Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:45:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is a Setlist Change Coming?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is a Setlist Change Coming?  (Read 6246 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« on: June 14, 2006, 04:32:39 PM »

I don't want another dream setlist thread... this is merely about some clues we're getting.

Ron's been playing parts of Don't Cry in his solo and apparently last night the whole thing?!?

And Dizzy jammed on Civil War last night.

Might we see these songs go in and some of the AFD songs come out?

They also seem to be rotating the newer tunes... no Madagascar last night. I'd be so pissed if I didn't get that song live as it's one of my favorites. But.

Will those go in? And what comes out?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 04:35:04 PM »

I'm sure the final decision is up to Axl, but I'd assume the band is probably getting tired of churning out the same tunes every night......

and they gotta be dying to play more new stuff that is their original work.

It has to change by the time they get back to the USA....
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 04:37:51 PM »

Everything this band does is for a reason.  I honestly believe Axl is having some fun having B and Diz do these little numbers for us, the hardcores on the boards.

He's getting us ready for some setlist changes.  But the changes might not happen until the US tour.

Origen
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 04:43:55 PM »

My theory:

CD will be a 3 album, over a few years. So...

2006: Appetite For Destruction dominated Setlist, with hardly no Illusion songs and a few new songs. Later on album Part 1 Released.

2007: Use Your Illusion dominated setlist, only the key hits from Appetite, and more new songs from the new album. Part II of the album released later that year.

2008: Chinese Democracy dominated setlist, with only the hits from Appetite & the Illusions. Setlist consisting of alot of songs from Part 1 and 2 of the albums. Final album released that year.

2009: Wrap up tour, Greatist Hits from all albums playing this year, with a revolving setlist.

I know it will never happen this way, but I can dream  ok
SkiX
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 04:59:15 PM »

I don't want another dream setlist thread... this is merely about some clues we're getting.

Ron's been playing parts of Don't Cry in his solo and apparently last night the whole thing?!?

And Dizzy jammed on Civil War last night.

Might we see these songs go in and some of the AFD songs come out?

They also seem to be rotating the newer tunes... no Madagascar last night. I'd be so pissed if I didn't get that song live as it's one of my favorites. But.

Will those go in? And what comes out?

Ron's played all of Don't Cry before... but Dizzy jammed Civil War?! I must hear that...
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 05:04:17 PM »

Everything this band does is for a reason.  I honestly believe Axl is having some fun having B and Diz do these little numbers for us, the hardcores on the boards.

He's getting us ready for some setlist changes.  But the changes might not happen until the US tour.

I don't think he really cares that much more about the die hards then he does the "non board" members.  I definitely don't think he puts us into the equation when deciding what the set list is....

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 05:10:18 PM »

Everything this band does is for a reason.? I honestly believe Axl is having some fun having B and Diz do these little numbers for us, the hardcores on the boards.

He's getting us ready for some setlist changes.? But the changes might not happen until the US tour.

I don't think he really cares that much more about the die hards then he does the "non board" members.? I definitely don't think he puts us into the equation when deciding what the set list is....

Hey

Ya never know.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 05:18:11 PM »

Everything this band does is for a reason.? I honestly believe Axl is having some fun having B and Diz do these little numbers for us, the hardcores on the boards.

He's getting us ready for some setlist changes.? But the changes might not happen until the US tour.

I don't think he really cares that much more about the die hards then he does the "non board" members.? I definitely don't think he puts us into the equation when deciding what the set list is....

If that were the case, I think Axl would have previewed Chinese Democracy in it's entirety during the Hammerstein shows... hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 05:42:33 PM »

But everyone knows Dont Cry and Civil War, I dont think he does it for the hardcore. The hardcore wants new stuff since they heard the old shit over and over.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 05:48:19 PM »

But everyone knows Dont Cry and Civil War, I dont think he does it for the hardcore. The hardcore wants new stuff since they heard the old shit over and over.

But the hardcores are the only ones bitching over the setlist everyday.  Everyone here will flip out if they put civil war or Don't Cry in the setlist.

I don't think he really cares that much more about the die hards then he does the "non board" members.  I definitely don't think he puts us into the equation when deciding what the set list is....

If that were the case, I think Axl would have previewed Chinese Democracy in it's entirety during the Hammerstein shows... hihi

Hell, if he did that, then the suspense will be over. 

GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 05:49:41 PM »

what show did ron play all of dont cry?
SkiX
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 05:51:46 PM »

what show did ron play all of dont cry?

ummm budapest I think... he plays the clip he usually plays of it, then plays the whole thing
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 06:37:53 PM »

Is a Setlist Change Coming?

I don't think soon is the word...

Like peeing clouds!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 06:46:19 PM »

Once again I don?t think that any major setlist changes will happen until the album comes out.  I definitely want to be at the first show after that happens!!! Smiley

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 07:38:13 PM »

i'd love them to slowly move towards more illusion stuff, and then when CD drops to move to that. I think they should always open with jungle! Grin no matter how good CD is, always jungle!!

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Elrothiel
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 08:26:51 PM »

My theory:

2006: Appetite For Destruction dominated Setlist, with hardly no Illusion songs and a few new songs. Later on album Part 1 Released.

2007: Use Your Illusion dominated setlist, only the key hits from Appetite, and more new songs from the new album. Part II of the album released later that year.

2008: Chinese Democracy dominated setlist, with only the hits from Appetite & the Illusions. Setlist consisting of alot of songs from Part 1 and 2 of the albums. Final album released that year.

2009: Wrap up tour, Greatist Hits from all albums playing this year, with a revolving setlist.

I know it will never happen this way, but I can dream ok

Now that would be fuckin' awesome!! beer
estranged.1098
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 08:32:45 PM »

My theory:

I know it will never happen this way, but I can dream  ok

I think the most new songs we're gonna get after the album release is about 8.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 08:35:56 PM »

Hardcores aren't the only ones who like Don't Cry and Civil War. Lots of people know those songs.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 08:40:39 PM »

I'm sure the final decision is up to Axl, but I'd assume the band is probably getting tired of churning out the same tunes every night......

and they gotta be dying to play more new stuff that is their original work.

It has to change by the time they get back to the USA....

I wouldnt be so sure. Im looking forward to the new stuff as much as any fan, but most people at these concerts are there for the classics. And the classics are safe crowd pleasers.
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 08:58:24 PM »

I want to hear reckliss life, nice boys, anything goes, you're crazy (Lies version) and ahem...One in a Million would be killer...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: