Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:13:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver Still In "Pre-Production".
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Still In "Pre-Production".  (Read 8859 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« on: June 16, 2006, 04:25:20 PM »

From the fine folks at:

www.blabbermouth.net

A spokesperson for VELVET REVOLVER's record label has told Launch Radio Networks that the group are still in "pre-production" on their second album, despite bassist Duff McKagan telling Launch three months ago that the band was slated to enter the studio in April.

As previously reported, VELVET REVOLVER recently recorded a new song for the upcoming animated film "Monster House".

Confirmed VELVET REVOLVER tour dates:

Jul. 21 - Las Vegas, NV - Hard Rock Hotel
Jul. 22 - Costa Mesa, CA - The Pacific Amphitheatre
Jul. 29 - Kelseyville, CA - Konocti Harbor Resort & Spa
Jul. 30 - Paso Robles, CA - Paso Robles Events Center

In other words, they look to be still writing.

Origen
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 05:12:15 PM »

Looks like this might not be out till 2007, which is unfortunate for somethink that was originally planned to come out Christmas 2005.

I wanted them to take there time with this record, but I think there taken too much now  hihi
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 05:15:38 PM »

Im still hoping for a fall release.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 05:39:32 PM »

It's not gonna happen.  they havent even begun the recording process.  And with the shows they plan on doing, as well as dealing with schedules of the different producers that they want involved, the record labels promotion strategy, we will be lucky to see the new album by spring of 07.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 05:51:38 PM »

I just hope if it takes longer they are doing it for a better album not for side bullshit like clothing lines or other solo projects
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 09:11:52 PM »

It's not gonna happen.  they havent even begun the recording process.  And with the shows they plan on doing, as well as dealing with schedules of the different producers that they want involved, the record labels promotion strategy, we will be lucky to see the new album by spring of 07.

I don't mean to complain but I don't get what the delay is all about. I mean i know its nothing compared to the CD delay - but at least that one partially involved finding new band members etc. This is just like "we're too busy doing stuff like touring with AIC"...oh well...i should get them a break huh - i mean they just finished the big world tour and all that....its just a new album would be very cool!
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 07:09:15 AM »

I need a new VR album, there success cant be on one album alone!!if this band is serious about what they are doing, they would concentrate on the album more, rather than playing shows with no album to support, playing the same setlist they have played for the last 2years no

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 08:03:39 AM »

I need a new VR album, there success cant be on one album alone!!if this band is serious about what they are doing, they would concentrate on the album more, rather than playing shows with no album to support, playing the same setlist they have played for the last 2years no

agreed.  they should've been well into production by now.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 09:20:07 AM »

2-3 years is normal time for new albums or should I say between albums... There's nothing wrong with getting out there and at least playing, but you have to have a product eventually.. First tour they were supporting something, now they are making a new album... it's not like new guns where you wanted cd got a tour in 01-02, then waited more for cd then get a tour in 06 while you still wait for cd..

A few shows now is cool, we're are just die hard followers of slash duff or whoever so we get sick of things way to easy compared to normal people..
makane
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 09:25:40 AM »

When is the Monster House movie OST coming?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 10:00:05 AM »

2-3 years is normal time for new albums or should I say between albums... There's nothing wrong with getting out there and at least playing, but you have to have a product eventually.. First tour they were supporting something, now they are making a new album... it's not like new guns where you wanted cd got a tour in 01-02, then waited more for cd then get a tour in 06 while you still wait for cd..

A few shows now is cool, we're are just die hard followers of slash duff or whoever so we get sick of things way to easy compared to normal people..

id say about 2years, but the thing that gets to me, is things like people from the band saying the new product will be out at this time, then its not out till maybe a year later etc.....things change yes, but i mean come on VR, you must do shows with new material........

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
avesia
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 10:07:03 AM »

you aren't talking about Chinese Democracy, right?   hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 10:07:54 AM »

id say about 2years, but the thing that gets to me, is things like people from the band saying the new product will be out at this time, then its not out till maybe a year later etc.....things change yes, but i mean come on VR, you must do shows with new material........

I think they should play something new, I have no idea what will happen at these shows, has to happen first..
Spiochu
Opening Act

...don't you forget to put roses on my grave...

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 12:47:18 PM »

Maybe guys are just shocked by GN'R 2.0 leaks and can't just go forward  Tongue
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 04:03:36 PM »

When is the Monster House movie OST coming?

July 18th from what i hear
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 04:04:35 PM »

I think they should play something new, I have no idea what will happen at these shows, has to happen first..

Come On Come In is less than 1 year old hihi
SlashIsTheMan
Headliner

Slash is God...pray to him!

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 02:01:34 AM »

im thinking the new album is gonna come by fall of this year. maybe the album is gonna be a classic and they want to make sure everything is great. i dont mind waiting...VR rocks sooo hard!!! peace plus they did have the come on come in.which is less than a year old..plus these shows..so who knows..maybe they might throw something new in there. whoever goes has to let us know the set list!  Grin

I would be a groupie for slash any day.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 04:20:40 AM »

yeah but you know these maniacs go to many shows so the setlists needs to change bi weekly hihi
SlashIsTheMan
Headliner

Slash is God...pray to him!

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 01:29:25 PM »

hahaa..very true..but if someone could go to one show and get that setlist! that would be sweet!! oh and take pics and put them up here!  ok

I would be a groupie for slash any day.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 04:06:04 AM »

By the way, I suppose that there was a topic about it, but I'm pretty new here. So, what do you think about Come On Come In? It's kinda boring, I think...

"...It don't really matter..."
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: