Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:31:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  IZZY CONFIRMS EUROPEAN DATES W/ GNR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IZZY CONFIRMS EUROPEAN DATES W/ GNR  (Read 14733 times)
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 08:46:11 AM »

Great post james.
Something changed in Axl's mind concerning his old friends. There's definitely something going on...

All those reunion rumors a couple of months ago meant something... No smoke without fire. Grin

Funny to see the haters coming out to try to shoot down reunion hopes... Kiss

I'll download it !
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 08:49:11 AM »

I think the GNR waters are being tested for a reunion. We all know Slash, Duff, and Adler(or Sorum) would jump at the chance. Even if they hated Axl, there is too much money involved to pass it up. The big question mark in a possible reunion has always been? Izzy. Could he handle being with Axl again? Would he get sick of touring? Cant handle the circus atmosphere? Those questions are now starting to be answered.

My prediction: a GNR Reunion Tour happens in the summer of 2007. That gives CD enough time to fizzle out.

James You never give up Huh ?!

Reunion is out of guestion for now , AXl hates Slash, the only reason Izzy is back for a couples shows is ?AXL and Izzy are true friends, you talk about money and the money investing in CD is huge .
Cd wil be out the band go to a wold tour to promove the album , them the second album wil be out another tour ...

This is starting to be more than a couple of shows, though, isn't it?  I am NOT a fan of all the reunion talk, and I personally want to see the current lineup last for a long, long time.  However, having Izzy become a semi-permanent fixture would be great as well, and give the current group a bit more of the legitimacy they deserve, and have certainly earned at this point.

Is the fact that Izzy's playing so many GnR show surprising to anyone?  I know he joined VR in the early stages, but it wasn't quite this often, was it?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 08:53:48 AM »

I think the GNR waters are being tested for a reunion. We all know Slash, Duff, and Adler(or Sorum) would jump at the chance. Even if they hated Axl, there is too much money involved to pass it up. The big question mark in a possible reunion has always been? Izzy. Could he handle being with Axl again? Would he get sick of touring? Cant handle the circus atmosphere? Those questions are now starting to be answered.

My prediction: a GNR Reunion Tour happens in the summer of 2007. That gives CD enough time to fizzle out.
not a chance in hell cd fizzles out by summer of 2007 and there's more new music after cd.? ? Izzy is the only original member most people care about anyway.? He's cool with the new band.? Maybe he'll join and record some guitars for cd.? fuck any reunion.? Tommy is cooler than duff and id rather see fink.? Stop bitching about a reunion.
Dont tell me what I can say. If you dont like my posts, stop quoting them all the time. I'm not "bitching" about a reunion. Since you read my posts, you know I am not interested in a reunion at this time. Just because you love Finck and Tommy, that doesn't rule out a reunion in the future. And dont give me that 'more music after CD' line. Axl said that once 4 years ago.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 09:28:28 AM »

I haven't seen the recent live performances with Izzy's appearance, so a question for those who have - when Izzy joins the band on stage, does that mean there's 4 guitarists all up there at once, or do some of the other guys sit out while Izzy does his thing?

Seems a bit much to have 4 guitar players up there playing songs that 2 guitarists used to manage. Not a dig at the new band, just curious about it that's all. Kinda like too many cooks in the kitchen kinda thing.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
madagas
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 09:30:24 AM »

Personally, I don't want a reunion ever. It is perfect right now for me (well almost as I NEED an album!). Izzy being involved a little is icing on the cake. My favorite three people ever in Gnr are Axl, Izzy, and .....Tommy! Also, Robin, Ron, and Richard are really really coming together quite well. Ron is stepping up HUGE. As much as I love Bucket, Ron seems to really want to be there and is just flat out laying some great licks down. I'm really starting to dig Robin too-effort counts for a lot in my book. ?Fuck, I'm starting to fall for this band like I fell for the old group back in the day. ?beer Grin
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 09:37:16 AM by madagas » Logged
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 09:47:55 AM »

Agree with the reunion thing, I dont want reunion right now I want things as they are now, specially cause GNR is back in business and that sort of things will make the release of a new album even longer.

No man can be my equal
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 09:58:16 AM »

let this incarnation have their chance with CD but after it's reunion time in my opinion? beer
Z
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 10:12:36 AM »

You guys make things so complicated......read too much into things.

Izzy joining Axl on stage only equates to their friendship that started way back in Indiana.? Childhood friends.

Izzy does not want to rejoin GNR fulltime.? He left because he is a roamer, a free spirit....doesn't want to be nailed down nor committed to lengthy tours.

Things are great with Robin, Richard & Ron.? Gaining steam.? Their recovery in the midst of the Download drama proves they can be a force to be reckoned with.? Big fuckin' attitude with the ability to keep on rockin through an onslaught of piss bottles and technical difficulties.

Axl showed he can get pissed but keep on rockin.? Tommy showed true rock star attitude.? Robin showed the same over a week ago.? Ron smiles at you as you shower him with bottles.? Richard stands up there like he has no other care in the world other than hittin those 6 strings.

Low and behold we now have a rock band that's worthy of taking over.  NO, we now have 2 new rock bands.

GNR vs. Velvet Revolver criss-crossing the globe battling it out lettin the music do the talking.

Face it your parents got divorced and they aint gettin back together.?

Fuck that reunion shit.? I'm more lookin forward to Chinese Democracy and Libertad in a reoccurring duel in my cd player this fall.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 10:17:28 AM »

I agree with almost everything Z says.

One thing, and it's not necessarily a disagreement, is that with Izzy being around you have to think something will pop up creatively.  The man was one of the, if not the, spark that ignited GnR's songwriting.  He did it with VR, when they were getting off the ground, too.  I'd be interested to see if he's writing anything, or participating in the creative process in any way, with GnR.  Not for him to play, necessarily, on the album or on tour.  But just to write with them.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 10:20:46 AM »

Izzy joining Axl on stage only equates to their friendship that started way back in Indiana.  Childhood friends.

Izzy does not want to rejoin GNR fulltime.  He left because he is a roamer, a free spirit....doesn't want to be nailed down nor committed to lengthy tours.

Things are great with Robin, Richard & Ron.  Gaining steam.  Their recovery in the midst of the Download drama proves they can be a force to be reckoned with.  Big fuckin' attitude with the ability to keep on rockin through an onslaught of piss bottles and technical difficulties.

Axl showed he can get pissed but keep on rockin.  Tommy showed true rock star attitude.  Robin showed the same over a week ago.  Ron smiles at you as you shower him with bottles.  Richard stands up there like he has no other care in the world other than hittin those 6 strings.

Low and behold we now have a rock band that's worthy of taking over.  NO, we now have 2 new rock bands.

GNR vs. Velvet Revolver criss-crossing the globe battling it out lettin the music do the talking.

Face it your parents got divorced and they aint gettin back together. 

Fuck that reunion shit.  I'm more lookin forward to Chinese Democracy and Libertad in a reoccurring duel in my cd player this fall.

Great post.  Izzy knows he is welcome on that stage anytime he wants Smiley  He may come and go as he pleases.  I really doubt the same holds true for Slash.   

Fuck a reunion, the band out kicking ass right now is the better band.   I don't see Axl telling someone like Tommy Stinson he has no job anymore because Duff is coming back.  hihi  and thank god  peace

Its great to see Axl and Izzy are good friends once again, and Izzy must really enjoy jamming with these guys  Cool
madagas
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 10:26:48 AM »

Z, great post. Pilferk, the thought of Axl, Izzy, and Tommy writing together... drool I think it may happen for the subsequent albums. I really do. It would be perfect for Izzy. Help create some stuff yet not be bogged down by the full time bullshit. He would get his writing credits as well just like Arkeen, Huge, Lank etc. Cheesy
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 11:15:32 AM »

One thing, and it's not necessarily a disagreement, is that with Izzy being around you have to think something will pop up creatively.  The man was one of the, if not the, spark that ignited GnR's songwriting.  He did it with VR, when they were getting off the ground, too.  I'd be interested to see if he's writing anything, or participating in the creative process in any way, with GnR.  Not for him to play, necessarily, on the album or on tour.  But just to write with them.

Yeah I have to agree, I think Izzy is writing with the band at least during soundchecks. I know they jam out riffs and stuff sometimes, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if Izzy was writing with them.
Elrothiel
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2006, 11:50:04 AM »

Izzy joining Axl on stage only equates to their friendship that started way back in Indiana.  Childhood friends.

Izzy does not want to rejoin GNR fulltime.  He left because he is a roamer, a free spirit....doesn't want to be nailed down nor committed to lengthy tours.

Things are great with Robin, Richard & Ron.  Gaining steam.  Their recovery in the midst of the Download drama proves they can be a force to be reckoned with.  Big fuckin' attitude with the ability to keep on rockin through an onslaught of piss bottles and technical difficulties.

Axl showed he can get pissed but keep on rockin.  Tommy showed true rock star attitude.  Robin showed the same over a week ago.  Ron smiles at you as you shower him with bottles.  Richard stands up there like he has no other care in the world other than hittin those 6 strings.

Low and behold we now have a rock band that's worthy of taking over. NO, we now have 2 new rock bands.

Face it your parents got divorced and they aint gettin back together. 

Fuck that reunion shit.  I'm more lookin forward to Chinese Democracy and Libertad in a reccurring duel in my cd player this fall.

Hell fuckin' yea!!! Awesome post dude!! beer
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 11:50:12 AM »

The man was one of the, if not the, spark that ignited GnR's songwriting. ?He did it with VR, when they were getting off the ground, too. ?I'd be interested to see if he's writing anything, or participating in the creative process in any way, with GnR. ?Not for him to play, necessarily, on the album or on tour. ?But just to write with them.

If nothing else maybe Izzy can pass Axl the music that Izzy,Duff,Slash and Matt wrote before VR started that they considered to be the best instrumental Guns record to date. That material is just sitting somewhere, and God knows that Izzy,SLash and Duff have creatively contributed to more than a few timeless Guns songs. It must have been pretty strong stuff given those types of comments and the fact that Izzy to have wanted to go out and tour with it. I remember reading old interviews from that time where Slash was saying how into it Izzy was really starting to get.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2006, 12:00:45 PM »

Yeah I have to agree, I think Izzy is writing with the band at least during soundchecks. I know they jam out riffs and stuff sometimes, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if Izzy was writing with them.
me neither.  quite frankly Izzy looks pretty damn comfortable on stage with these guys.   He seems to gel well with Tommy and Robin espeically, and obviously Axl.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2006, 12:17:56 PM »

Z, excellent post man, you pretty much nailed it. hopefully we'll have both albums in the fall so we can compare---if that happens, it's all gravy. ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2006, 12:28:48 PM »

hopefully we'll have both albums in the fall so we can compare

Guns album had better be a superior album for that kind of time and money or else we have all wasted alot of time following this band for the last 8-10 years waiting for this thing. Just the same as you would expect all things being equal that the kids at school who spent 15 weeks working on a term paper would write a better one than the kids who waited until the end and only spent a week. I will be majorly disappointed in Axl if the difference between the two is not clearly night and day.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2006, 12:30:34 PM »

sounds sweet bach and izzy on stage with axl out fucking kill. hope they do nightrain.

estranged.1098
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2006, 12:50:25 PM »

Another reunion thread...

What you people need to get into your heads is that Guns N' Roses is Axl, Tommy, Robin, Fortus, Bumblefoot, Brain, Dizzy and Pitman. That's Guns N' Roses, and I think the last quitter left in 2004.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2006, 12:55:54 PM »

One thing, and it's not necessarily a disagreement, is that with Izzy being around you have to think something will pop up creatively.? The man was one of the, if not the, spark that ignited GnR's songwriting.? He did it with VR, when they were getting off the ground, too.? I'd be interested to see if he's writing anything, or participating in the creative process in any way, with GnR.? Not for him to play, necessarily, on the album or on tour.? But just to write with them.

Yup, I too agree with what Z says... and I believe with Izzy Stradlin hanging out with Axl again at one time or another Axl has to say to him... "so you ever thought about maybe writing something for me to take a look at..."  or something along the lines to suggest to Izzy that Axl would welcome his creative input.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: