Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 07:04:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Time for A-Rod to say Bye-Bye to NY?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Time for A-Rod to say Bye-Bye to NY?  (Read 37320 times)
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2006, 01:26:15 AM »

Sheff needs to get back on the undetectable roids from his buddy Bonds to speed up his recovery.

I think a bigger stumbling block than the no-trade clause is that contract of A-Rod's.  Yeah, he could waive the no-trade clause to be sent somewhere, but how many teams out there would give up something AND take on even most of that huge contract?  Only the Yankees and Red Sox really have that kind of money and/or are willing to spend that kind of money, and there's no way in hell they'll send him to a team in their division.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2006, 12:01:56 PM »

Sheff needs to get back on the undetectable roids from his buddy Bonds to speed up his recovery.

I think a bigger stumbling block than the no-trade clause is that contract of A-Rod's.? Yeah, he could waive the no-trade clause to be sent somewhere, but how many teams out there would give up something AND take on even most of that huge contract?? Only the Yankees and Red Sox really have that kind of money and/or are willing to spend that kind of money, and there's no way in hell they'll send him to a team in their division.

You are absolutely right about the contract status. I really believe 2 things are possible though. I think a team in a big city ( L.A.?) that want's to make a splash and has the $$$ to do it, COULD take a chance in the near future on him.  and #2 - I think if the Yanks fail this year, and A-Rod continues to get hammered each and every day EVEN THOUGH he finishes with a line of .300 / 35hrs / 115rbi ........then he would consider that maybe it's time for a change of scenery again. Consider is the key here.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2006, 01:21:36 PM »

I think at some point Yankee fans will accept A-Rod as a "true Yankee".  If they accepted Roger Clemens (possibly the biggest scumbag in sports history who in the end gave a big Fuck You to the Yankees and their fans), they'll accept A-Rod.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2006, 01:51:42 PM »

I think at some point Yankee fans will accept A-Rod as a "true Yankee".? If they accepted Roger Clemens (possibly the biggest scumbag in sports history who in the end gave a big Fuck You to the Yankees and their fans), they'll accept A-Rod.

Yes, it's possible. Especially considering Clemens was a Red Sox.  But the personality also goes a long way with the fans of NY. Clemens was a no-nonsense in your face type of dude. Much the way the Big Unit is. But Clemens earned his respect with his performance, Johnson has not. A-Rod is still seen as a fragile pretty-boy, trying to make everyone happy and that's part of the problem.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2006, 03:35:56 PM »

Biggest Scum-Bag?

Roger Clemens?

One of the greatest pitchers of all time and you're calling him a scumbag. Please... Undecided
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2006, 03:37:52 PM »

Biggest Scum-Bag?

Roger Clemens?

One of the greatest pitchers of all time and you're calling him a scumbag. Please... Undecided

One has nothing to do with the other.  Ever hear of Ty Cobb?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2006, 02:52:33 AM »

I saw this on myspace hihi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFbSi6L-PYA

I love this guy^
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 03:39:58 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2006, 06:48:22 PM »

This goes to the creator of this thread:

A-rod just homered today to give the yankees a 4-3 win after 12 innings. So, what do you say now?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2006, 09:22:25 AM »

"3 -1.  Here's the pitch.  The ball is up, going back, Langerhans looks up at it...that ball is GONE. The YANKEES WIN!  THE YANKEES WIN! There go the boos and here come the cheers. A-Rod hits a walk off, 2 run blast to end the game and give the Yanks a 4-3 win."

I'd say that was about the clutchest piece of hitting anyone could ask for, eh?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2006, 09:56:32 AM »

"3 -1.? Here's the pitch.? The ball is up, going back, Langerhans looks up at it...that ball is GONE. The YANKEES WIN!? THE YANKEES WIN! There go the boos and here come the cheers. A-Rod hits a walk off, 2 run blast to end the game and give the Yanks a 4-3 win."

Very clutch!  Let's promote him from Mr. March to Mr. June.  hihi

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2006, 10:37:07 AM »

A-rod just homered today to give the yankees a 4-3 win after 12 innings. So, what do you say now?

Geez, what was I thinking? I take it all back now!  A-Rod homered in a big spot, He's a true Yankee!  Hey dipshit, the point of the thread was about the Yankee FANS perception of him, not my feelings, not that he can't hit in the clutch. If you think for one second, that the next time he strikes out in a big spot, it's not going to start all over again, then wake the fuck up. He homered 3 times off Colon & Angels last year, got curtain calls, front page of the paper, big game, etc.  The fans still gave him shit shortly after
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2006, 11:47:56 AM »

"3 -1.? Here's the pitch.? The ball is up, going back, Langerhans looks up at it...that ball is GONE. The YANKEES WIN!? THE YANKEES WIN! There go the boos and here come the cheers. A-Rod hits a walk off, 2 run blast to end the game and give the Yanks a 4-3 win."

"An A-Bomb from A-Rod"  hihi

All's I can say is it's about fucking time hihi

If he could do that or something to the equivalent about 30% of the time rather than the 2% in clutch situations A-Rod might actually get some love from the NY faithful....but as it stands now.....once every 2 months or so won't cut it Grin
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2006, 11:51:18 AM »

Geez, what was I thinking? I take it all back now!? A-Rod homered in a big spot, He's a true Yankee!? Hey dipshit, the point of the thread was about the Yankee FANS perception of him, not my feelings, not that he can't hit in the clutch. If you think for one second, that the next time he strikes out in a big spot, it's not going to start all over again, then wake the fuck up. He homered 3 times off Colon & Angels last year, got curtain calls, front page of the paper, big game, etc.? The fans still gave him shit shortly after

Unless your name's is Jeter, the fans give everyone shit.

Mariano Rivera, who no one can deny is about as True a Yankee as one can get, has gotten boo'd recently.

Jorge Posada, who, again, you can't deny is about as True a Yankee as one can get, has gotten boo'd this season.

That's what playing in NYC entails. ?When you make a great play, hit a big home run, or pitch a great game...the fans love you. ?The minute you don't...they forget everything you've done in tha past.

Welcome to Yankees baseball. ?Been that way for as long as I can remember....

The real Yankees fans accept A-Rod as a Yank. ?But they're fickle. ?

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2006, 12:00:17 PM »

"An A-Bomb from A-Rod"? hihi

All's I can say is it's about fucking time hihi

If he could do that or something to the equivalent about 30% of the time rather than the 2% in clutch situations A-Rod might actually get some love from the NY faithful....but as it stands now.....once every 2 months or so won't cut it Grin

To be completely fair and accurate:
From the numbers ESPN put up yesterday (late inning hits, with a lead/deficit of 3 runs or less, I THINK with men on base but I'm not sure), he gets a hit about 22% (.218, to be exact) of the time, with 6 home runs, this season.  That's in a possible 40-something at bats, they said.  Off his .280 average, to be sure.  But nowhere near 2%.

You would hope he hit at or slightly above his average.  But in the grand scheme of the numbers, you're talking  about 6% to, at most, 10% difference over what you'd want to see him do.  And that's taking into account his AWFUL slump that lasted most of June.

Together again,
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2006, 12:04:38 PM »

He's getting a bad rap. I've been saying that from the beginning of the thread. It's unfair treatment , for the most part.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2006, 12:39:32 PM »

I still can't see how SportsCenter named that home run the #1 play of the day.  I mean hell, who compiled the list, Tim McCarver?

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2006, 01:35:17 PM »

Very clutch!? Let's promote him from Mr. March to Mr. June.? hihi

He was Mr. May. Wink

Nice, Pilferk!  Were you standing in my house yesterday?  hihi

Why don't you just....
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2006, 02:22:49 PM »

He was Mr. May. Wink

Actually, Mr. May was the great Dave Winfield.  A-Rod earned the Mr. March label with his performance in this year's World Baseball Classic.  But you got my point. ok
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2006, 02:46:08 PM »

He was Mr. May. Wink

Actually, Mr. May was the great Dave Winfield.? A-Rod earned the Mr. March label with his performance in this year's World Baseball Classic.? But you got my point. ok

Ohhhh - my bad!  Then the announcer was wrong a few weeks ago.  He said that they way A-Rod was playing that he wouldn't be Mr. June and thus wouldn't have 2 months in a row.  Doesn't matter as far as your point goes though...

Why don't you just....
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2006, 03:54:07 PM »

Hey comative or whatever your name is...the point of this thread is that some selfish guy (you) was not happy with a-rod's performance. I don't blame you, none of us yankee fans have been happy with his performance.

However, I was waiting, waiting and waiting for a-rod to do something big (and he did) just so I could rub it in your face.

BTW, you do know that in order for a-rod to be traded, he has to ask to be traded. And what team besides maybe the red sox would have the money to take on that contract?

Oh and don't be suprised if:

A) A rod is still in a yankee uniform by the time September rolls around.
B) A rod ends up putting monster numbers by the end of the year.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: