Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:20:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  a rumour which i think needs to be cleared
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: a rumour which i think needs to be cleared  (Read 10771 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 05:45:59 PM »

why everyone bad mouthing duff, great bass player n writer!

agreed i love duff.

html sucks
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 07:20:28 PM »

Is any1 else like me, they want this new band to play and wants the new record. If we are going to have any old members that werent in the band as of the beginning of this tour, then it has to be a full blown original reunion (Adler or Sorum)
I am but I doubt that any guest appearance could be a serious threat for the band and its Chinese Democracy. Cos I should think that Axl is also like you and takes this band over whatever else and so does everyone in the band.
Donno about the people who are nomore in the band but possibly if they are happy about that for Axl and happy about themselves, they may well be willing to appear on the stage for GNR as GUESTs, like Izzy.

chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 07:37:42 PM »

I want democracy as much as the next guy but lets not forget what songs got us into Guns N Roses, and what musicians played on them. AS much as I love Bumble/robin/tommy and all the new guys, they didnt write Jungle, or November Rain.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2006, 07:51:49 PM »

duff rocks, but i dont think he's coming back. I love stinson so i dont really want him back.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2006, 08:29:55 PM »

fuck for that,i don't wanna see duff mckagan in gunsnroses again

Tommy is realy good man and player

And showed some attitude Duff never had.

bullshit - Duff had attitude to burn

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2006, 08:42:06 PM »

Tommy is cool, sure, but why bag Duff?
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2006, 08:53:48 PM »

Because people are always saying Duff, Slash, Matt or whoever will rejoin Gn'R at some point. But who knows what can happen? I mean, this isn't any reunion talk, Izzy did it.
Ugh I hope none of them rejoin, as much as I like (the old) GnR, I think that Brain is better than Matt, and I like Bumble/Finck alot too... I hope all those who left GnR are pissed now that they are making a comeback and wish they never bailed on axl...

I'm going to get bashed for saying this, but Bumblefoot is better than any guitarist GnR has ever had.
Well it's only my opinion.  hihi
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2006, 08:58:46 PM »

Because people are always saying Duff, Slash, Matt or whoever will rejoin Gn'R at some point. But who knows what can happen? I mean, this isn't any reunion talk, Izzy did it.
Ugh I hope none of them rejoin, as much as I like (the old) GnR, I think that Brain is better than Matt, and I like Bumble/Finck alot too... I hope all those who left GnR are pissed now that they are making a comeback and wish they never bailed on axl...

I'm going to get bashed for saying this, but Bumblefoot is better than any guitarist GnR has ever had.
Well it's only my opinion.? hihi

Yes! He is by far the best foot-shaped guitar player GNR has ever had.  smoking

I do love Bumble though... But its all about the Finck.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 09:04:37 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2006, 08:59:24 PM »

saw Duff jam with Phil Anselmo and Alice in Chains on VH1 Classic at the Heart special which was interesting..From Axl to Weiland to Anselmo...Interesting group....
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2006, 09:05:33 PM »

Wow! Just when you thought you heard and saw it all, something new pops up. Duff has no attitude?! Wtf! If it wasn't for Duff, you wouldn't have ISE and PC. As for Bumblefoot being the greatest GNR guitarist, I disagree. I think Bumblefoot is good. I was very impressed by him at ?the NYC show. However, the greatest guitarist for GNR will always be Slash. Slash put his heart and soul into GNR. You ?can't duplicate the guy's passion. That passion is what made Slash the best!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 09:08:22 PM by draguns » Logged
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2006, 09:08:36 PM »

duff rocks, but i dont think he's coming back. I love stinson so i dont really want him back.
i just dont understand what tommy has done thats so great, no one knows yet, i hope he worked some mastery on chinese democracy but until we find out  i dont know ow you can want him over duff, duff writes some of the smoothest bass lines ive ever heard, but i think you would have to have slash duff package for duff to be the appetite/uyi duff.  wow i just said duff like 8 times, now i wanna duff beer.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 09:10:30 PM »

It takes a whole lot of attitude to be completely obliterated and incoherent 24 hours a day... ?

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 09:27:35 PM »

It takes a whole lot of attitude to be completely obliterated and incoherent 24 hours a day... 

Yeah, lol, Duff could barely speak most of the UYI tour  hihi Makes for some hilarious interviews and stuff.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2006, 09:44:07 PM »

Well it's only my opinion.  hihi

I'd agree on technique...he's faster than slash, and seems to be able to keep the soul of the songs closer than Bucketdid...but slash is the composer...bumble is cool...but its big shoes to fill to write as many amazing riffs and solos as slash has. Hell i like them both anyway.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2006, 10:08:02 PM »

It takes a whole lot of attitude to be completely obliterated and incoherent 24 hours a day... 

Just ask Tommy what he was like in the 80's. The was getting completely wasted by age 12.
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2006, 06:24:26 AM »

Just ask Tommy what he was like in the 80's. The was getting completely wasted by age 12.

so, to put it all in prospective he's only filling duff's shoes!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
darkmonth
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2006, 06:32:40 AM »

fuck for that,i don't wanna see duff mckagan in gunsnroses again

Tommy is realy good man and player

And showed some attitude Duff never had.

WTF?! LOL!... don't be stupid.
FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2006, 06:36:38 AM »

Tommy is great, and in my opinion the man who is best suited to filling Duff's shoes but like so many people are saying we can't diss the guy who gave us the intro to ISE!!

Duff is da man!!? ok
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 07:01:30 AM by FortusGNR21 » Logged

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
TheMole
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2006, 06:40:11 AM »

The closest thing Duff will be G&R, if he playes with Alice In Chains, is two days.
At Graspop (Belgium) AIC and GNR play on the same stage, the same day, an hour or 3, 4 apart...

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2006, 06:40:53 AM »

Well it's only my opinion.? hihi
Thats insane. You would probably have said that no matter who was chosen. He's been in the band for a millisecond and hasnt contributed anything, but you think he's the best GNR guitarist ever? Gimme a break. Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: