Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:27:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain  (Read 2389 times)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« on: June 14, 2006, 04:21:20 PM »

Does it bother anyone else that he does not seem to give a shit if he is in the band or not?  Just seems like he is  there for the paycheck and that is it.  Maybe I am wrong but he doesn't do any interviews or show any emotion that would make me think any diff.  Can we e-mail him and ask him some questions? 
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 04:23:55 PM »

Does it bother anyone else that he does not seem to give a shit if he is in the band or not?? Just seems like he is? there for the paycheck and that is it.? Maybe I am wrong but he doesn't do any interviews or show any emotion that would make me think any diff.? Can we e-mail him and ask him some questions??

You say he doesnt give a shit if he is in the band right?

So why would he give a shit about your emails?

The point of them would be?

Exactly...

Fuck All Y'all
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 04:24:23 PM »

Why would you want an interview if you have already come to the conclusion that he doesn't give a shit?
How did you come to this rediculous conclusion anyway?

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 04:25:55 PM »

I hate to say it... but it's the drummer. And GNR has been a rotating circle of drummers for a while. Steven. Matt. Josh. Brain.

Brain does a fine job so whatever, IMO the core of the band is Axl, Dizzy, Tommy, and Robin at this point, and it's cool to see Izzy showing up. Plus Richard is cool... dunno about Bumblefoot cuz I've never seen him live.
Origen
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 04:26:44 PM »

Because last year during interviews he said as long as the pay checks are keep coming then he'll be in the band.

At least I assume that is what he is referring to.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 04:28:13 PM »

Jimmer and Shuffle you both suck. ?I am just interested in what he would have to say. ?I want him to tell us that he does like being in the band. ?Why would this be pointless? ?I'm just wondering what others think about him. ?If he doesn't care why should we care if he is in the band? ?
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 04:30:16 PM »

Does it bother anyone else that he does not seem to give a shit if he is in the band or not?? Just seems like he is? there for the paycheck and that is it.? Maybe I am wrong but he doesn't do any interviews or show any emotion that would make me think any diff.? Can we e-mail him and ask him some questions??

they are all in for the money, even Axl... they are hired Guns, didn't you know?

nervous  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 04:37:04 PM by Velimir » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 04:32:30 PM »

Who cares if he is only in it for the money, as long as his paid work is good you have nothing to bitch about, so quit whining.

Brain is coveted by a lot of musical acts.. so bitch betta have his money. hihi
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 04:32:54 PM »

Because last year during interviews he said as long as the pay checks are keep coming then he'll be in the band.

It was obvious as well that when he made those statements it was tongue-in-cheek. ?

Jimmer and Shuffle you both suck. ?I am just interested in what he would have to say. ?I want him to tell us that he does like being in the band. ?Why would this be pointless? ?I'm just wondering what others think about him. ?If he doesn't care why should we care if he is in the band? ?

I love you too snowflake.

Brains a private person with a warped and sarcastic sense of humor. ?I would react the same damn way if some people thought I didn't give a shit about my band.

Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »

Its not normally the drummers who have the greatest creative input in any case.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 04:35:29 PM »

how do you know they are there for the money..?
have you asked to him??
well drum magazine asked?
and you know what was his answer???
that he is there cuz he loves it, he doesnt feel as a hired gun.. cuz he is there to write rock.. the only thing he wasnt sure was bout the time when it was supposed to start again..
and dude it started like a month ago

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 04:45:48 PM »

He is a professional musician, He is in it for the money, He plays in other bands too, its like a side project to him,I think. So what? He plays very well and practices the songs. Who cares if he gets a GNR tatoo on his ass.

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
knut
Who needs custom titles anyway?
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 04:51:55 PM »

Irony is a form of utterance that postulates a double audience, consisting of one party that hearing shall hear and shall not understand, and another party that, when more is meant than meets the ear, is aware, both of that ?more? and of the outsider?s incomprehension.

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 04:52:49 PM »

he's been in the band over 5 years now, give em' a break!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 04:53:33 PM »

Brain plays his ass off every time with GN'R.  If he didn't give a shit about the band, it would show up in his performance.  It hasn't, so there's your answer.

Ali
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 04:58:15 PM »

I think that is kinda of an "inside" joke.

He said the exact same thing in Lisbon when I met them and he had this funny look on his face...

So, I don't think he really means it.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 05:13:21 PM »

If he doesn't care, why do you think he's staying?

He's amazing live.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 05:21:18 PM »

Didn't Tommy state in an interview that Brain (paraphrasing from memory here) pretends to be all thug like he's just in it for the money, but really loves it? He looks like he's having a great time on stage though (from when I saw them in NYC and the boots where he is visible). He's smiling and laughing. He seems to jam well with the band, etc. All signs point to him having a good time being in the band. All except for some comment he made a few years ago.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 06:05:35 PM »

Does it bother anyone else that he does not seem to give a shit if he is in the band or not?  Just seems like he is  there for the paycheck and that is it.  Maybe I am wrong but he doesn't do any interviews or show any emotion that would make me think any diff.  Can we e-mail him and ask him some questions? 

Do you really give a shit about what he says?
If so, why don't you or other people do some search?
There's a sarch button under your user info.

I gather from the interviews of Tommy, Dizzy and Brain himself that He is one of the core members.

For instance, this is from 04 I think,

Q: One of them being GNR, who seem to be on hiatus again. Would you work with Axl?s crew again?

Brain "If GNR start up again, I?m in. I love doing it and, as crazy as it is, I really miss being all around that. I love being that rock guy when you?re in a band, and its about you and your music. Being a hired gun is a different feeling ? its not your songs, and its all about the artist you?re working for. Which is cool, but with Guns we were doing songs that I was a part of creating. And if the new album ever comes out, there are songs on there that I?ve had a hand in writing."

It's in the news section. thanks to Gypsy.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: