Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:34:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  a rumour which i think needs to be cleared
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: a rumour which i think needs to be cleared  (Read 10756 times)
TheMole
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2006, 06:41:58 AM »

And showed some attitude Duff never had.

What!? Duff's got attitude like none I've ever seen before.
He used to sing "Attitude" live btw Wink
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2006, 07:13:32 AM »

I'm going to get bashed for saying this, but Bumblefoot is better than any guitarist GnR has ever had.
Well it's only my opinion.? hihi
Thats insane. You would probably have said that no matter who was chosen. He's been in the band for a millisecond and hasnt contributed anything, but you think he's the best GNR guitarist ever? Gimme a break. Roll Eyes

So what if he's been in the band for a millisecond and hasn't contributed anything? Didn't I say that's MY opinion? I never said he IS the best guitarist, I was saying what I THINK, if you don't think so, good for you. It's not only because he is in the band, but also because I love his solo work.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2006, 07:21:32 AM »

If you like his solo work, thats completely different. But the guy cant even properly replicate what BH was doing, so I dont see how anyone could label him as the best GNR guitarist ever.

monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2006, 07:27:21 AM »

fuck for that,i don't wanna see duff mckagan in gunsnroses again

Tommy is realy good man and player

Ok this is going to be a rant. So sorry if it shits people off. Basicly I just want to say the new band is cool, like tommy is a cool guy, and so is Robin. But guess what? It doesn't make them cooler to slag off at the old band. And guess what else - they don't need to do that, cos they play just fine on their own. You know like Robin's solo in the blues is gold - it sits on his own merrit - it doesn't need to be backed up by people posting insults at Slash. Likewise slashs solos back in the day were fantastic.

Duff wrote some great bass parts, particularly on AFD which is far more complex bass parts than than it needed to, that is to say he could have got away with less, and duff has a ton of attitude to go with it.

That's not to say tommy isn't a good player, but just cos he is good it doesn't make duff bad. Its not like the flipside to a coin folks.

And if anything I think statements of that kind are a disservice to the new guys. You know why? Because it distracts attention from their talents and onto pointless comparisions. And in some cases the need to push a favourate by insulting others simply detracts from the credibility of the poster's argument as a whole.

for example...when people post things like "Robin is cool, the blues is awesome, slash couldn't play his way out of a paper bag" and stuff like that. I mean - slash is world recgonised as one of the best guitarists of his generation - and is the admitted author of a huge percentage of the guitar riffs and solos in many of the songs we all agree are awesome songs! So such a statement is idiotic - and the part of the statement that wasn't bullshit - the bit about robin also being cool, and also writing great music is lost amongst the haze of rubbish.

In short, i'm not having a go at mandy or anyone in particular, I'm just saying it drives me mental for all this negativity for either the old or the new band, and this apparent need to support a favourite by saying that the replacement/forerunner to that favourate was crap - when the relality is that these are all outstanding musicians.

Furthermore - the irony is - i think the band wouldn't hold these grudges. Like Axl and Slash - whatever BS is between them - neither ever seems to say that the other can't sing/play. And I strongly doubt that Robin would dislike slash's playing or that slash wouldn't like robin's blues solo. And would tommy bag duff - or duff tommy? Some of these people might have their personal issues or whatever (and others who knows if they've even met or care) - but in the end - i think they would all appriciate that the others have talents - and we should too.

Sorry to complain and rant! peace
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2006, 07:31:06 AM »

If you like his solo work, thats completely different. But the guy cant even properly replicate what BH was doing, so I dont see how anyone could label him as the best GNR guitarist ever.

As someone said up there, his technique is great. Yeah, he has just joined, and I think he's got a lot of potential in the band, more than BH if you ask me. Not only him, but I really like GNR's current guitarists.

Now, there's no need to carry on with this pointless discussion... How boring would the world be if everyone thought the same?
TheMole
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2006, 07:31:51 AM »

Ok this is going to be a rant. So sorry if it shits people off. Basicly I just want to say the new band is cool, like tommy is a cool guy, and so is Robin. But guess what? It doesn't make them cooler to slag off at the old band. And guess what else - they don't need to do that, cos they play just fine on their own. You know like Robin's solo in the blues is gold - it sits on his own merrit - it doesn't need to be backed up by people posting insults at Slash. Likewise slashs solos back in the day were fantastic.

Duff wrote some great bass parts, particularly on AFD which is far more complex bass parts than than it needed to, that is to say he could have got away with less, and duff has a ton of attitude to go with it.

That's not to say tommy isn't a good player, but just cos he is good it doesn't make duff bad. Its not like the flipside to a coin folks.

And if anything I think statements of that kind are a disservice to the new guys. You know why? Because it distracts attention from their talents and onto pointless comparisions. And in some cases the need to push a favourate by insulting others simply detracts from the credibility of the poster's argument as a whole.

for example...when people post things like "Robin is cool, the blues is awesome, slash couldn't play his way out of a paper bag" and stuff like that. I mean - slash is world recgonised as one of the best guitarists of his generation - and is the admitted author of a huge percentage of the guitar riffs and solos in many of the songs we all agree are awesome songs! So such a statement is idiotic - and the part of the statement that wasn't bullshit - the bit about robin also being cool, and also writing great music is lost amongst the haze of rubbish.

In short, i'm not having a go at mandy or anyone in particular, I'm just saying it drives me mental for all this negativity for either the old or the new band, and this apparent need to support a favourite by saying that the replacement/forerunner to that favourate was crap - when the relality is that these are all outstanding musicians.

Furthermore - the irony is - i think the band wouldn't hold these grudges. Like Axl and Slash - whatever BS is between them - neither ever seems to say that the other can't sing/play. And I strongly doubt that Robin would dislike slash's playing or that slash wouldn't like robin's blues solo. And would tommy bag duff - or duff tommy? Some of these people might have their personal issues or whatever (and others who knows if they've even met or care) - but in the end - i think they would all appriciate that the others have talents - and we should too.

I'm desperately looking for the "I bow to thee" emoticon here...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2006, 07:33:41 AM »

the whole duff with no attitude, does anyone not remember how most live shwos whilst playing its so easy he would stand next to axl and give the middle finger?

html sucks
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2006, 07:38:21 AM »

I'm just saying it drives me mental for all this negativity for either the old or the new band, and this apparent need to support a favourite by saying that the replacement/forerunner to that favourate was crap - when the relality is that these are all outstanding musicians.

I actually agree with you there.
Just to clear some things up, I like Duff as much as anyone, and he's one of my fav original members.

By the way, I know you didn't say that, but I never said he had no attitude, people are making things up? nervous What I meant was, I could never picture Duff doing what Tommy did at Download, that's all.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2006, 07:41:46 AM »

Oh he didn't? Then I've missed something..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2006, 07:42:12 AM »

if ur pissed off with the crowd, raise above it, not take it out on the cameraman, it don't look cool n it's kinda of childish!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2006, 07:45:10 AM »

I'm going to get bashed for saying this, but Bumblefoot is better than any guitarist GnR has ever had.
Well it's only my opinion.? hihi
Thats insane. You would probably have said that no matter who was chosen. He's been in the band for a millisecond and hasnt contributed anything, but you think he's the best GNR guitarist ever? Gimme a break. Roll Eyes

So what if he's been in the band for a millisecond and hasn't contributed anything? Didn't I say that's MY opinion? I never said he IS the best guitarist, I was saying what I THINK, if you don't think so, good for you. It's not only because he is in the band, but also because I love his solo work.

I think the next third guitarist will be GN'R's best guitarist! Ever! It's only my opinion though

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2006, 07:59:33 AM »

I'm just saying it drives me mental for all this negativity for either the old or the new band, and this apparent need to support a favourite by saying that the replacement/forerunner to that favourate was crap - when the relality is that these are all outstanding musicians.

I actually agree with you there.
Just to clear some things up, I like Duff as much as anyone, and he's one of my fav original members.

By the way, I know you didn't say that, but I never said he had no attitude, people are making things up  nervous What I meant was, I could never picture Duff doing what Tommy did at Download, that's all.

Ahh ok...fair enough...I didn't mean to be having a go at you anyway ok I just get wound up - anyway - I agree with you that bumblefoot is cool, I hope he stays in post the tour....
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2006, 10:20:35 AM »

As someone said up there, his technique is great. Yeah, he has just joined, and I think he's got a lot of potential in the band, more than BH if you ask me. Not only him, but I really like GNR's current guitarists.

I totally agree and I never liked BH. I think Ron is a very talented guitarist from what I heard at Hammersmith and I also love the way he is very sociable with the fans, both in person and online. Great addition to the group and somone who I think can establish himself as a fans favourite if given a chance.

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2006, 09:17:01 PM »

duff rocks, but i dont think he's coming back. I love stinson so i dont really want him back.
i just dont understand what tommy has done thats so great, no one knows yet, i hope he worked some mastery on chinese democracy but until we find out? i dont know ow you can want him over duff, duff writes some of the smoothest bass lines ive ever heard, but i think you would have to have slash duff package for duff to be the appetite/uyi duff.? wow i just said duff like 8 times, now i wanna duff beer.

if you had tommy's solo album you might understand.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2006, 12:24:59 AM »

some website called rock sound has been emailing people its "official news" saying duff is joining guns on the europian tour.

Anyone know why they are saying this?

because it is from the parallel  universe in which truth is  inverted.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2006, 12:18:21 PM »

bullshit - Duff had attitude to burn

Well said mate. Duff is the man.

i love the way as soon as a classic Guns member get mentioned on this board everyone starts saying 'Slash is a cock' 'Duff is spineless' - WTF.

I guess being spineless is walking away from the biggest band in the world, sorting your health out, going to college, starting a family, whilst still being able to rock without resorting to making sniping childish comments to the press about his former bandmates. Unlike certain folk.

Duff you ol' jellyfish you....

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: