Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:20:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  IZZY CONFIRMS EUROPEAN DATES W/ GNR
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IZZY CONFIRMS EUROPEAN DATES W/ GNR  (Read 14660 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2006, 10:33:48 PM »

It's great Izzy recognizes the new line up as Guns n' Roses. ?He apperantly approves of everything they are doing, he feels its a good thing, or he wouldnt play with them.

I would bet you even money if you asked Izzy who GNR was, he would rattle of Axl, Slash, Duff and Adler. I would guess him playing with the current GNR has everything to do with him mending his relationship with Axl after all of those years they were estranged and almost nothing to do with him trying endorse this new band as GNR.

If anything it could be Axl prodding him to play as many shows with them as possible, because his presence helps overshadow this whole name issue with the new band as people are so happy to see Izzy they forget about everyone else up there. Download seem to take a decided turn for the better when Izzy came out, as it sounds like the crowd really came around after that. It's great for the nostalgia factor for older fans, but it does little establish the new guys as Izzy's presence for a handful of songs seems to steal the show.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2006, 10:46:12 PM »

I could understand if Izzy were to appear for 1 or 2 shows to support Axl. However, he is appearing a lot more often. Given the free-spirited personality, I find it quite odd. ?I have to agree that Axl is keeping all options open. I think this maybe a prelude to a full-fledged reunion one day. ?Although I like what I'm hearing from the new band, nothing will ever beat the originals. ?
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2006, 10:49:23 PM »

is it true Izzy said to axl onstage: so, you still love me ah? and axl nodded his head and laughed? i read somewhere here but i kept wondering if this was true or not?. if so, i'm so happy they tell each other they still love  Grin

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2006, 10:54:39 PM »

I think this maybe a prelude to a full-fledged reunion one day.

I don't think that is the case in the near future, however if any reunion was ever going to happen at any period in time it was going to be with Izzy as the catalyst as he was the only guy who could play the intermediary between Axl and Slash & Duff as Izzy now appears to be close with all of them again after all of these years. Rekindling his relationship with Axl as always the biggest hurddle, but that no longer appears to be an issue. No one can predict the future, but anyone ever hoping to see a reunion certainly has more to cling today than they did a year ago.
Megaguns
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2006, 10:54:43 PM »

Maybe Izzy would join GnR or VR permanently but if he did he would ruin his friendships with lots of the people, Hes better off just joining them occasionally and being the one thing VR and Gnr have in common. I wonder if Axl has ever asked Izzy, So how are slash and duff?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2006, 10:58:49 PM »

Is this much different then when Izzy played with VR? 

What is his agenda?  Do you think he will do this when VR tours again, or will they just say stick with Axl? hell, he only joined VR for GNR songs and once for You Got No Right.
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2006, 10:58:57 PM »

I think Izzy playing with Axl means a lot more to him than a GNR reunion...They grew up together and they also played in Hollywood Rose together...I think Izzy and AXL look at this as more of a friendship reuniting than a GNR reuniting....And i do not think axl cares how duff or slash is anymore........One thought, maybe AXL waited so long to hire a guitar player (bumblefoot) was because he was trying to get Izzy or ...ahem......Slash
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2006, 11:07:01 PM »

Good point mike!  That was probably discussed during the infamous meeting at 5:30 in the morning at Axl's house that Slash denies ever exhisted.
Sherply
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2006, 11:25:28 PM »

is it true Izzy said to axl onstage: so, you still love me ah? and axl nodded his head and laughed? i read somewhere here but i kept wondering if this was true or not?. if so, i'm so happy they tell each other they still love? Grin

OH I just read it here http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=31691.msg622430#msg622430
That's from the review of axlstod.

I thought it's so sweet! love
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2006, 01:21:56 AM »

I don't think Izzy is the most reliable guy to have in your band, but I would have loved to seen Izzy and Bucket in the band together.

Especially the moment when Bucket discovers Izzy has trashed, puked and passed out in his chicken coop in the studio.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2006, 01:29:55 AM »

This is great!  I couldn't be more happy that Axl and Izzy are friends again.  I think both of them are at their best when working together.  I hate to say it but do ya think he will be permanetly joining them?  If so, who leaves?  Sucks because these new guys have stuck with Axl through some pretty tough shit.  Still though, I love having Izzy back.
nyd
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2006, 04:47:29 AM »

Whoever suggested a few pages back that I contact Izzy and ask him to open for a few GNR shows.... no. I think Izzy might be offended by that. He is not an opening act for GNR, he made GNR Cool

I am tempted to email Izz and ask if this is just a temporary thing or is he looking more at the long term idea of re-joining GNR but I think it is obvious that it is only short term.... otherwise why stop on the 21st?
Origen
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2006, 04:51:47 AM »

I still think he should make appearances on the UK tour, but I doubt it, or maybe just for the lucky ones at Wembley.
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2006, 04:57:45 AM »

However, I don't think people should read anything at all into this. There are many reasons why Izzy would not wish to re-join full time.?

For GNR, full time is technically part time. Tour every four years, release an album every fourteen, I'm sure he'd cope  ok 
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2006, 05:10:00 AM »

Kerrang! 2001:

Or, what if he proposed to you to return to Guns N. Roses, what would you say?

If he called me I would tell him: we're going to talk to Slash and Duff and make some good music, I think that it would
be good.

You would only accept if you were accompanied by the rest of the original formation?

Only with the original formation, or at least with Slash and Duff, I couldn't do it any other way.
Origen
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2006, 05:15:12 AM »

Kerrang! 2001:

If he called me I would tell him: we're going to talk to Slash and Duff and make some good music, I think that it would
be good.

You would only accept if you were accompanied by the rest of the original formation?

Only with the original formation, or at least with Slash and Duff, I couldn't do it any other way.

Interesting
anythinggoes
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2006, 05:15:37 AM »

Kerrang! 2001:

be good.

i see what you are getting at but he is a guest not a member there is a difference there plus it was 5 years ago plenty of the members have said shit that wouldnt happen but it has so nevermind
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2006, 05:19:45 AM »

be good.

Shame Axl didn't call him, then. We should make some inter-band transfers. Scott Weiland can have the new Guns for his backing band in exchange for Slash and Duff (he can't have Brain, though). Then we still get two great bands  ok ok
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2006, 05:23:47 AM »

Like I said before I don't think Izzy will join any band let alone GN'R... he likes his freedom to much. He said himself the thing he likes most is traveling and writing/recording music. And that's exactly what he's doing for several years. He doesn't like the business side of music and the commitments of touring. He wants to be able to go and do whatever he wants at any time. A few gigs here and there sure but a whole tour.. Izzy is just playing with new GN'R ?for the same reason he played with VR and AA. And that's cause of Axl/Slash/Duff/Steven.

I can see Izzy writing/recording with Axl, just like he did with Slash/Duff and Steven, but not joining a band and going thru the whole thing.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 05:27:30 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
TheMole
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2006, 05:32:07 AM »

Like I said before I don't think Izzy will join any band let alone GN'R... he likes his freedom to much. He said himself the thing he likes most is traveling and writing/recording music. And that's exactly what he's doing for several years. He doesn't like the business side of music and the commitments of touring. He wants to be able to go and do whatever he wants at any time. A few gigs here and there sure but a whole tour.. Izzy is just playing with new GN'R  for the same reason he played with VR and AA. And that's cause of Axl/Slash/Duff/Steven.

I can see Izzy writing/recording with Axl, just like he did with Slash/Duff and Steven, but not joining a band and going thru the whole thing.

I kinda agree...
I've always wondered why Izzy had to go because of that though... if he likes te write songs en record them, that's fine... if he doesn't want te perform that's fine: they can get a session player for that; if he does, well, the session player can stay at home... I would've been OK with that (I even think Gilby would've been OK with that back in the day Wink ).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: