family, most of whom had never seen guns live before. we made an entire day out of it, and even rented a limo. we had great seats and the entire day could not have been more perfect. then axl used and abused his biggest fans.   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Death Cube K
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2006, 08:55:25 AM »

Has he really been in the band for 10 years already?!?!? Holy crap, I didn't realize he'd been around so long. That's longer than Slash, isn't it?

According to newgnr.com he joined in 1996. I thought it was in 1997, but it's basically the same and the man has been there longer than Slash. He's (Finck) the longest running fulltime guitarist of GNR of all time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: