Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:23:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  IZZY CONFIRMS EUROPEAN DATES W/ GNR
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IZZY CONFIRMS EUROPEAN DATES W/ GNR  (Read 14645 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2006, 09:00:42 AM »

Axl is not stupid...

To Izzy, as many have said, it is probably nothing more than playing with a childhood friend with whom you haven't played with in years, but in that same sense, Axl knows that to us it seems like "Izzy is giving New Gn'R his own, personal approval."

Axl maybe trying to establish a blueprint for a reunion after Chinese Democracy is all said and done, but to me right now, it's as simple as Axl trying to turn the stubborn old-school fans on to the new lineup as well as his new material.

It's the exact same strategy as Bumblefoot playing Dont Cry by himself...

Axl is trying to knit a bond between the old fan base, and the fan base of the new with one common desire...to see Gn'R in either incarnation rock the fuck out! ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2006, 09:29:01 AM »

Axl is not stupid...

To Izzy, as many have said, it is probably nothing more than playing with a childhood friend with whom you haven't played with in years, but in that same sense, Axl knows that to us it seems like "Izzy is giving New Gn'R his own, personal approval."

Axl maybe trying to establish a blueprint for a reunion after Chinese Democracy is all said and done, but to me right now, it's as simple as Axl trying to turn the stubborn old-school fans on to the new lineup as well as his new material.

Axl is trying to knit a bond between the old fan base, and the fan base of the new with one common desire...to see Gn'R in either incarnation rock the fuck out! ok

that might be true to some extent.... it`s definitely a nice side effec. however, i don`t think axl wants to use izzy for his new gnr. he wants to play with his old mate izzy again as well ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2006, 09:31:11 AM »

Axl is not stupid...

that might be true to some extent.... it`s definitely a nice side effec. however, i don`t think axl wants to use izzy for his new gnr. he wants to play with his old mate izzy again as well ok

I never said Axl was essentially "using" Izzy's presence to further his own gain, or the acceptance of the new band, I simply mean't that Axl is capable of playing with one of his oldest friends, while also turning the old-school fans on to the new material and line up all at once ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Elrothiel
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2006, 12:03:46 PM »

Axl is not stupid...

Great post!! I agree 100% beer I would applaud you Karma if I had the power! ok
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2006, 12:14:47 PM »

Axl is not stupid...

Great post!! I agree 100% beer I would applaud you Karma if I had the power! ok

I love waking up on a Wednesday with my thinking cap on ok... hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2006, 12:43:05 PM »

Axl is not stupid...

Great post and I have to agree with you. Not that any of the above is a bad thing. It's great to see Izzy on stage and great to hear Don't Cry (was that Ron's idea or Axl's?). It doesn't really matter to me why it's being done, but regardless it is a smart move an Axl/the band's part.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2006, 02:33:43 PM »

I'll say this, I don't see Izzy playing with the new band as a way of "repairing" his relationship with Axl.  I think that kind of thing is done through talking to each other and hanging out together, which by all accounts, Axl and Izzy have already done.  I think that Izzy is playing with the band in Europe because he had fun in NYC and likes playing with these guys.  I don't think he'd do this if he didn't like playing with the guys and didn't respect them.

Ali
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2006, 04:49:10 AM »

Update from Izzy, he says the Paris show on the 20st is the LAST show he's commited to at this point and not the 21st. If any other dates are added he'll let us know..
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 05:22:14 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2006, 06:26:16 AM »

Update from Izzy, he says the Paris show on the 20st is the LAST show he's commited to at this point and not the 21st. If any other dates are added he'll let us know..

Thanks IzzyDutch.  Any word on Izzy possibly writing with Axl in the future?
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2006, 10:30:50 AM »

^ Nope no word about that. Smiley
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2006, 10:49:07 AM »

he should join the band on july 2nd in nijmegen ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2006, 11:12:10 AM »

I'd rather not I don't have tickets for that one Grin
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2006, 11:55:40 AM »

I think the GNR waters are being tested for a reunion. We all know Slash, Duff, and Adler(or Sorum) would jump at the chance. Even if they hated Axl, there is too much money involved to pass it up. The big question mark in a possible reunion has always been? Izzy. Could he handle being with Axl again? Would he get sick of touring? Cant handle the circus atmosphere? Those questions are now starting to be answered.

My prediction: a GNR Reunion Tour happens in the summer of 2007. That gives CD enough time to fizzle out.

James You never give up Huh ?!

Reunion is out of guestion for now , AXl hates Slash, the only reason Izzy is back for a couples shows is ?AXL and Izzy are true friends, you talk about money and the money investing in CD is huge .
Cd wil be out the band go to a wold tour to promove the album , them the second album wil be out another tour ...

How a first single before the second album?
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2006, 12:03:52 PM »

Nonono, june 26th in Stockholm  yes ok

shit happens when you party naked
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2006, 12:12:36 PM »

can somebody tell me what mean this

"hump back "

I have never seen so many tree
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2006, 12:47:12 PM »

^yeah that you're not paying attention Tongue

Izzy will join this evening in Austria and in Paris on the 20th and that will be the final one, not the Z?rich show on the 21st like mentioned earlier.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: