Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:26:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How has axl's voice been at the last couple shows??
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How has axl's voice been at the last couple shows??  (Read 6389 times)
There Was A Time
Opening Act

Lonely Teardrops Calling Me.....

« on: June 14, 2006, 07:17:52 PM »

mostly download and the last show that just took place.  Is he reverting to the high pitched voice or keepin it raspy?
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 07:23:32 PM »

The raspy is back .... the SAVAGE MOTHERFUCKER is back into the Jungle  hihi

Axl voice is great he is in shape, rock on !!!

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
anythinggoes
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 07:24:48 PM »

sounds like the hammerstien bootlegs axls voice has been good the whole time better than the o2 voice and more refined then the nineties but still rocking
estranged.1098
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 07:30:47 PM »

I thought he sounded a lot better at Download compared to Hammerstein, at least on the bootlegs.
Christian
VIP

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 07:31:32 PM »

He's voice is getting better and better.
Download festival was incredible!!!
Like a dream!
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 07:34:26 PM »

i've never heard him sound so good as at hammersmith and download. He's better imo than ever.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 07:37:17 PM »

His voice is a lot better than the 02' shows. I think his best vocal so far is on 'Better' from the Donnington 06'. I think Axl should stop running around a lot and focus on the vocals more. I think this performance was a clear indication of that.
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 07:41:11 PM »

His voice is a lot better than the 02' shows. I think his best vocal so far is on 'Better' from the Donnington 06'. I think Axl should stop running around a lot and focus on the vocals more. I think this performance was a clear indication of that.

nah man he has to run around!! Grin

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Christian
VIP

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 07:42:43 PM »

Ok, but he didn't moved at the song because he was very angry with the crowd, not because he was tryin' to get a better voice in the song
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 08:09:49 PM »

i KNEW and always said axl would take over the world again, and now he has. sweet times. Cool
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 09:01:47 PM »

I heard the "I Used to Love Her" bootleg from download and it sounded exactly like old Axl (from the original lineup).  I couldn't believe it, hopefully he'll keep it up.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
estranged.1098
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 09:09:50 PM »

I heard the "I Used to Love Her" bootleg from download and it sounded exactly like old Axl (from the original lineup).  I couldn't believe it, hopefully he'll keep it up.

You should really download the whole thing, he sounds amazing:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=31823.0
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 10:19:44 PM »

Some ?of the people that were at Download ?that don't like Axl said his voice was atrocious. ? Apparently these people never saw Axl Rose between 87-93 because in donnington he sounded close to what he sounded in the illsuions era. ?I don't understood why so many people dislike Axl vocals ?( even in his prime ) . He has one of the most unique voices in the history of rock . ?I saw ?the Sebastian Bach and Axl duet of "My Michelle " from download ?and i think Axl's vocals were more powerful ?than Baz. ?Yet people say that bach put Axl to shame and that he is a greater frontman. ? You can here some people getting upset on the bootleg when Axl began singing with Baz( apparently they thought Baz was going to sing by himself. ?I just think that no matter how great Axl sings ?people will always say his vocals suck. ? I would like to know what people thought of janis Joplin's vocals when she broke into the scene. ?Were her vocals admired? ?Or did alot of people react the same way they do towards ?Axl's ?voice?
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 10:24:26 PM »

I've not been to one of the shows, but from what I've heard from '02 and now...Axl's voice is sooooo much better.  I really worried there for a while.   Embarrassed

It's all a matter of taste.  Axl's voice has always touched me in some way that I can't explain.  My mom doesn't like his voice, though.   She thinks it's horrible.  I've tried to make her see the error of her ways...  hihi

Don't know about the Joplin thing.  Before my time.   Smiley
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 07:57:39 AM »

Question :

I don't understandd why so many people dislike Axl vocals (even in his prime)

Answer :

He has one of the most unique voices in the history of rock.

The uniqueness makes it controversial...
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 08:09:06 AM »

Axl's voice is the reason most people are into Guns N' Roses.

It's one of those voices...you either love it or you hate it.
badapple81
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 08:48:13 AM »

Judging by some of the Download clips I saw.. it is raspy and quite simply fucking awesome!
Jonathan
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 08:48:45 AM »

His voice is amazing, period.

Dublin was the shit.
ironfin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 10:16:51 AM »

His voice was fantastic. Its better now than what it was during 92 - 93. Its really fucking powerfull. Basically he kicks your ass. He's still got it after all this time. He is one cool muthafuckka. If you get the chance go and see him. He's a living legend and you will be entertained.

The only downside imo is that the guitarists dont quite nail slashs solos on some of the songs. Also the set loses a bit of momentuem cause Axl leaves the stage a lot, also the guitar solos suck. However the new songs sound really good. If you want an example of how powerfull Axls voice is these days goto youtube.com and find a live version of Better.ery soft

Also on Patience and KOHD his voice is very soft reminded me of the intro to Cival War. What a voice its great to hear it again sounding better than ever.
Shirell
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 03:17:02 PM »

Amazing, totally out of this world amazing is the answer to this question.  Axl rocks!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: